The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Sleaky72 »

Phewww !!!
Bullet dodged!
Was about to spaz on Hermano Mikel 4 keeping Laca-Mizit in the game ... Lol
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

3 consecutive clean sheets. Draws starting to turn into wins. Onwards we March.

Bukola Saka! What a baller. Special mention to Mustafi the villain, and Leno!
Last edited by Cally on Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Great game again by Mustafi at the back. Guendouzi did well too. Hope he learned something from tonight's game that you can be effective in central midfield without dwelling for too long on the ball. Joe Willock is the one who is still worrying me. Hopefully Arteta will train the roy of the rover complex out of him. If he can stop the attitude of trying to be hero first and learn that passing to team mates is not something secondary which you do when all avenues are closed, then he will be fine.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Saka is really something special o :clap: :clap: . Thierney and Kola must be scratching their heads now.

Laca needs more goals - he is still Sir Mis-a-lot
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Saka is really something special o :clap: :clap: . Thierney and Kola must be scratching their heads now.

Saka is a special kids,i am worried against Walcott gra gra on sunday,I think he can play more as a wing back than full back.
Good win away and head back home with a goal advantage
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

bk-one wrote:Great game again by Mustafi at the back. Guendouzi did well too. Hope he learned something from tonight's game that you can be effective in central midfield without dwelling for too long on the ball. Joe Willock is the one who is still worrying me. Hopefully Arteta will train the roy of the rover complex out of him. If he can stop the attitude of trying to be hero first and learn that passing to team mates is not something secondary which you do when all avenues are closed, then he will be fine.
You got it right. Willock loves being the hero and it's killing his game. He badly wants to shine, and that makes him forget the basics.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Cally wrote:3 consecutive clean sheets. Draws starting to turn into wins. Onwards we March.

Thought his first name is Bukayo?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cally wrote:3 consecutive clean sheets. Draws starting to turn into wins. Onwards we March.

Fact not feelings! :thumbs:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Cally wrote:
bk-one wrote:Great game again by Mustafi at the back. Guendouzi did well too. Hope he learned something from tonight's game that you can be effective in central midfield without dwelling for too long on the ball. Joe Willock is the one who is still worrying me. Hopefully Arteta will train the roy of the rover complex out of him. If he can stop the attitude of trying to be hero first and learn that passing to team mates is not something secondary which you do when all avenues are closed, then he will be fine.
You got it right. Willock loves being the hero and it's killing his game. He badly wants to shine, and that makes him forget the basics.
Willock doesn't have it in my opinion. It is ESR I can't wait for. If ESR can step up to the adult game, and grow into his frame while remaining hungry. he has the technical and tactical tools to be heckuva midfielder.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Saka is really something special o :clap: :clap: . Thierney and Kola must be scratching their heads now.

He is still finding fitness after a long lay off.

Cut the guy some slack na. :mad:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

amafolas wrote:
Cally wrote:
Willock doesn't have it in my opinion. It is ESR I can't wait for. If ESR can step up to the adult game, and grow into his frame while remaining hungry. he has the technical and tactical tools to be heckuva midfielder.
I pray you are right - ESR reminds me a lot of of Jack W :( without the injuries.

That Willock just needs some good coaching to remove the nonsense from his game - I think he has more to offer than ESR.

What exactly is Reiss Nelson's best position ? I dont recall us playing him in the midfield in a competitive game in recent times. and make we no forget AMN who was removed from the midfield to become a wingback ! I do think AMN should come back to the Midfield. He was better there than that wingback position.

...Socrates
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Cally wrote:
I pray you are right - ESR reminds me a lot of of Jack W :( without the injuries.

That Willock just needs some good coaching to remove the nonsense from his game - I think he has more to offer than ESR.

What exactly is Reiss Nelson's best position ? I dont recall us playing him in the midfield in a competitive game in recent times. and make we no forget AMN who was removed from the midfield to become a wingback ! I do think AMN should come back to the Midfield. He was better there than that wingback position.
My other problem with Willock is that his body does not match his game. His game is about lung-bursting runs and carrying the ball. For someone whose game is so predicated on running, he doesn't have great natural stamina. So he needs a lot of rest for every run he makes. Here's the problem, he makes a run, loses the ball, then he is recuperating, while opponents are countering at pace.
Compare his stamina to Guendouzi, who has no burst but can run forever, or Xhaka whose game doesn't depend on running. Aubameyang is a robot, he is that rare combo of explosive runner who also has excellent stamina. It's like being good at 100m and 10000m.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

So we have two younsters that seem to have been the latest conversions one worked and the other was iffy. What your take should they return to the roles we had known them for ?

AMN - Midfielder to Wingback

Bukayo - Winger to Winback

Please comment - I want AMN for sure to be back to the midfield ...

...Socrates
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Siddonlook11 wrote:So we have two younsters that seem to have been the latest conversions one worked and the other was iffy. What your take should they return to the roles we had known them for ?

I think position wise AMN is better where he is. Wenger said his best position is in the middle but to tell the truth I haven't seen enough to be convinced because he rarely played there. He was okay at Cardiff as a Winger. He was starting to get better as a fullback.

In the case of Sala, I really don't know.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

So only Liverpool has lost less games than us in the EPL.
These draws are hurting
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bk-one wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:So we have two younsters that seem to have been the latest conversions one worked and the other was iffy. What your take should they return to the roles we had known them for ?

I think position wise AMN is better where he is. Wenger said his best position is in the middle but to tell the truth I haven't seen enough to be convinced because he rarely played there. He was okay at Cardiff as a Winger. He was starting to get better as a fullback.

In the case of Sala, I really don't know.
So Wenger that train the boy see him every day tells you his best position and you are doubting him ?Ok oooh
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Molue Conductor wrote:So only Liverpool has lost less games than us in the EPL.
These draws are hurting
We have 13 draws and Liverpool are yet to lost a game.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:
These draws are hurting
We have 13 draws and Liverpool are yet to lost a game.
captain obvious
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Arsène Wenger on UCL: "We have 26 games, after tomorrow's game we have 33 points to go for, if you make 22-25 points, you have a chance.

This man still uses WE
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

These draws are hurting
Yeah right..Wolves and City says hello
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

elerineye wrote:

Thought his first name is Bukayo?
Right, Bukayo Saka. Thanks.

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote:
These draws are hurting
Yeah right..Wolves and City says hello
They have lost 6 so had Arsenal.