The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Only caught the last 10 mins of the game......it is a shame as this was a route back into the CL. I am not sure how it got to this stage today but I'm happy to see the back of the Europa league, this competition has never been kind to us. :curse: :curse:

Arteta is doing very well, let us focus on the league now.....we have his back 100%. We are in a much better place today than when he joined the club 2 months ago, performances are better, we are climbing the table and the club feels together once again.

Next....
Well said. Nothing i have seen so far that make me doubt Arteta. He simply had a bad day in the office today as he was out-foxed tactically by the opposing coach. Or is it that the players going by their lackadaisical attitude in the first half underated the Greeks?

What ever be the case, this is a wake up call. And a good one at that. Coming at the right time. This team need to be jolted out of their comfy seat. Good here is that it came this early. With this they will know they haven't arrived where they ought to be
and should be. And hopefully they will use this as the hunger they need to push for the top 4 which i believe this can achieve.

This team under Arteta can only go one way. UPWARDS.
Okay. It's about the results though.

We know Emery and the team were successful up the final of that Europa competition.

We move on but some of these players cannot take us to the promised land.
Who told you it's not about the result? A coach is only as good as his last result. In that regards Arteta and the team failed us the fans. And they can only have themselves to be blamed.

But let's look at the big picture. Do we now throw away the baby with the bath water? That's the big question here? And while we still at it, remember we have a rookie coach here with his baby steps. So we expect some missteps. This last match definitely being one of them. What happens from now on should define him.

And let the truth be told. This is the first match he has been out coached and out manuvoured. I don't know about you but I have seen enough in this team, with these set of players under Arteta to give me hope for the future. The signs are all there for all to see.

And as such as I support him. And I still firmly believe the top 4 is achievable. Arteta and his team require a big kick in the butt and they got it. Hopefully they learn from it.
Of course I am committed to Arteta. However, I cant really say that this is the best Arsenal can be as I am still convinced we have to offload deadwood when the season wraps up.

Talking about not throwing the baby with the bath water, I thought that was clear with my defence of Emery's successful spell at Arsenal. We did get to the Europa League final.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Oh well ... maybe they should have listened to Bepanda !!!
Sleaky72 wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -exit.html
Arsenal is in some hot water.
This is not looking good at all.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Chelsea is losing at Bornemouth. There might be hope after all.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bepanda wrote:Chelsea is losing at Bornemouth. There might be hope after all.
Not any more. Edie Howe is twerking the Cherries into the Championship :sneaky: :sneaky:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...how come that brilliant naija wannabe kid defender, abi na Zaka, not rescue his team.
Only when they win, dem go say go snatch am for SE.
Short sighted fans :dream:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Phewwww @ Least we remain INVINCIBLE :thumbs: :thumbs: :sneaky:
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Only caught the last 10 mins of the game......it is a shame as this was a route back into the CL. I am not sure how it got to this stage today but I'm happy to see the back of the Europa league, this competition has never been kind to us. :curse: :curse:

Arteta is doing very well, let us focus on the league now.....we have his back 100%. We are in a much better place today than when he joined the club 2 months ago, performances are better, we are climbing the table and the club feels together once again.

Next....
Well said. Nothing i have seen so far that make me doubt Arteta. He simply had a bad day in the office today as he was out-foxed tactically by the opposing coach. Or is it that the players going by their lackadaisical attitude in the first half underated the Greeks?

What ever be the case, this is a wake up call. And a good one at that. Coming at the right time. This team need to be jolted out of their comfy seat. Good here is that it came this early. With this they will know they haven't arrived where they ought to be
and should be. And hopefully they will use this as the hunger they need to push for the top 4 which i believe this can achieve.

We know Emery and the team were successful up the final of that Europa competition.

Who told you it's not about the result? A coach is only as good as his last result. In that regards Arteta and the team failed us the fans. And they can only have themselves to be blamed.

But let's look at the big picture. Do we now throw away the baby with the bath water? That's the big question here? And while we still at it, remember we have a rookie coach here with his baby steps. So we expect some missteps. This last match definitely being one of them. What happens from now on should define him.

And let the truth be told. This is the first match he has been out coached and out manuvoured. I don't know about you but I have seen enough in this team, with these set of players under Arteta to give me hope for the future. The signs are all there for all to see.

And as such as I support him. And I still firmly believe the top 4 is achievable. Arteta and his team require a big kick in the butt and they got it. Hopefully they learn from it.
Of course I am committed to Arteta. However, I cant really say that this is the best Arsenal can be as I am still convinced we have to offload deadwood when the season wraps up.

Talking about not throwing the baby with the bath water, I thought that was clear with my defence of Emery's successful spell at Arsenal. We did get to the Europa League final.

Bro I see you trying so hard to drag me into this Emery discussion. Now it's "Emery's successful spell at Arsenal" . Really. Emery, Arsenal and success in this same sentence. I can only conclude that your definition of success and my definition of success is at variance. I guess to you turning Leno to practice target is success in your own terms.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Gary Neville has taken trolling 2 a whole new level:
“Today was Arsenal’s best result of the season”

While a popping a bottle of Bubbly :sneaky:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sleaky72 wrote:Phewwww @ Least we remain INVINCIBLE :thumbs: :thumbs: :sneaky:
YESSSS!!! YESSSSS!!! WE WIN THE "INVINCIBLE" TROPHYYY!!!! YESSSSS!!!! YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!! VAMMMOSSSSSSSS!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

balo wrote:
The exact reason why if given the chance, I'd like to issue Pepe 40 strokes of cane. Complete rubbish. Dude needs to grow up, and fast.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cally wrote:
balo wrote:
The exact reason why if given the chance, I'd like to issue Pepe 40 strokes of cane. Complete rubbish. Dude needs to grow up, and fast.
Arteta need to explain stuff to him listen or be bench period.I just hope Arteta make it clear to him that its unacceptable.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Abeg enough respect Klopp.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:Abeg enough respect Klopp.

Klopps is a great coach but so many clueless teams have found ways 2 make this Liverpool team keep their streak going. Heck I think last years squad played much better football. Today it showed what an athletic team with a plan can do. Watford blanketed the field with their pace and pressure and the lack of creativity in the middle from Liverpool was really exposed and exploited today.
Doesn’t change much from the narrative though. Klopp and the Anfield regime have done an amazing job regardless of luck or the foolishness of their opponents. Many things just conspired to do ‘em in today. It’s why we luv this great game.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote:

Next....

Bro I see you trying so hard to drag me into this Emery discussion. Now it's "Emery's successful spell at Arsenal" . Really. Emery, Arsenal and success in this same sentence. I can only conclude that your definition of success and my definition of success is at variance. I guess to you turning Leno to practice target is success in your own terms.
Who is throwing the baby with the bath water now?

For all Emery's faults we still had a chance to win the Europa League this year after a strong showing last season. Emery's team as bad as it was battled on till the last moment. That's my point. Emery wasn't all bad and no good. Remember the baby buddy :D

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Arsenal, starting with Mikel whom i am unapologetically a fan of(& remain so). Freezing out Maitland-Niles is unproductive(we cannot afford to).
Staring with AW thru Unai, our gaffers have found ways to to gamble away the solidity of the DM base as it pertains to protecting the backline - they tend to do so cos our offence output ain't lethal.
Arteta is now underusing LT & when used he's venturing further forward than he did when he helped restore our defensive shield. Xhaka's now venturing further forward too - we don't score enough goals for these adventures. We lack pacy midfield ball winners to dabble like that.
Auba must be returned to the central spot - we're killing his legs out wide - let him wear our defences as a lead striker. Martinelli must be in the mix now.
Too often when an Arsenal midfielder has the ball to feet - there's hardly any quick movements in the offensive 3rd for a pass. Pepe comes to the man with ball - his off the ball movement is poor. Laca - least said the better.
Ozil in space will not risk running at the defensive line. Willock for a kid who grew up in our system has power & effort but lacks guile & technical qualities.
Our passers end up telegraphing their intentions - it's hopeless to have dominant ball possessions w/o scoring enough goals. our problem's in the offensive 3rd - just shield the backline - stay solid & pragmatic!!
Hope Nelson comes back soon - we need guys running at defences & putting in quick crosses
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:Arsenal, starting with Mikel whom i am unapologetically a fan of(& remain so). Freezing out Maitland-Niles is unproductive(we cannot afford to).
Staring with AW thru Unai, our gaffers have found ways to to gamble away the solidity of the DM base as it pertains to protecting the backline - they tend to do so cos our offence output ain't lethal.
Arteta is now underusing LT & when used he's venturing further forward than he did when he helped restore our defensive shield. Xhaka's now venturing further forward too - we don't score enough goals for these adventures. We lack pacy midfield ball winners to dabble like that.
Auba must be returned to the central spot - we're killing his legs out wide - let him wear our defences as a lead striker. Martinelli must be in the mix now.
Too often when an Arsenal midfielder has the ball to feet - there's hardly any quick movements in the offensive 3rd for a pass. Pepe comes to the man with ball - his off the ball movement is poor. Laca - least said the better.
Ozil in space will not risk running at the defensive line. Willock for a kid who grew up in our system has power & effort but lacks guile & technical qualities.
Our passers end up telegraphing their intentions - it's hopeless to have dominant ball possessions w/o scoring enough goals. our problem's in the offensive 3rd - just shield the backline - stay solid & pragmatic!!
Hope Nelson comes back soon - we need guys running at defences & putting in quick crosses
Results wise we are lacking under Arteta but again we have to give him a pass compare to the other two previous gaffer because he is inexperience NEVER coach a team before.I hope he used this team to really get his idea and right system for next year get the players that can make the team better.Next season he should be doing better with this team in terms of results.Under Emery at one point we were second in the table.Leicester,Wolves,S.united are doing good with less budget.Wolves playing so many games from Europa qualifing last at the EPL at one point,now in last 16 of Europa and fighting for top 5 position
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sleaky72 wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -exit.html
Arsenal is in some hot water.
This is not looking good at all.
That is what you get paying wages for CL football to players playing Europa .
Summer is coming dont expect signing but sell of players to balance the book
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Seeing players on the bench for EL classico ,we jsut need even 4 of those bench players from both team and make our team strong again
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Robbynice wrote:Welcome to The Arsenal FC new season thread for 2019-2020.

2018-2019 wasn't a memorable season for so many reasons but we look forward and move forward from hereon.

All the best this year to Unai and the team!

Best wishes to all of our potential new signings!

Long live The Arsenal FC - The deeper the foundation, the stronger the fortress.
Please no open our season thread again,its not looking good for us.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

kajifu wrote:

2018-2019 wasn't a memorable season for so many reasons but we look forward and move forward from hereon.

Long live The Arsenal FC - The deeper the foundation, the stronger the fortress.
Huh? :???:
What does opening a thread have 2 do with a clueless coach more interested in pacifying friends than playing winning footie? Sorry I’m not having an attitude wit ya. Just asking.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:Abeg enough respect Klopp.
Klopps is a great coach but so many clueless teams have found ways 2 make this Liverpool team keep their streak going. Heck I think last years squad played much better football. Today it showed what an athletic team with a plan can do. Watford blanketed the field with their pace and pressure and the lack of creativity in the middle from Liverpool was really exposed and exploited today.
Doesn’t change much from the narrative though. Klopp and the Anfield regime have done an amazing job regardless of luck or the foolishness of their opponents. Many things just conspired to do ‘em in today. It’s why we luv this great game.
I can't but agree with the bold part.
His actions after the game how he congratulated the opposing coach and each of the players show what a great man and great coach he is. Unlike some who would stumble off mouthing nonentities.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You nor well. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: