The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Nkume wrote:Emeribe is not a serious case. He needs to go, even if he wins the Europa league.
Baba you never get over say Oga don go. Even me sef don accept fate. Let support the new sheriff in town baba...Arsenal will be good for it. :D
My comment has nothing to do with Wenger. Emeribe is not good enough. Period!
Compared with who?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Nkume wrote:Emeribe is not a serious case. He needs to go, even if he wins the Europa league.
Baba you never get over say Oga don go. Even me sef don accept fate. Let support the new sheriff in town baba...Arsenal will be good for it. :D
Compared with who?
Klop, Pep, The guy at RB, any bloody attack minded coach.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Compared with who?
You are missing out the solid foundation those guys inherited from their predecessors.

City were already winning the league titles when Pep took over. They had traction.

Liverpool were title challengers when Brendan was sacked. He was sacked for merely not winning the title. Liverpool had more ambition than qualifying for CL top 4! Do you understand that?

They were already Premier League rivals before Klopp took over the helm at Liverpool. Let that sink in for a moment.

How about Poch? He took over when Totttenham were languishing in 6th position with 69 points. In his first season in charge Tottenham were in 5th with 64 points before finishing next season as 3rd below Arsenal.

When Emery took over, not only were we languishing in 6th place (a flattering state of affairs), we also had a squad which needed to be almost completely overhauled. Add to that the fact the owner was unwilling to spend to match the ambition of the coach. This was after Arsenal had finished in 2nd place in the season before that. So who do you blame for that?

If you think that the rot that crept into Arsenal over time could be eradicated in two seasons - well, goodluck with that.

This coach has started the rebuilding process and has achieved miracles with the squad and spending available.

And when you mention an attack minded coach, I really have to ask respectfully if you watched the entire match vs Tottenham otherwise I will just end the discussion there as it is pointless taking that accusation up with anyone who merely based assessment on Match of the Day highlights.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

So how come Arsenal drops from 2nd position in the League to 5th in just one season?

Is that not a fact more worthy of introspection?

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote:
I understand the post Wenger blues. There is no other explanation for why you would want him sacked if he wins us the most important silverware in 15 years!
This is someone who wanted Arsenal to failed to say I TOLD YOU SO when you let Wenger go.
He need to let go that Wenger last few years he was poor and rightly forced out.There is a reason no one is picking him up,i mean no big club.We were told when he leave we will be fighting to stay in the league.As bad as Emery is he did better than Wenger last year incharge.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Robbynice wrote:
KPOM x2 FACTS NOT FEELINGS
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote:So how come Arsenal drops from 2nd position in the League to 5th in just one season?

Arsenal finishing second should not fool you,we are the only team that finish second but never in the race for title even when likes of City,Manu,Chelsea or having off season.
Under Wemger post Emirate even if you give us Messi,Ronaldo,Ramos Hazard etc we will not still finish as league leaders.
Wenger was on 10 million a year,has control of his team was the longest manager in a job still cant put a team together to compete.I mean Leicester cack the tinkerman after win them their first evenr league but Arsenal want to continue with failure who cover for his friend.Emery has done well even though he is average coach.
The good thing that happen for us was to let Wenger go respectfully.His time was long over due.We all have alot of respect for the man what he did to the club and will welcome him to Emirate the day he come to watch a game.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:
cchinukw wrote:So how come Arsenal drops from 2nd position in the League to 5th in just one season?

Arsenal finishing second should not fool you,we are the only team that finish second but never in the race for title even when likes of City,Manu,Chelsea or having off season.
Under Wemger post Emirate even if you give us Messi,Ronaldo,Ramos Hazard etc we will not still finish as league leaders.
Wenger was on 10 million a year,has control of his team was the longest manager in a job still cant put a team together to compete.I mean Leicester cack the tinkerman after win them their first evenr league but Arsenal want to continue with failure who cover for his friend.Emery has done well even though he is average coach.
The good thing that happen for us was to let Wenger go respectfully.His time was long over due.We all have alot of respect for the man what he did to the club and will welcome him to Emirate the day he come to watch a game.
True Kajifu. The wider point is that the success of the top teams are an agglomeration of lots of factors.

The best coaches can spot those factors before they take over a club. They are able to assess the clubs ambitions from those factors.

Given Arsenal's reverse in fortunes after crashing out of the CL before Emery took over plus the abysmal state of the squad and contracts, it is unrealistic for us to expect Arsenal to be rebuilt in 2 seasons. A realistic expectation is 3 years to get back into the top 4 and that is hoping too that the owners and management continue to match that ambition with action in the transfer market.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The same set of assanal CE spammers are the ones posting here like they have nothing going on in their day to day activities other than a club wey no send them
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Compared with who?
You are missing out the solid foundation those guys inherited from their predecessors.

City were already winning the league titles when Pep took over. They had traction.

Liverpool were title challengers when Brendan was sacked. He was sacked for merely not winning the title. Liverpool had more ambition than qualifying for CL top 4! Do you understand that?

They were already Premier League rivals before Klopp took over the helm at Liverpool. Let that sink in for a moment.

How about Poch? He took over when Totttenham were languishing in 6th position with 69 points. In his first season in charge Tottenham were in 5th with 64 points before finishing next season as 3rd below Arsenal.

When Emery took over, not only were we languishing in 6th place (a flattering state of affairs), we also had a squad which needed to be almost completely overhauled. Add to that the fact the owner was unwilling to spend to match the ambition of the coach. This was after Arsenal had finished in 2nd place in the season before that. So who do you blame for that?

If you think that the rot that crept into Arsenal over time could be eradicated in two seasons - well, goodluck with that.

This coach has started the rebuilding process and has achieved miracles with the squad and spending available.

And when you mention an attack minded coach, I really have to ask respectfully if you watched the entire match vs Tottenham otherwise I will just end the discussion there as it is pointless taking that accusation up with anyone who merely based assessment on Match of the Day highlights.
Liverpool had a solid foundation? A team that had not won a trophy since Gerard Houlier? Plus Pelegrini and Manchini had talented but often chaotic Shity teams.

Languishing in 6th place? We finished there with the highest number of points ever, 72. We had just won 3 FA cups in 5 years and had reached the league cup final, beating Chelski over 2 legs, and reached the Europa Semis. With a little luck, we should have won that Semi and the cup. SO biko explain Languishing. Now Remember, I am NOT saying Wenger should have stayed. I have said it here before that he stayed 1 season too long. I am saying that Emeribe is NOT an Arsenal coach.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:Liverpool had a solid foundation? A team that had not won a trophy since Gerard Houlier? Plus Pelegrini and Manchini had talented but often chaotic Shity teams.

Languishing in 5th place? We finished there with the highest number of points ever, 72. We had just won 3 FA cups in 5 years and had reached the league cup final, beating Chelski over 2 legs, and reached the Europa Semis. With a little luck, we should have won that Semi and the cup. SO biko explain Languishing. Now Remember, I am NOT saying Wenger should have stayed. I have said it here before that he stayed 1 season too long. I am saying that Emeribe is NOT an Arsenal coach.
Are you for real Oga Nkume?Why do you like to tell lies?

1)Lies we never finish there with highest number of points in 5th,Emery had more points in 5th than Wenger last season.You lie again.
2)We never beat Chelsea back to back in the league,you lie again,they beat us at the bridge.
3)We failed to beat 10 man A.Madrid in Europa semi,yet you asking for little luck? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You cant win semi and you want to win final.When last Wenger win final in Europe?
4)You lie again you wanted Wenger stay and was hurt he was ship.Nothing wrong for admitting you were wrong,we all learn every day.
5)Emery might not be Arsenal coach material but he has done better than the last two season before him.He is an average manager that was hype by some here but i will give him chance.After this season if he did not finish top 4th and push for the title then he should leave.Thank God he sign just 2 year contract.Stop hate the man that has done nothing wrong because he took Wenger job.
Finally we will go after those guys milking the club and not investing,Wenger help them so much by covering their mess.The owner need to watch out before he get kick out.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Compared with who?

They were already Premier League rivals before their Klopp took over the helm at Liverpool. Let that sink in for a moment.

Liverpool had a solid foundation? A team that had not won a trophy since Gerard Houlier? Plus Pelegrini and Manchini had talented but often chaotic Shity teams.

Languishing in 6th place? We finished there with the highest number of points ever, 72. We had just won 3 FA cups in 5 years and had reached the league cup final, beating Chelski over 2 legs, and reached the Europa Semis. With a little luck, we should have won that Semi and the cup. SO biko explain Languishing. Now Remember, I am NOT saying Wenger should have stayed. I have said it here before that he stayed 1 season too long. I am saying that Emeribe is NOT an Arsenal coach.

1)Lies we never finish there with highest number of points in 5th,Emery had more points in 5th than Wenger last season.You lie again.
2)We never beat Chelsea back to back in the league,you lie again,they beat us at the bridge.
3)We failed to beat 10 man A.Madrid in Europa semi,yet you asking for little luck? You cant win semi and you want to win final.When last Wenger win final in Europe?
4)You lie again you wanted Wenger stay and was hurt he was ship.Nothing wrong for admitting you were wrong,we all learn every day.
5)Emery might not be Arsenal coach material but he has done better than the last two season before him.He is an average manager that was hype by some here but i will give him chance.After this season if he did not finish top 4th and push for the title then he should leave.Thank God he sign just 2 year contract.Stop hate the man that has done nothing wrong because he took Wenger job.
Finally we will go after those guys milking the club and not investing,Wenger help them so much by covering their mess.The owner need to watch out before he get kick out.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:My comment has nothing to do with Wenger. Emeribe is not good enough. Period!
Compared with who?

They were already Premier League rivals before their Klopp took over the helm at Liverpool. Let that sink in for a moment.

3)We failed to beat 10 man A.Madrid in Europa semi,yet you asking for little luck? You cant win semi and you want to win final.When last Wenger win final in Europe?
1. Go and look at our points in Wenger's second to last season, the first time we finished 5th.
2. We beat Chelsea in the 2 leg semifinal to reach the league cup final in Wenger's last season.
3. Yes luck. How did Athleti get the crucial away goal? Was it not a miracle we only scored 1 goal at home? Where we not unlucky NOT to have Auba after selling Giroud, to depend on an injury hit Laca? So yes, LUCK.
4. I have said it on multiple occasions that Wenger stayed one season too long, and I hoped he had resigned after winning the FA cup and finishing 5th for the first time.
5. ... :mad:

Look, if you will not do your homework, then don't comment on my posts. I am still very upset on your claims on Virgil Van Dyke, and now you accuse me of telling lies, and counter me with rubbish. Please let this be the last, as I do not have the time to be correcting you.
Last edited by Nkume on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bigpokey24 wrote:The same set of assanal CE spammers are the ones posting here like they have nothing going on in their day to day activities other than a club wey no send them
How many times have i PM you to let beloved be?Biko easy its international break,alot of things to talk about Chelsea .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:The same set of assanal CE spammers are the ones posting here like they have nothing going on in their day to day activities other than a club wey no send them
How many times have i PM you to let beloved be?Biko easy its international break,alot of things to talk about Chelsea .
[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Compared with who?

Liverpool already had a solid foundation of being primed for the CL. They were runners up the previous season before Klopp took charge. Are you denying this?

Arsenal were 2nd place 2 seasons before Emery became coach. The season preceding his debut, Arsenal capitulated and fell to 6th place.

My position is simple as you mentioned 2 coaches in Pep and Klopp for the comparison. The seed for their tenure had been sown in previous seasons before they took the helm.

a) City squad were already winning Premier League titles with Roberto Mancini and Manuel Pellegrini.

b) Liverpool were already a title contender finishing 2nd the season before Klopp took over.

c) Tottenham progressively went from 6th before Poch's era to 5th in hos first season and then 3rd. In that order.

d) By contrast, Wenger bequeathed Emery a Europa League squad which was very very weak. This was compounded by a complicated contract position across the board and high expectations.

What were you expecting him to do? Make top 4? Well he almost did inspite of the quality of players at our disposal.

Then you go on to mention the nonsense about an attack minded coach. :lol: :lol: I don't know what you were going on about there. :laugh:

Are you sure about your claim that Liverpool hadn't won a trophy since Gerrard Houlier? Do you even know what you are talking about? :lol: :lol: :lol:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote: Go and read what the Barca President said about him after losing a 4-0 lead over Barca and you will understand why. "Settled team" in the same sentence with Emery? I pray ooooo
People keep bringing up this Barca loss. Since you did though, I have to ask, how many CL trophies has PSG won since Emery left the club? :roll:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Robbynice wrote:

Babs looking and acting the part :clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@MKume my guy no vex
Arsenal finish 6th before Emery took over with 63 points,Emery first season he finish 5th 72 point,that is 9 more points than Wenger.Get to Europa final,some thing Wenger could not do playing a man advantage the previous year.
Oga Nkume doesn't know about Liverpool for you to claim they last won a trophy since Gerrard Houllier,when i say you lie you go start vex.May be you just don't know.
Emery finish last season in a better position than Wenger last season that he took over from Wenger.You never want Wenger to go but you are judging emery who is trying to clean the mess of Wenger.Is Emery a good coach,some will say yes ,he won 3 straight Europa.No one has ever done that,I don't rate him but its fresh air having him than Wenger.
Emery will not last at Arsenal since he is average.The is a reason PSG let him go after two season.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote: Go and read what the Barca President said about him after losing a 4-0 lead over Barca and you will understand why. "Settled team" in the same sentence with Emery? I pray ooooo
People keep bringing up this Barca loss. Since you did though, I have to ask, how many CL trophies has PSG won since Emery left the club? :roll:
Bro keep basking in the euphoria of Wenger leaving. I hope by the time you wake up and realize Emery is Arsenal's version of The Chosen One, Moyes of Man U we wont be struggling to be in the top 10.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:@MKume my guy no vex
Arsenal finish 6th before Emery took over with 63 points,Emery first season he finish 5th 72 point,that is 9 more points than Wenger.Get to Europa final,some thing Wenger could not do playing a man advantage the previous year.
Oga Nkume doesn't know about Liverpool for you to claim they last won a trophy since Gerrard Houllier,when i say you lie you go start vex.May be you just don't know.
Emery finish last season in a better position than Wenger last season that he took over from Wenger.You never want Wenger to go but you are judging emery who is trying to clean the mess of Wenger.Is Emery a good coach,some will say yes ,he won 3 straight Europa.No one has ever done that,I don't rate him but its fresh air having him than Wenger.
Emery will not last at Arsenal since he is average.The is a reason PSG let him go after two season.
God bless you. So that was actually 2 years of regressive performance from a situation where we were Premier League runners up.

Short memories indeed.