ESPN black reports discuss casual racism from CAM/ENG game

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ESPN black reports discuss casual racism from CAM/ENG ga

Post by Mr. Piffington »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Where do you even begin with this fuckery?

I see people are caping for the Cameroon team, let’s be real here: they acted disgracefully and racism wasn’t involved. We can’t afford to dilute the racism issue by shouting racism when things don’t go our way.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mr. Piffington wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Where do you even begin with this fuckery?

I see people are caping for the Cameroon team, let’s be real here: they acted disgracefully and racism wasn’t involved. We can’t afford to dilute the racism issue by shouting racism when things don’t go our way.
be careful, you have an opinion that does not fit in with majority of people here, they will throw words like uncle tom or white man worship!! thankfully there are still some people that dont play to the gallery! nobody mentioned the spitting episode, a clear sending off and match ban or the blatant stamp on the foot of an English player, they will not mention the several chances Cameroon had to score and could not
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

marko wrote:
Bell wrote:Y'ALL SAW WHAT ITALY GOT AWAY WITH vs CHINA?

In the 25th minute of the match, an Italian defender raised her boot to head level and made contact with the head of a Chinese attacker. After a VAR review the ref declared it a nothing burger.

I can't say with certainty how all of the refs in this WC would have called it if it were an African player but I think it was far worse than the blank kick which resulted in a PK against Nigeria and (what was the other team?). Some of you may have seen it but you may want to check it out if you didn't. In my humble opinion, it was a horrible non-call. Missing also was the kind of unfavorable comments by the commentators which you would have heard had the perpetrator been an African player. This is why I can understand the frustration of the Cameroon girls with calls going against them in lopsided proportions.

The greatest crime in all of this is if African FA chiefs fail to bring this to the attention of FIFA while at the same time upgrading the women's game in Africa.
Bell
I also saw the cameroon player stamp on the English girl foot, blatant sending off offence, yet the ref allowed play to go on! even the spitting episode as well, where do we draw the line?
The ref was obviously compensating for her own culpability in the events that occurred. Nice to know that she has a conscience :!:

Cheers.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
marko wrote:

In the 25th minute of the match, an Italian defender raised her boot to head level and made contact with the head of a Chinese attacker. After a VAR review the ref declared it a nothing burger.

I can't say with certainty how all of the refs in this WC would have called it if it were an African player but I think it was far worse than the blank kick which resulted in a PK against Nigeria and (what was the other team?). Some of you may have seen it but you may want to check it out if you didn't. In my humble opinion, it was a horrible non-call. Missing also was the kind of unfavorable comments by the commentators which you would have heard had the perpetrator been an African player. This is why I can understand the frustration of the Cameroon girls with calls going against them in lopsided proportions.

The greatest crime in all of this is if African FA chiefs fail to bring this to the attention of FIFA while at the same time upgrading the women's game in Africa.
Bell
I also saw the cameroon player stamp on the English girl foot, blatant sending off offence, yet the ref allowed play to go on! even the spitting episode as well, where do we draw the line?
The ref was obviously compensating for her own culpability in the events that occurred. Nice to know that she has a conscience :!:

Cheers.
Yes that was a good call by the referee, the game was emotionally charged as is was!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Enugu II wrote:

Bell
Bell,

But it is not just Italy getting away with non-calls when the rules are there. Today, you would have seen how the Netherlands girls wasted time to get the ball back into play by changing the player taking the throw-in and then calling for another ball while the clock ticked without the referee showing any care or threatening a caution. But I remember the ref of the Nigeria v S/Korea game hounding a Nigerian player to quickly throw-in the ball or face a caution when the player sought to waste time. The pk retake against Nigeria was not a big "issue" and was simply the RULE being enforced but it suddenly became a big issue when it applied to the Scottish girls. Suddenly, not only did the UK media wail, the Premier League issued a statement on how it will apply the VAR, the feminists accused FIFA ion sexism for how it has used the VAR in the WWC, and FIFA suddenly changed how RULES on the same pk will apply in the WWC. Wait a minute? I thought it was THE RULE? :laugh: So why now are they changing it? :???: Go figure.

Fact is that this situation will not change by merely being muted to accept the RULES. Why? It isn't about just the rules but how the are enforced, when they are enforced, and who it is enforced against that matter. IMHO, it is absurd to sit back and simply state it is the RULE and let them stick it up to us. The point is that the administrators must complain and challenge how these rules are enforced and the large range of discretion used in determined where, when, and how those rules are enforced. That is the job of administrators and they should take it seriously. Football is not just the game on the field but also what happens in the boardrooms. It is that complex. There are no flowers or gifts for being naive.
enuguii, WE ALL KNOW THAT...

...most calls by a ref are discretionary. Take American football as an example. As everyone would tell you, if the refs want to, they can call "holding" on every play. Now imagine a situation in which the refs call holding on one team only. They go to video replay and everyone says, going by the rules, a holding call was correct. What they ignore is that these calls are being against one team only. This has been the case in this WC. So while the refs may have been correctly interpreting the rules, the calls are made primarily against the lesser teams while ignoring them against the elite ones - see Italy vs China.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

marko wrote:

Bell
I WAS REFERRING TO THE ITALY vs CHINA MATCH

I'd have hoped you'd address that match and, if later, you want to further discuss what went on between Cameroon and England, I'm game. Let's avoid smokescreens and red herring.
Bell
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bell wrote:
marko wrote:

Bell

I'd have hoped you'd address that match and, if later, you want to further discuss what went on between Cameroon and England, I'm game. Let's avoid smokescreens and red herring.
Bell
Look VAR should be scrapped, or at least not used in the group stages as they are doing in the African nations cup, i did not watch the other game you are speaking about, so i cannot comment on that!

Marko
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

marko wrote:
Bell wrote:
marko wrote:

Bell

Bell
Look VAR should be scrapped, or at least not used in the group stages as they are doing in the African nations cup, i did not watch the other game you are speaking about, so i cannot comment on that!
I disagree, VAR should NOT be scrapped because it’s been a blessing to football. Football has too much invested in it for wrong calls by the officials, we can’t cry because things aren’t going our way.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The hypocrisy of the English coach, fans, and media was absolutely gob smacking:

1) The English commentator on FS1 mocked a Cameroon player for crying in frustration. Obviously she forgot that English football's biggest poster boy of the last 30 years Paul Gascoigne, made his name after breaking down and crying tears in a WC game because the ref booked him. Contrast that with how that incident made Gazza a loveable hero and showed his "human" side, with how a female Cameroon player is somehow immature for crying in frustration at bad refereeing decisions.

2) Phil "back in my day, the first thing we would do is put the winger into the stand with a big tackle" is whining about strong tackling by the opposition? The man who played in a Man Utd team alongside mild-mannered pacifists such as Keane, Ince, Cantona, Bruce, Stam, Butt, Scholes, and Rooney is really whining about tough tackling by others?! :lol:

3) Every week in EPL football we see players go ape s**t and surround refs, wave imaginary cards, and even fight in the tunnel because of refereeing decisions they did not like. A Cameroon player cries and they act like she stabbed someone with a pen knife.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

marko wrote:
Bell wrote:
marko wrote:

Bell

Bell
I MUST CONFESS...

…I also comment on subjects about which I've not adequately educated myself so I can't complain too much about your case. That said, why did you immediately take the side of the officials? And to be sure, I don't like VAR only because it slows down the game. My complain is the way VAR has been used and abused to victimize the lesser teams.
Bell
Gboye7777
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye7777 »

marko wrote:If only Cameroon took their several goal scoring opportunities, the headlines today will be Cameroon knocked England out in a highly controversial emotionally charged game
:agree:
Gboye7777
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye7777 »

I did not watch the whole match but I went back to watch the highlights as well as the alleged spitting incident/leg stamp etc.

I can understand the frustration of the Cameroon team vis a vis the goals allowed and disallowed. That is where they have their point. The spitting incident did not seem deliberate to me although one could argue that no-one should be spitting in the vicinity of another player. The stamping on the foot of the English player should have been a red card in my humble opinion. Cameroon's reaction to the perceived injustice eventually did them in. When you go out to avenge yourself because of perceived wrongs, your efforts become the spotlight, rather than the other persons wrongs. If Cameroon had kept their heads in the setting of poor officiating, the narrative would have been different.