Tournament Footie becoming boring?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg
Tournament Footie becoming boring?

Post by jdizzy »

All 3 AFCON games yesterday ended 0-0. 3 out of 4 Copa America QF matches ended 0-0. Most teams seem to be playing a compact/cautious style of football...limited proper attacking football anymore
I can't wait for league ball to start in August
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tournament Footie becoming boring?

Post by bret- hart »

jdizzy wrote:All 3 AFCON games yesterday ended 0-0. 3 out of 4 Copa America QF matches ended 0-0. Most teams seem to be playing a compact/cautious style of football...limited proper attacking football anymore

Dude please speak for yourself. Nothing tops seeing young men and women wear the colors and crest of their nations and represent their countries at the highest level. Not even a bunch of overhyped overpaid mercenaries that play for clubs that don't even know or care that you exist.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

jdizzy wrote:All 3 AFCON games yesterday ended 0-0. 3 out of 4 Copa America QF matches ended 0-0. Most teams seem to be playing a compact/cautious style of football...limited proper attacking football anymore
Which league if I may ask? :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

jdizzy still think tournament football is boring? :rotf:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Gold Cup and Nations Cup have been decent not exciting, the problem with tournament football is that the players are tired they are playing over 40 games a season, and instead of resting they are jetting off to these summer tournaments.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

You guys don’t know footie.

Watch the old WCs and AFCON.
Even the later stages of the UEFA CL.

The finals are a hit n miss but the games just before that...? :thumbs:

EDIT: I need to dump iPhones because typing or posting on them is a pain.
Last edited by Kabalega on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nothing boring,just watch knock out stage with drama,i hope you are not comparing this tournament with yeye league that Barca will put 7 pass Betis or City put 4 pass West Ham