CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Post by Cristao II »

Re:Kepa. I am laughing. I just hope Mendy isn't thrown under the bus as well. There is something called form. But then this is Chelsea.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...for Chelsea goalie, all I can say is some people got it going for them no matter who they shiit on or where they do the dumping. If he is African dem for don show am the door.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Lampard thinks Mendy will be the answer to his problems. :lol:

Next he'll blame Petr Cech when Chelsea continue to leak goals. :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:Lampard thinks Mendy will be the answer to his problems. :lol:

not everyone has the most expensive team like pool

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Lampard thinks Mendy will be the answer to his problems. :lol:

Do you know what 'valuable' means in the context of this?

Do you know the difference between the value of a squad and 'expensive'?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Do you know what 'valuable' means in the context of this?

Do you know the difference between the value of a squad and 'expensive'?
once again,

SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:Re:Kepa. I am laughing. I just hope Mendy isn't thrown under the bus as well. There is something called form. But then this is Chelsea.
Chelsea is a team that takes risks in the pursuit of silverware unlike Spurs. You will win some and lose some in the pursuit of glory. Such is the nature of the business for ambitious club. Clubs like City & Liverpool didn't wait for gk 'form' to hold them down. Once they noticed the problem area, they addressed it swiftly, and it went a long way towards achieving their ultimate goal.

If Mendy doesn't work out, he will be shown the door as well. It's business and not personal. This is how it's always been at Chelsea under Roman. But folks are only 'noticing' due to their hatred for Lampard. Lampard himself will get the axe if he fails to meet the boss expectations and he knows it. It's what it is.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Re:Kepa. I am laughing. I just hope Mendy isn't thrown under the bus as well. There is something called form. But then this is Chelsea.
Chelsea is a team that takes risks in the pursuit of silverware unlike Spurs. You will win some and lose some in the pursuit of glory. Such is the nature of the business for ambitious club. Clubs like City & Liverpool didn't wait for gk 'form' to hold them down. Once they noticed the problem area, they addressed it swiftly, and it went a long way towards achieving their ultimate goal.

If Mendy doesn't work out, he will be shown the door as well. It's business and not personal. This is how it's always been at Chelsea under Roman. But folks are only 'noticing' due to their hatred for Lampard. Lampard himself will get the axe if he fails to meet the boss expectations and he knows it. It's what it is.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

green4life wrote:Lol. So many hypocritical folks have shown up. Klopp dumped two goalies before settling on Allison at almost 70mill. Pep dumped hart for bravo and just one year of bravo was good enough reason to move onto elderson. Both Klopp and Pep can be CYA managers who blame poor results on poor goalies but when Lampard looks to replace a goalie who statistically is the WORST in England - even before poor performances in back to back games, he’s a CYA check book manager looking to cash in on white privilege.

Klopp can spend 400 to 500 mill and it’s fine. Pep can burn thru one bill and it’s ok. But let Lampard spend 200mill and it’s because he’s a CYA manager who is cashing in on white privilege abi?

Show me a team in recent times (apart from Leicester) that never spent heavily in the market to address problem areas and I will show you a manager who hasn’t won the league. Stop being a hypocrite.
OK you have a point, others also ditched their keepers.

But all I said is that the way Lampard spoke in that interview, I deduce that things are not well behind the scenes, nobody has time to wait for Kepa's confidence to recover, he has been binned in public. That's the truth.

You can then talk at length about who kept who and why,
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Chelsea suck Hippopotamus shyt.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Havertz scores first goal for Chelsea.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Congrats to harvetz
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Caballero needs to be in goal till Mendy is ready. Send Kepa to Siberia.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Harvetz hattrick.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

An example of why Barkley is mediocre.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:

I would suggest reviewing Lampard's tactics to see why your goal keeper is more exposed. This is not a Spurs or Chelsea mentality thing. Your club was once worth a pound and was rescued by an oligarch who has spent major sums so let's not go to club management and ish.

If you talk to my friends in real life who are Chelsea fans, I have warned them about Kepa. I am enjoying their silence now.

However check if this performance is due to Lampard's tactics or Kepa's ability. Does his tactic expose the goal keepers? All keepers make mistakes. Hugo Lloris has done crazy ish. Recall Gazzaniga who inexplicably 'tackled' a Chelsea player last year. De Gea also. I am not saying Kepa is the best but review the defensive exposure of Lampard's tactics.

PS the term 'this is Chelsea' referred to your club's short patience with non performing players. I have no idea what else you thought I was referring to.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Hmm, as for Mendy nah me tok am.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:

I would suggest reviewing Lampard's tactics to see why your goal keeper is more exposed. This is not a Spurs or Chelsea mentality thing. Your club was once worth a pound and was rescued by an oligarch who has spent major sums so let's not go to club management and ish.

If you talk to my friends in real life who are Chelsea fans, I have warned them about Kepa. I am enjoying their silence now.

However check if this performance is due to Lampard's tactics or Kepa's ability. Does his tactic expose the goal keepers? All keepers make mistakes. Hugo Lloris has done crazy ish. Recall Gazzaniga who inexplicably 'tackled' a Chelsea player last year. De Gea also. I am not saying Kepa is the best but review the defensive exposure of Lampard's tactics.

PS the term 'this is Chelsea' referred to your club's short patience with non performing players. I have no idea what else you thought I was referring to.
You don’t watch a lot of Chelsea games which explains your response. Yes every goalie makes mistakes. Mendy will make his errors as well. But it’s one thing to make errors and yet another (Kepa) to exhibit near incompetence in goal. When you (Kepa) are conceding regularly from over 20 yards away what’s that got to do with poor defending. The whole idea of good defending is to protect box by preventing shots inside your 18. You want us to absolve him the responsibility of making basic saves from 20 to 30+ yards away abi? I won’t even talk about the obvious problem that he doesn’t come out to challenge or win crosses inside his 6 yd box talkless of his 18 which then creates shots on target inside his 18 from closer range. You want the defenders to prevent shots from 30+ yards AND win every aerial ball (first and second balls) in the box. Is that even possible? Yet you are quick to compare him to the likes of De Gea and Hugo who have demonstrated control of aerial balls in the boxes with regularity notwithstanding the odd mishap. A goalie is hired to make saves. Most will be basic or average saves while some will be difficult. We are not saying that kepa should be as good as Buffon in his prime. No. The issue with kepa is he’s not making the expected saves. Yes you will be exposed from time to time but every shot on target mustn’t be a scoring chance. We don’t expect him to be a clean sheet master like Cech was but simply to exhibit minimum level of competence to save routine shots. He’s not doing that and he can’t blame Lampard for his incompetent level of performances.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Instead of focusing on Rice, why aren't Chelsea and Lamps keen on Partey?

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

balo wrote:Instead of focusing on Rice, why aren't Chelsea and Lamps keen on Partey?
Rice is a CB, younger and a former youth player.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Caballero needs to be in goal till Mendy is ready. Send Kepa to Siberia.
How much is Kepa earning each week?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx