The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by cchinukw »

bepanda wrote:It is actually the opposite. Keeping Ozil home would be the best thing to ever happen to this club.
Why do you need to loan him out? You tell him to stay home and play Fortnight. I mean ... what's wrong with that? He brings nothing.
Or you could pay his wages, while he stars in Turkey ... in front of his fans.

Ozil requires special care, because he can only play one way. He needs 1 month (and 5+ games) to actually warm up.
Emery did it and went 20 games unbeaten. Unfortunately, he lost players to injury and somehow was forced to bring him back ...
Because they thought the same way you think ... "We are paying him too much, we can't keep him home".

Bepanda
cchinukw wrote: Two things which should be blatantly obvious to anyone trying to have a go at the coach
A) He has come in the middle of the season after 2 previous average managers with no pre season. It is completely pointless making him take the blame for what are clearly player issues.
If anything he has been hands on and Arsenal's shape looks better.
Apart from a few senior players and the young uns tell me which other players in his squad would be playing for a top 10 team.
Under Emery, players could not even string 3 passes together without being intercepted by the opposition.

B) You can't flog Ozil or loan him out. His wages aren't value for money for any Premier League club. Do you let £300k a week go pissing down the drain? No. You make him work for his money. That means the only position Ozil is suited to is a no. 10. Any good coach dealt a team like this will have to improvise. That is the hallmark of a good coach.
Apart from the above the other thing about results is nothing is ever guaranteed. Not with a crap team of first team players like we have at Arsenal.
These are basic facts. I think Mikel Arteta has handled the enormous task so far with aplomb.
You always seem to miss my point. I was making the same point as you as in why it makes sense to build your team around him given the lack of options currently available.

Phew!!! :mad:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

cchinukw wrote:Lady Maria - A Spaniard who plays his professional football in Brazil had played for Man City and couldn't cut it.

The Kroenkes are hell bent on finishing off Arsenal.
Not always a good indicator, the team also matters: Salah, KDB, Torres
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I'm spellbound - See skills for a kid. Kai

Omari Hutchinson
[/video]

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Omari Hutchinson - older and wiser:

[/video]

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

cchinukw wrote:I'm spellbound - See skills for a kid. Kai

Omari Hutchinson
[/video]
Nonsense. 1% benefit to a professional footballer. I hope he focuses on honing his fundamentals to give him a shot at turning Pro
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Bepanda:
Check out this, well sorta, rebuttal, 2 the earlier article I posted that appeared 2 some, as being critical of the progress of AFC under Mikel Arteta. In this piece, it breaks down some tactical adjustments, both on & off the ball, and in game tinkering ( a place that I believe Mikel is weakest) that he has introduced since taking the hot seat @ the Emirates.
I’m curious 2 read your views on this.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... d-17633262
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"Pablo Mari has expressed his desire to speak to Pep Guardiola one day, after revealing that he has never met the Manchester City manager.......But in an interview with The Athletic at the FIFA Club World Cup last month, Mari explained that he has never met City boss Pep Guardiola or any first-team players, spending just a few days at the club to complete his medical.

“In my mind, I was moving to Manchester but I’d only been there once for my medical,” he explained.

“I signed for City in 2013 but I’ve never met Pep Guardiola or any of the first-team players."

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... l-17633414

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Adrian Rabiot reportedly back on the radar as Juve sanction move. Arsenal will not buy because it isn't a loan move.

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Thanks for the links. The dude should be comparing Arteta first 6 games with Emery first 6 games. He gives the excuse that Arteta hasn't changed the lineup or formation ... meaning all the underperformers are still starting and playing lots of minutes. Maybe would make sense, if the team was winning ... 1 win in 6 games?
As a coach, you want to change formations to see what's the best capabilities of your players... until you can sign your own players who can play the system you want to play.
As mentioned before, Anyone who tries to build a team around Ozil is a fool. Ozil has been running more now ... because it is January. Once the transfer window closes ... Ozil will be back to being himself.
When he was 25 years old, he couldn't run for 8 months in a year. At age 31 he surely won't start running more.
Xhaka is still under performing. Pepe ... not much improvement. Maitland Niles has made fewer mistakes, which is good. But Mustafi is still Mustafi. David Luiz is still David Luiz. Saka has been a positive surprise at left back.
Bepanda
Sleaky72 wrote:Bepanda:
Check out this, well sorta, rebuttal, 2 the earlier article I posted that appeared 2 some, as being critical of the progress of AFC under Mikel Arteta. In this piece, it breaks down some tactical adjustments, both on & off the ball, and in game tinkering ( a place that I believe Mikel is weakest) that he has introduced since taking the hot seat @ the Emirates.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bepanda wrote:Thanks for the links. The dude should be comparing Arteta first 6 games with Emery first 6 games. He gives the excuse that Arteta hasn't changed the lineup or formation ... meaning all the underperformers are still starting and playing lots of minutes. Maybe would make sense, if the team was winning ... 1 win in 6 games?
As a coach, you want to change formations to see what's the best capabilities of your players... until you can sign your own players who can play the system you want to play.
As mentioned before, Anyone who tries to build a team around Ozil is a fool. Ozil has been running more now ... because it is January. Once the transfer window closes ... Ozil will be back to being himself.
When he was 25 years old, he couldn't run for 8 months in a year. At age 31 he surely won't start running more.
Xhaka is still under performing. Pepe ... not much improvement. Maitland Niles has made fewer mistakes, which is good. But Mustafi is still Mustafi. David Luiz is still David Luiz. Saka has been a positive surprise at left back.
Bepanda
Sleaky72 wrote:Bepanda:
Great input as expected. When I get some time there’s another article posted by a blogger that I found really interesting and I’m also curious as to what ur take on it will be when I get around finding it. Again good stuff!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... in-arsenal

Does this Lemar 2 Arsenal story really have merit? The rumors just won’t go away! Plus there is mad news that the Mari deal might be on the verge uv collapse as the man has allegedly flown back 2 Brazil. Madness!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Pablo Marlo deal is off.......AFC board are trying to change the deal at the last minute......
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Arteta better start winning games....he has put his full support in Mugu Mustafi
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gooner1 wrote:Pablo Marlo deal is off.......AFC board are trying to change the deal at the last minute......
Hola Sleaky!! ¿Qué está pasando con Pablo? :( Muy muy muy mala!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gooner1 wrote:Arteta better start winning games....he has put his full support in Mugu Mustafi
bro, please good afternoon. when do you think the new manager bounce will kick in?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

danfo driver wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Pablo Marlo deal is off.......AFC board are trying to change the deal at the last minute......
Hola Sleaky!! ¿Qué está pasando con Pablo? :( Muy muy muy mala!
Do I hv another persona?(Gooner1)?
:laugh:
How many people will I be accused of being?
:D
Surprised I haven’t been called Kajifu
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

dem don curse this board :curse: :curse: :curse:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Hoping my boy Dani Ceballos gets a look in tonight and shines in his cameo against the Cherries! (Fingers crosses and hands clasped)!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Come on Arsenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Ceballos on the bench again?
And XHAKA and Guendozi together? Well I’ll just relax and see this play out.
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

If the Arsenal manage to squeak past Bournemouth the Gunners will face Portsmouth at Fratton park in the 5TH rd of the FA cup.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

that's how you do it Saka!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Beating up on poor teams :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!