The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Ages since Gooners have witnessed such a professional away display from the Arsenal.

Well done lads.
:clap: :clap: :clap: If we win Tuesday we might just be 6 points behind Leicester and we can finish 5th if we keep win our games
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Ages since Gooners have witnessed such a professional away display from the Arsenal.

Well done lads.
:clap: :clap: :clap: If we win Tuesday we might just be 6 points behind Leicester and we can finish 5th if we keep win our games

Think of 6th. Man U are playing possessed right now.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

kajifu wrote:

Well done lads.
Take it easy bro ....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Well done lads.

Think of 6th. Man U are playing possessed right now.
I’ll see how possessed they R when they actually play a quality squad and beat em.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mikel Arteta has won me over. The team has improved a lot and will only get better. This is not the time to be cheap Stan Kroenke. We don't any more attacking players, the players in attack is good enough for now. What the club need is another ball winning central midfielder to compliment Xhaka. Seat Guendouzi and Toreria on the bench. Continue to develop Guendouzi by playing him in cup competitions and hope he comes good. We need at least 1 more central defender that can start to compliment Saliba in the starting role. Luiz is not coming back. Mustaffi is on way out. I have no idea what is happening with Sokratis. Maybe Sokratis is back. Arsenal future looks bright. We have up and coming talent like Saka. Even We are not even talking about Martineli and the arrival of Saliba. Even Belerin has improved under Arteta. Our 2nd choice GK is fantastic. Arsenal is progressing well. We are about 2 or 3 years way from challenging for the EPL. What we need is for the progress to continue. We need vital pieces in central defense and midfield.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We can lineup like this next season.

Lets say Arsenal signs Thomas Partey and Upamecaco

----------------------------------------Leno----------------------------------------------------

----------------Saliba-----------------Upamecaco------------------Sokratis------------------

------Belerin-----------------Partey--------------Xhaka----------------------Saka or Thierney----

------------Pepe--------------------------Lacazete-------------------Aubameyang-----------

This squad will challenge next season. Can then take the next step to win the title the following season. Ozil can come in for either Xhaka or Partey if we need to be more offensive minded.

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

ohenhen1 wrote:We can lineup like this next season.

----------------------------------------Leno----------------------------------------------------

----------------Saliba-----------------Upamecaco------------------Sokratis------------------

------Belerin-----------------Partey--------------Xhaka----------------------Saka or Thierney----

------------Pepe--------------------------Lacazete-------------------Aubameyang-----------

This squad will challenge next season. Can then take the next step to win the title the following season. Ozil can come in for either Xhaka or Partey if we need to be more offensive minded.
Sokratis that is not starting now. You are delusional.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ojafranpa wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:We can lineup like this next season.

Sokratis that is not starting now. You are delusional.
Sokratis or whoever, maybe Kolisinac in that 3 man defense.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Perspective. Brilliant away result in what was, in truth, a tremendously poor game of football. Highlight of the game was seeing a synchronised back five during a Wolves attack. So disjointed has been the defensive line throughout the season, one wouldn’t far off assuming their arrangement an advertisement for social distancing.

As far as next season is concerned, this squad, even with the likely bargain basement acquisitions, will be amongst the chasing pack of irrelevants. In brutal honesty, Beloved is where the deliberate plunder and pillage promised to take her. Arteta may offer a veganised version of Guardiola, but Guardiola he is not, nor does he have a fraction of his arsenal, pardon the pun. City, Liverpool, United will all strengthen accordingly. Chelsea much the same. The likes of Everton and even new money Newcastle, are icebergs in the water. Without heavy investment, ours will be middle-England, the nothingness of 6-10th.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Sleaky72 wrote:No
Pepe
Guendo
Ozil

In the Gameday lineup.

If anyone’s got the info
on why Arteta wants ta
start Dani N Xhaka against
a tricky, nimble and pressing
midfield of Wolves, please kindly
share with the rest uv us.
Interesting
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Arsenal in the Premier League in 2020:

Only Liverpool (31) have managed more points than Arsenal (25, level with Man City).

Only Man City (27) & Man United (24) have scored more than Arsenal (23).

Only Man City (10) & Man United (10) have conceded less than Arsenal (11).
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Coach wrote:Perspective. Brilliant away result in what was, in truth, a tremendously poor game of football. Highlight of the game was seeing a synchronised back five during a Wolves attack. So disjointed has been the defensive line throughout the season, one wouldn’t far off assuming their arrangement an advertisement for social distancing.

As far as next season is concerned, this squad, even with the likely bargain basement acquisitions, will be amongst the chasing pack of irrelevants. In brutal honesty, Beloved is where the deliberate plunder and pillage promised to take her. Arteta may offer a veganised version of Guardiola, but Guardiola he is not, nor does he have a fraction of his arsenal, pardon the pun. City, Liverpool, United will all strengthen accordingly. Chelsea much the same. The likes of Everton and even new money Newcastle, are icebergs in the water. Without heavy investment, ours will be middle-England, the nothingness of 6-10th.
The key to next season is for Arsenal to address their areas of weakness and not go for bargain buys. If the club strengthens the defense and midfield. The club will be amongst the chasing pack of relevants. But history has taught us to expect Cheap Stan to go for bargain buys and not strengthen the team.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Take any win by hook or by crook.

Suffice to say Arteta facing an arduous task to right the ship.
Doing a fine job in the circumstances. It also reminds me of when George Graham first took charge at Arsenal. He set out to get rid of every disruptive element at the club, no matter what. He is doing just that.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
peron33uk wrote:Hmm, Interesting stats I'm looking at:

I was looking at the league table and I noticed a few things:

1) Chelsea has lost one more game thank Arsenal this season

2) Man City has lost the same amount of games as Arsenal this season

3) Spurs have lost 2 more games than Arsenal this season

4) Only Wolves (6 losses) and Liverpool (1 loss) have lost fewer games than Arsenal this season

5) Arsenal are the Draw champions of the league - 13 games - only Wolves have the same

6) As we all know we have only won 10 games all season - very poor record

7) Chelsea and Spurs have conceded the same number of goals as Arsenal this season - 41 Goals

8) We have only scored 43 goals this season - 2nd lowest in the top half of the table

It's interesting seeing this because you realize that one of our biggest issues is that we don't control the games enough to score enough goals. If we scored more, we definitely will be higher up the table. If we conceded less, we will also be higher up the table.

Gone were the days with Wenger when we used to control games and still lose, but at least we controlled play, possession, etc. Now we have slacked in that department.

Anyway, just me thinking. Looking at the stats, it gives me a different view. Yes, our season has been bad, but to be sincere, I believe with little tweaks and the right people, we will be challenging for the top 4 again.
Spot on analysis my man. I especially agree with the final paragraph. However, a lot will depend on us keeping our best players. As we all know, getting rid of players you do not want is difficult, selling the ones you want is easy because other clubs want your best players.

If we sell key players from the spine of the team, then we can run into problems next seasons because I have little faith in those doing the recruitment at the club at present.
We have actually improved defensively under Arteta. We have conceded 5 goals in 7 games. That's very good. And if you take off the 3 we conceded against City, it's now 2 in 6 games. If Arteta can maintain that going into next season, and start improving on the attack gradually, we will be solid.

Also, Ozil is done at Arsenal. These guys don't want to pay his wages anymore.
Ozil did not help himself during lockdown negotiations for a pay cut. He even threatened to go on strike. Till now, he is one of 3 players who refused to accept a pay cut. We hear none of these players are in the squad. What is really clear is, the club relationship with the player. He is the only player, the club decided to make public. They briefed against him whilst not revealing the names of the two other players. This, upset the other players and almost threatened to ruin our restart. Arteta had to call a clear the air meeting, apologising to the players for the stu*id action of someone at the club's management.

Ozil is done. I have heard rumours they will even pay him off just to be rid of him. That's how much he has upset those at the club. Arteta, likes Ozil and wanted him as part of his plans, but even he has been left with no choice but to find team solutions without Ozil. You gave to say, he has done a fine job.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

4) Only Wolves (6 losses) and Liverpool (1 loss) have lost fewer games than Arsenal this season

5) Arsenal are the Draw champions of the league - 13 games - only Wolves have the same

7) Chelsea and Spurs have conceded the same number of goals as Arsenal this season - 41 Goals

8) We have only scored 43 goals this season - 2nd lowest in the top half of the table

It's interesting seeing this because you realize that one of our biggest issues is that we don't control the games enough to score enough goals. If we scored more, we definitely will be higher up the table. If we conceded less, we will also be higher up the table.

Gone were the days with Wenger when we used to control games and still lose, but at least we controlled play, possession, etc. Now we have slacked in that department.

Anyway, just me thinking. Looking at the stats, it gives me a different view. Yes, our season has been bad, but to be sincere, I believe with little tweaks and the right people, we will be challenging for the top 4 again.
Spot on analysis my man. I especially agree with the final paragraph. However, a lot will depend on us keeping our best players. As we all know, getting rid of players you do not want is difficult, selling the ones you want is easy because other clubs want your best players.

If we sell key players from the spine of the team, then we can run into problems next seasons because I have little faith in those doing the recruitment at the club at present.
We have actually improved defensively under Arteta. We have conceded 5 goals in 7 games. That's very good. And if you take off the 3 we conceded against City, it's now 2 in 6 games. If Arteta can maintain that going into next season, and start improving on the attack gradually, we will be solid.

Ozil did not help himself during lockdown negotiations for a pay cut. He even threatened to go on strike. Till now, he is one of 3 players who refused to accept a pay cut. We hear none of these players are in the squad. What is really clear is, the club relationship with the player. He is the only player, the club decided to make public. They briefed against him whilst not revealing the names of the two other players. This, upset the other players and almost threatened to ruin our restart. Arteta had to call a clear the air meeting, apologising to the players for the stu*id action of someone at the club's management.

Ozil is done. I have heard rumours they will even pay him off just to be rid of him. That's how much he has upset those at the club. Arteta, likes Ozil and wanted him as part of his plans, but even he has been left with no choice but to find team solutions without Ozil. You gave to say, he has done a fine job.[/quote
At the end of the day it is the club is the loser here. Pay him off or keep paying him while he seats on the bench. Remember a similar case in Chelsea a few years back?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Ozil is done. I have heard rumours they will even pay him off just to be rid of him. That's how much he has upset those at the club. Arteta, likes Ozil and wanted him as part of his plans, but even he has been left with no choice but to find team solutions without Ozil. You gave to say, he has done a fine job.[/quote
At the end of the day it is the club is the loser here. Pay him off or keep paying him while he seats on the bench. Remember a similar case in Chelsea a few years back?
My bro, the downside to our revival, is that Arteta is saving Raul his job. We 100% need someone that will get the players Mikel wants and not someone feeding the back pocket of his agent mates.

I understand those who kicked back at the club. It is common knowledge that Arsenal's dirty linen was washed in public during lockdown. Whilst other top clubs got their players on board for pay cuts quickly, Arsenal management found out some serious truths about what their players thought of them.

Raul was exposed badly, if you use favoured Agents, don't be surprised if they conspire against you in your time of need. Players represented by a certain Agent agreed to a pay cut but the majority held Arsenal to the terms of their contract making it clear they leave if their contract is not honoured.

For example, if you are Rob Holding's Agent, are you happy to see Luiz play ahead of your player? Do you use the lockdown as leverage to get your player out of the club? Not saying his Agent did anything but Raul favouring certain Agent created turmoil at the club.

Then they briefed against Ozil by revealing to a journalist that he was one of the players who refused to take a pay cut. Why?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

My bro, the downside to our revival, is that Arteta is saving Raul his job. We 100% need someone that will get the players Mikel wants and not someone feeding the back pocket of his agent mates.

I understand those who kicked back at the club. It is common knowledge that Arsenal's dirty linen was washed in public during lockdown. Whilst other top clubs got their players on board for pay cuts quickly, Arsenal management found out some serious truths about what their players thought of them.

Raul was exposed badly, if you use favoured Agents, don't be surprised if they conspire against you in your time of need. Players represented by a certain Agent agreed to a pay cut but the majority held Arsenal to the terms of their contract making it clear they leave if their contract is not honoured.

For example, if you are Rob Holding's Agent, are you happy to see Luiz play ahead of your player? Do you use the lockdown as leverage to get your player out of the club? Not saying his Agent did anything but Raul favouring certain Agent created turmoil at the club.

Then they briefed against Ozil by revealing to a journalist that he was one of the players who refused to take a pay cut. Why?
Why you asking bro? Stupidity of the highest order oo. Like you said Arteta is saving these empty heads their jop. I hope they support him and allow him to choose whatever players he want whenever he wants them.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

It is looking like it is Partey time.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:It is looking like it is Partey time.
BTW what is your success rate on your predictions over the years?

:taunt: :taunt:

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I’m a big Fan uv Young Guendo, but these rumors
circulating uv him being banned from first team
practices and forced 2 train alone R depressing.
If the situation with the club is so bad and untenable
then just send him home.

Don’t even let him come 2 the building and become a
distraction. Personally it’s quite sad that his boys
Laca and Auba couldn’t rein him in and get him in line.
Sadly it looks like the situation might be @ a breaking pt.

Sad but looks like he is done @the Emirates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Sleaky72 wrote:I’m a big Fan uv Young Guendo, but these rumors
then just send him home.

Guendo has potential. The problem is he is been forced to play early for Arsenal. The guy should not be any where near first team football for Arsenal at this stage of his career. If the rumor is true, I would prefer they extend him and then send him out on loan. Hopefully with more maturity he will come good for the club, if not, sell him. But too early to give up on him.

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

ohenhen1 wrote:
then just send him home.

Guendo has potential. The problem is he is been forced to play early for Arsenal. The guy should not be any where near first team football for Arsenal at this stage of his career. If the rumor is true, I would prefer they extend him and then send him out on loan. Hopefully with more maturity he will come good for the club, if not, sell him. But too early to give up on him.
Guy you don't have to comment every time.Too much opals.Guendo is 21 when do you expect or want him to start playing first team footy. You really need to examine yourself.Haba
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ojafranpa wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
then just send him home.

Guy you don't have to comment every time.Too much opals.Guendo is 21 when do you expect or want him to start playing first team footy. You really need to examine yourself.Haba
I didn't complain when Fabregas was playing at 16 for the club. Cesc was capable. Guendo is not good enough right now.