The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Sleaky72 »

Azuka this article pinpoints sum of the stuff I was trying to highlight .
Arsenal succumbed to a 3-1 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday, downed by two Mohamed Salah goals early in the second half. It isn’t easy to make the case for Arsenal’s progress but Unai Emery is right to pick the positives, writes Adam Bate...

At least it was not 5-1 this time. In that sense, Arsenal's trip to Liverpool on Saturday evening was an improvement despite Unai Emery seeing his side go down 3-1 to the Premier League leaders. The Reds were irresistible in the end and there was a time during the second half when a thrashing looked possible. And yet, there were positives for Arsenal.

They surprised Liverpool with their shape, had the better chances in the first half and finished the game strongly too. The problem was the period in which they couldn't cope. This is a team that did not win a single game away to a top-half team last season and that wait goes on. So is this progress for Emery's Arsenal or are the answers.

Gary Neville is a long-time admirer of Emery and sees some good signs, but he could not sugar coat it. "Arsenal were courageous but they were nowhere near good enough," he told Sky Sports. "The step up in gear was too much for Arsenal. It was breath-taking. Liverpool were absolutely at a higher level than Arsenal can get to at this moment in time."
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -positives
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
azuka wrote:
I defend Emery because he must be given a chance, and because he is a winner. He won the Eurooa league and won in France. He did it at Sevilla with a tight budget. I am sticking with him because I believe in him.

However, do not underestimate the numbers that have turned against Emery and the growing numbers turning against him on social media. Today, despite our defence of Emery, you gave to admit his mistakes too and you must also acknowledge the pressure is on him. If he loses to Spuds, he will be in serious trouble.

There is a growing numbers of Arsenal fans who are expressing their frustrations at the coach for what they see as a terrible defensive side with a conservative coach. The fact is, most of the time we park the bus, we actually get embarrassed.

Already some of my Arsenal supporting friends who know their football are saying to me that, Arsenal this season are going to be the same as last season with a little bit more cutting edge if Pepe comes good.

They are already moaning that, there will be no consistent entertaining football and we will never dominate opponents with Emery as coach. I say to them, it is too early to make any conclusions.

Do not dismiss these concerns, they are not just the concerns of a few, they are the concerns of a large sections of the support in social media.
Given a chance till thy kingdom come? See this is where we disagree. In the middle of his 20 plus match unbeaten run, i broke ranks with Emery. I told you guys he's not it. Now you are seeing it. Give Emery a chance for ever, the end result will be Arsenal dropping to Emery's level which is outside the top 7/8.
And please stop throwing this he won the Europa League in our face. Yeah he won the Europa League. Yeah he got us to the finals last year? But have you stopped to ask yourself how many of the teams competing in the Europa league are EPL top 6 quality? Last year we qualified for the final and when we met an EPL top 6 team we lost. If that's not an eye opener on Emery what is.
During the week we discussed exhaustively on tactics for this match. Can you in all honesty say you know what tactics Emery adopted for this match? Immediately i saw the line-up i gave up because i knew we are in for a long night. Is Ceballos a winger now? Why did he not start Laca maybe as usual he would have conjured a goal. Honestly i feel for our the players out there today. They gave their best but our coach let them down big time.
Throwing 11 players onto the pitch without any tactical plan or a clueless one can only work with some lower 10 EPL team. But when teams of comparable quality meet like we seen today the coach makes the difference. In 10 years time with Emery at the top and Klopp on the opposing side, the result will always be the same because hasn't got it.

The good thing today is the usual scapegoats we all vent our anger on didn't play. It's Emery's team and 14 months and counting we are still the way we were. No impact of Emery on the team except his hoofing and puffing on the touchline.
Tactics not the issue yesterday.
Emery had clear game plan at Anfield.

Let Liverpool FB's have freedom of space and time, condense Liverpool ability in and around 18 yard box, force either Fullback to breakdown Arsenal via crosses and punish Liverpool via the counter. Unfortunately when playing that conservatively vs a side like Liverpool it is paramount you take your chances, Pepe and Auba misses in 1st and 2nd half were killer blows.

What Emery must rectify is Arsenal off the ball execution. Emery is 14 months in and Arsenal off the ball still as error prone as they have ever been. Off the ball Arsenal still habitually fall asleep at the most inopportune times. Basic responsibilities abdicated on corner that led to Matip goal, Luiz just brain dead on foul that led to PK and being left for dead by Salah on goal to make it 3-0.

If Emery wants to employ tactical flexibility card, be a manager who has built a squad that on dime can exploit opposition short comings that will bode well for him and the Arsenal but...he will never get to that point if off the ball Arsenal struggle to get basic fundamentals spot on. Arsenal still a side prone to implosion, Arsenal still a team where opposition does not have to play near it's peak form to create chances and score goals, they can just sit back, maintain their shape and wait for Arsenal to gift goals.

That must change posthaste.
You said tactics wasn't the issue yet in another breadth you said "Arsenal off the ball" is still as bad as it has ever been. What's tactics if it does not include what the players do off the ball.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:My bro, Emery had a plan which worked until we gave them a present from a corner kick. My views on man marking on corners with the players we have are well known.

Whatever you and I think of his defensive approach, the point is he tried something which even the Liverpool players admitted caught them by surprise.

Would it have been our approach or personnel? No. But, we have to be fair and give him some credit for trying something different. Who knows if we had taken one of the chances we had?

Emery now has his players and team. He has played 3 games and they are still settling and gelling as a team. I will not judge them yet. After 10 games, let's see where we at? You are a fair person, notwithstanding what you and many see as his short comings, he needs time. Pepe showed us some tantalising glimpses. His choices in that midfield was where Emery got it wrong, plus his Laca decision.

Emery is over analysing the whole thing. Yet more tinkering and changes. Why play a system you have never played before? There comes a point when you believe in yourself and how you want to play. Too much changing has its negatives. Perhaps one such negative is our work without the ball. I talked about giving chances and shots at goal. Emery must get his team to improve on this part of the game, or he will not be around for much longer.

But I saw some good things for this season going forward. Liverpool are a top team, we must not forget that. However with better choices in that midfield as platform for our front 3, we will be a serious title contending team once again, be it with or without Emery.

With Emery right now, it is looking more like 50/50 with the fanbase. This forum seems to be reflecting this. The next few games will be crucial for the man.
azuka wrote:
I defend Emery because he must be given a chance, and because he is a winner. He won the Eurooa league and won in France. He did it at Sevilla with a tight budget. I am sticking with him because I believe in him.

However, do not underestimate the numbers that have turned against Emery and the growing numbers turning against him on social media. Today, despite our defence of Emery, you gave to admit his mistakes too and you must also acknowledge the pressure is on him. If he loses to Spuds, he will be in serious trouble.

There is a growing numbers of Arsenal fans who are expressing their frustrations at the coach for what they see as a terrible defensive side with a conservative coach. The fact is, most of the time we park the bus, we actually get embarrassed.

Already some of my Arsenal supporting friends who know their football are saying to me that, Arsenal this season are going to be the same as last season with a little bit more cutting edge if Pepe comes good.

They are already moaning that, there will be no consistent entertaining football and we will never dominate opponents with Emery as coach. I say to them, it is too early to make any conclusions.

Do not dismiss these concerns, they are not just the concerns of a few, they are the concerns of a large sections of the support in social media.
Given a chance till thy kingdom come? See this is where we disagree. In the middle of his 20 plus match unbeaten run, i broke ranks with Emery. I told you guys he's not it. Now you are seeing it. Give Emery a chance for ever, the end result will be Arsenal dropping to Emery's level which is outside the top 7/8.
And please stop throwing this he won the Europa League in our face. Yeah he won the Europa League. Yeah he got us to the finals last year? But have you stopped to ask yourself how many of the teams competing in the Europa league are EPL top 6 quality? Last year we qualified for the final and when we met an EPL top 6 team we lost. If that's not an eye opener on Emery what is.
During the week we discussed exhaustively on tactics for this match. Can you in all honesty say you know what tactics Emery adopted for this match? Immediately i saw the line-up i gave up because i knew we are in for a long night. Is Ceballos a winger now? Why did he not start Laca maybe as usual he would have conjured a goal. Honestly i feel for our the players out there today. They gave their best but our coach let them down big time.
Throwing 11 players onto the pitch without any tactical plan or a clueless one can only work with some lower 10 EPL team. But when teams of comparable quality meet like we seen today the coach makes the difference. In 10 years time with Emery at the top and Klopp on the opposing side, the result will always be the same because hasn't got it.

The good thing today is the usual scapegoats we all vent our anger on didn't play. It's Emery's team and 14 months and counting we are still the way we were. No impact of Emery on the team except his hoofing and puffing on the touchline.
That Emery has a plan is not the issue, but the personnel he deploys to his plan is the issue. Honestly I am tired of discussing Emery. Remember i first raised alarm on him last season in the midst of his unbeaten run. I raised some salient points then most of which are still relevant today.
I pray I am wrong and you guys are right.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote:Azuka this article pinpoints sum of the stuff I was trying to highlight .
Arsenal succumbed to a 3-1 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday, downed by two Mohamed Salah goals early in the second half. It isn’t easy to make the case for Arsenal’s progress but Unai Emery is right to pick the positives, writes Adam Bate...

At least it was not 5-1 this time. In that sense, Arsenal's trip to Liverpool on Saturday evening was an improvement despite Unai Emery seeing his side go down 3-1 to the Premier League leaders. The Reds were irresistible in the end and there was a time during the second half when a thrashing looked possible. And yet, there were positives for Arsenal.

They surprised Liverpool with their shape, had the better chances in the first half and finished the game strongly too. The problem was the period in which they couldn't cope. This is a team that did not win a single game away to a top-half team last season and that wait goes on. So is this progress for Emery's Arsenal or are the answers.

Gary Neville is a long-time admirer of Emery and sees some good signs, but he could not sugar coat it. "Arsenal were courageous but they were nowhere near good enough," he told Sky Sports. "The step up in gear was too much for Arsenal. It was breath-taking. Liverpool were absolutely at a higher level than Arsenal can get to at this moment in time."
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -positives
For me the only improvement is we lost 5-1 last season and this time it was simply 3-1. This team is still as Emery's team as it was last season. Forget that new players were bought. All the fundamental issues wrong with the team last season are still present in the team this season.
Like i said I pray I am wrong and y'all are right.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:My bro, Emery had a plan which worked until we gave them a present from a corner kick. My views on man marking on corners with the players we have are well known.

Whatever you and I think of his defensive approach, the point is he tried something which even the Liverpool players admitted caught them by surprise.

Would it have been our approach or personnel? No. But, we have to be fair and give him some credit for trying something different. Who knows if we had taken one of the chances we had?

Emery now has his players and team. He has played 3 games and they are still settling and gelling as a team. I will not judge them yet. After 10 games, let's see where we at? You are a fair person, notwithstanding what you and many see as his short comings, he needs time. Pepe showed us some tantalising glimpses. His choices in that midfield was where Emery got it wrong, plus his Laca decision.

Emery is over analysing the whole thing. Yet more tinkering and changes. Why play a system you have never played before? There comes a point when you believe in yourself and how you want to play. Too much changing has its negatives. Perhaps one such negative is our work without the ball. I talked about giving chances and shots at goal. Emery must get his team to improve on this part of the game, or he will not be around for much longer.

But I saw some good things for this season going forward. Liverpool are a top team, we must not forget that. However with better choices in that midfield as platform for our front 3, we will be a serious title contending team once again, be it with or without Emery.

With Emery right now, it is looking more like 50/50 with the fanbase. This forum seems to be reflecting this. The next few games will be crucial for the man.
azuka wrote:

That Emery has a plan is not the issue, but the personnel he deploys to his plan is the issue. Honestly I am tired of discussing Emery. Remember i first raised alarm on him last season in the midst of his unbeaten run. I raised some salient points then most of which are still relevant today.
I pray I am wrong and you guys are right.
On that point I’m totally in agreement with u in terms of his use of personnel.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

azuka wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
azuka wrote:

Let Liverpool FB's have freedom of space and time, condense Liverpool ability in and around 18 yard box, force either Fullback to breakdown Arsenal via crosses and punish Liverpool via the counter. Unfortunately when playing that conservatively vs a side like Liverpool it is paramount you take your chances, Pepe and Auba misses in 1st and 2nd half were killer blows.

What Emery must rectify is Arsenal off the ball execution. Emery is 14 months in and Arsenal off the ball still as error prone as they have ever been. Off the ball Arsenal still habitually fall asleep at the most inopportune times. Basic responsibilities abdicated on corner that led to Matip goal, Luiz just brain dead on foul that led to PK and being left for dead by Salah on goal to make it 3-0.

If Emery wants to employ tactical flexibility card, be a manager who has built a squad that on dime can exploit opposition short comings that will bode well for him and the Arsenal but...he will never get to that point if off the ball Arsenal struggle to get basic fundamentals spot on. Arsenal still a side prone to implosion, Arsenal still a team where opposition does not have to play near it's peak form to create chances and score goals, they can just sit back, maintain their shape and wait for Arsenal to gift goals.

You said tactics wasn't the issue yet in another breadth you said "Arsenal off the ball" is still as bad as it has ever been. What's tactics if it does not include what the players do off the ball.
What do tactics have do with Arsenal inability to cope with corner kick and allowing Matip to go unscathed to smack in 1st goal. Or Luiz being a utter dumb #$% on foul that led to PK and getting spun like a fool by Salah on the goal that made it 3-0.

Gooners are being a tad hypocritical, Gooners destroyed AW for being naive in big away game, lambasted AW for not being pragmatic @ Anfield, @ Old Traffford, @ Stamford Bridge or @ the Etihad.

When you lose the fans piss on the game plan and manager is torn to shreds, fans should just concede it's a results based business, most fans don't give a damn about tactics, win they hail manager the hero, lose and he is the villain.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
azuka wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
azuka wrote:

What do tactics have do with Arsenal inability to cope with corner kick and allowing Matip to go unscathed to smack in 1st goal. Or Luiz being a utter dumb #$% on foul that led to PK and getting spun like a fool by Salah on the goal that made it 3-0.

Gooners are being a tad hypocritical, Gooners destroyed AW for being naive in big away game, lambasted AW for not being pragmatic @ Anfield, @ Old Traffford, @ Stamford Bridge or @ the Etihad.

When you lose the fans piss on the game plan and manager is torn to shreds, fans should just concede it's a results based business, most fans don't give a damn about tactics, win they hail manager the hero, lose and he is the villain.
Fact not feelings! :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

These guys are useless, but they ask some pertinent questions here about Emeribe. :rotf:

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner,
My good friend please you were saying new castle are $#%, did you see how Steve Bruce went to spurs and beat them?

We went to New castle and get good result,not many team will beat them at home. If we can win next week we will be behind leaders Liverpool just 3 points if they win also next week.idea is to stay behind them closely. Liverpool City will drop points,after next week we have got 2 top 6 game Md Chelsea and manu should not scared us as we should be picking up 3 points if well plan.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Let me return to a key stats in this game because it us that stat that correlates to goals conceded.

I have posted these stat for the Newcastle and Burnley games. I also added context to the Burnley stat because of their style of play.

The reality is, we allowed Liverpool 25 shots on our goal yesterday, and 17 of them from inside our penalty box.

Let me put this in context. Against Southampton and Norwich combined, Liverpool took 30 shots, 18 from inside the penalty box.

Do you want to know about our chances and shots? Another context. Arnold created more chances than the whole Arsenal team.

Another fact. Against Burnley, I complained to all my friends about not being able to win the first header. Liverpool exploited the weakness exhibited in the Burnley game. Our inability to win every 1st header was exploited by pool for their gos

Azuka na my brother and many more here wey don dey lose hope with Emery. Even me, an Emery man knows, if you continue to give up shots and chances like that, you are reliant on your strikers to bail you out. If they don't score, you lose games.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:Let me return to a key stats in this game because it us that stat that correlates to goals conceded.

I have posted these stat for the Newcastle and Burnley games. I also added context to the Burnley stat because of their style of play.

The reality is, we allowed Liverpool 25 shots on our goal yesterday, and 17 of them from inside our penalty box.

Let me put this in context. Against Southampton and Norwich combined, Liverpool took 30 shots, 18 from inside the penalty box.

Do you want to know about our chances and shots? Another context. Arnold created more chances than the whole Arsenal team.

Azuka na my brother and many more here wey don dey lose hope with Emery. Even me, an Emery man knows, if you continue to give up shots and chances like that, you are reliant on your strikers to bail you out. If they don't score, you lose games.
While your point is valid, I beg to say that while worried about the number of shots, one should also consider the quality of chances or shots conceded. None of those teams had real quality shots prompting great saves from Leno at any kinda frequency. We allowed for Liverpool 2 swing crosses in knowing that we had cover for them. All goals had nothing to do with the tactical approach but clear and obvious player errors. So In that regard I hav hope for where we R and considering that we can build on this with two potential starters at full back returning plus Holding at CD.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sleaky72 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Let me return to a key stats in this game because it us that stat that correlates to goals conceded.

While your point is valid, I beg to say that while worried about the number of shots, one should also consider the quality of chances or shots conceded. None of those teams had real quality shots prompting great saves from Leno at any kinda frequency. We allowed for Liverpool 2 swing crosses in knowing that we had cover for them. All goals had nothing to do with the tactical approach but clear and obvious player errors. So In that regard I hav hope for where we R and considering that we can build on this with two potential starters at full back returning plus Holding at CD.
That is Waffi point, more shots you concede, invariably the more chances you will concede and ergo more goals you will concede.

Waffi made this exact point last season, correlation between shots, chances and goals and eventually the chickens did come home to roost. Margins for error so slim in PL, saw it with Palace and Newcastle wins this weekend.

You must be ruthless going forward and locked in off the ball, come up short in either department and you will lose.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kajifu, I warned you.....I posted video of pool vs assnal of recent encounters, however you chose to listen to that waffiman who started posting videos of arshavin from 18 years ago....

Now you play a trash spurs ... do you want me to let you know una waste money on pepe.. yall decided to get one overpriced luxury player who played trash at Afcon, who scored about 12 pk goals from his 25 last season and isnt really needed at assanal..the dude couldn't even finish a one on one ..

u assanal fans are excited about a dribbler...Adama Traore is also a dribbler....Burnley and Newcastle really gave yall some delusional hopes.. enjoy the current table right now, because when Thursday night start that one go be distant memory
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

That is Waffi point, more shots you concede, invariably the more chances you will concede and ergo more goals you will concede.

Waffi made this exact point last season, correlation between shots, chances and goals and eventually the chickens did come home to roost. Margins for error so slim in PL, saw it with Palace and Newcastle wins this weekend.

You must be ruthless going forward and locked in off the ball, come up short in either department and you will lose.
If you read my response you’ll C that I agreed that we R giving up 2 many shots but there is a counter to that by noting that they are far from really good chances and against Liverpool we had at least five excellent chances to put the ball in the net but fluffed our lines. The chances created by arsenal were so much easier to finish that mostly speculative efforts by liverpool. Their first goal should have been ruled out for a foul on Guendo. If you reverse the roles and MG does that to Van Dijk it’s a clear PK. Second goal was clear idiocy on Luiz but there is a video online showing VVD Doing the exact same thing in the box to PEPE and getting away with it. Less said about the third the better. Anyway I’m feeling better about this team with the lads coming back and the improvements hopefully coming as the season progresses.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Spurs next. :D :D

VAR will hit Spurs hard this season. :D :D

Harry Kane would have got a penalty for that last season. That ‘clever’ dive he does, you know that leaning into a player or initiating contact going across the defender and going over them, would usually get him many penalties a season. Not anymore with VAR.

There is Son, Alli too. They all cheat, diving is a game plan. Not any more. :woot: :thumb:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Pochettino has not won an away game since January in the PL by the way. Also just won 4 matches in his last 15.

Although form counts for nothing in the NLD, it does not mean we should ignore Spurs failings especially in the context of top 4.

Spurs have major issues and it could all blow up this season. I remember how many preached to me here about them not having contractual problems. They lost players already, and currently have 3 players running down their contracts, with a LB who also wants out.

The brains of the team (Erickson) not getting into the team cos Manager questions his attitude and wants him sold. Players not getting on with fisticuffs between Kane and Vertonghen. Manager trying to manage player issues as it is affecting results. It reminds me of Sanchez at Arsenal.

Make no mistake, Poch will get all his best players fired up for this one game. They will all play but looking at their midfield and FBs, we must fancy ourselves for 3 points.

Emery needs to get his act together for these big games, he must start with the NLD.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Against Burnley, we conceded so many shot in the box because we could not win the 1st header from their long balls. We also were poor defending corners because of this weakness. Liverpool exploited this weakness for the crucial first goal.

Another issue is playing from the back when teams press us high, we really should have worked out ways in playing out of the press by now. Against Liverpool we were dispossessed in our defensive third eight times in the first half.

Look, Liverpool are a top team, at the peak of their powers right now. So we must put things in context. They are not our comparator for now.

But we really need to fix our off the ball issues to progress as a team especially against the top team.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Against Burnley, we conceded so many shot in the box because we could not win the 1st header from their long balls. We also were poor defending corners because of this weakness. Liverpool exploited this weakness for the crucial first goal.

Another issue is playing from the back when teams press us high, we really should have worked out ways in playing out of the press by now. Against Liverpool we were dispossessed in our defensive third eight times in the first half.

Look, Liverpool are a top team, at the peak of their powers right now. So we must put things in context. They are not our comparator for now.

But we really need to fix our off the ball issues to progress as a team especially against the top team.
Well said Waffi.

IMO Emery needs to settle on his core. I understand desire to have a team that retains optimal flexibility in countering oppositions tactics but that cannot happen with so many new faces, this is a squad that currently has deep chemistry and cohesion issues.

My fear is Emery may be putting the cart before the horse, he must settle on his ideal core. He can build through them over weeks and months ahead and as chemistry builds and cohesion improves he can step up tactical fluidity. He is trying to play 4D chess when at the moment this team is chemistry wise at a connect 4 level.

Emery like you said waffi is outsmarting himself, won't tell Emery he should be ultra predictable but he should not overcompensate, hate to be glib but with the talent, variety of options and depth at his disposal Emery should for the time being lean towards simplicity.
Detective Bunk Moreland

elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Waffiman wrote:Pochettino has not won an away game since January in the PL by the way. Also just won 4 matches in his last 15.

Although form counts for nothing in the NLD, it does not mean we should ignore Spurs failings especially in the context of top 4.

Spurs have major issues and it could all blow up this season. I remember how many preached to me here about them not having contractual problems. They lost players already, and currently have 3 players running down their contracts, with a LB who also wants out.

The brains of the team (Erickson) not getting into the team cos Manager questions his attitude and wants him sold. Players not getting on with fisticuffs between Kane and Vertonghen. Manager trying to manage player issues as it is affecting results. It reminds me of Sanchez at Arsenal.

Make no mistake, Poch will get all his best players fired up for this one game. They will all play but looking at their midfield and FBs, we must fancy ourselves for 3 points.

Emery needs to get his act together for these big games, he must start with the NLD.
He must work hard on his starting lineup.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Quick question why Arsenal on the verge of selling Monreal when Tierney may not return until October????
Detective Bunk Moreland

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Quick question why Arsenal on the verge of selling Monreal when Tierney may not return until October????
That annoys me too. Kolasinac will be put LFB I guess.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

elerineye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Pochettino has not won an away game since January in the PL by the way. Also just won 4 matches in his last 15.

He must work hard on his starting lineup.
Man is constantly changing line ups and tactics. There comes a point where it becomes counter productive. Let's remember Emery has done very strong characters in that dressing room. He must be careful because he needs a happy ship.