The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:so 2 weeks don finish eh, nah who assanal dey play sef?
This video is giving Frank Lampard sleepless nights. 8-)
[/video]
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Nkume wrote:Did anyone here Mertersacker's recent comments on Wenger?

Waiting for comments.

Soldier - real one!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

With Laca injured & resting up for a while - hope Unai gives Nelson or some pacy player the wide forward spot. Hope Sead can handle LB in a 4 at the back.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Reports are saying that Laca is out till next month with an ankle injury. Somehow I don’t think Coach emery is 2 fussed ‘bout dis. He likes having Auba through the middle and now he is free to play with 2 legit wingers. Wonder who slots in 2 spell Auba 4 the Europa? Martinelli? John-Jules?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cchinukw wrote:
[/video]
i do not get this, this is pool v assanal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
[/video]
i do not get this, this is pool v assanal
You dey slow sha.
Thankfully it's Lampard doing the worrying. :roll:

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffi come here o...

@afcstuff

Alan Smith (ex-Arsenal striker) on Emery: “I have heard whispers, after all, that some of the players find their manager’s instructions confusing, that they do not really know what he wants them to do. If so, that does not bode well.” [Standard] #afc
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

ojafranpa wrote:Waffi come here o...

@afcstuff

Alan Smith (ex-Arsenal striker) on Emery: “I have heard whispers, after all, that some of the players find their manager’s instructions confusing, that they do not really know what he wants them to do. If so, that does not bode well.” [Standard] #afc
Dude has no hope. He may win something, because the squad is a very very good squad. I just do not expect to see him next season.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

@afcstuff

I have always had issues with Alan Smith, but if this has any crumb of truth, this is not good.

When you read stuff from Alan Smith, you never guess he played for Arsenal. Something happened when he was a player and he has never forgiven the club. He is Leicester born and bred, but being Leicester does not mean you should be anti Arsenal.

Wenger was in on Smith, players like Vieira took an instant mistrust and later dislike of him. The minute he took sides against us after another very bad tempered game in Wenger's 2nd full season as Manager, Wenger facing complaints from senior players, withdrew his ex-player's pass immediately. I always remember Winterburn making this public.

What I don't know is if his ex-player's pass has been restored. I know how these things work, the new regime will be approached by his friends who are also ex-players, and restoring his pass will be easy. If they did restore the pass, I am sure those did will now realise their mistake.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Waffiman wrote:

@afcstuff

I have always had issues with Alan Smith, but if this has any crumb of truth, this is not good.

When you read stuff from Alan Smith, you never guess he played for Arsenal. Something happened when he was a player and he has never forgiven the club. He is Leicester born and bred, but being Leicester does not mean you should be anti Arsenal.

Wenger was in on Smith, players like Vieira took an instant mistrust and later dislike of him. The minute he took sides against us after another very bad tempered game in Wenger's 2nd full season as Manager, Wenger facing complaints from senior players, withdrew his ex-player's pass immediately. I always remember Winterburn making this public.

What I don't know is if his ex-player's pass has been restored. I know how these things work, the new regime will be approached by his friends who are also ex-players, and restoring his pass will be easy. If they did restore the pass, I am sure those did will now realise their mistake.
Hmmm

Anyway sha, top players should be adaptable otherwise they will soon find that their options get evermore limited.

I seriously doubt this complaint if there is any grain of truth would be coming from the foreign legion.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:

@afcstuff

Dude has no hope. He may win something, because the squad is a very very good squad. I just do not expect to see him next season.
The squad is almost there. Very few of them have a major tournament winning mentality and it shows in the way the team capitulated to 5th position last season.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:

@afcstuff

It’s funny becuz wasn’t Arsenal under Wenger criticized 4 being tactically inflexible and knowing how 2 play only 1 way regardless of opponent? This ranks as pure destructive opportunism. British media will only be happy when an englishman manages Arsenal.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

@afcstuff

Same way a Newcastle ex player mouthed off about Stevie Bruce right B4 they went N smashed Spurs at their new home. Wud take this with a grain of salt.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

“Mesut is a friend that I love and appreciate. We had very good memories at Arsenal,” Elneny told Turkish newspaper Milliyet [via Kingfut].

“Of course I talked to him before coming to Besiktas. He told me to leave without thinking, telling me ‘Besiktas is a very big club, you must come here’.”
https://www.goal.com/en/news/mohamed-el ... nraxgcngnm

Interesting and Ironic!
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:

@afcstuff

Waffi did you read what Van Persie said about Unai?
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... style.html

'Arsenal have to play to their own qualities': Robin van Persie urges Unai Emery to evolve his own style and stop adapting to opposition

Robin van Persie believes Unai Emery is too reactive for an Arsenal manager and wants him to stop worrying about the opposition so much.

Emery has had a mixed start to his second season at the Emirates, winning half of their four games so far, and Van Persie, speaking on behalf of BT Sport at the IBC TV industry trade show, thinks his side need to play to their strengths more.

He told Sportsmail: ‘I think if you are a coach of the top six teams in England you have to play to your own qualities and the players you have. When you manage a team in the top six of England, you have the money, you have the players, the money, the stadium, the fans, everything.
‘If you compare that with Liverpool and City, they are playing 80 per cent on their own philosophy and way to play. Arsenal can do that more.

‘If you are the coach of Arsenal, you should play to your own strengths and not adjust so much to the strength of the opponents, because a top six team should play to their own strengths.’

He added: ‘I don’t think that balance is right. That is based on what I’ve seen, for example, in the bigger games like against Liverpool.

‘In my opinion, he is adjusting too much to the opponent, which you shouldn’t do if you are the coach of Arsenal.’

The former Holland striker took part in a run in Amsterdam on Saturday morning when he found himself being overtaken by a goat.

It was part of a weekend in which the pundit is supporting BT Sports and BT’s Media and Broadcast Division at the IBC TV industry trade show to highlight its sports TV innovations, which sees it debuting world firsts around 8K and broadcasts over 5G.

After that event, Van Persie also questioned Per Mertesacker’s criticism of Arsene Wenger in his book – and made it clear he would not do the same.
The German suggested Wenger had too much faith in his squad while Arsenal manager and that was the difference between winning the Premier League and FA Cup and Van Persie disagreed.

He said: ‘My opinion at first is that loads of ex-players are making a book, it’s sort of fashion to write a book, which I will personally not do. That is his opinion, he can have that. I’m not really going into that. He can think what he wants.

‘Arsene is a great coach and manager and fantastic person and helped me to improve as a player and a human. I’m forever grateful for that. I worked eight years under him, he gave me chances.

'On a private matter, he was always open to chat to me about life and as a person as well, and as a coach he was great. He was fantastic. He really had a philosophy. He always wanted to attack, play positive, pass, create and play together.

'Some people judge him just on trophies, like whatever, Per now is finding a reason. He can say what he wants to say.

‘What I really liked about Arsene is he had a philosophy. You can see that now with Pep and City. His team plays from his philosophy. The same in a different style is Jurgen Klopp with Liverpool.

‘He has his way of playing. Arsene did that as well. He was great’.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Van Persie left Arsenal. Why didn't he stay?

Because at some point the disagreed with Arsenal's direction in relation to his personal goals.

Benitez had a rotation approach to his teams, yet he led 2 English teams to European glory.

Different manager, different approaches.

I personally love the spice and variation to be found in Emery's approach.

There's a new sheriff in town so we'd best get used to it.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote:Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Because at some point the disagreed with Arsenal's direction in relation to his personal goals.

Benitez had a rotation approach to his teams, yet he led 2 English teams to European glory.

My own is that Wenger is gone and any other manger that after 2 season has not done well for us will be ship out.I never like Emery after his time at PSG very average but respect some one who will come and try to clean the mess we were in.We know how our last two season end before Emery comes in.We last compete in EPL title 11 years ago,.Buy alot of waste piepe with high price tag.We needed change in manager,Emery will not cover for t he board like that last manager did for 10 million a year.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:

My own is that Wenger is gone and any other manger that after 2 season has not done well for us will be ship out.I never like Emery after his time at PSG very average but respect some one who will come and try to clean the mess we were in.We know how our last two season end before Emery comes in.We last compete in EPL title 11 years ago,.Buy alot of waste piepe with high price tag.We needed change in manager,Emery will not cover for t he board like that last manager did for 10 million a year.
Now that you mentioned it, what was average about his time at PSG? Did PSG not win the league in his season there? If you are referring to the CL, which other PSG manager has done better?

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Now that you mentioned it, what was average about his time at PSG? Did PSG not win the league in his season there? If you are referring to the CL, which other PSG manager has done better?
PSG win the league in 7 or 8 straight years before he get there and his first season PSG lost the league.In 10 season PSG won the league 9 time the only time they miss was when he took over.There is a reason they keep him just for 2 season.
He lost a 3 goals lead against PSG,he went to Barca to park bus when they can even do a double on Barca,PSG had player on their prime his negative tactics throw away such lead it was like 6-2 i think.
The only time he won the league or compete for league title was when he join PSG that was tired there.
I saw his team struugle in CL against Arsenal with the qualities of players he has to choose.
No other big club go after him,guess how much Arsenal offering him not even half of what wenger was making..
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Bro you don't know what you are talking about.Really do not want to say much.I noticed since you have been made a moderator you have been running your mouth too much.This is not about Wenger just stating the obvious about a gaffer that still does not know his preferred first team. Not play to his opponent dictate.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ojafranpa wrote:

Bro you don't know what you are talking about.Really do not want to say much.I noticed since you have been made a moderator you have been running your mouth too much.This is not about Wenger just stating the obvious about a gaffer that still does not know his preferred first team. Not play to his opponent dictate.
Really don't want to say what?

Come on. Let's let it all out.

Let's get under the cryptic and not so cryptic comments since you have brought up my being a moderator as if that has anything to do with my comment above.

Go ahead, I'm all ears.

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:

@afcstuff

The squad is almost there. Very few of them have a major tournament winning mentality and it shows in the way the team capitulated to 5th position last season.
Rubbish my good man Waffi. Even with kids, top 4 used to be Arsenals birth right. We narrowly missed out on 72 points in the season before Wenger's last. At that point he should have called it a day. With the turnover in the squad in the last 2 years, no one should call it a Wenger squad, or claim that Emeribe cannot fix the defense. Any coach who cannot find a way to fit Mezut Ozil into a team with Auba and Laca is daf.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu