The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by tolahs »

Any of y'all have a link to this match - English translation puleese - i'll take the 2nd half if you ain't got the full match;

Real Madrid 0 vs Arsenal 1 - UCL 2006 full match

Bless & Thanks!!!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28vdkn
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

tolahs wrote:Any of y'all have a link to this match - English translation puleese - i'll take the 2nd half if you ain't got the full match;

Bless & Thanks!!!

Ancient history :boo:

We nor even win cup set :cry:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

cchinukw wrote:
tolahs wrote:Any of y'all have a link to this match - English translation puleese - i'll take the 2nd half if you ain't got the full match;

Bless & Thanks!!!

Watching a lot of old footie matches we won - gotta relive success!!! Ancient to you but i love the feeling i get going back!!! :wink: :smile:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

tolahs wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Bless & Thanks!!!

Watching a lot of old footie matches we won - gotta relive success!!! Ancient to you but i love the feeling i get going back!!! :wink: :smile:
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Was just watching the highlights of the game against Barcelona where Arsenal won 2-1. One of the best performances by arsenal post-highbury.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Bless & Thanks!!!

Was just watching the highlights of the game against Barcelona where Arsenal won 2-1. One of the best performances by arsenal post-highbury.

:clap: :agree:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Unai Emery called me a ‘white witch’ and blamed me for getting him sacked

wat a guan with ex-gaffer!!!? :huh: :sneaky: :winking:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ite-witch/
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

tolahs wrote: Unai Emery called me a ‘white witch’ and blamed me for getting him sacked

So glad we are rid of this clown. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Where is his houseboy sleaky or whatever he calls himself. :roll:
To God be the glory
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Skylolo wrote:
tolahs wrote: Unai Emery called me a ‘white witch’ and blamed me for getting him sacked

So glad we are rid of this clown. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Where is his houseboy sleaky or whatever he calls himself. :roll:
WHILE ...
the world is showing more respect and tolerance in the midst of this horrible pandemic you choose a worthless tabloid article as an opportunity 2 throw out childish insults.
This behavior speaks more 2 the kinda person you are.
I won’t stoop down 2 yer level.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

WHILE ...
the world is showing more respect and tolerance in the midst of this horrible pandemic you choose a worthless tabloid article as an opportunity 2 throw out childish insults.
this guy...
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Wenger's biography which releases in October will make him a billionaire. He will then buy Arsenal from Stan Kroenke. We’re winning it all lads. Arsene Wenger, he's done it again lmao
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Skylolo wrote:

What bearing has this on Emery's helm at the top? :)
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

WHILE ...
Why waste your time to respond to him?
some timeyou read and shake your head move on.We are talking some folks here who wanted Arsenal failed because Wenger was force to leave
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Bless & Thanks!!!

The game that Wilshere make Xavi and Inniesta looks like kid.I have never seen a game where any kid outplayed Xavi and Inniesta in MF.Sad injuries kill one of England finest talent.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

kajifu wrote:
bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Bless & Thanks!!!

The game that Wilshere make Xavi and Inniesta looks like kid.I have never seen a game where any kid outplayed Xavi and Inniesta in MF.Sad injuries kill one of England finest talent.

Gracias mi buen amigo ....
Coming 2 the realization that the payaso and his fellow gilipollas R not worth the oxygen ...
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Ozil oh Ozil. I think we can all just agree that this geezer should be sent to reserves to see out his contract - What a team player! :roll: :roll: :roll: Get rid!!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

SylverEagles wrote:Ozil oh Ozil. I think we can all just agree that this geezer should be sent to reserves to see out his contract - What a team player! :roll: :roll: :roll: Get rid!!
Don't be fooled. Ask why is he being singled out? 7 players were said according to reports to have refused to agree to the pay cut. Now these reduced to 3. And of the 3 why is it only Ozil's name that's being mentioned. I smell blackmail.

It says very bad of the club for such info to be leaked. Very very bad indeed. Whoever leaked that info must be punished and sacked. IMHO.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

SylverEagles wrote:Ozil oh Ozil. I think we can all just agree that this geezer should be sent to reserves to see out his contract - What a team player! :roll: :roll: :roll: Get rid!!

what happened?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
what happened?
Sorry, I assumed everyone knew the story:
Mesut Ozil one of three Arsenal players to reject club's 12.5 per cent pay cut

Mesut Ozil has refused to join Arsenal’s players in taking a 12.5 per cent pay cut.

Ozil, who is the club’s highest earner on £350,000-a-week, has made it clear he may be willing to do it in the future but wanted to see the full financial impact of the coronavirus and did not want to rush into a decision.

It is understood that Ozil is one of three players in the first team squad not to accept the pay cut.

Ozil has made it clear he respects the other players and the group decision - but has urged them to respect his.
More here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-21898043
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

azuka wrote:
Don't be fooled. Ask why is he being singled out? 7 players were said according to reports to have refused to agree to the pay cut. Now these reduced to 3. And of the 3 why is it only Ozil's name that's being mentioned. I smell blackmail.

It says very bad of the club for such info to be leaked. Very very bad indeed. Whoever leaked that info must be punished and sacked. IMHO.
Yes, he is obviously being singled out here and the club really wants to be rid of him but when the team comes together to make a decision for the betterment of the club and the highest earner at the club (with one assist and one goal so far this season to show) decides not to be part of it. That is a rotten apple that needs to be discarded.

How do players earning less than him feel about taking a pay cut to invariably pay his (Ozil) full wages?? The optics are just so bad!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

An Arsenal fan was on another thread 3 days ago ready to murder daniel Levy because levy had the guts to make an offer to Poch, requesitng Poch to reduce his salary -- Poch is an EX EMPLOYEE

Here, Arsenal has asked PRESENT EMPLOYEES to reduce their salaries. 3 refused and Arsenal have leaked it to the press in order to shame these players and pressure them into accepting.

This Arsenal fan is no where to be found. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And people wonder why Arsenal fans are hated around the world? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

SylverEagles wrote:
azuka wrote:

Yes, he is obviously being singled out here and the club really wants to be rid of him but when the team comes together to make a decision for the betterment of the club and the highest earner at the club (with one assist and one goal so far this season to show) decides not to be part of it. That is a rotten apple that needs to be discarded.

How do players earning less than him feel about taking a pay cut to invariably pay his (Ozil) full wages?? The optics are just so bad!
You are being emotional and thats fine, but look at it from Mesut's perspective. This is a job! Mesut is not from North London, London or England. He didnt offer himself the contract. Arsenal did. In fact, when the contract was being negotiated, he didnt hold a gun to Wenger's head of the head of the Arsenal negotiator. Furthermore, when the contract was being negotiated, Arsenal took into consideration, the full circumstances of every and all things that could happen, including bankruptcy. If the tables were turned, will Arsenal five Mesut a 12% increase in salary? Both parties negotiated a deal and both parties were happy with the deal. Its that simple

Secondly, I am shocked that after many decades of watching football, you guys still think players should be loyal to clubs. When last did any club show any loyalty to a player? There is a story of an Ajax boy who collapsed 2 years ago and was in a comma. His contract with Ajax expires in June and Ajax has said they will not renew it because the boy's career is finished. A boy in his early 20s. Do I see anything wrong with Ajax's position from a business perspective? No! They have no contractual obligation to renew the contract. Did you or anyone say anything about Ajax? No! This is not the only case, there are many cases of clubs throwing players into the toilet at the earliest opportunity. Now, you want the players to sacrifice for the club???!!! :lol: :lol: And we are even talking about a player, Mesut, who has been insulted and maltreated by the club, fans and the former manager? You must be having a laugh!

I know Arsenal is your life, but Arsenal is clearly NOT mesut's life. If you like Arsenal that much, please send your salary to them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And for Arsenal to bring this to the media to shame him and force him shows everything you need to know about that horrible club and their values. it will never be well with that club!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:An Arsenal fan was on another thread 3 days ago ready to murder daniel Levy because levy had the guts to make an offer to Poch, requesitng Poch to reduce his salary -- Poch is an EX EMPLOYEE

Here, Arsenal has asked PRESENT EMPLOYEES to reduce their salaries. 3 refused and Arsenal have leaked it to the press in order to shame these players and pressure them into accepting.

This Arsenal fan is no where to be found. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And people wonder why Arsenal fans are hated around the world? :lol:

Is BigPokey now an Arsenal fan? :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... t-18124747
Mesut Ozil pay cut decision raises many uncomfortable questions for Arsenal and Stan Kroenke
Arsenal's best-paid player has rejected the offer of a 12.5% pay cut

Even in such unprecedented times at these Mesut Ozil cannot escape the question of his salary, the giant £350,000-a-week figure that looms over everything he does.

The sporting aspects of Arsenal’s decision - not Ozil’s - to agree to a figure more than one-and-a-half times greater than that which they pay any other player in their squad merit some debate.

Has the over £35million investment Arsenal have made in Ozil since he agreed that contract been money well spent in sporting terms? Arguably not when one considers the raw output of the player, though that was not aided by Unai Emery’s mismanagement.

Has Ozil’s contract - and the deals handed to Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in that same January 2018 window - hindered Arsenal’s financial muscle? Evidently it has when Josh Kroenke eludes to the club having "a Champions League wage bill on a Europa League budget".

These are valid questions, ones that some at Arsenal asked in the months after Ivan Gazidis signed off on that contract. Yet it is once more proving impossible for people to separate Ozil’s earnings from more hazy aspects of morality.

The World Cup winner’s refusal to take a pay cut began on the back pages of today’s newspapers but it was not long before it was transmogrifying into gristle for the Piers Morgan mill. Surely it is only a matter of days before Matt Hancock or another member of the Cabinet wades into the row, demanding Ozil do “play his part”.

Playing his part is something Ozil has been doing for some time now. His contributions to vulnerable children are well publicised, most notably his paying for the operations of 1,000 children around the world and feeding 100,000 individuals at refugee camps in Turkey and Syria.

Jamie Carragher slams Mesut Ozil and explains why Arsenal midfielder should accept wage cut
Equally there is much else that Ozil does without fanfare; he cannot be accused of shirking his social responsibilities in the same way that the more simplistic analyses of his game when he arrived at Arsenal focused on his body language more than his play.

Many of his team-mates are generous with their considerable wealth yet opted to take the 12.5% pay cut that Arsenal proposed. It was a deal agreed by the overwhelming majority of the squad with reports indicating that only two of Ozil’s colleagues joined him in declining the offer for now.

Ozil would absolutely have known what lay in wait for him when news that he rejected the pay cut emerged. Why put himself through the public outcry then?

His agent Dr Erkut Sogut has certainly offered an insight into why it is that players might felt unable to agree to terms such as those Arsenal have on offer.

Speaking on a podcast with The Athletic, published on Monday, Sogut laid out a series of questions in general terms that footballers should be asking their club when they open negotiations over pay cuts or deferrals.

"Players might be interested in a financial presentation explaining, for example, the financial situation of the club, how the percentage was arrived at and what effect such savings will have in stabilising the club and what other measures have the club considered and implemented.

"Will the club reduce or increase its transfer budget for the relevant transfer window, if so by how much? Will the club be capping the salaries of any new signings in order to ensure that such cost savings are not spent on new players?

"Or have the clubs owners invested any capital or been asked to do so? Will the directors and senior management be taking pay reductions, if so in what way? Will the club be seizing all dividend payments to shareholders and if so for what period?

"Once the players have that level of insight they will be able to make an informed choice. Without these details the club are asking the players to take it on trust that they’re acting in the correct way."

All of them are valid questions, not all of them have been answered convincingly so far. The most thorny issue throughout the negotiations with the club was where the 12.5% would go with players wanting to be certain that their sacrifice would ensure that their colleagues in non-playing departments aren’t required to cut their wages or go on furlough.

The £20million Arsenal will save from the wage cuts will ensure that is the case but will the rest go simply to shore up holes in the club finances? If so ought it not be the responsibility of ownership?

The status of Bukayo Saka's Arsenal contract talks as rivals circle Gunners prospect
Kroenke Sports and Entertainment are offering financial guarantees which are understood to increase the financial flexibility with which Arsenal can operate. Whether that is the same as a direct investment of capital remains unclear.

Sogut also went on to question, seemingly less indirectly than before, the manner in which Arsenal had allowed these negotiations to occur. Whilst a collective pay cut inevitably requires collective debate and decisions one might ask whether the reported Whatsapp poll of a tick or cross is really the right way to make such a significant decision.

Mikel Arteta’s role in the talks is also up for question. football.london understands that he and Hector Bellerin played a crucial role in uniting a squad who rejected the offer just a week ago, would any of the players feel under undue pressure to back the deal after their head coach urged them to do so.

Arsenal may yet have convincing answers for all these questions. They have already answered some with the 12-man executive team giving up a third of their wages for the next 12 months. Equally there have been significant steps taken to control costs elsewhere with marketing expenditure and capital investment largely halted during the coronavirus pandemic.

It is also worth noting that whatever questions the other players and their advisors have were eminently answered convincingly enough for them to agree.

Should Ozil receive the right answers to the questions Sogut laid out above then he may yet change his mind. It is important to note that the offer remains on the table for him and anyone else who has not yet accepted it.

In the meantime Ozil is entitled to take his time to understand what the best use of £43,750-a-week before tax is without having Morgan, Jamie Carragher and likely dozens of commentators debate his every action.

He is in a position to ask questions that many others in football and elsewhere are not. For many pay cuts are not a matter for discussion but a reality that is imposed on them, which goes some way to explaining why this has swiftly become such an emotive issue for so many.

Still there is no need to be emotionally invested in his pay. At a time when Arsenal’s rivals have been caught rushing to the government’s furlough scheme with what might appear to be undue haste it is valuable that someone like Ozil asks these questions.

After all, wealthy as he may be in comparison to his team-mates let alone the general public, he is not the great financial power at Arsenal.