The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by maceo4 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Thunder wrote:I know it’s only one game, it’s now quite obvious why Real Madrid did not include a buyout option in Dani Ceballo’s contract. The kid is good!

we can put a Ceballos mask on Ozil and send him to Real Madrid…
Don't even think about it! :curse:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:For all the positives, there remains a very concerning negative. We conceded 13 shots today in the box to a very average team. If that does not change Emery will not be here much longer.
Take the win, also one must can concede a lot of new faces and a lot of key absentees, cohesion and chemistry nowhere near optimal level but...my word did the Arsenal ever make hard work of that. Inability to handle simple balls over the top or simple crosses into space, on top of that Arsenal passing out from 18 yard box led to near disaster on quite a few occasions.

Again I know early days but Arsenal again leaning far too much on moments of individual brilliance attack wise i.e Auba, Ceballos and last ditch desperation defenselessly. Collective improvement on both ends vital.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Wait assnal won?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Wait assnal won?
They aren't Chelsea so yes.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Thunder wrote:I know it’s only one game, it’s now quite obvious why Real Madrid did not include a buyout option in Dani Ceballo’s contract. The kid is good!

Might work for Barca but not Real. He used to play there remember? They'll sniff him out the moment he steps off the plane.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

theYemster wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Might work for Barca but not Real. He used to play there remember? They'll sniff him out the moment he steps off the plane.
The only card for Arsenal to play is to launch a charm offensive now....both with the player and his agent. Yesterday was a good start......make him feel wanted here....at real Madrid he was just a player with potential....and if he starts feeling like a key figure in this team....hopefully he will ask real Madrid to sanction a permanent transfer. If the rumours are true that Real Madrid wants to sign Pogba/eriksen/van de beek.....then arsenal have a very very slight chance of signing him...they have failed to jettison Bale and James. If they do make any signings......neymar or one of those three....they need money to balance the books....those are the only scenarios arsenal might have a chance to sign him.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:
kajifu wrote:
elerineye wrote:VAR sweet o... :thumbs:
No be small,now we are ahead of city in the table. A win next week and we are fine...
:rotf: :rotf: you're like a kid in a candy shop. Of course you're ahead of City. You had to go and read the result against Burnley on BBC. If you think Burnley scare you, wait until you face City or Pool.
Second game of the season and you're already waiving the "we are ahead" flag. Mssshhheeww
Abeg let me enjoy this one week lead,i know it's not gonna last but if I mean big IF we beat pool and you guys some how just some how we are in dream land for some time.I will enjoy this ahead before pool beat us next week as we might never get ahead of them again
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

kajifu wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
kajifu wrote:
elerineye wrote:VAR sweet o... :thumbs:
No be small,now we are ahead of city in the table. A win next week and we are fine...
:rotf: :rotf: you're like a kid in a candy shop. Of course you're ahead of City. You had to go and read the result against Burnley on BBC. If you think Burnley scare you, wait until you face City or Pool.
Second game of the season and you're already waiving the "we are ahead" flag. Mssshhheeww
Abeg let me enjoy this one week lead,i know it's not gonna last but if I mean big IF we beat pool and you guys some how just some how we are in dream land for some time.I will enjoy this ahead before pool beat us next week as we might never get ahead of them again
Baba do you. I no blame you o jare. Anybody that has a problem with it, na their selenge be that. Fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

With all due respect, I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "Relying on moments of individual brilliance".
Both goals by Auba and Laca are the types of goals Arsenal needs to create more of. Hustle, efforts, perseverance and skill.
Personally, I want to see Auba score more goals from outside the box. We have too little of those and want to walk the ball into the net.
I want us to win more balls in the opponents 1/3 of the field, which is what pressure should accomplish. While everyone was happy about Dani skills, I applauded his hustle more.
He covered space quickly and with intend. Contrary to others I won't name here, who only go through motions.
Laca showed effort, resilience. More of that please and not only from Laca, but all the players.
Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:For all the positives, there remains a very concerning negative. We conceded 13 shots today in the box to a very average team. If that does not change Emery will not be here much longer.
Take the win, also one must can concede a lot of new faces and a lot of key absentees, cohesion and chemistry nowhere near optimal level but...my word did the Arsenal ever make hard work of that. Inability to handle simple balls over the top or simple crosses into space, on top of that Arsenal passing out from 18 yard box led to near disaster on quite a few occasions.

Again I know early days but Arsenal again leaning far too much on moments of individual brilliance attack wise i.e Auba, Ceballos and last ditch desperation defenselessly. Collective improvement on both ends vital.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

bepanda wrote:With all due respect, I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "Relying on moments of individual brilliance".
Both goals by Auba and Laca are the types of goals Arsenal needs to create more of. Hustle, efforts, perseverance and skill.
Personally, I want to see Auba score more goals from outside the box. We have too little of those and want to walk the ball into the net.
I want us to win more balls in the opponents 1/3 of the field, which is what pressure should accomplish. While everyone was happy about Dani skills, I applauded his hustle more.
He covered space quickly and with intend. Contrary to others I won't name here, who only go through motions.
Laca showed effort, resilience. More of that please and not only from Laca, but all the players.
Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

I said attack in a holistic sense, just as last season Arsenal have yet to impose their will over a sustained period. Frankly on and off the ball Arsenal have been sloppy. Should not confuse sublime goals by Auba or man of the match effort by Ceballos as example of Arsenal overall quality. Again for the most part on and off the ball the Arsenal have been mostly sloppy and frankly took advantage of two very limited opponents, be it quality, efficiency and tactical flexibility both Burnley and Newcastle are if one is being kind quite ordinary.
Detective Bunk Moreland

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@TG with all due respect give credit to the boys and stop this lies about Burnley and New castle are quite ordinary.
1)We play away to Newcastle that has new manager,you don't know what to exp-ect from them with their fans behind them and you think its going to be an easy game?
2)Same New castle that beat City at their ground last time?
3)Burnley is not average, we always struggle against them,with their inform striker and you think its going to be easy?
4)Burnley won their first game i think 3-0.
5)Arsenal missing key players in this first 2 games.
6)Spurs struggle to beat Aston Villa,no easy game.
7)Liverpool have struggle in their first two games to collect 6 points.
9)Our defense issue of last year is a big concern was never even look upon.
10)This team can get us good results come saturday but but make i no lie i am shaking as i dont trust emery selection on away games any more.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people how can we get a good result come Saturday?Playing European champion away after what they did to us and Barca last time.God help emery and the boys,we want to compete.
Also i have watch both Liverpool games,i think its the bets time to play them,their keeper look suspect the guy from West Ham.
How will you want the team line up?Where Ohenhen and oga Danfo to give us idea how Emery can line us to get a good result?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is an uphill task but anything is possible. Will have to play better defensively.

Leno
Niles, Sokratis, Luis, Monreal
Torrera, Ozil, Xhaka
Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, predictably, Liverpool will be set in a 4-3-3, the midfield will more than likely be Wjinaldum, Fabinho, Henderson; with either of the latter two (or both), stepping aside for Milner, Alex Ohsee or Naby Keita. The fullbacks will fly forward, with a defensive block, either a 2-2 or 2-3. Aggressive press, like a city slicker at an ironing board with 2 minutes before his Uber arrives.

Its crucial to stop or at least attempt to stop, TAA and Andy Robertson. Width is key in the attacking third, isolate the fullbacks and force them to defend, an achilles heel for both. Irony being, as far as defence be concerned, Arsenal are achilles heel and twisted ankle.

Would go with a modified 4-4-2 and a bit of thought in the positional play.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is an uphill task but anything is possible. Will have to play better defensively.

Leno
Torrera, Ozil, Xhaka
Ha starting Ozil that has not play any minutes from the first 2 games?

What is going on with Lucas Torrera?He has been average from his bright start last year...
Secondly i doubt Emery will start Pepe.Laca and Auba all 3 same time....
We have to control the MF, to stop passes getting to their danger 3 man attack
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Not the game for Heinrch Potter, unless the team is set up to allow for his indulgences. Would concentrate on Liverpool's right side and defend the left stoically. TAA needs to be isolated, Ribery gave him hell at the tender age, this should be well within the capability of Oga Peperempe. Over on their left, Mane is a big problem and shouldn't be allowed to be part of an overlap.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:@TG with all due respect give credit to the boys and stop this lies about Burnley and New castle are quite ordinary.
1)We play away to Newcastle that has new manager,you don't know what to exp-ect from them with their fans behind them and you think its going to be an easy game?
3)Burnley is not average, we always struggle against them,with their inform striker and you think its going to be easy?
10)This team can get us good results come saturday but but make i no lie i am shaking as i dont trust emery selection on away games any more.
1. Steve Bruce is not a new manger, he is a dinosaur, utterly predictable manager who only has job because Mike Ashley is as carpet bagger owner.

2. Newcastle will be in relegation battle this season.

3. Burnley have finished 15th and 16th in 2 of the last 3 PL seasons.

4. Arsenal need to make a leap this season, no more excuses, Emery had squad at his disposal to push Arsenal well past the annual 70-75 point haul.

5. I am beyond weary of piss poor play off the ball and robotic play on the ball. I know it's early days but PL is unforgiving, either you have your stuff buttoned up or you will pay the price, just ask Frank Lampard.
Detective Bunk Moreland

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:@Kaji, predictably, Liverpool will be set in a 4-3-3, the midfield will more than likely be Wjinaldum, Fabinho, Henderson; with either of the latter two (or both), stepping aside for Milner, Alex Ohsee or Naby Keita. The fullbacks will fly forward, with a defensive block, either a 2-2 or 2-3. Aggressive press, like a city slicker at an ironing board with 2 minutes before his Uber arrives.

Its crucial to stop or at least attempt to stop, TAA and Andy Robertson. Width is key in the attacking third, isolate the fullbacks and force them to defend, an achilles heel for both. Irony being, as far as defence be concerned, Arsenal are achilles heel and twisted ankle.

Would go with a modified 4-4-2 and a bit of thought in the positional play.
Oga coach who will be in beloved defense in this tough away game?In a 442 who will start in your MF and which two striker you will go for?
Those their full back are key in this game stopping them flying forward.It will be physical we have to stop them playing their game and not sit deep welcome pressure.
Your prediction?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:@TG with all due respect give credit to the boys and stop this lies about Burnley and New castle are quite ordinary.
1. Steve Bruce is not a new manger, he is a dinosaur, utterly predictable manager who only has job because Mike Ashley is as carpet bagger owner.

2. Newcastle will be in relegation battle this season.

3. Burnley have finished 15th and 16th in 2 of the last 3 PL seasons.

4. Arsenal need to make a leap this season, no more excuses, Emery had squad at his disposal to push Arsenal well past the annual 70-75 point haul.

5. I am beyond weary of piss poor play off the ball and robotic play on the ball. I know it's early days but PL is unforgiving, either you have your stuff buttoned up or you will pay the price, just ask Frank Lampard.
Hmmm TG
1)First game you cant just be sure with our available players,so take 3 points run.
2)A lot of teams will be in relegation but give hard times to other teams.Southamptom give Liverpool a tougher time .

3)Yes but its never been easily for us even during Wenger time.I say take the win move on and adjust.

4)Arsenal will be tough to beat and i think we will compete for the league title.

5)Emery likely have learn from last season or he will be gone come june next year.He is better than Lampard.

TG i think we will do a good job this season than last year.Lets pray but i don dey shake ooooh thinking of us coming against Salah,Mane's ,Fabinho.Chai i prefer we face Suarez and Messi oooh. :roll: :roll:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

B4 one comments of the result vs Burnley - it'll help to clarify things as we understood them vis-à-vis RVP who told BT Sports he wasn't offered a contract - a little convenient with Gazidis & AW out of the picture. Not meaning to relitigate the matter but just to put a link out there spelling out how it was:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/18712651
--------------------------------------------------------

As for our team performances so far, i agree with all those on here & elsewhere who keep pointing out our backline needs to be shielded - & in my opinion LT needs to be called up - If Dani gets to seat by him - he's going to have to pass a quicker ball for Liverpool & Spurs don't do spectatorship.
If Auba plays wide, expect him to have to track back helping FB - that's the conundrum for Arsenal. Pepe's struggling to catch the rhythm of the league.
I blame our coaching staff for not drilling Leno in aerial balls - really shaky on those
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:B4 one comments of the result vs Burnley - it'll help to clarify things as we understood them vis-à-vis RVP who told BT Sports he wasn't offered a contract - a little convenient with Gazidis & AW out of the picture. Not meaning to relitigate the matter but just to put a link out there spelling out how it was:
--------------------------------------------------------

As for our team performances so far, i agree with all those on here & elsewhere who keep pointing out our backline needs to be shielded - & in my opinion LT needs to be called up - If Dani gets to seat by him - he's going to have to pass a quicker ball for Liverpool & Spurs don't do spectatorship.
If Auba plays wide, expect him to have to track back helping FB - that's the conundrum for Arsenal. Pepe's struggling to catch the rhythm of the league.
I blame our coaching staff for not drilling Leno in aerial balls - really shaky on those
You don add shake shake on me ooooh.How can our coach not see the big problem?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is an uphill task but anything is possible. Will have to play better defensively.

Leno
Torrera, Ozil, Xhaka

A rusty Ozil in a road game vs the Scousers in which U claim we need defensive solidity? Sorry but I dnt follow ur train of thought here
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

tolahs wrote:B4 one comments of the result vs Burnley - it'll help to clarify things as we understood them vis-à-vis RVP who told BT Sports he wasn't offered a contract - a little convenient with Gazidis & AW out of the picture. Not meaning to relitigate the matter but just to put a link out there spelling out how it was:

RVP should give it a rest.

If AW wanted RVP gone he would not have sold him to Man Utd. Like Sanchez the Dutchmen tossed his toys out of the pram & strong armed his way to Old Trafford.

RVP thought SAF would stay @ man utd forever, he would win title after title, end up a Man Utd legend. "Instead SAF retired off after 1 season. Now like Sanchez MR.RVP must accept his fate, both tossed away their chance to be Arsenal legends, both must now & forever accpet they are football nomads.
Detective Bunk Moreland