CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Post by green4life »

Cellular wrote:
green4life wrote:One too many Central midfield injuries proving costly. Lampard’s second half subs destabilized the team and exposed all of Jorginho’s weaknesses. Bad result but they still control their CL destiny with 3 games left which given the transfer ban plus rookie manager is more than what any sane Chelsea fan would’ve hoped for by this point of the season. Back to the drawing board.
Tuned in to watch Chelski. Surprised at how poor they were.

Stopped watching EPL for a minute.

What is Ross Barkley and Jorginho doing on the team? Especially Jorginho... seeming uninterested. And why is Reese starting?

I never liked the backman Zouma.

Shitty performance all around.
Lol. Jorginho partnered with Mount and Barkley to start but frank has to switch to 343 and sacrificed Mount. I’d have dumped Jorginho given he lacks legs to play in a midfield duo. Anyway the other explanation is the 3 CMs ahead of Jorginho in Lampard’s recent CM pecking order are / or were recently injured (Kanté, Kovacic & Gilmour). So he only has one natural CM left and no DMs. For the next game against Norwich he might have to consider James as an emergency DM (decently skilled, mobile and pretty physical). Jorginho no be am.

Reese started as a RB (Azpilcueta at LB) then switched to RWB (Azpilcueta at RCB) with the formation change in the second half. He’s a young promising full back but he clearly has a way to go to get to the required level. I won’t be too harsh on him because he’s got all the tools you want from a modern RB but my only concern is whether he’s mentally strong to handle CFC expectations. Fans can be fickle and even less patient than trigger happy Roman.

As for back man Zouma, ironically for me he’s the best pure defender on the squad. Ball to feet he’s somewhat challenged but serviceable. What he needs is a reliable top class CB next to him in the mold of a VVD level to keep him organized positionally speaking and he’ll be fine. There’s no hope for Rudy (useless). Christensen is the opposite of Zouma (good on the ball but poor physically and just as poor positionally).

The last thing you didn’t mention was coaching. Good f Lampard wasn’t Lampard his chances of returning next season would’ve been slim to none. The naïveté has been painfully glaring when it rears it’s ugly head. Today is a classic example: ok, the game got away in the first half but all wasn’t lost and his HT adjustment was gradually having the desired effect. What was needed was patience but he makes 2 head scratching subs (Giroud for Pulisic) and CHO for ?? with 15mins plus injury time left which put the team in an unnecessarily 424 shape - likely what you saw - which led to the easiest goal and game over. For Frank to have any chance at success next season, he needs a seasoned assistant by his side.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

As long as Lamps sees only English boys in this Chelsea team, he will keep getting English results.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:One too many Central midfield injuries proving costly. Lampard’s second half subs destabilized the team and exposed all of Jorginho’s weaknesses. Bad result but they still control their CL destiny with 3 games left which given the transfer ban plus rookie manager is more than what any sane Chelsea fan would’ve hoped for by this point of the season. Back to the drawing board.
Ah! you are here! Hale and hearty! thank God o! We were worried about you, as you have actfully dodged the Sarri thread. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Where else will I be? I’m a Chelsea fan. I don’t follow Juventus or Sarri.
But you "followed" them when you chose to tell us how "mad man conte" will coast the league abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Glad you are well bro! As for Chelsea, buying players is one things, especially players who have never played in the EPL before. However, competing against the top coaches in the world is another thing. Lampard cannot compete against the top coaches in the world.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:However, competing against the top coaches in the world is another thing. Lampard cannot compete against the top coaches in the world.
I agree given your "mad man Mourinho" is no longer a top coach in the world since Lampard swept him home and away :taunt:

By the way, I also didn't follow Sarri when he lost to Napoli in the finals of Copa Italia or did you 'forget' to call me out then? I don't know since I don't care about Juventus or Sarri :P
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
I agree given your "mad man Mourinho" is no longer a top coach in the world since Lampard swept him home and away :taunt:

Was this even a debate? :lol: :lol:
By the way, I also didn't follow Sarri when he lost to Napoli in the finals of Copa Italia or did you 'forget' to call me out then? I don't know since I don't care about Juventus or Sarri :P
This Conte failure truly dey pain you sha! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Imagine coming 4th in a 2 horse race... kai! nno! :lol: :lol: You twerked up and down the whole place telling us how the mental patient will win Serie A. He spent close to 200 million to fight for 4th position. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As for your white-privileged God, Lampard, I hope you guys keep him! :lol: :lol: This is just the beginning. :taunt: :taunt:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

By the way, G4L, as you continue to make excuses for your white-privileged God... wanna comment on your fellow racist Chelsea fans?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The effect of having a white-privileged chewing gum face as your coach. #poor

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I hope they don't ban city, I want lampard fired and I despise the trash set of English players who are trash and overhyped playing for Chelsea , they are rubbish. It's been a whole year and the defense is a joke
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Agent Solankee doing great for Bournemouth.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

It's a great afternoon after all.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Solankee hasn't scored in over 39 games. But when Leicester needs to consolidate with a win, he scores 2.

Like Chelsea, like Leicester.

Both teams do not deserve the CL.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Benji aka Franklin will go all in for Declan “Terry” Rice, in one of the most spectacular failings since Jonathan Stones laced up at the Etihad.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

balo wrote:Solankee hasn't scored in over 39 games. But when Leicester needs to consolidate with a win, he scores 2.

Chelsea is reloading this offseason...we deserve to make the CL.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
balo wrote:Solankee hasn't scored in over 39 games. But when Leicester needs to consolidate with a win, he scores 2.

Chelsea is reloading this offseason...we deserve to make the CL.

We won't be playing the likes of West Ham and Bournemouth in the CL.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chelsea is one lucky team sha,
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... mcgoldrick

Chelsea fans aren't even in the stadium yet the racial abuse won't stop, damn.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

City back in europe, ban overturned
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... mcgoldrick

They are all the same. The ones on Cybereagles worship their white-privileged coach!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... mcgoldrick

They are all the same. The ones on Cybereagles worship their white-privileged coach!
I know the common wisdom is all European teams have racist elements but Chelsea go the extra mile to remind you. Just a couple of weeks ago they had former youth players sue them for racial abuse, even the kids were being called racist names!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

I don't get why we're going for Declan Rice to play him as CD when we need a proper CD...if U wan sell Jorginho and put Rice there I understand..but Rice na DM...
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:I don't get why we're going for Declan Rice to play him as CD when we need a proper CD...if U wan sell Jorginho and put Rice there I understand..but Rice na DM...
Actually, he is a CB who was moved to DM because of his comfort with the ball. The understanding at West Ham was that his long-term place will be as CB.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

danfo driver wrote:
paj wrote:I don't get why we're going for Declan Rice to play him as CD when we need a proper CD...if U wan sell Jorginho and put Rice there I understand..but Rice na DM...
Actually, he is a CB who was moved to DM because of his comfort with the ball. The understanding at West Ham was that his long-term place will be as CB.
OH...Gracias..I didn't know that..so..would U take him @ Chelsea?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
OH...Gracias..I didn't know that..so..would U take him @ Chelsea?
Interestingly, like you, right now, I will only take him as a DM at Chelsea. Although he is very talented and could one day become a top CB he is not the CB to take Chelsea to the next level. If Chelsea were going to buy 2 CBs--one like Koulibaly, then I will bring Rice because he doesnt have to be the man now and can develop in the next 2-3 years.

As a DM, I'd rather Ndidi or Kante than him.