The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by charlie »

Mister Dolly wrote:Aii..I just watched my last Arsenal game of the season. Good luck to the next manager.
Abeg Sgt. Dolly, you are not fooling anyone Ooo. See you this weekend. :taunt: :D
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

I weep for my team.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

What's Ozil complaining about? Mssssssssscheeewwww!!!! :dream:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

cchinukw wrote:What's Ozil complaining about? Mssssssssscheeewwww!!!! :dream:
:rotf: ArsenalFanTV :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

charlie wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:Aii..I just watched my last Arsenal game of the season. Good luck to the next manager.
Abeg Sgt. Dolly, you are not fooling anyone Ooo. See you this weekend. :taunt: :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arsenal is like a lover that makes your heart go gbagam gbagam when you have called it quits. And does it again when you try to give it just one more chance.

You keep coming back for more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Check out this Stat...

Home TeamArsenalAway TeamBrighton
Possession Home49% Away51%
Shots Home12 Away20
Shots on Target Home5 Away9
Corners Home9 Away9

A championship team this team is... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Senator WIRES wrote:
cchinukw wrote:What's Ozil complaining about? Mssssssssscheeewwww!!!! :dream:
:rotf: ArsenalFanTV :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E reach to complain be dat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ojafranpa wrote:I weep for my team.
I've been weeping for close to 10 years and my pain just got progressively worse.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... OAXiQyPFLH

Looking good Freddie!!!

Work it baby! Work it!!!
Last edited by txj on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

It will be a long painful climb back.....the manager tried, so did the players. However the stark reality is we are not good enough at the moment. At this point a lot of hard work is needed, the good thing about the last 2 games is we are trying to do the right things.

Tactically the one thing I did not like today was Torreira vacating the midfield, for me he is a player that should be utilised the way Milan used to deploy Gennarro Gattuso....he should be playing the game in one half of the pitch.

Get on the training pitches lads....
To God be the glory
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Arsenal tí tan... Dem don finish.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Sokratis started the game which means the coach doesn't know what he is doing to begin with.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Relegation a genuine possibility this season.

There is not a single aspect on or off the pitch that is remotely functional at Arsenal, Arsenal on the brink Leeds utd like catastrophe.

Not kidding avoiding relegation is the best Gooners can hope for from 19/20 campaign.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Skylolo wrote:It will be a long painful climb back.....the manager tried, so did the players. However the stark reality is we are not good enough at the moment. At this point a lot of hard work is needed, the good thing about the last 2 games is we are trying to do the right things.

Tactically the one thing I did not like today was Torreira vacating the midfield, for me he is a player that should be utilised the way Milan used to deploy Gennarro Gattuso....he should be playing the game in one half of the pitch.

Knack me tory?

Was it defense? Mid field?

What was the plan? Only Brighton turned up for most parts.

Make I nor use bad word for hia but we were pants. That is putting it erm.....mildly.

bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Arsenal need an owner first. Running a club via remote control doesnt work.
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

The main problem with Arsenal is the board! Until Stan Kroenke is kicked out, Arsenal is going no where.
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Other teams like Newcastle United and Wolves have graced the Championship and come back up again.

I am thinking ahead and preparing for the worst eventuality beacuse it has been evident for years that we were not interested in silverware but the myopic view of a healthy balance sheet and a Champ League qualification.

I saw this coming for years and years. It was evident that we had been punching above our weight for a while.

Now the years of living a lie has come back to haunt us.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

cchinukw wrote:Other teams like Newcastle United and Wolves have graced the Championship and come back up again.

I am thinking ahead and preparing for the worst eventuality beacuse it has been evident for years that we were not interested in silverware but the myopic view of a healthy balance sheet and a Champ League qualification.

I saw this coming for years and years. It was evident that we had been punching above our weight for a while.

Now the years of living a lie has come back to haunt us.
If that team should grace the championship they might become the landlord there, be careful what you wish for Leeds has become the landlord of Oluwalambe Lodge.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

oloye wrote:Arsenal tí tan... Dem don finish.
Ati tan patapata.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Mesut Ozil fumes at Per Mertesacker as he leaves pitch after Arsenal's Brighton loss
Neal Maupay headed home a late winner as Brighton inflicted defeat on Arsenal interim head coach Freddie Ljungberg in his first home game in charge

COMMENTS
ByMatt MaltbySports Journalist
22:52, 5 DEC 2019UPDATED23:05, 5 DEC 2019
SPORT

A fuming Mesut Ozil launched a verbal tirade at assistant manager Per Mertesacker after Arsenal's misery continued with another woeful defeat on Thursday night.

Neal Maupay headed home a late winner as Brighton inflicted defeat on the Gunners' interim head coach Freddie Ljungberg in his first home game in charge.

The 2-1 loss took the Gunners' winless streak to nine matches, their worst run in over 42 years, with Ljungberg unable to oversee an immediate upturn in fortunes.

And, following the game, Ozil appeared to be fuming with the result - and his coaches - as he made his way back to the dressing room.

The German playmaker could be seen pointing and yelling towards the dugout and appeared to be shouting: "Sacker, Sacker, Sacker."

Mesut Ozil was fuming at full-time following Arsenal's defeat (Image: Amazon Prime)
RELATED ARTICLES

Arsenal players "not sure" about Freddie Ljungberg and his message got lost

Arsenal 1-2 Brighton: 5 talking points as lacklustre Gunners beaten by Neal Maupay's winner
Despite Matteo Guendouzi's best attempts to calm the former Real Madrid star down, the Gunners midfielder continued his angry tirade as he headed towards the tunnel.

This video will start in: 0:10

It seems Ozil was venting his frustrations at Mertesacker, the former Gunners captain who is now the interim assistant boss under Ljungberg.

The pair are close pals and memorably won the the 2014 World Cup together with Germany, while they also played together back home with Werder Bremen at the start of their careers.

Matteo Guendouzi attempted to calm the former Real Madrid star down (Image: Amazon Prime)

READ MORE
Arsenal 1-2 Brighton player ratings as Mesut Ozil goes missing at Emirates
And Ozil may have well been taking his anger out on Mertesacker, who called time on his playing career in 2018, following Arsenal's Premier League defeat in north London.

Adam Webster's second goal of the season gave Graham Potter's side a deserved half-time lead with Maupay then turning home in the 80th minute after Alexandre Lacazette had levelled.

The Arsenal hierarchy would have hoped for a reaction to Ljungberg's appointment but, other than a spell after the interval, they were second-best against a Seagulls side which had lost three in a row heading to the Emirates Stadium.

“At half time we said, ‘This is not Arsenal, we have to give it a crack.’” Ljungberg said. “That's what I want to see from them.

“It was tough. We didn't show up in the first half, didn't work hard and want to play. You can't start like that.

Liverpool 5-2 Everton: talking points
“I need to work on that and get confidence back into the boys. It's a concern for any coach, a lack of confidence. We're in a difficult situation, we've lost a lot of games and the confidence has gone down.

“Of course it's disappointing but we've got to keep on going. There was a little bit of a reaction in the second half, but you cannot start games like that.

“We started the game flat with no energy. It's my job to get them to be aggressive and play with energy.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-21036340
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Skylolo wrote:It will be a long painful climb back.....the manager tried, so did the players. However the stark reality is we are not good enough at the moment. At this point a lot of hard work is needed, the good thing about the last 2 games is we are trying to do the right things.

Sky,
No amount of training on the pitch will help with the current manager we need someone technical and sound. My wish would have been for the Kroenke to sell, fire fat Raul and the entire backroom staff, get dean and Wenger in the management to appoint a good manager.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Took the 2/3/4-0 comfortable home wins Wenger produced year on year for granted. Used to rinse these teams at home for fun.