CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Post by danfo driver »

Kepa is a cvnnt. When he refused to be substituted when Sarri tried to sub him and the rotten arrogance on his face that day, made me dislike him. Where is that arrogance he showed that day? Where is that stupid face he had that day? He is a cvvnnt!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:Kepa is beyond poor. Jorginho is slow and weak and useless in a 2 man midfield especially against an opponent’s middle 3.

Hopefully they get the draw vs Wolves or ManU wins Leicester City in order for my boys to qualify for CL. Na wa.
Not once did you blame the pathetic trash manager
What more do you want to hear from me that you cannot read on this thread?

My position on Lampard is well documented. He got the job due to being at the right place at the right time and not due to merit. That said, given his inexperience, transfer ban and loss of his best player (Eden Hazard), he's done well to lead Chelsea to within 1 point of CL qualification with one game to go plus an appearance coming up in the FA Cup Final.

Does he have faults? Of course he has lots of faults because he's a rookie in the EPL. It's expected. But if he is able to qualify for CL and even win the FA Cup in his rookie season, he'd have overachieved as a manager based on results. And this is a results driven business.
He better win the FA Cup, or I will never forgive him! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow Arsenal is finish ,so you ahte Arsenal passs chewing gum master?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote:Leicester will lose to United.

dat na sure banker!
Leicester will not lose to United at the King Power... united has been woeful of late
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

that joke of a goalie named Kepa in on a 173k pounds per week...what sort of yahoo, yahoo transfer was done...who was the crook that spent 71 million pounds on Kepa
SuperEagles

imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Watched Cagliari keeper yesterday , Chelsea should take a hard look at him.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

imehjunior wrote:Watched Cagliari keeper yesterday , Chelsea should take a hard look at him.

Everyone is shouting for Oblak who has a 109M release clause. It would be crazy to dole out such an amount on a Keeper. Or any single player for that matter.

Quite frankly, I think just about any keeper not named Kepa would do better for Chelsea.

Henderson and Pope are PL-proven.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

balo wrote:
imehjunior wrote:Watched Cagliari keeper yesterday , Chelsea should take a hard look at him.

Everyone is shouting for Oblak who has a 109M release clause. It would be crazy to dole out such an amount on a Keeper. Or any single player for that matter.

Quite frankly, I think just about any keeper not named Kepa would do better for Chelsea.

I'll take Pope..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

balo wrote:

...your FA semi-final keeper is way better.
If Kepa was in goal that day United could have won easily.
Like wise, if United 2nd keeper was in goal Chelsea would have found it hard to score.
I think the 2 young coaches messed up at 2 different matches.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

mcal wrote:
balo wrote:

Like wise, if United 2nd keeper was in goal Chelsea would have found it hard to score.

That would be my opinion too. And that's why I am blaming Lampard for the situation Chelsea finds herself this season. Apart from his inexperience, his obduracy vis-a-vis Kepa borders on stupidity.

Kepa has been bad all season long. But Lamps continue to play him as first choice keeper.

There were some saves that Cabalero made against Liverpool and Man U that helped the club to make it to the FA Final.

If it were Kepa for both games, the club wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to play Man U in the Semis.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The arrogant coach finally succumbs to fan pressure.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:The arrogant CVNNT finally succumbs to fan pressure.
:D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

balo wrote:
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:

That would be my opinion too. And that's why I am blaming Lampard for the situation Chelsea finds herself this season. Apart from his inexperience, his obduracy vis-a-vis Kepa borders on stupidity.

Kepa has been bad all season long. But Lamps continue to play him as first choice keeper.

There were some saves that Cabalero made against Liverpool and Man U that helped the club to make it to the FA Final.

If it were Kepa for both games, the club wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to play Man U in the Semis.
The job of a manager at top level consist of making both economic and football decision. The albatross hanging on Frank"s neck is what to do with a prized asset goalie that Kepa is, 75milla cannot be thrown in the bin just like that. That is always the problem when you fork out such a huge sum on a player, the manager is saddled with managing that asset. Kepa has benefitted from the fact that he cost a whopping 75 milla, he knows this, he knows his position is guaranteed not because of his performance on the pitch but more on the basis of his economic value. Because the only way you can preserve the value of Kepa is to keep playing him if Kepa was a 20 milla buy, he would have been cleaning the cabinet by now, not hanging around first team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:

The job of a manager at top level consist of making both economic and football decision. The albatross hanging on Frank"s neck is what to do with a prized asset goalie that Kepa is, 75milla cannot be thrown in the bin just like that. That is always the problem when you fork out such a huge sum on a player, the manager is saddled with managing that asset. Kepa has benefitted from the fact that he cost a whopping 75 milla, he knows this, he knows his position is guaranteed not because of his performance on the pitch but more on the basis of his economic value. Because the only way you can preserve the value of Kepa is to keep playing him if Kepa was a 20 milla buy, he would have been cleaning the cabinet by now, not hanging around first team.

Totally understood. But he has cost the team too many points this season such that he should be deemed total waste and kept permanently on the bench. Cumming won't fair any worse.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Kepa would have conceded the save the Caba just made.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Mason Mount scores to put Chelsea back in third position.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Giroud makes it 2 - 0.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Havertz can now book his flight to London.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Lester coughed up a CL spot that many thought was already in the bag.

Dang!

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:Kepa is beyond poor. Jorginho is slow and weak and useless in a 2 man midfield especially against an opponent’s middle 3.

Hopefully they get the draw vs Wolves or ManU wins Leicester City in order for my boys to qualify for CL. Na wa.
Your two loves, Chewing Gum face and mad man, seem to be frustrating you bro. How market? :D
Market is much better today. well done to my boys & Super Frank Lampard for securing CL :clap:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:Leicester will lose to United.

dat na sure banker!
As always you know your football. :agree:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

balo wrote:Kepa would have conceded the save the Caba just made.
Lol. He conceded from that type of cross against, Ajax, Valencia (away) and who knows other games I can't remember.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Think Frank has had a relatively easy ride this season.

But with the large cash outlay on txfers, will come pressure.

Think he plays a 'lil bit to the gallery sometimes; a little like Rogers who frankly is a fraud...

Against 'pool in a largely meaningless game, one couldn't but notice he was lost once Klopp adjusted the team shape to deal with his 3-man backline. And what I thought was instructive was that he continued to flail until fresh players came on and made the failures less obvious, plus his touchline rant to deflect from this...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Now go get a new goalie
SuperEagles