The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by ohenhen1 »

But they were one year extensions. They now both have 3 years left on their deals. Aubameyang is on 200k per week according to sportstrac
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I won't lie, this Iwobi thing is seriously paining me
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Waffiman wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:I am not too unhappy about the Iwobi sale though surprised it happened. He was probably the only player worth any serious money in that midfield and with Ozil not having any takers he was the obvious target to balance the books.

Will be hard watching him in a Toffee shirt though ....All the best to the lad. My son is gutted as they are pretty good friends.
My bro, it is exactly that. Balancing the books. :curse:
I agree with you, Waffi. I believe Iwobi would have stayed had we been able to off load Ozil.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

if we can still get Ozil off the wage books and Mustafi, we can closer to balancing the books. But can we footballistically afford to move Ozil, now that we have moved Iwobi who can also play the position. This Arsenal self, they are not serious. this Iwobi thing dey pain me.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

amafolas wrote:if we can still get Ozil off the wage books and Mustafi, we can closer to balancing the books. But can we footballistically afford to move Ozil, now that we have moved Iwobi who can also play the position. This Arsenal self, they are not serious. this Iwobi thing dey pain me.

bro, me and you both :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I won't lie, this Iwobi thing is seriously paining me
E no pain me at all..I am so happy and the sweetest part is I am loving how the thing dey pain assnal CE spammers...then d part wey go sweet me some more nah make Iwobi come score vs assnal and e come add shaku shaku...oh my ....that will be the best gift for me this year
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

amafolas wrote:if we can still get Ozil off the wage books and Mustafi, we can closer to balancing the books. But can we footballistically afford to move Ozil, now that we have moved Iwobi who can also play the position. This Arsenal self, they are not serious. this Iwobi thing dey pain me.

Footballistically or otherwise, has the team ever missed Mesut Ozil? They seemed to get some of the best results of the season against top EPL teams in his absence. Dani Ceballos is a maestro and if he can adapt quickly then Ozil becomes more negligible.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Nketiah to Leeds. Hope he gets playing time.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

cchinukw wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:You guys are being incredibly biased. We are about to sell a guy that has failed to live up to expectations and has no prospects of being a starter in the foreseeable future for 40MP and yet you are whining :lol:

For 40M we can easily find at least 2, and probably 3 young players in their late teens who can give us attacking depth off the bench. If Iwobi was not Nigerian this sale would be celebrated in these quarters.

Iwobi will now have a chance to show his worth as one of the stars of the Everton attack. Lets see what he does there but I'm convinced this is a good move for Arsenal FC.
You do realise that his natural position is playing through the middle and that for most parts he has been played out of position. Let's be fair!

Please who has not been played out of position in Arsenal ? na Auba, Ozil , Mikhi ? maybe just maybe Laca is the only one in the front who has always played as what he was bout to play o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

What will folks here say if Iwobi is a bust at Everton? That he doesn't have enough service? We sold a guy that was not going to be a starter for us within the next 3 years for 40M. I would rather take the sure thing (40M) than the uncertainty that after 3+ years of coming off the bench he might be good enough to start for us in his mid- to late- 20s. If this guy isn't Nigerian no one here sheds a tear.

Now we can take the 40M and combine it with hopefully CL revenue in 2020-21 and shedding Ozil/Mikh, etc to strengthen the squad at CB, AM, etc.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Heliopolis wrote:What will folks here say if Iwobi is a bust at Everton? That he doesn't have enough service? We sold a guy that was not going to be a starter for us within the next 3 years for 40M. I would rather take the sure thing (40M) than the uncertainty that after 3+ years of coming off the bench he might be good enough to start for us in his mid- to late- 20s. If this guy isn't Nigerian no one here sheds a tear.

Now we can take the 40M and combine it with hopefully CL revenue in 2020-21 and shedding Ozil/Mikh, etc to strengthen the squad at CB, AM, etc.
Hopefully, he will do well at Everton and improve as a Nigerian supporting our players, as I’m sure you did when Mo Salah was sold by Chelski...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Heliopolis wrote:What will folks here say if Iwobi is a bust at Everton? That he doesn't have enough service? We sold a guy that was not going to be a starter for us within the next 3 years for 40M. I would rather take the sure thing (40M) than the uncertainty that after 3+ years of coming off the bench he might be good enough to start for us in his mid- to late- 20s. If this guy isn't Nigerian no one here sheds a tear.

So because we are Nigerians we should support salah... e no go better for you and Salah because of this post...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:I am not too unhappy about the Iwobi sale though surprised it happened. He was probably the only player worth any serious money in that midfield and with Ozil not having any takers he was the obvious target to balance the books.

Will be hard watching him in a Toffee shirt though ....All the best to the lad. My son is gutted as they are pretty good friends.
Like you said earlier Waffi, it's stupidity at the best. Or how else do you rationalize letting the best of your youth to leave and now Iwobi. We let Ramsey leave and yet brought in a player on loan for a total of 15pounds? Isn't that enough to offer Ramsey in a 3 year contract?
I take consolation in the fact that in no distance future we will have our Arsenal back.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

maceo4 wrote:

Hopefully, he will do well at Everton and improve as a Nigerian supporting our players, as I’m sure you did when Mo Salah was sold by Chelski...
I am more cold when I assess football, even when it comes to my compatriots. For instance, while I am an Egyptian and an Arsenal fan, I do not think Elneny is Arsenal quality and it would be best for the club to ship him out. This does not mean I do not want Elneny to do well.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Iwobi is 23. He is certainly not a bust at Arsenal. He was about to hit his prime.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Heliopolis wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I am more cold when I assess football, even when it comes to my compatriots. For instance, while I am an Egyptian and an Arsenal fan, I do not think Elneny is Arsenal quality and it would be best for the club to ship him out. This does not mean I do not want Elneny to do well.
Damn, I guess b/c I'm not an Arsenal fan I look at things with green tinted lenses but at least he was more useful than the likes of El Neny if we are being honest. I don't think your team is actually better with Iwobi gone (seeing as he wasn't replaced) esp with the riff raffs like Ozil, Mhkt, Xhaka etc still there
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

maceo4 wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Damn, I guess b/c I'm not an Arsenal fan I look at things with green tinted lenses but at least he was more useful than the likes of El Neny if we are being honest. I don't think your team is actually better with Iwobi gone (seeing as he wasn't replaced) esp with the riff raffs like Ozil, Mhkt, Xhaka etc still there
This is what really hurts.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Like you said earlier Waffi, it's stupidity at the best. Or how else do you rationalize letting the best of your youth to leave and now Iwobi. We let Ramsey leave and yet brought in a player on loan for a total of 15pounds? Isn't that enough to offer Ramsey in a 3 year contract?
I take consolation in the fact that in no distance future we will have our Arsenal back.
Indeed, we have our Arsenal back.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Did i just read Helipolis compare the Iwobi sale to Elneny from a patriotic standpoint? Nna ehn, wonderful :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Everton is a direct rival that wanted a winger to feed Richarlisson....
Their striker would most likely be Kean, playing in front of Richarlison, Iwobi and Benard.
that team will cause a lot of wahala, they also have DJbril as RB...wonder how their midfield will be since they lost Gueye, they also bought one other player ..they look stacked ..kai
Their midfield has good numbers, hopefully, the quality is there-- Gbamin, Delph, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Gomes and Davies.
Arsenal just strengthened a direct rival for top 10. The only saving point is that Everton's manager doesnt do good defence training.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Let's put some "respeck" on the name of our "kid" - Alex Iwobi. Hope great things happen for ya under a young decent gaffer - Bless Up.

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2019 ... -expected/
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Judging what is perceived as failure/success is mostly subjective in the absence of relevant metrics.
You can take a social scientist and give him a complicated mathematical problem and as expected he will end up failing to solve it........would that mean he is a failure?

Iwobi's time at Arsenal was a success based on what his role was not what some fans who never liked him wanted to do. If Everton signed him to perform the same role he performed at Arsenal. I bet his time there is going to be a success and I bet you will still call him a failure because he did not score 20 goals and assist 15 goals. It's not his job. His job is something else.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I feel the same way. Had Ozil or Mkhi been offloaded then my guess is Iwobi wouldve been retained.

I still hope both those guys get sold by January and hopefully we can then get Coutinuo.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯