The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Nkume »

kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:When I saw Virgil at Celtic, I knew he was the business then. I still can't get over the fact that Arsenal did not sign him.Congrats to him.

Na lie only Uncle Aniks and Oga Oloye recognize him as a good player.i remember Uncle Aniks was begging you even said if he was good would not be playing for celtic
What? :mad:

Please show me the post. I used to watch Celtic back then just to see VVD dribble from CB to score up front. The only bad word I ever said of VVD was that he was gong ho like Varmalen.

Please if you say something like this provide proof.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Nnai Emeribe best NOT bench Laca on Sunday.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:Nnai Emeribe best NOT bench Laca on Sunday.
Is Laca fully fit to play 90 mins?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:Nnai Emeribe best NOT bench Laca on Sunday.
At the Emirates. Emery won't dare. Laca is crowd favourite there. That's his parlour.

Remember when he subbed Laca off last season and got roundly booed. But Laca being the guy he is, started applauding the crowd and the boos largely turned to applause for him.

That moment endeared him even more to the faithful in that stadium. Laca is Arsenal's most popular player at the Emirates right now, he has replaced Ozil.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:When I saw Virgil at Celtic, I knew he was the business then. I still can't get over the fact that Arsenal did not sign him.Congrats to him.

Na lie only Uncle Aniks and Oga Oloye recognize him as a good player.i remember Uncle Aniks was begging you even said if he was good would not be playing for celtic
What? :mad:

Please show me the post. I used to watch Celtic back then just to see VVD dribble from CB to score up front. The only bad word I ever said of VVD was that he was gong ho like Varmalen.

Please if you say something like this provide proof.
Yep. I recall vividly, your fondness for VVD.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ManU send Alexis & Smalling on loan for no fee - ManU pays 75% of Alexis wages to Inter.
Arsenal sends Elneny to Beşiktaş for no loan fee.
EPL clubs jammed up with these transfer window closing date situation - no leverage.
----------------------------
With Monreal out of the Derby & Sead very poor in a (4 at the back set up) - are we looking at 3 at the back for Sunday.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Thank you Nacho :clap: :thumbs:

[/video]
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Wanted Monreal to play on Sunday. Alas!

It is obvious why we are doing this, and relying on Kolasinac as our only LB for a couple months creates a problem where we did not have one before.

Here is the reality. When you consider the huge wages off the payroll and what has come in. They are actually making a profit from the window.

This is how Kroenke has run the club since he arrived, it is why we will never be a top club no matter who the Coach/Manager is.

Now let us have a closer look. Are we really stronger now after this transfer window?

Tierney for Monreal?
Ceballos for Ramsey?
Luiz for Koscielny?
Pepe for Iwobi?
Nelson for Welbeck?

There is this annoying tendency for people to get carried away over new signings, but I am not sure this is a better squad than last season's. Youngsters aside.

This is a young crop of players loaded with inexperience. We are really hoping a lot of factors coming together in our favour. Just look at the young players at ManU already feeling the strains of the pressures of expectation.

The one good thing is the opposition look weak. So we have a good chance for top 4 still.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Waffiman wrote:Wanted Monreal to play on Sunday. Alas!

It is obvious why we are doing this, and relying on Kolasinac as our only LB for a couple months creates a problem where we did not have one before.

Here is the reality. When you consider the huge wages off the payroll and what has come in. They are actually making a profit from the window.

This is how Kroenke has run the club since he arrived, it is why we will never be a top club no matter who the Coach/Manager is.

Now let us have a closer look. Are we really stronger now after this transfer window?

Tierney for Monreal?
Ceballos for Ramsey?
Luiz for Koscielny?
Pepe for Iwobi?
Nelson for Welbeck?

There is this annoying tendency for people to get carried away over new signings, but I am not sure this is a better squad than last season's. Youngsters aside.

This is a young crop of players loaded with inexperience. We are really hoping a lot of factors coming together in our favour. Just look at the young players at ManU already feeling the strains of the pressures of expectation.

The one good thing is the opposition look weak. So we have a good chance for top 4 still.
Oga, I have been watching ManCity and Liverpool this season. Both of them are well-oiled offensive machines. We are nowhere near them. I watch ManU, Chelsea and they are both as dysfunctional as we are. Hope dey, we are not beating the 2 big boys. Lets take our time with youth to try and be best of the rest. As for Kreonke, all I know is God dey
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Looks like the Stars are aligned in our favour looking at the results of Chelsea & ManU but can Unai cash in. Sead's poor passing from the back - Emery must be brave & smart.

Nah:
https://statsbomb.com/2019/08/anatomy-of-a-half/
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

See as big donkey don pic race because of wetin Sheffield Utd do.

Instead of minding his business and focusing on his team, he is focusing on Arsenal.

With all his knowledge, he should go and replace Lampard.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

peron33uk wrote:See as big donkey don pic race because of wetin Sheffield Utd do.

Instead of minding his business and focusing on his team, he is focusing on Arsenal.

With all his knowledge, he should go and replace Lampard.
My bro why are you even give this character any relevance...please dont abeg please.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:

Tierney for Monreal?
Ceballos for Ramsey?
Luiz for Koscielny?
Pepe for Iwobi?
Nelson for Welbeck?

Oga, I have been watching ManCity and Liverpool this season. Both of them are well-oiled offensive machines. We are nowhere near them. I watch ManU, Chelsea and they are both as dysfunctional as we are. Hope dey, we are not beating the 2 big boys. Lets take our time with youth to try and be best of the rest. As for Kreonke, all I know is God dey
My brother, this is about options and numbers.

Remember how we struggled towards the end of last season when fatigue and injuries crept in. It cost us CL football. We had everything to gain and nothing to lose if we kept Iwobi and Monreal. Moreover, we do not need to sell.

It is also about having 2 or 3 players in positions to do a job so the opposition do not focus on the one player making it easy to defend against us. With Monreal, Holding and Xhaka, we could build from defence and destroy teams because all of those players can pass a ball. With Holding and Monreal, Xhaka got the space to play. Now Montreal, who is the best ball playing FB in the league is gone, just watch how they will press Kolasinac when we try to play out of defence.

We had an imbalance last season in our squad, with Iwobi being the only one on the left side to progress the ball from midfield to attack with the vision also to pick out a pass.

Now we have an imbalance on the right with Pepe being the only creative outlet and to progress the ball. What if we pose Pepe. Also, why not have Iwobi to come in so we have both?

We lost midfield to forward progression, then compound it with losing Montreal's defence to midfield progression.

If we ever want to be a top team again, you keep at least two of Kos, Monreal and Iwobi.

Remember we shed the wages of Welbeck, Cech, Kos, Ramsey, Ospinna already. My analysis of wages shows we have a saving of at least £300k per week. When you analysed purchases and sales, the net spend is almost even.

These types of decisions are not football decisions. They are financial and a problem for any Manager.

All clubs keep their trusted veterans. Maybe one or two. The key is balance to the squad. Our squad had been turned around, this league is not a league for an unbalanced unit.

Sports science has improved the smaller teams, and on any given day, with their hardened pros, they take out any team, let alone kids.

Have a look at ManU right now. I saw Rashford falling to pieces under the crushing weight of expectation. He was awful and he was bad the previous game.

Ceballos is a veteran compared to Rashford, but you saw what happened to him at Anfield.

We are putting too much weight on kids. I just hope ours can do better than ManU are doing at present.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:

Tierney for Monreal?
Ceballos for Ramsey?
Luiz for Koscielny?
Pepe for Iwobi?
Nelson for Welbeck?

My brother, this is about options and numbers.

Remember how we struggled towards the end of last season when fatigue and injuries crept in. It cost us CL football. We had everything to gain and nothing to lose if we kept Iwobi and Monreal. Moreover, we do not need to sell.

It is also about having 2 or 3 players in positions to do a job so the opposition do not focus on the one player making it easy to defend against us. With Monreal, Holding and Xhaka, we could build from defence and destroy teams because all of those players can pass a ball. With Holding and Monreal, Xhaka got the space to play. Now Montreal, who is the best ball playing FB in the league is gone, just watch how they will press Kolasinac when we try to play out of defence.

We had an imbalance last season in our squad, with Iwobi being the only one on the left side to progress the ball from midfield to attack with the vision also to pick out a pass.

Now we have an imbalance on the right with Pepe being the only creative outlet and to progress the ball. What if we pose Pepe. Also, why not have Iwobi to come in so we have both?

We lost midfield to forward progression, then compound it with losing Montreal's defence to midfield progression.

If we ever want to be a top team again, you keep at least two of Kos, Monreal and Iwobi.

Remember we shed the wages of Welbeck, Cech, Kos, Ramsey, Ospinna already. My analysis of wages shows we have a saving of at least £300k per week. When you analysed purchases and sales, the net spend is almost even.

These types of decisions are not football decisions. They are financial and a problem for any Manager.

All clubs keep their trusted veterans. Maybe one or two. The key is balance to the squad. Our squad had been turned around, this league is not a league for an unbalanced unit.

Sports science has improved the smaller teams, and on any given day, with their hardened pros, they take out any team, let alone kids.

Have a look at ManU right now. I saw Rashford falling to pieces under the crushing weight of expectation. He was awful and he was bad the previous game.

Ceballos is a veteran compared to Rashford, but you saw what happened to him at Anfield.

We are putting too much weight on kids. I just hope ours can do better than ManU are doing at present.
Oga waffi. I am with you. I have just longed passed the anger stage. now I am just in a learned helplessness mode. I don't even have enough energy to muster to get upset about the way they do things at Arsenal. There's a reason im down to "God dey"
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

[/video]
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Meanwhile Iwobi just scored a header versus Wolves.
Two goals in two games. Our boy will be all right.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Iwobi!!!

O ji ogwu

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Eriksen and Vertongen back in the 1st 11. Poch not flocking around with the NLD
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Can't trust Kolasinac or AMN. Nevertheless I expect a win.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Let's gooooooo!!!
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

What a gift by our defense...that sucks
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Luiz is really gonna I maintain his calamity self huh...
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."