CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote: what are you talking about? Chelsea spent 58 million on CP and 40 Million on Kova, (pounds) . He had players with EPL championship winning experiences , FA cup winners and Europa winners. What's all these excuses about a one window ban? Chelsea had just a one window ban and were allowed to sign players in January( he chose not to) Do you want to list the players Chelsea had ? Come one stop with the false narrative the team was made up with 11 kids week in week out, Willian, Rudi, Alonso, Giroud, Bats, Kante, Azpi, Zouma, Pedro, are all seasoned pros. Westham , beat Chelsea home and away, Sheff and Bourne took 4 points each off Chelsea, Everton with a care taker coach flogged Chelsea, United and pool took 6 points off Chelsea, Southampton , Westham and bournemouth beating Chelsea at home etc , etc. Relegated teams scoring left and right ... anyone could score . He got exposed in the champs league ... smh..
The fact is he had a transfer ban. Kovacic was already on the squad last season as a regular starter (be it on loan) so how you count him as an 'addition' beats me - there goes your false narrative. Pulisic was bought before the ban. Point being that Lampard, unlike the Spurs, Arsenal's and ManU's of the EPL, couldn’t add his squad and lost Hazard on top of the matter.

To complete his squad, he relied heavily on championship level players (Mount & Tammy - 21 epl goals between the two of them: false narrative abi?). Giroud was on the bench in the first half of the season because Tammy had scored 13 goals or so by November/December. He then got injured and lost his form.

He also had to navigate injuries to Tammy, Pulisic, Kante, Kovacic, Billy, etc. I won't even discuss Kepa going from bad to worse.

That said Lampard is a rookie coach who made a lot of rookie expected errors. Defensive organization is a massive problem. Notwithstanding, the key for him is steady growth and progress. Rome wasn't built in 1 year. It took a seasoned Bundesliga champion elite manager like Klopp FIVE YEARS to win the EPL especially after an 8th place finish in his first season. I guess it's ok for hypocritical folks to preach Patience for Klopp but not willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to another coach - much less experienced - who exceeded his target in his rookie epl season.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote: what are you talking about? Chelsea spent 58 million on CP and 40 Million on Kova, (pounds) . He had players with EPL championship winning experiences , FA cup winners and Europa winners. What's all these excuses about a one window ban? Chelsea had just a one window ban and were allowed to sign players in January( he chose not to) Do you want to list the players Chelsea had ? Come one stop with the false narrative the team was made up with 11 kids week in week out, Willian, Rudi, Alonso, Giroud, Bats, Kante, Azpi, Zouma, Pedro, are all seasoned pros. Westham , beat Chelsea home and away, Sheff and Bourne took 4 points each off Chelsea, Everton with a care taker coach flogged Chelsea, United and pool took 6 points off Chelsea, Southampton , Westham and bournemouth beating Chelsea at home etc , etc. Relegated teams scoring left and right ... anyone could score . He got exposed in the champs league ... smh..
The fact is he had a transfer ban. Kovacic was already on the squad last season as a regular starter (be it on loan) so how you count him as an 'addition' beats me - there goes your false narrative. Pulisic was bought before the ban. Point being that Lampard, unlike the Spurs, Arsenal's and ManU's of the EPL, couldn’t add his squad and lost Hazard on top of the matter.

To complete his squad, he relied heavily on championship level players (Mount & Tammy - 21 epl goals between the two of them: false narrative abi?). Giroud was on the bench in the first half of the season because Tammy had scored 13 goals or so by November/December. He then got injured and lost his form.

He also had to navigate injuries to Tammy, Pulisic, Kante, Kovacic, Billy, etc. I won't even discuss Kepa going from bad to worse.

That said Lampard is a rookie coach who made a lot of rookie expected errors. Defensive organization is a massive problem. Notwithstanding, the key for him is steady growth and progress. Rome wasn't built in 1 year. It took a seasoned Bundesliga champion elite manager like Klopp FIVE YEARS to win the EPL especially after an 8th place finish in his first season. I guess it's ok for hypocritical folks to preach Patience for Klopp but not willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to another coach - much less experienced - who exceeded his target in his rookie epl season.
We all know it took klop 5 years and he finished 8th . However you are trying to indicate Lamps had no players . He had one transfer window and a huge set of quality players minus hazard
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

balo wrote:
as long as tammy becomes the 3rd choice striker i have no issues with this. I expect the team to be much better offensively, however what are the plans for the defensive mid-field , CB and goalkeeping
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:
balo wrote:
Cristao II wrote:This is Lampard's first season and he has done well.

A lot of the normally top clubs had a terrible season. Man U rallied eventually. SPURS and Arsenal imploded, otherwise you may not have said the above.

Personally, I think Chelsea did poorly. He is a lucky coach in that the club is throwing their support behind him. 33 points off the lead is an indictment on Lamps.

Conte and Sarri wished they got the same level of support. From fans and board alike.
Conte & Sarri are experienced managers who where supported in the transfer market and had the benefit of Eden Hazard. Lampard played the likes of Tammy, James, Mount, Billy & Tomori extensively this season due to transfer ban and finished in 4th place - only 6 points behind Sarri by the way. With a half decent goalie, they's have finished 10 points higher or more.
How many league games did billy even play. He stumbled on pullisic, and was benching the guy like no tomorrow, talkless of giroud.
Mind you Lamps had the likes of Willian,pedro, Kante and Azpi ( serial winners) not to talk of players live kovacic, etc. lets call a spade a spade, he had top quality players already . The season was a failure. for over 38 league games, Lamps couldn't learn how to defend . 57 league goals and 12 losses.
And still finished tied for 3rd with ManU on points in spite of ManU, Spurs and Arsenal spending hundreds of millions of pounds in the transfer market. I say Well done Lampard.
Spurs spent hundreds of millions? :???: :???: WHEN!! Just accept the congratulations and go - dont compare Chelsea and Spurs spending.
Spurs spending 2019/2020 season:
Ndombele 60 mill;
Sessegnon 27 mill;
Jack Clarke 11 mill;
Gedson Fernandes 56 mill;
Lo Celso 32 mill;
Bergwijn 30 mill;

Total 148.5 milion Euros.

False narrative abi? :lol:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/tottenham ... verein/148
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
balo wrote:
as long as tammy becomes the 3rd choice striker i have no issues with this. I expect the team to be much better offensively, however what are the plans for the defensive mid-field , CB and goalkeeping
Lol. It's interesting to see how he will be featured by Lampard.

DM is up in the air given the club won't pay anywhere near 70 mill being demanded for Declan.
GK - linked with Pope, Henderson & Onana. Henderson will likely go back to ManU. If Pope leaves Burnley they go back down to championship so they won't be thrilled to entertain any transfer. That leaves us with the possibility of Onana whom I don't know if the club is keen on. My guess is they will rather go with a goalie with proven EPL experience.
LB - Chilwell or Tagliafico.
CB - many have been casually linked. The picture will be clearer over the next couple of weeks.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I will prefer Tagliafico
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoZ_R30Jv4M[/video]
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I will prefer Tagliafico
I hope so as well. He's reasonably priced and with arguably more upside than Chilwell.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
balo wrote:
Lol. It's interesting to see how he will be featured by Lampard.

DM is up in the air given the club won't pay anywhere near 70 mill being demanded for Declan.
GK - linked with Pope, Henderson & Onana. Henderson will likely go back to ManU. If Pope leaves Burnley they go back down to championship so they won't be thrilled to entertain any transfer. That leaves us with the possibility of Onana whom I don't know if the club is keen on. My guess is they will rather go with a goalie with proven EPL experience.
LB - Chilwell or Tagliafico.
CB - many have been casually linked. The picture will be clearer over the next couple of weeks.
Twitter is buzzing about Chilwell having informed Lester that he wants a Chelsea switch.

I fail to see why Chelsea is so keen on him.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:
balo wrote:
Cristao II wrote:This is Lampard's first season and he has done well.

A lot of the normally top clubs had a terrible season. Man U rallied eventually. SPURS and Arsenal imploded, otherwise you may not have said the above.

Personally, I think Chelsea did poorly. He is a lucky coach in that the club is throwing their support behind him. 33 points off the lead is an indictment on Lamps.

Conte and Sarri wished they got the same level of support. From fans and board alike.
Conte & Sarri are experienced managers who where supported in the transfer market and had the benefit of Eden Hazard. Lampard played the likes of Tammy, James, Mount, Billy & Tomori extensively this season due to transfer ban and finished in 4th place - only 6 points behind Sarri by the way. With a half decent goalie, they's have finished 10 points higher or more.
How many league games did billy even play. He stumbled on pullisic, and was benching the guy like no tomorrow, talkless of giroud.
Mind you Lamps had the likes of Willian,pedro, Kante and Azpi ( serial winners) not to talk of players live kovacic, etc. lets call a spade a spade, he had top quality players already . The season was a failure. for over 38 league games, Lamps couldn't learn how to defend . 57 league goals and 12 losses.
And still finished tied for 3rd with ManU on points in spite of ManU, Spurs and Arsenal spending hundreds of millions of pounds in the transfer market. I say Well done Lampard.
Spurs spent hundreds of millions? :???: :???: WHEN!! Just accept the congratulations and go - dont compare Chelsea and Spurs spending.
Spurs spending 2019/2020 season:
Ndombele 60 mill;
Sessegnon 27 mill;
Jack Clarke 11 mill;
Gedson Fernandes 56 mill;
Lo Celso 32 mill;
Bergwijn 30 mill;

Total 148.5 milion Euros.

False narrative abi? :lol:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/tottenham ... verein/148
The information above is not fully accurate. How does a spend of 148.5m correspond to hundreds?

Ndombele 60 mill;
Sessegnon 27 mill;
Jack Clarke 11 mill;
Gedson Fernandes 56 mill; He is on loan from Benfica. His loan fee is 4.5m
Lo Celso 32 mil;, He is on loan and transfer is finalised for next season. His loan fee is 16m
Bergwijn 30 mill;
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

I may not like his antics or the fact for people like him he gets an easier pass - but as a manager from his time at Derby and now, the manager Lampard deserve respect and commendation. Will he go on to become something greater - only time and his efforts will determine. But on the whole body of evidence from his playing days and now - he is one of those ones that you have to fairly give their due - whether you support Chelsea or not. The same way I gave Mauricio Poccetino his due even though he didn't win any trophy with Spurs - the guy tried and over try.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

green4life wrote:
I hope so as well. He's reasonably priced and with arguably more upside than Chilwell.
I honestly don't understand the Chillwel hype...he doesn't jump out at me as a must have like Alaba does...what's Lampard doing? :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Willian or Benrahma?
Willian has been a leader in the dressing room and has massive work ethic, but he's sometimes akin to killing our moves and counters
Benrahma .. very skillful, much younger and a better dribbler/attacking footballer..
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:Willian or Benrahma?
Willian has been a leader in the dressing room and has massive work ethic, but he's sometimes akin to killing our moves and counters
Benrahma .. very skillful, much younger and a better dribbler/attacking footballer..

I would take Said. Club should be moving on from Willian. But the guy knows how to milk it when contract talk is ongoing. Lamps is pushing to keep him at SB.

But why not get Said too? Let's see if he keeps Willian permanently on the bench.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

paj wrote:Willian or Benrahma?
I don't mind having Willian but it's time to move on from the player who has no more than 2 years left at best at this level. Said looks like a good replacement if they decide to go that route.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

imehjunior wrote:Watched Cagliari keeper yesterday , Chelsea should take a hard look at him.
Abeg who has Frank's number? Just watched the Cagliari keeper against Juve today and apart from Oblak he would be my pick.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

City are buying Ake....he's good but at 5'11" for me I don't think he will resolve our issues especially with deadball situations....as a left back I'd take him but not as a CB..
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:City are buying Ake....he's good but at 5'11" for me I don't think he will resolve our issues especially with deadball situations....as a left back I'd take him but not as a CB..

Chelsea has the opportunity to match the offer and bring him back to SB. I am sure that will be considered.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

balo wrote:
paj wrote:City are buying Ake....he's good but at 5'11" for me I don't think he will resolve our issues especially with deadball situations....as a left back I'd take him but not as a CB..

Chelsea has the opportunity to match the offer and bring him back to SB. I am sure that will be considered.
do WE need him abi na make juss enter to deny City?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:
balo wrote:

do WE need him abi na make juss enter to deny City?
I don't think he is better than what Chelsea currently has. Spending 40M just to block his progress makes no sense either.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

paj wrote:
green4life wrote:
I honestly don't understand the Chillwel hype...he doesn't jump out at me as a must have like Alaba does...what's Lampard doing? :evil:
Chillwell is a poor defender, very very poor defender
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Even in training, Kepa can't be bordered.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

OGa balo where can we watch this game on tv in USA?
Abi na the link you give me be the only hope to watch on phone