Mali 4 : 1 Mauritania

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Mali 4 : 1 Mauritania

Post by Senator WIRES »

Goals are flying in like crazy :lol:

4-1
Last edited by Senator WIRES on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MALI is Mauling Mauritania

Post by oloye »

They are simply showing the so called big teams how to put a minnow in their place. Those left footed players on Mali side have sniper poison on their boots, their shooting is impeccable.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Meanwhile Mauritania brought all the left over Senegalese players , they look so much like Senegalese , you would think it is Senegal playing. They have tried to use their big size but as the game progresses the smaller and more nimble Malians started dancing around them.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Thank God there's a thread for this,I was wondering why nobody opened a match thread for the Mali game. Those Malians are very good players-fast, skillful, and boy do they pack some lethal shots (make we no meet them anytime soon with Akpeyi in goal).
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

oloye wrote:Meanwhile Mauritania brought all the left over Senegalese players , they look so much like Senegalese , you would think it is Senegal playing. They have tried to use their big size but as the game progresses the smaller and more nimble Malians started dancing around them.
They borrowed the physique of their neighbors, but unfortunately not the footballing abilities.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mali 4 : 1 Mauritania

Post by oloye »

Look at all the names on the back of the Mauritanians, they are mostly Senegalese , i quickly pulled out my West African map to confirm what i already suspected, yes they share a common border, i can swear they are the same save for the arabs who also live in Mauritania who probably drfited in from Algeria their northern neighbour.

They looked okay at the beginning but as game went on lack of fitness began to show, the Malians were fitter and better.

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

They are the same as most of the countries is sub-saharan Africa. In fact, I remember running into a few of them speaking Wolof and when I expressed surprised at their understanding of the language, they looked at me like I had two heads.

They seem to be investing in their football. They have a bit of oil money and the drive to improve so I expect them to build on this. BTW, Mauritania used to be the whupping boys of the sub-region. Even Gambia beat them regularly.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

YUJAM wrote:They are the same as most of the countries is sub-saharan Africa. In fact, I remember running into a few of them speaking Wolof and when I expressed surprised at their understanding of the language, they looked at me like I had two heads.

They seem to be investing in their football. They have a bit of oil money and the drive to improve so I expect them to build on this. BTW, Mauritania used to be the whupping boys of the sub-region. Even Gambia beat them regularly.
Then they have come a long way. I heard the commentators made mention of their football development plan. It is good to see it bearing fruit. I still suspect they shipped in some Senegalese players Coulibally, Ba etc they must be Senegalese :lol: :lol:

I think they did well, the scores did them no justice, but you could see how far they have come if Gambia too was waiting on the line to have a go.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
YUJAM wrote:They are the same as most of the countries is sub-saharan Africa. In fact, I remember running into a few of them speaking Wolof and when I expressed surprised at their understanding of the language, they looked at me like I had two heads.

Then they have come a long way. I heard the commentators made mention of their football development plan. It is good to see it bearing fruit. I still suspect they shipped in some Senegalese players Coulibally, Ba etc they must be Senegalese :lol: :lol:

I think they did well, the scores did them no justice, but you could see how far they have come if Gambia too was waiting on the line to have a go.

the black Mauritanians have similar ethnic identities as the Malians, Senegalese, Guineans, etc. Couliballly and Ba are as common in Mali, if not more common, than in Senegal.

By the way, Mali has always played good football. They just somehow falter. Who remembers how 1Naija yabbed Okocha et al at ANC 2002 for being outplayed by "Malian Teenagers"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mali have some hidden gems in their team sha!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

danfo driver wrote:mali have some hidden gems in their team sha!
Oga, the opposition was below par
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

oloye wrote:They are simply showing the so called big teams how to put a minnow in their place. Those left footed players on Mali side have sniper poison on their boots, their shooting is impeccable.
I looked at the highlights because of this comment :shock: .
Yes, yes, it is sniper.
Advocating rational thought since 1987