The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Coach »

Sokratis and Chambers, add to that Maitland-Niles, not at all. Luiz is needed in the backline, he's the elder statesmen.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Nkume wrote:RVP is full of Sh!te

Ozil WILL have a great season, as long as Nnia Emeribe plays him. Imaging Prof with a team with Laca, Auba, Pepe, and Ozil.

[/video]
I admire your enthusiasm however I don't see Ozil playing a major role of Ceballos continues to play the way he did against Burnley. He barely got that much of a look in last season even without Ceballos on the team, how much more now.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

kalani JR wrote:Didn't Van Persie release a letter saying he had decided not to renew his deal?
He did. It is all over social media. But some people with no brain cells will believe RvP. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I wish Josh Kroenke will shut up because he too is lying like RvP. Fans are not fools.

Josh, for the 1st time in 24 years, you did not sell out season tickets.

Match day tickets sales were so poor, your staff sent reports showing comparable with previous seasons in much talked about internal memos.

Of immediate and major embarrassment was the almost empty stadium for the Emirates cup. Before they got Ornstien to announce Pepe, it was all over social media the empty seats up for sale.

Merchandising sales, which was already at a record low as per the accounts was being communicated to be lower by fans groups in social media.

This is why they knew they could not get away with not spending money. They faced major fan walk out and serious loss of revenue. This is why they spent money, not all that BS he mentions.

Arsenal fans know how you get to people like the Kroenkes, you hit them where it hurts most. Their wallets. They are not out of the woods yet.

The fans boycott that proved so successful in removing the Owners at Blackpool is now being replicated at Newcastle. Every owner in the EPL is watching events at Newcastle nervously because we are now entering a new phase of fan muscle flexing and Newcastle will be a very interesting test case with good reasons.

If I am the Kroenkes I will watch Newcastle development nervously. Season Tickets and match day receipts plus spending that goes with them at football is the 2nd largest source of revenue for Arsenal. It will not take much for the fans to turn, so they must be careful.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette for Arsenal since the former’s debut in 2018:

Aubamayeng:

67 games
43 goals
11 assists

L

61 games
28 goals
12 assists

Auba’s Goal return numbers are extraordinary
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette for Arsenal since the former’s debut in 2018:

Aubamayeng:

67 games
43 goals
11 assists

L

61 games
28 goals
12 assists

The guy misses too many chances,worst its mostly the easy goals.If he up his game ,his goals scoring stats will be on pair with likes of Messi...
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

azuka wrote:
Coach wrote:@Kaji, further to the question asked, Beloved does not know how to play a back three and thus should leave such motifs to those competent in the art. The issues Emeribe has with regard to Liverpool at Anfield are, amongst other things: Mane, the gegenpress and nullifying the fullbacks. Add to that, Dani Ceballos. The latter is arguably a conundrum, as talismanic debut merits a run out at Oga Anfield, but how, all the while compensating for the myriad weaknesses in our line-up and strengths in the opposition? On the plus side, Liverpool have yet to get started and if at all, now is the best time to lock horns.

As good as the win vs Burnley was, the number of chances conceded was concerning, give those to a team of better quality and its a problem. Personally, would consider a 4-4-2, yes the midfield loses a number but Lacazette can drop deeper. The key has got to be shutting down the fullbacks and keeping someone goal side of Mane.
And the best possible solution to curb that is to move Luiz into the DM position with Chambers pairing Sokratis in CD. If I were Emery i will consider a 4-2-1-3 formation.
Bros this game is not the kind of games to start a new system away form home.Luiz has never play DM in our team and you want him play there for the first team away to Liverpool?
So Please break it down the personel partner Luiz in that MF and who play behind the front 3?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Coach wrote:@Kaji, further to the question asked, Beloved does not know how to play a back three and thus should leave such motifs to those competent in the art. The issues Emeribe has with regard to Liverpool at Anfield are, amongst other things: Mane, the gegenpress and nullifying the fullbacks. Add to that, Dani Ceballos. The latter is arguably a conundrum, as talismanic debut merits a run out at Oga Anfield, but how, all the while compensating for the myriad weaknesses in our line-up and strengths in the opposition? On the plus side, Liverpool have yet to get started and if at all, now is the best time to lock horns.

As good as the win vs Burnley was, the number of chances conceded was concerning, give those to a team of better quality and its a problem. Personally, would consider a 4-4-2, yes the midfield loses a number but Lacazette can drop deeper. The key has got to be shutting down the fullbacks and keeping someone goal side of Mane.
And the best possible solution to curb that is to move Luiz into the DM position with Chambers pairing Sokratis in CD. If I were Emery i will consider a 4-2-1-3 formation.
Liverpool's front 3 have energetic and diligent interiors who cover for them defensively in the channels. A front 3 of Auba/Laca/Pepe must have energetic and diligent interiors to do exactly what Liverpool's do.

If we do not use a 4-3-3 like Liverpool do, a 4-2-3-1 makes it a bit trickier to cover for the front 3 defensively. Guendouzi has the energy but not the diligence. I fear it will be Torreira and Xhaka/Guendouzi getting regularly dragged apart, just like last season. I still remember horrors of our interiors, (Torreira and Xhaka) getting pulled apart to defend wide areas leaving massive gaps in the centre.

Like you, I am all for Luiz. To balance the defensive shape around our front 3, I will want Luiz and Torreira as the interiors ahead of Guendouzi or Xhaka as the single pivot. If Arsenal had peak Vieira and Gilberto as interiors in a 4-2-3-1, then I go against Liverpool with that formation. But I don't think we have the quality of Interiors especially physically. If Niles had been playing midfield, I will pick him ahead of Guendouzi and Xhaka, moving Luiz to single pivot.

I just hope Emery does not risk Xhaka for this game. You can guess from the last game it might be Ceballos/Willock/Guendouzi. This trio have the energy but I do not think they will be diligent enough. Ceballos on the left of a midfield 3 sound about right, but is a midfield of Torreira/Guendouzi/Ceballos disciplined or athletically gifted enough to facilitate our front 3? On the ball, this would work but nor so off it.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

0ne can only imagine what more was gng on in the dressing rooms @ the Emirates. Those must ave been real turbulent times.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... t-ups.html
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Heliopolis wrote:Official loan fee for Coutinho was 8.5m euros plus wages. I think his wages are around 11m euros per year. I'm disappointed Arsenal didn't make a stronger push for him. We have 4 offensive positions available which Coutinho could have filled at any time. Between our current players and him we would have had quite the formidable attack that would have solidified our CL chances. Spending another 20m to get into the CL is not a bad ROI
I'm pretty disappointed as well especially as Ceballos' loan deal doesn't include an option to buy.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Heliopolis wrote:I find it hard to believe Arsenal did not offer RVP a new deal. Maybe it was a deal he did not like? If they did not offer a new contract it goes to show how foolish management was at the time. What I don't understand in any event is why they sold him to a rival. The club could have played hardball as well and told him they would only sell him abroad.
Arsenal made a lot of stupid decisions but there's just no way they didn't offer him a new deal. It's more likely it was a deal he didn't like, than no deal at all.

He's lying.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:I find it hard to believe Arsenal did not offer RVP a new deal. Maybe it was a deal he did not like? If they did not offer a new contract it goes to show how foolish management was at the time. What I don't understand in any event is why they sold him to a rival. The club could have played hardball as well and told him they would only sell him abroad.
Arsenal made a lot of stupid decisions but there's just no way they didn't offer him a new deal. It's more likely it was a deal he didn't like, than no deal at all.

He's lying.[/quote
Those guys are liars all of them,had to take them serious
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:Official loan fee for Coutinho was 8.5m euros plus wages. I think his wages are around 11m euros per year. I'm disappointed Arsenal didn't make a stronger push for him. We have 4 offensive positions available which Coutinho could have filled at any time. Between our current players and him we would have had quite the formidable attack that would have solidified our CL chances. Spending another 20m to get into the CL is not a bad ROI
I'm pretty disappointed as well especially as Ceballos' loan deal doesn't include an option to buy.
The issue is we lack good guys running the club.i mean Coutinho would have end up in spurs and we did not even look at him.some one better than Ozil or any of our Mf and knows the EPL very well.We cant blame the owner for not trying to give the coaches what they need.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

theYemster wrote:
Ceballos doesn't want to be bought.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

theYemster wrote:
Apparently Coutinho did not want to join any other English club besides liverpool.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:

Liverpool's front 3 have energetic and diligent interiors who cover for them defensively in the channels. A front 3 of Auba/Laca/Pepe must have energetic and diligent interiors to do exactly what Liverpool's do.

If we do not use a 4-3-3 like Liverpool do, a 4-2-3-1 makes it a bit trickier to cover for the front 3 defensively. Guendouzi has the energy but not the diligence. I fear it will be Torreira and Xhaka/Guendouzi getting regularly dragged apart, just like last season. I still remember horrors of our interiors, (Torreira and Xhaka) getting pulled apart to defend wide areas leaving massive gaps in the centre.

Like you, I am all for Luiz. To balance the defensive shape around our front 3, I will want Luiz and Torreira as the interiors ahead of Guendouzi or Xhaka as the single pivot. If Arsenal had peak Vieira and Gilberto as interiors in a 4-2-3-1, then I go against Liverpool with that formation. But I don't think we have the quality of Interiors especially physically. If Niles had been playing midfield, I will pick him ahead of Guendouzi and Xhaka, moving Luiz to single pivot.

I just hope Emery does not risk Xhaka for this game. You can guess from the last game it might be Ceballos/Willock/Guendouzi. This trio have the energy but I do not think they will be diligent enough. Ceballos on the left of a midfield 3 sound about right, but is a midfield of Torreira/Guendouzi/Ceballos disciplined or athletically gifted enough to facilitate our front 3? On the ball, this would work but nor so off it.
I won't play Guendo in this match but then I am not Emery. I will rather play Torreira and Ceballos alongside Luiz in the midfield. Yes Liverpool will drag our defense all over the pitch. We counter that by playing Luiz a natural CD in the DM position. Theoretically speaking then, when our defense nay the CDs gets pulled apart Luiz can easily slot into that open CD open space in the defense while Torreira and Ceballos provide shield in front.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Aubamayeng:

67 games
43 goals
11 assists

L

61 games
28 goals
12 assists

The guy misses too many chances,worst its mostly the easy goals.If he up his game ,his goals scoring stats will be on pair with likes of Messi...
I have to agree with you there.

He has the potential to be even deadlier.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

kalani JR wrote:
theYemster wrote:
All the more reason why they should've gotten Coutinho. Just divert the Iwobi money.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I heard Kolo Toure is the defense coach of Leicester City.Can we get him over as their defense looks steady,he is with Rogers learning his stuff soon people will surprise when he turn out to be a good coach.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bk-one wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Apparently Coutinho did not want to join any other English club besides liverpool.
His preference might've been Liverpool but if they didn't want him then Arsenal should've tried to convince him. Same thing Cesc said about returning to the EPL but when Arsenal didn't want him he went to Chelshit.

Usually when players say that, it just means that's their preference if it was a choice between Liverpool and any other. But if Liverpool isn't interested then it's fair game.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
theYemster wrote:
All the more reason why they should've gotten Coutinho. Just divert the Iwobi money.
We get mumu guys running our club for so long
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:

I won't play Guendo in this match but then I am not Emery. I will rather play Torreira and Ceballos alongside Luiz in the midfield. Yes Liverpool will drag our defense all over the pitch. We counter that by playing Luiz a natural CD in the DM position. Theoretically speaking then, when our defense nay the CDs gets pulled apart Luiz can easily slot into that open CD open space in the defense while Torreira and Ceballos provide shield in front.
Completely agree.

For example, Liverpool's main principle of play is creating chances from wide areas because they have the players to do so. The quality of Salah and Mane are better than almost every FB in the league.

To accomplish this they make the pitch as big and wide as possible, so they push their wide players on the opposition FBs. Their FBs are allowed to overlap their wingers/wide attackers when the visual cue arises. This obviously changes the shape of the Arsenal team.

The attacking FB gives them an extra attacker but to cover the space left by the FB, the main options are; the back line 3 will shift to cover for the overlapping FB, or the Interior covers the spot the FB left. If the latter happens, how does the back line react to the holding mid position and what are the tasks of the CM's?

Given that there could be a shape change, this is were we are desperately short as a team. Imagine Salah and Arnold in running into the space left by Monreal. Xhaka comes across to cover, are we diligent enough to make the adjustments required to defend? This will be the critical issue in this game. To counter this, I agree Luiz has to play in the DM position. He will the one that covers the holes in and around the box with Torreira working in unison with him.

Compared to last season, Liverpool know they have a lot to worry about in Pepe and Ceballos. We just wish they have played enough games together to develop better understanding of themselves and the system Emery wants.

But Pepe is a big game player with the tools the disrupt and create confusion in that Liverpool defence and we hope Laca and Auba can cash in.

We must hope Emery gets it right.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Given that there could be a shape change, this is were we are desperately short as a team. Imagine Salah and Arnold in running into the space left by Monreal. Xhaka comes across to cover, are we diligent enough to make the adjustments required to defend? This will be the critical issue in this game. To counter this, I agree Luiz has to play in the DM position. He will the one that covers the holes in and around the box with Torreira working in unison with him.
The bold is exactly why i will play Luiz as the DM and a pairing of Chambers/Sokratis in CD. In this situation my instructions will be for Sokratis in the LCD position to go in and cover for Monreal. In the same instance Luiz drops into the now empty Sokratis position in the central defence.
And if this same situation were to arise on our right full back position, Chambers goes straight to cover up for the RFB and Luiz drops into the position just left empty by Chambers.
In both instances Torreira and Ceballos both maintain positions in front of our back line, by the edge of our 18 yard circle to prevent any of Liverpool midfielders running into space. It's all about nullifying the threat poised by Mane and Sallah as well as stopping Liverpool's #9 striker benefiting from our CDs being pulled apart.

But then i am just a football aficionado and definitely not a coach.