The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by mcal »

...arsenal lost Nigeria must be in turmoil. Imagine all the governors, all the oversea flying FA chief dem, life not gonna be the same for our land :woot: :woot:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Sad day for my club.

The approach to the game wasn't quite right. The drive, passion, intensity that I've seen under Arteta just wasn't there today. The passing was so slow and laborious, and it just never clicked in the final third.

Appointing Mikel Arteta remains the high point of my season so far. I agree with Skylolo, we look and move forward from hereon.

Very frustrating game from the likes of Pepe whom I wish I can have a word with. He frustrates the heck out of me with his high school football, and Martinelli should have replaced him much earlier.

Good riddance to Unai Emery, though I wish him the best for his future.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I hate to blame people but its like we are curse.
How can anyone say this team is doing better beats me,i mean we all Love Arteta and hope he succeed but the guy has not improved the team result wise.Look at the set pieces that we keep allowing in every other game?
As poor as Emery is was his team that bad in Europa?Consider he knock out better teams in Europa and get to the finals?
Look at Wolves balling like no tomorrow,i mean w e are playing our strongest first team in Europa and cant get past this Greek team?
Truth be told we dont even deserved to be in Europe.Lets see where Arteta take us end of season.We still get City and Spurs away,then Liverpool home.We are 9th in the table,we have just 3 EPL since new year and draws all over the place.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Skylolo wrote:Only caught the last 10 mins of the game......it is a shame as this was a route back into the CL. I am not sure how it got to this stage today but I'm happy to see the back of the Europa league, this competition has never been kind to us. :curse: :curse:

Arteta is doing very well, let us focus on the league now.....we have his back 100%. We are in a much better place today than when he joined the club 2 months ago, performances are better, we are climbing the table and the club feels together once again.

Next....
Well said. Nothing i have seen so far that make me doubt Arteta. He simply had a bad day in the office today as he was out-foxed tactically by the opposing coach. Or is it that the players going by their lackadaisical attitude in the first half underated the Greeks?

What ever be the case, this is a wake up call. And a good one at that. Coming at the right time. This team need to be jolted out of their comfy seat. Good here is that it came this early. With this they will know they haven't arrived where they ought to be
and should be. And hopefully they will use this as the hunger they need to push for the top 4 which i believe this can achieve.

This team under Arteta can only go one way. UPWARDS.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Same ole Arsenal. Been there, done that. You play well, you get benched. You stink, you start the next game.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

We definitely need a Hleb/Nasri clone.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bepanda wrote:Same ole Arsenal. Been there, done that. You play well, you get benched. You stink, you start the next game.
It’s funny when one points out Arteta’s “friends system” you get labeled as being -Ve and baited with names, even though ur simply pointing obvious truths. The man got exposed today and Lady Luck wasn’t there 2 bail ‘em out like she did against Burnley and Everton.
Twill be interesting 2 see where the season goes from here.
What lessons will this “Rook” coach hv learnt?
Will he still persist with his “friendship tour” or actually man up and make people earn their spots on this team by merit and by production?
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Sleaky72 wrote:
bepanda wrote:Same ole Arsenal. Been there, done that. You play well, you get benched. You stink, you start the next game.
It’s funny when one points out Arteta’s “friends system” you get labeled as being -Ve and baited with names, even though ur simply pointing obvious truths. The man got exposed today and Lady Luck wasn’t there 2 bail ‘em out like she did against Burnley and Everton.
Twill be interesting 2 see where the season goes from here.
What lessons will this “Rook” coach hv learnt?
Will he still persist with his “friendship tour” or actually man up and make people earn their spots on this team by merit and by production?
Aniks how body? I bet you are beside yourself with glee. You would rather see the Arsenal lose so that you can claim you were right all along about one thing or the other. Mr. I-am-the-only-one-that-knows-everything-about-everything.You are such a vulture. Keep masquerading as Sleaky72 but you are not fooling anyone. Tufiaakwa!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote:haters gonna come out and hate some more now lol...

Have a field day hating o ...Its Pepe, HB , Ceballos , Leno and Luiz I blame.... I feel so bad for Mustaffi played the game of his life only for these yam heads to undo all the good work.
... against Olympiakos! you see his life? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:I hate to blame people but its like we are curse.
How can anyone say this team is doing better beats me,i mean we all Love Arteta and hope he succeed but the guy has not improved the team result wise.Look at the set pieces that we keep allowing in every other game?
As poor as Emery is was his team that bad in Europa?Consider he knock out better teams in Europa and get to the finals?
Look at Wolves balling like no tomorrow,i mean w e are playing our strongest first team in Europa and cant get past this Greek team?
Truth be told we dont even deserved to be in Europe.Lets see where Arteta take us end of season.We still get City and Spurs away,then Liverpool home.We are 9th in the table,we have just 3 EPL since new year and draws all over the place.
:D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chei...spent 72 million on a player so you can get knocked out in round 32 of ordinary Europa...do assnal know the budget of olympiakos? kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i am waiting for waffi to come and balance them books.. 5th year running no champs league... now be like say even common europa dem no fit enter :lol: :lol: :lol: what a pathetic football spamming club...come july august, them go open another spamming season thread..kai ordinary olympikos ...chei
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Istanbul Basaksehir FC Copenhagen
Olympiacos Wolves
Rangers Bayer Leverkusen
Wolfsburg Shakhtar Donetsk
Inter Getafe
Sevilla Roma
Eintracht Frankfurt or Red Bull Salzburg FC Basel
LASK Manchester United
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/europa-lea ... 52028.html
assanal dey fear wolves so dem jaarboor :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they stopped posting, they won't post again until the Everton game.... fear and reality creeping in
SuperEagles

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -exit.html
Arsenal is in some hot water.
This is not looking good at all.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Sleaky72 wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -exit.html

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Only caught the last 10 mins of the game......it is a shame as this was a route back into the CL. I am not sure how it got to this stage today but I'm happy to see the back of the Europa league, this competition has never been kind to us. :curse: :curse:

Arteta is doing very well, let us focus on the league now.....we have his back 100%. We are in a much better place today than when he joined the club 2 months ago, performances are better, we are climbing the table and the club feels together once again.

Next....
Well said. Nothing i have seen so far that make me doubt Arteta. He simply had a bad day in the office today as he was out-foxed tactically by the opposing coach. Or is it that the players going by their lackadaisical attitude in the first half underated the Greeks?

What ever be the case, this is a wake up call. And a good one at that. Coming at the right time. This team need to be jolted out of their comfy seat. Good here is that it came this early. With this they will know they haven't arrived where they ought to be
and should be. And hopefully they will use this as the hunger they need to push for the top 4 which i believe this can achieve.

Okay. It's about the results though.

We know Emery and the team were successful up the final of that Europa competition.

We move on but some of these players cannot take us to the promised land.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote:

Next....

Okay. It's about the results though.

We know Emery and the team were successful up the final of that Europa competition.

We move on but some of these players cannot take us to the promised land.
Who told you it's not about the result? A coach is only as good as his last result. In that regards Arteta and the team failed us the fans. And they can only have themselves to be blamed.

But let's look at the big picture. Do we now throw away the baby with the bath water? That's the big question here? And while we still at it, remember we have a rookie coach here with his baby steps. So we expect some missteps. This last match definitely being one of them. What happens from now on should define him.

And let the truth be told. This is the first match he has been out coached and out manuvoured. I don't know about you but I have seen enough in this team, with these set of players under Arteta to give me hope for the future. The signs are all there for all to see.

And as such as I support him. And I still firmly believe the top 4 is achievable. Arteta and his team require a big kick in the butt and they got it. Hopefully they learn from it.
Last edited by azuka on Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote:

Have a field day hating o ...Its Pepe, HB , Ceballos , Leno and Luiz I blame.... I feel so bad for Mustaffi played the game of his life only for these yam heads to undo all the good work.
... against Olympiakos! you see his life? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Did the said Olympiakos not beat us after he was subbed out due to injury .. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Pepe. Hilarious.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Did the said Olympiakos not beat us after he was subbed out due to injury .. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yes, and thats my point! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Olympiakos is worthless and a back water team. HOWEVER, Olypiakos is better than Arsenal. What does that mane Arsenal? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -exit.html

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: