The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by azuka »

danfo driver wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
azuka wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:Ozil oh Ozil. I think we can all just agree that this geezer should be sent to reserves to see out his contract - What a team player! :roll: :roll: :roll: Get rid!!
Don't be fooled. Ask why is he being singled out? 7 players were said according to reports to have refused to agree to the pay cut. Now these reduced to 3. And of the 3 why is it only Ozil's name that's being mentioned. I smell blackmail.

It says very bad of the club for such info to be leaked. Very very bad indeed. Whoever leaked that info must be punished and sacked. IMHO.
Yes, he is obviously being singled out here and the club really wants to be rid of him but when the team comes together to make a decision for the betterment of the club and the highest earner at the club (with one assist and one goal so far this season to show) decides not to be part of it. That is a rotten apple that needs to be discarded.

How do players earning less than him feel about taking a pay cut to invariably pay his (Ozil) full wages?? The optics are just so bad!
You are being emotional and thats fine, but look at it from Mesut's perspective. This is a job! Mesut is not from North London, London or England. He didnt offer himself the contract. Arsenal did. In fact, when the contract was being negotiated, he didnt hold a gun to Wenger's head of the head of the Arsenal negotiator. Furthermore, when the contract was being negotiated, Arsenal took into consideration, the full circumstances of every and all things that could happen, including bankruptcy. If the tables were turned, will Arsenal five Mesut a 12% increase in salary? Both parties negotiated a deal and both parties were happy with the deal. Its that simple

Secondly, I am shocked that after many decades of watching football, you guys still think players should be loyal to clubs. When last did any club show any loyalty to a player? There is a story of an Ajax boy who collapsed 2 years ago and was in a comma. His contract with Ajax expires in June and Ajax has said they will not renew it because the boy's career is finished. A boy in his early 20s. Do I see anything wrong with Ajax's position from a business perspective? No! They have no contractual obligation to renew the contract. Did you or anyone say anything about Ajax? No! This is not the only case, there are many cases of clubs throwing players into the toilet at the earliest opportunity. Now, you want the players to sacrifice for the club???!!! :lol: :lol: And we are even talking about a player, Mesut, who has been insulted and maltreated by the club, fans and the former manager? You must be having a laugh!

I know Arsenal is your life, but Arsenal is clearly NOT mesut's life. If you like Arsenal that much, please send your salary to them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And for Arsenal to bring this to the media to shame him and force him shows everything you need to know about that horrible club and their values. it will never be well with that club!
All to all you said above that 3 players refused to take the cut. Yet only Mesut name was leaked. Who are the other two? And why were their names not leaked?

This is not the Arsenal we all know.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

SylverEagles wrote:
azuka wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:Ozil oh Ozil. I think we can all just agree that this geezer should be sent to reserves to see out his contract - What a team player! :roll: :roll: :roll: Get rid!!
Don't be fooled. Ask why is he being singled out? 7 players were said according to reports to have refused to agree to the pay cut. Now these reduced to 3. And of the 3 why is it only Ozil's name that's being mentioned. I smell blackmail.

It says very bad of the club for such info to be leaked. Very very bad indeed. Whoever leaked that info must be punished and sacked. IMHO.
Yes, he is obviously being singled out here and the club really wants to be rid of him but when the team comes together to make a decision for the betterment of the club and the highest earner at the club (with one assist and one goal so far this season to show) decides not to be part of it. That is a rotten apple that needs to be discarded.

How do players earning less than him feel about taking a pay cut to invariably pay his (Ozil) full wages?? The optics are just so bad!
My bro, i read somewhere even the academy players are complaining about the payout. Ozil is just being singled out all for asking to know more about what will they use the money for and their other financial commitment.They are not been totally upfront with the players.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
tolahs wrote: Unai Emery called me a ‘white witch’ and blamed me for getting him sacked

wat a guan with ex-gaffer!!!? :huh: :sneaky: :winking:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ite-witch/
So glad we are rid of this clown. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Where is his houseboy sleaky or whatever he calls himself. :roll:
WHILE ...
the world is showing more respect and tolerance in the midst of this horrible pandemic you choose a worthless tabloid article as an opportunity 2 throw out childish insults.
This behavior speaks more 2 the kinda person you are.
I won’t stoop down 2 yer level.
Your beef is with the Sun - most read daily paper in the UK - that you're above the level of the Sun is good for you but do we have to know about it!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

https://theathletic.com/podcast/163-steilcast/

Mesut Ozil's agent on the realities of coronavirus for players and clubs

Dr Erkut Sogut reminds us that we don't have a collective bargaining situation with the EPL. Y'all already know our club's gone totally agbero trying to use the media to force a man to take paycuts. Kinda tough going after him on Charity cos since Kanu(& the massive Heart work), it's tough to find another Gooner who really does as much as Ozil does with Charities worldwide.
EPL clubs working deals w/o agents involvement will be trickery down the line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Some of the Man's charity work over the last few yrs:
paying for 1,000 vital operations for children across the world
feeding 100,000 homeless people at 16 refugee camps in Turkey and Syria
paying £240,000 to fund operations for sick kids in Brazil

---------------------------------------------------

@SamJDean: Worth remembering that, at this stage, all the agreements are verbal. Putting it into writing is another leap forward, which will involve agents, small print etc. Might not be as straightforward as club hope.
Arsenal pay cut situation is not black & white. Different players have different motivations. What is clear, though, is that some people involved are very uncomfortable with the way it has been done. Much harder for some players to say no to Arteta than for others, for example.
----------------------------------------
Those of you who swallow all that clickbait about transfer targets need to leanback - we ain't cutting down on expenses, getting less from revenue streams to buy big names - don't know when the EPL returns but i don't expect much change in league positions - I expect it to be a buyers market & prices will come down compared to previous seasons. main thing people's is stay safe & abide by the COVID-19 rules in your area.
Better 6ft apart than 6ft under. ONE!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Today is the anniversary of the Invincibles winning the EPL
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Today is the anniversary of the Invincibles winning the EPL
That's nice did Arsenal win the league after that? I haven't kept up with football much since then.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We mightn't have as many players at the elite level as we once did - we can count on Jollof & fufu to hold up their end of the deal!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIU-scPZJH8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Today is the anniversary of the Invincibles winning the EPL
That's nice did Arsenal win the league after that? I haven't kept up with football much since then.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

kalani JR wrote:
No, we haven’t won the league since, hence our reminiscing about the glory times.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
I am divided. Did kalani just intentionally backhand l'arse?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

i thought it was pretty obvious what he thought he did?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Chief Waffiman are ya hearing any inner talk of Saka’s contract extension?
Internet rumors which might be his agent and others stirring the pot have ‘em linked
2 A host of clubs.
Surely the Gunners can’t lose this kid, right?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

i thought it was pretty obvious what he thought he did?
It wasn't I was in a coma for many years, I had no idea what was going on in the world of football.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sleaky72 wrote:Chief Waffiman are ya hearing any inner talk of Saka’s contract extension?
Internet rumors which might be his agent and others stirring the pot have ‘em linked
2 A host of clubs.
Surely the Gunners can’t lose this kid, right?
Really dont care,cheap club dont deserved better players.

They better pay the boy nice or he should leave.Ozil are making a killing thta boy should not ask anything less than 100k.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

kalani JR wrote:
What I’m even more interested in knowing is how many EPL teams achieved that feat? I haven’t kept up with football at all since then.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

elerineye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
What I’m even more interested in knowing is how many EPL teams achieved that feat? I haven’t kept up with football at all since then.
Won the league? Maybe four? With higher point totals? Maybe three?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
elerineye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

kalani JR wrote:
elerineye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
No, not won the league. How many PL teams have achieved the feat of being “Invincibles”?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal my people hope every member is fine,
Arsenal for life
Last edited by kajifu on Wed May 06, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

elerineye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
elerineye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
No, not won the league. How many PL teams have achieved the feat of being “Invincibles”?
How many points did you have when you were "invincible?" draw draw here and there with crystal palace, Bolton wanderers, Stoke and derby county na something to dey beat chest about? :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assanal the selling club, they want to sell Auba :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Assanal the selling club, they want to sell Auba :rotf:
They don't want to sell, they have to sell.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Assanal the selling club, they want to sell Auba :rotf:
They don't want to sell, they have to sell.
They dont have to sell, Auba wants out!