The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by bepanda »

You beat the teams in front of you.
2:0 Arsenal. Nketia, Saka. Our kids are doing marvellous things. Please keep them playing.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Beating up on poor teams :boo:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Good job lads.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Why are the levels dropping so badly? The Cherries R back in this game. We will concede if care ain’t taken. Arteta needs some changes.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Phew that was almost a goal for B*mouth!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Pepe off for Ceballos???
Ok?

That was a clear shirt grab on Willock in the box and The VAR does nothing.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

How did Bournemouth become such a shyte club?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

oloye wrote:How did Bournemouth become such a shyte club?
Injuries hasn't helped.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Guendo is MAD!
Commentators begging 4 VAR 2 send off Guendo.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Sleaky72 wrote:Guendo is MAD!
Bobo is a fighter, I like him!
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

oloye wrote:How did Bournemouth become such a shyte club?
Ever since a certain dando driver started twerking to their coach :sneaky:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Happy with the win but why is it so hard to play 90 minutes? We conceded again late and it’s annoying ... thank the heavens we netted a 2nd goal or we could’ve been facing a replay. We R now the masters of conceding late goals!
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

jdizzy wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Guendo is MAD!
Bobo is a fighter, I like him!
Got 2 fight smart though.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Did you notice how both Arsenal goals were constructed? ... OVER THE WINGS. Yes, just like Under Emery, when he went on 22 games run about a year ago. Martinelli has replaced Iwobi and Saka has replaced Kola.
Bellerin scored last game at Chelsea, Saka scored today. The Wingbacks are contributing Goals and Assists ... This might sound obvious ... but Arsenal strength is over the wings, as I have tried to hammer here now for a while.
Xhaka sat deep to allow Saka /Martinez to run up and down the left wing and find openings. Both are fast, agile, technically strong and can take on defenders. Granit Xhaka acted really like a 3rd center back, when Saka bombed forward.
The formula for success for this squad has been clear all along. Emery knew it. Arteta is finding that out now.
Arsenal runs into trouble when they try to build through the middle with Ozil, instead of utilizing the technical ability of their wingbacks.
Arsenal also runs into trouble, when they try to play Aubameyang in the wing. Auba is NOT a winger. Yes, he is fast ... but Auba is not a winger. When Auba plays, Laca needs to sit. Playing both at the same time is just dumb.
Bepanda
Sleaky72 wrote:Happy with the win but why is it so hard to play 90 minutes? We conceded again late and it’s annoying ... thank the heavens we netted a 2nd goal or we could’ve been facing a replay. We R now the masters of conceding late goals!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bepanda wrote:Did you notice how both Arsenal goals were constructed? ... OVER THE WINGS. Yes, just like Under Emery, when he went on 22 games run about a year ago. Martinelli has replaced Iwobi and Saka has replaced Kola.
Bellerin scored last game at Chelsea, Saka scored today. The Wingbacks are contributing Goals and Assists ... This might sound obvious ... but Arsenal strength is over the wings, as I have tried to hammer here now for a while.
Xhaka sat deep to allow Saka /Martinez to run up and down the left wing and find openings. Both are fast, agile, technically strong and can take on defenders. Granit Xhaka acted really like a 3rd center back, when Saka bombed forward.
The formula for success for this squad has been clear all along. Emery knew it. Arteta is finding that out now.
Arsenal runs into trouble when they try to build through the middle with Ozil, instead of utilizing the technical ability of their wingbacks.
Arsenal also runs into trouble, when they try to play Aubameyang in the wing. Auba is NOT a winger. Yes, he is fast ... but Auba is not a winger. When Auba plays, Laca needs to sit. Playing both at the same time is just dumb.
Bepanda
Sleaky72 wrote:Happy with the win but why is it so hard to play 90 minutes? We conceded again late and it’s annoying ... thank the heavens we netted a 2nd goal or we could’ve been facing a replay. We R now the masters of conceding late goals!
I’m embarrassed @ my lack of courage :sneaky: ! I was thinkin’ the same thing but avoided saying it becuz of the mob figures here who look 4 every reason 2 fight :sneaky: Im happy u spotted the same and pointed it out! Bravo!
Saka, who many said, shouldn’t be playing as a fullback has become a revelation. What a kid! A goal and an assist! Imagine if that was someone who’s name I won’t mention :sneaky: :sneaky:
The board would’ve crashed by now and they would cling 2 that game 4 the next decade as an example of his excellence :sneaky:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Bepanda, a few things I also noticed from the game:
- General Guendo was back 2 form. He dominated the middle with his touch, limitless energy 4 days and his timing on breaking up passes. B*mouth had no answer 4 him.
- Smokin Joe Willock was a Beast as well. He also ruled over the space behind the front 3 until moved out wide. He is such a powerful runner with the ball. Just needs the confidence 2 create shots 4 himself and not be afraid 2 take them. If he can, then we have a winner on our hands.
- Ceballos looked refreshed. There was that air of expectancy any time he was on the ball and he delivered. His touch on the ball and the confidence and precision with which he delivered the ball was unmatched. Pls Mikel let him PLAY!
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Sleaky72 wrote:Bepanda, a few things I also noticed from the game:
- General Guendo was back 2 form. He dominated the middle with his touch, limitless energy 4 days and his timing on breaking up passes. B*mouth had no answer 4 him.
- Smokin Joe Willock was a Beast as well. He also ruled over the space behind the front 3 until moved out wide. He is such a powerful runner with the ball. Just needs the confidence 2 create shots 4 himself and not be afraid 2 take them. If he can, then we have a winner on our hands.
- Ceballos looked refreshed. There was that air of expectancy any time he was on the ball and he delivered. His touch on the ball and the confidence and precision with which he delivered the ball was unmatched. Pls Mikel let him PLAY!
Aniks how body? You have inadvertently resumed your bro love with Bapenda (your fellow Ozil hater). At this point you are not even trying anymore. Just drop the charade already :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

slyk wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Bepanda, a few things I also noticed from the game:
Aniks how body? You have inadvertently resumed your bro love with Bapenda (your fellow Ozil hater). At this point you are not even trying anymore. Just drop the charade already :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

#CREEPYOLDMAN
#MALEOBSESSED
#PURPOSELESSLIFE
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

I’m embarrassed @ my lack of courage :sneaky: ! I was thinkin’ the same thing but avoided saying it becuz of the mob figures here who look 4 every reason 2 fight :sneaky: Im happy u spotted the same and pointed it out! Bravo!
Saka, who many said, shouldn’t be playing as a fullback has become a revelation. What a kid! A goal and an assist! Imagine if that was someone who’s name I won’t mention :sneaky: :sneaky:
The board would’ve crashed by now and they would cling 2 that game 4 the next decade as an example of his excellence :sneaky:
Playing Saka in the LFB position it's taking a toil on the team's overall play and is a waste of his talent. More so in a team where we do not have a natural left central defender and devoid of any left sided defender at the moment. Why do you think Arsenal is after Mari and that guy from Ukraine? it's because they are both natural left sided central defenders?
To make up for lack of a natural left sided central defender Xhaka has been more less stationed on the left side of the defence to cover for Saka whenever he goes forward. And with Xhaka more or less stationed there, implies one man less in our midfield, any wonder Sheffield United seemed to easily over run our midfield. To counter this is why MA has been using Niles as in inverted RFB, that way he can come into the midfield and provide an extra body there.
But the problem is for how long is he gonna continue doing this. This is a loop hole tactically astute coaches will explore and the result wont be funny. I pray we sign either of these two left sided CDs we are after this transfer season.

Last word on Saka, don't get me wrong he has done a great job as a LFB, but his ultimate position is as a left winger. In that position he brings back memory of Adokie Amaesimaka of yore. And of the modern day footballers, i liken him to Leroy Sane of Man City. That's how good Saka can be in his natural position as a left winger.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:
Playing Saka in the LFB position it's taking a toil on the team's overall play and is a waste of his talent. More so in a team where we do not have a natural left central defender and devoid of any left sided defender at the moment. Why do you think Arsenal is after Mari and that guy from Ukraine? it's because they are both natural left sided central defenders?
To make up for lack of a natural left sided central defender Xhaka has been more less stationed on the left side of the defence to cover for Saka whenever he goes forward. And with Xhaka more or less stationed there, implies one man less in our midfield, any wonder Sheffield United seemed to easily over run our midfield. To counter this is why MA has been using Niles as in inverted RFB, that way he can come into the midfield and provide an extra body there.
But the problem is for how long is he gonna continue doing this. This is a loop hole tactically astute coaches will explore and the result wont be funny. I pray we sign either of these two left sided CDs we are after this transfer season.

Last word on Saka, don't get me wrong he has done a great job as a LFB, but his ultimate position is as a left winger. In that position he brings back memory of Adokie Amaesimaka of yore. And of the modern day footballers, i liken him to Leroy Sane of Man City. That's how good Saka can be in his natural position as a left winger.
Ah AZ, my top guy. This is why I like discussing F*ball with ya. We can rap, disagree and I can still learn from ur POV. I will check back later and read in depth into your post and have a response.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote:

You are aware that MA has been improvising right? When Kola isn't available because of injury who do you expect MA to field?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote:

You are aware that MA has been improvising right? When Kola isn't available because of injury who do you expect MA to field?
Yes I am very aware of that. My point wasn't a castigation of his efforts but rather a pointer to how playing Saka in the LFB is affecting our over all team play.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I'm curious ...
So, where does Martinelli go, when Saka runs forward? Did you notice that if the opposition refuses to follow Saka, then he is wide open on the wing or in the box to cross or score?
Maybe that "extra player" of the midfield opposition should try and mark either Martinelli or Saka. What's funny is that, when Saka bombs forward, Ozil is unable to pick him with a pass ... although is he supposed to be a great creator/passer. Martinelli and WIllock at the ones who find Saka on the wing for shots or cut back/crosses in the box.
With Granit staying behind, Arteta is actually playing 3 at the back and 5 in midfield.
As I have said many times ... this is Arsenal's best formation: 3 at the back and 2 very offensive wing backs (Bellerin, Saka).
The reason why we all blamed Granit Xhaka under Emery was because:
-He used to be indisciplined when running in midfield. Instead of staying on one side (like he is doing now), he would find himself in the center circle and nobody to cover the left side, when we lost the ball.
-He used to try and play the 40 yards passes, although it is easier to combine with the left sided midfielders and left back quickly and free them going forward.
-He used to refuse to defend properly.
-He used to lose the ball too often (which he actually did against Bournemouth)

Will Saka ever develop as a Sane? I don't know. Honestly, I have some doubts. Emery gave him ample time as left wing earlier in the season ... and his production was weak. Yes, he is still young ... but there are some tell signs. Playing him at left back keeps him in the team and on the field... which is good for his confidence, conditioning, ... etc.
Bepanda
azuka wrote: Playing Saka in the LFB position it's taking a toil on the team's overall play and is a waste of his talent. More so in a team where we do not have a natural left central defender and devoid of any left sided defender at the moment. Why do you think Arsenal is after Mari and that guy from Ukraine? it's because they are both natural left sided central defenders?

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

I'm curious ...
So, where does Martinelli go, when Saka runs forward? Did you notice that if the opposition refuses to follow Saka, then he is wide open on the wing or in the box to cross or score?
From my observation, most times when Saka runs forward either Martinelli or Auba depending on who plays the left wing is always in or around the opponents 18 yard anticipating a cross from Saka.
Maybe that "extra player" of the midfield opposition should try and mark either Martinelli or Saka. What's funny is that, when Saka bombs forward, Ozil is unable to pick him with a pass ... although is he supposed to be a great creator/passer. Martinelli and WIllock at the ones who find Saka on the wing for shots or cut back/crosses in the box.
Let's go easy on this Willock and Martinelli finding Saka. I say this because how many matches have we seen these 3 play together under MA. What I have noticed is most times when we initiate attack from the back and Saka surges forward, he is always found by either Luiz or Xhaka as either of these two use him as an outlet for a pass.
As per the extra player in the midfield when we are out of control and Niles is playing, watch how Xhaka goes to cover for Saka. And while Torriera goes in to breakup the attack Niles turks in as an inverted RFB.
Ozil case is an interesting one. Just like Laca. Their roles in this MA team has been dramatically altered somehow. Have you noticed how the two of them drop deeper and act as the link between the defence, midfield and our attack? Talking about Ozil, is not for want of not trying that he hasn't found Saka. I hope you remembered that against Man U, how he found Niles right from our own half of the field. One of our goals that day resulted from this because it was Niles ineffective cross that led to the corner from which the goal resulted. There have been many instances of how the movement of both have helped our attack in other matches too.
But then you too much into hating Ozil to notice how he has been the oil oiling our offensive play.
With Granit staying behind, Arteta is actually playing 3 at the back and 5 in midfield.
As I have said many times ... this is Arsenal's best formation: 3 at the back and 2 very offensive wing backs (Bellerin, Saka).
The reason why we all blamed Granit Xhaka under Emery was because:
-He used to be indisciplined when running in midfield. Instead of staying on one side (like he is doing now), he would find himself in the center circle and nobody to cover the left side, when we lost the ball.
-He used to try and play the 40 yards passes, although it is easier to combine with the left sided midfielders and left back quickly and free them going forward.
-He used to refuse to defend properly.
-He used to lose the ball too often (which he actually did against Bournemouth)
MA has most times played the 4-2-3-1 formation. I can't remember any match where he played 3 in the back. The interesting thing in his formation from various matches is how he altered each players play in the formation depending on what defensive players are available. The way Luiz, Xhaka play is different when either Xaka or Kola is playing in the LFB position. MA has been trying to cater for the in balance in this team especially the lack of a natural left footed central defender and the injuries to our natural LFBs. Hopefully the egg heads can sign one of those two CDs we are after before the transfer window closes. That singular act will greatly improve our over all play.
In the few matches under MA, one can see that he has the makings of a great coach. Whether he will be as great as Pep or Klopp only time will tell. But so far so good with him, the points will come and we will make the top 4 in my opinion.
All in all, his alterations have brought out the best in the players. Yes the same players who can't seem to put any foot right under Emery. No point rehashing my opinion on Emery.
Will Saka ever develop as a Sane? I don't know. Honestly, I have some doubts. Emery gave him ample time as left wing earlier in the season ... and his production was weak. Yes, he is still young ... but there are some tell signs. Playing him at left back keeps him in the team and on the field... which is good for his confidence, conditioning, ... etc.
Bepanda
On the bold, time will tell. But watch him closely and you will see in a few years he will be as big a star as him.