The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sleaky72 wrote:Hope he proves me wrong but I fear we’ve wasted
money on Pepe.
Yeah his stats aren’t bad but we are looking for
much more impact from a 70 mill player.
Sorry I ain’t seeing it ...
Been a very demoralizing signing ...Sorry just da way I feel
He cost 80 million :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chei assanal plays pool and city next :rotf: :rotf: ...assnal will then play tolotolo football..what a season :rotf:
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
mcal wrote:...and for a player like David Luiz who keep messing up and keep getting signed by bigger clubs, I think an average Nigeria/SE defender can play better than him, but because he is Brazil.
Unfortunately, our defenders don't have his Agent.
I'm confused. How is Luiz to blame here?

The NBC commentators also had him share blame for the equalizer...
I could've sworn it was their boy Kolasinic who gave the ball away leading to Son's equalizer. Luiz used to be fast in his hay day but given he's well on the wrong side of 30, his speed is far from what it used to be. But they will blame Luiz because he's their favorite whipping boy.

Meanwhile, Waffi and co will conveniently act like they didn't see their favorite left back Kid (Tierney) caught flat footed on Tobi's winning header.

How is that his fault? on what planet should Tierney be marking Tobi at set pieces? especially when the team had 3 cbs available?!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
mcal wrote:...and for a player like David Luiz who keep messing up and keep getting signed by bigger clubs, I think an average Nigeria/SE defender can play better than him, but because he is Brazil.
Unfortunately, our defenders don't have his Agent.
I'm confused. How is Luiz to blame here?

The NBC commentators also had him share blame for the equalizer...
I could've sworn it was their boy Kolasinic who gave the ball away leading to Son's equalizer. Luiz used to be fast in his hay day but given he's well on the wrong side of 30, his speed is far from what it used to be. But they will blame Luiz because he's their favorite whipping boy.

Meanwhile, Waffi and co will conveniently act like they didn't see their favorite left back Kid (Tierney) caught flat footed on Tobi's winning header.

How is that his fault? on what planet should Tierney be marking Tobi at set pieces? especially when the team had 3 cbs available?!
In a world in which Lampard is seen a one of the tactically superior managers, LBs marking the immediate goal threats makes sense.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Once again this is another loss on Arteta. This is what you get for changing your team tactics midways in a season. I love what Arteta has done to this team, but this loss like the ones against ManCity and Brighton is on Arteta. Playing 4-2-3-1, Arteta's Arsenal was the only unbeaten EPL Team in 2020 pre-covid break. But for whatever reason he changed to 3-4-3 and yes his had team some success with it, the most important being the win against Wolves away. But today is an example of what happens when a team hasn't finally mastered a system.

With all the superior possession the team had in the 2nd half against Spuds, how much penetration did the team achieve against Spuds? A futher analysis of the team's possession will show that most were in those areas we can hardly hurt the opposition. The reason being that, despite Arteta loading the midfield, we lost the midfied battle to spuds. Most times our players pass backwards or sideways rather than forward because rather than pass forward, a critical spot for these players to pass to is open with non of our players occupying that spot. Many times we see Laca coming backwards to occupy that spot. We also see Xhaka/Ceballos leaving their positions in a bid to drive the team forward and this allowed the opposing players to counter attack us in droves and thus taking over the midfield. In this system, the players in my opinion tried their best but this is a system we they were not properly accustomed to. And that's why a resul like today is inevitable.

If Arteta insists on continue with 3 at the back with players available he must modify the system slightly upfront to a 3-4-1-2. In this situation he can also modify his use of players slightly. Basically move Ceballos to the single player behind the twin strikers with Torreira taking the spot beside Xhaka in the midifield. In this way when we have the ball from the back, Ceballos can always occupy that spot and be always available for our players to pass to when in possession.

But If i were Arteta i will simply drop this experiment until pre-season when hopefully he would have signed the his own players to execute his own system. And one of those players he must sign for his 3-4-3 system to work is a bonafide DM.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

I have a question for all:

Is scoring 44 goals and providing 77 assists in 254 matches for a club a good return or not?
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

azuka wrote:Once again this is another loss on Arteta. This is what you get for changing your team tactics midways in a season. I love what Arteta has done to this team, but this loss like the ones against ManCity and Brighton is on Arteta. Playing 4-2-3-1, Arteta's Arsenal was the only unbeaten EPL Team in 2020 pre-covid break. But for whatever reason he changed to 3-4-3 and yes his had team some success with it, the most important being the win against Wolves away. But today is an example of what happens when a team hasn't finally mastered a system.

With all the superior possession the team had in the 2nd half against Spuds, how much penetration did the team achieve against Spuds? A futher analysis of the team's possession will show that most were in those areas we can hardly hurt the opposition. The reason being that, despite Arteta loading the midfield, we lost the midfied battle to spuds. Most times our players pass backwards or sideways rather than forward because rather than pass forward, a critical spot for these players to pass to is open with non of our players occupying that spot. Many times we see Laca coming backwards to occupy that spot. We also see Xhaka/Ceballos leaving their positions in a bid to drive the team forward and this allowed the opposing players to counter attack us in droves and thus taking over the midfield. In this system, the players in my opinion tried their best but this is a system we they were not properly accustomed to. And that's why a resul like today is inevitable.

If Arteta insists on continue with 3 at the back with players available he must modify the system slightly upfront to a 3-4-1-2. In this situation he can also modify his use of players slightly. Basically move Ceballos to the single player behind the twin strikers with Torreira taking the spot beside Xhaka in the midifield. In this way when we have the ball from the back, Ceballos can always occupy that spot and be always available for our players to pass to when in possession.

But If i were Arteta i will simply drop this experiment until pre-season when hopefully he would have signed the his own players to execute his own system. And one of those players he must sign for his 3-4-3 system to work is a bonafide DM.
The loss had little to do with the formation and all to do with Kolosinac's mistake that gifted Spurs an equalizer less than 2 minutes after Arsenal scored. It would have been a different game had Arsenal been able to defend that lead longer.

With the absence of Ozil and until recently Lucas, the 3-4-3 is the optimal formation considering the available personnel. You propose deploying Danni as a 10 in a 3-4-1-2 but we do not know how effective he will be there. From what I have seen of him, his current deep position is where he is most effective. Also note that he and Xhaka are free to move further up the pitch in this formation as evidenced by the goals they have scored recently.

Instead of the formation, my concern is in the drop in quality between the first 11 and the bench. This is probably why Mikel sometimes leaves Laca on the bench. This way, there is a potential game changer he can bring on when the opposition starts tiring or when we have to chase a game. This drop off in quality between the first 11 and the bench is what the club should address this summer.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

slyk wrote:
azuka wrote:Once again this is another loss on Arteta. This is what you get for changing your team tactics midways in a season. I love what Arteta has done to this team, but this loss like the ones against ManCity and Brighton is on Arteta. Playing 4-2-3-1, Arteta's Arsenal was the only unbeaten EPL Team in 2020 pre-covid break. But for whatever reason he changed to 3-4-3 and yes his had team some success with it, the most important being the win against Wolves away. But today is an example of what happens when a team hasn't finally mastered a system.

The loss had little to do with the formation and all to do with Kolosinac's mistake that gifted Spurs an equalizer less than 2 minutes after Arsenal scored. It would have been a different game had Arsenal been able to defend that lead longer.

With the absence of Ozil and until recently Lucas, the 3-4-3 is the optimal formation considering the available personnel. You propose deploying Danni as a 10 in a 3-4-1-2 but we do not know how effective he will be there. From what I have seen of him, his current deep position is where he is most effective. Also note that he and Xhaka are free to move further up the pitch in this formation as evidenced by the goals they have scored recently.

Instead of the formation, my concern is in the drop in quality between the first 11 and the bench. This is probably why Mikel sometimes leaves Laca on the bench. This way, there is a potential game changer he can bring on when the opposition starts tiring or when we have to chase a game. This drop off in quality between the first 11 and the bench is what the club should address this summer.
But you agree that Kola's mistake was to pass backwards/laterals as the defenders were won't to doing. It was one of those laterals passes that fell to Song. When Kola got the ball, he looked up and if someone was in that open spot in the midfield he would have passed there rather lateral to Luiz.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

azuka wrote:
slyk wrote:

But you agree that Kola's mistake was to pass backwards/laterals as the defenders were won't to doing. It was one of those laterals passes that fell to Song. When Kola got the ball, he looked up and if someone was in that open spot in the midfield he would have passed there rather lateral to Luiz.

Come on. There were several options available to him and he chose the safest one. Nothing wrong with that choice, he just botched the execution. I however, agree that there were too many sideways and backward passes by the Arsenal especially in the second half and I feel it was an indication of being overly cautious possibly due to the effect of that Kolosinac howler. Arsenal were not adventurous enough and that had little to do with the formation deployed.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

azuka wrote:I have a question for all:

Is scoring 44 goals and providing 77 assists in 254 matches for a club a good return or not?
Depends. The numbers are viewed differently depending on whether said player earns 50K, 100K, 200K or 300K a week.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Correction, when Kolasinac looked up, he saw himself on a premier league football field once more. The rest can be considered consequence of complete confusion.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:....you can't turn chicken sh1t into chicken soup.......
a very sub standard group....I just don't get it.....david luiz is a train wreck, and what do AFC do?
....reward him with a contract extension......Ceballos is a below par player, Arteta wants to keep him permanently :roll: ....the list goes on, too many to mention
Arteta is a basic coach, wake me up when AFC appoint Vieria

Bruv,
I know you are fired up but there’s a lotta
blame 2 go around, especially beginning with
Arteta but certainly not my buoy Ceballos?

How many chances did Auba miss?
And can we even bother mentioning
Kolas, Luiz and Mustafi 2day?
Lotta peeps 2 call out, IMHO, Ceballos
wasn’t one uv ‘em!
Unfortunately, the problem with AFC fans is that they look at players on a game by game basis, instead of looking from a holistic viewpoint.
For example, the fact that Mustafi is being considered with a contract extension is case in point. How can anyone with half a brain be even considering this? Luiz's extension is a travesty, can Manvapanous be any worse?

As for Ceballos....dude is not good enough, regardless of what system Arteta plays.....that is why Zindaine wants shot of him.
I have seen enough of him to draw my conclusion....you can have all the drive, desire, hard work and focus....but at the end of the day
, if you do not have the ability to grab the match by the collar and make that difference....then you are not good enough.....

Lacazette is the same, a top goal scorer, not doubt, but his first touch lets him down time and time again, and we have lost matches due to his
inability to successfully shield and hold onto the ball as required from a striker.

.....Nkeitiah is a poor mans Ian Wright, his small physique puts him at a disadvantage already against the
PL defenders, first touch is questionable, although slightly better than Lacazette. Again I see nothing promising coming from him. He should have stayed
at Leeds Utd where he was improving, coming off from the bench....since then, nothing impressive

As I said before, I could go on....... Kolashinac, Xhaka, Bellerin, Luiz, Willock, Nelson, Pepe, Chambers, Holding, Geundouzi,

As for Arteta, he will be found out soon enough
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Beloved embraced a culture of mediocrity a while back, the nothingness of all the above falls in sync with such ethos. Nelson, Willock, Maitland-Niles, shockingly average, yet students of an institution with unparalleled privilege. The facilities at Ashburton are second to none, yet what comes of its yield? That Callum Chambers ranks amongst the better centrehalves at the club, speaks with volume of the ridiculousness at the helm.

Pepe can be likened to the Nissan Juke purchased over 10 years. So stretched is the contract for monthly repayment, the overall fee far exceeds the actual value. In effect, it’s G wagon money for a glorified beach buggy. One need only observe his countless twists and turns, all with the eyes set firmly on his feet, so as to aid proprioception, to see he’s no more than a Gervinho. Albeit with a little more brain and a lot less forehead. There’s none to be done but persist in his regard, for resale value would be laughable.

Ceballos, is simply not good enough. As the deep-lying playmaker, he lacks positional awareness or perhaps discipline. The Danny Boy question forever remains, what exactly is he? Not quite a number 10, not nearly strong enough to be a 6, far too XX for a 4. He seems to be a bizarre cocktail of each, in disproportionate measures so as to prove, not quite right. In a two, the midfield is too porous, ahead of a double pivot, he’s not nearly productive enough. What is Dani Ceballos, in a nutshell, a Real Madrid problem that, if faculties are intact, will never be Beloved’s.

There’s a need for investment, shrewd investment that must, where necessary, hold court over philosophy. Arteta need observe the law of the lands, lest those lands make of him a Villas-Boas.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Gooner1 wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:....you can't turn chicken sh1t into chicken soup.......
a very sub standard group....I just don't get it.....david luiz is a train wreck, and what do AFC do?
....reward him with a contract extension......Ceballos is a below par player, Arteta wants to keep him permanently :roll: ....the list goes on, too many to mention
Arteta is a basic coach, wake me up when AFC appoint Vieria

Bruv,
I know you are fired up but there’s a lotta
blame 2 go around, especially beginning with
Arteta but certainly not my buoy Ceballos?

How many chances did Auba miss?
And can we even bother mentioning
Kolas, Luiz and Mustafi 2day?
Lotta peeps 2 call out, IMHO, Ceballos
wasn’t one uv ‘em!
Unfortunately, the problem with AFC fans is that they look at players on a game by game basis, instead of looking from a holistic viewpoint.
For example, the fact that Mustafi is being considered with a contract extension is case in point. How can anyone with half a brain be even considering this? Luiz's extension is a travesty, can Manvapanous be any worse?

As for Ceballos....dude is not good enough, regardless of what system Arteta plays.....that is why Zindaine wants shot of him.
I have seen enough of him to draw my conclusion....you can have all the drive, desire, hard work and focus....but at the end of the day
, if you do not have the ability to grab the match by the collar and make that difference....then you are not good enough.....

Lacazette is the same, a top goal scorer, not doubt, but his first touch lets him down time and time again, and we have lost matches due to his
inability to successfully shield and hold onto the ball as required from a striker.

.....Nkeitiah is a poor mans Ian Wright, his small physique puts him at a disadvantage already against the
PL defenders, first touch is questionable, although slightly better than Lacazette. Again I see nothing promising coming from him. He should have stayed
at Leeds Utd where he was improving, coming off from the bench....since then, nothing impressive

As I said before, I could go on....... Kolashinac, Xhaka, Bellerin, Luiz, Willock, Nelson, Pepe, Chambers, Holding, Geundouzi,

As for Arteta, he will be found out soon enough
Ya know it’s dudes like you that make me even bother with dis place.
Imagine having a diff POV and making a case w’out drama and BS.
More power 2 ya bruv :clap:
Even though I’m a believer in Dani
I get yer point!
Bravo!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

azuka wrote:I have a question for all:

Depend the player,how much his salary,buying price,the club he play for.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arteta still has alot to learn,Arsenal job is bigger than him.
How this club still even think of extending Mustafi contract is something i cant understand.
Luiz get extension, $#% players $#% result.
To think Danfo was right about those players is more shocking the same people that were singing those players hype now are all wake up.
So likes of Danfo even know how to scout players more than those been paid to do t he job?
Arsenal can be better off if likes of Danfo scout and choose who we sign
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kajifu wrote:Arteta still has alot to learn,Arsenal job is bigger than him.
How this club still even think of extending Mustafi contract is something i cant understand.
Luiz get extension, $#% players $#% result.
To think Danfo was right about those players is more shocking the same people that were singing those players hype now are all wake up.
So likes of Danfo even know how to scout players more than those been paid to do t he job?
Arsenal can be better off if likes of Danfo scout and choose who we sign
assanal fans you people talk too much... when will you people let the football do all the talking
SuperEagles

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Said it before the season began Arsenal would rue the day they summarily dismissed trio of Iwobi, Monreal and Kos.

All were integral players last season, players whose roles were not appreciated, players whose departures were not adequately addressed.

Iwobi far better option t #10 role than any current Gunner, Monreal vastly superior to likes of Kolasinac and Kos vs Luiz or Mustafi is not debatable.

If Arsenal retained all 3 I firmly believe Arsenal are odds on to nick a spot in top 4.

Footballistically these 3 decisions were a back breaker, also penny wise and pound foolish as even Europa league football is unlikely for the Arsenal in the 20/21 campaign.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Chei Football errhhhh.

It's like people get brainwashed or something.

Last week, Man Utd were returning to their past glory. This team is one of the best since the glory days, this team is the most confident since those days etc.

Last night, Man Utd need 5 players to restore it to its past glory.

I'm confused, Which one is it???!!! Football fans and pundits are ridiculous.

It will take time but Arsenal will get there again. We need to realize it took Pool 30 years to win the league again. Well, how patient can we be?

I believe we will be competing again in 4 years or less.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

peron33uk wrote:Chei Football errhhhh.

It's like people get brainwashed or something.

Last week, Man Utd were returning to their past glory. This team is one of the best since the glory days, this team is the most confident since those days etc.

Last night, Man Utd need 5 players to restore it to its past glory.

I'm confused, Which one is it???!!! Football fans and pundits are ridiculous.

It will take time but Arsenal will get there again. We need to realize it took Pool 30 years to win the league again. Well, how patient can we be?

I believe we will be competing again in 4 years or less.
Honestly i see us competing next season if Arteta is still in charge. We are really not far away if you analyze our results carefully. The biggest mistake Arteta made was to change his pre-covid19 lock down system. And that mistake cost us European football.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tunis, the Iwobi, Koscielny, Monreal hypothesis is hard to substantiate. Moreover, it’s challenged somewhat by the failure to achieve that very standard in their last season’s on the roster. As biased as our Afrocentrism mandates, even those rose tinted glasses fail to make a case for Iwobi. 3 goals, 6 assists from 35 appearances, his final body count for Beloved. A goal every 12 games, an assist every 6. One big chance created every 3 and a half games. Not quite the wizard assumed, as Everton have since discovered, 1 goal, zero assists in over 20 games.

Truth is, long before the three musketeers left, there was a pressing need for reinforcements in those very same positions. The squad was crap with their inclusion and has only slid down the Bristol stool chart following their departure. Beloved are light years off the pace and all of Iwobi’s 3 goals and six assists, would’ve made precious little difference. Win ratio of 54%, absolutely, hypothetically that would see Beloved nestled nicely amongst the big boys. One wonders with the omissions of certain players whose contributions are largely a consequence of the aforementioned departures, all would probably find an all too familiar balance.

This side needs more than 3 more spoonfuls of mediocrity. Monreal was 6 out of 10 at worst, 7 at best. Koscielny was a fading warhorse slowly trotting towards a Tesco lasagne. The question needn’t be, what if they were still here, rather, what gas mark for the lasagne? Parmesan signora?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Azu, it depends very much on how heavy the smell of oud in the air. The more Arabian might flexed, the further Beloved falls behind. Newcastle are next in line, Leeds are said to be under construction. Then come the East Asian tigers. Leicester, Wolves, fully expect investment beyond the breeches of Beloved’s wildest dreams. Everton will go in much the same. Needless to say, money buys little more than white elephants, but with each side boasting decent skippers at the helm, it would come as no surprise to find those hides painted grey.

Arteta simply doesn’t have the arsenal both at his disposal nor on his realistically thinking bucket list. Perennial Europa league challengers. 6th becomes the new 4th and we will be strong.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

“As biased as our Afrocentrism mandates, even those rose tinted glasses fail to make a case for Iwobi. 3 goals, 6 assists from 35 appearances, his final body count for Beloved. A goal every 12 games, an assist every 6. One big chance created every 3 and a half games. Not quite the wizard assumed, as Everton have since discovered, 1 goal, zero assists in over 20 games.
Stirrin” up a hornets nest there, mate? :sneaky: