The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Waffi come here o...

@afcstuff

Alan Smith (ex-Arsenal striker) on Emery: “I have heard whispers, after all, that some of the players find their manager’s instructions confusing, that they do not really know what he wants them to do. If so, that does not bode well.” [Standard] #afc
Dude has no hope. He may win something, because the squad is a very very good squad. I just do not expect to see him next season.
The squad is almost there. Very few of them have a major tournament winning mentality and it shows in the way the team capitulated to 5th position last season.
Rubbish my good man Waffi. Even with kids, top 4 used to be Arsenals birth right. We narrowly missed out on 72 points in the season before Wenger's last. At that point he should have called it a day. With the turnover in the squad in the last 2 years, no one should call it a Wenger squad, or claim that Emeribe cannot fix the defense. Any coach who cannot find a way to fit Mezut Ozil into a team with Auba and Laca is daf.
But but, Mourinho whom you have openly adored on this thread was just as critical of Ozil's performance. And that was in Herr Ozil's own words:

"I want you to play as well as you can. I want you to go into tackles like a man. Do you know what it looks like when you tackle? No? Let me show you (mimes a flimsy tackle).

"That’s how you tackle. Ooh, I mustn’t get hurt. And absolutely mustn’t get dirty.

"You think two beautiful passes are enough. You're too fine for going into fights. You think you're so good that fifty percent is enough.

"Oh, are you giving up now? You’re such a coward. What do you want? To creep under the beautiful, warm shower? Shampoo your hair? To be alone? Or do you want to prove to your fellow players, the fans out there, and me, what you can do."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-11169393

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... eal-madrid
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

@afcstuff

Alan Smith (ex-Arsenal striker) on Emery: “I have heard whispers, after all, that some of the players find their manager’s instructions confusing, that they do not really know what he wants them to do. If so, that does not bode well.” [Standard] #afc
I have always had issues with Alan Smith, but if this has any crumb of truth, this is not good.

When you read stuff from Alan Smith, you never guess he played for Arsenal. Something happened when he was a player and he has never forgiven the club. He is Leicester born and bred, but being Leicester does not mean you should be anti Arsenal.

Wenger was in on Smith, players like Vieira took an instant mistrust and later dislike of him. The minute he took sides against us after another very bad tempered game in Wenger's 2nd full season as Manager, Wenger facing complaints from senior players, withdrew his ex-player's pass immediately. I always remember Winterburn making this public.

What I don't know is if his ex-player's pass has been restored. I know how these things work, the new regime will be approached by his friends who are also ex-players, and restoring his pass will be easy. If they did restore the pass, I am sure those did will now realise their mistake.
Waffi did you read what Van Persie said about Unai?
I did. Funny isn't it? RvP has his opinions but I'd rather he stays out of our business.

Let's be honest, there is nothing he has said that has not been mentioned here by you, me and other forumers. He mentioning it, does not give it anymore credence especially as he is a discredited ex-Arsenal player.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

@afcstuff

I have always had issues with Alan Smith, but if this has any crumb of truth, this is not good.

When you read stuff from Alan Smith, you never guess he played for Arsenal. Something happened when he was a player and he has never forgiven the club. He is Leicester born and bred, but being Leicester does not mean you should be anti Arsenal.

Wenger was in on Smith, players like Vieira took an instant mistrust and later dislike of him. The minute he took sides against us after another very bad tempered game in Wenger's 2nd full season as Manager, Wenger facing complaints from senior players, withdrew his ex-player's pass immediately. I always remember Winterburn making this public.

What I don't know is if his ex-player's pass has been restored. I know how these things work, the new regime will be approached by his friends who are also ex-players, and restoring his pass will be easy. If they did restore the pass, I am sure those did will now realise their mistake.
It’s funny becuz wasn’t Arsenal under Wenger criticized 4 being tactically inflexible and knowing how 2 play only 1 way regardless of opponent? This ranks as pure destructive opportunism. British media will only be happy when an englishman manages Arsenal.
Spot on bro. Spot on.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Norwich beat city,we really need to adjust tomorrow and pick up 3 points and move level with City.We need to be looking at t hat title to compete not top 4.City and Liverpool will drop points,if we beat teams we suppose beat we will be just super fine for the title.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:Norwich beat city,we really need to adjust tomorrow and pick up 3 points and move level with City.We need to be looking at t hat title to compete not top 4.City and Liverpool will drop points,if we beat teams we suppose beat we will be just super fine for the title.
Bro Kajifu, title nor be moi moi o :D

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:

@afcstuff

Dude has no hope. He may win something, because the squad is a very very good squad. I just do not expect to see him next season.
The squad is almost there. Very few of them have a major tournament winning mentality and it shows in the way the team capitulated to 5th position last season.
Rubbish my good man Waffi. Even with kids, top 4 used to be Arsenals birth right. We narrowly missed out on 72 points in the season before Wenger's last. At that point he should have called it a day. With the turnover in the squad in the last 2 years, no one should call it a Wenger squad, or claim that Emeribe cannot fix the defense. Any coach who cannot find a way to fit Mezut Ozil into a team with Auba and Laca is daf.
My bro, we have to be fair. I know I am going to get criticised. But one of the main reasons I always went against Wenger outers was, in his final two seasons, there were lots of changes to players and you must always give a winner a chance. You have all read what my bro, Azuka has to say about my winner take. :D

I really do not think it is fair to judge a Coach so early in the season after so many changes. Last season, there were a lot of changes too. In my view Emery needs a fair crack of the whip before we can judge him.

I know and agree there are valid criticisms of him, but balance must not be ignored. Let us give the man a chance please. Come December we judge because he would have had over a year with the majority of the squad.

I know Norwich and the way the approached their result tonight is a fillip for Emery's critics but it is not always right to base criticisms on the performances of the others.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-20063364
Big German sends a message to Mesut Ozil.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Poor Tammy, not getting much love from Chelski supporters for this.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:Poor Tammy, not getting much love from Chelski supporters for this.

They can go hug transformer. Weren't they the ones abusing him earlier.?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:Poor Tammy, not getting much love from Chelski supporters for this.

I’m so proud of this young man. He is an inspiration to all people of color on how 2 combat the worst traits in humans: racism. He has stood defiantly and made them look worse than their evil hearts.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Nketiah replaces Patrick Bamford and scores the winning goal for Leeds. Hooefully he becomes a full time starter under Coach El Loco.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Alex Iwobi must think he is playing 4 the Gunners. Getting smashd 1-3 on the coast. Everton contimues 2 struggle away from Goodison. Strange becoz they were playing so well at 1-1.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Finally Emery shows some balls! Will start Ozil and Ceballos.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Nkume wrote:Image
Good to see Ozil back in the team, hopefully we can stamp some sort of authority and play with some sort of style today. Good luck lads....

Ozil, Auba(through the middle), Pepe, Ceballos...wow
To God be the glory
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Well I guess lacking balls cant be ever said to be 1 of Unai Emery’s traits. Starting Ozil and Xhaka against a physical Watford side on the road with the expected new manager bounce is, well ... time will tell after 90 minutes . Don’t know what Willock has done not 2 start this game!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Sleaky72 wrote:Well I guess lacking balls cant be ever said to be 1 of Unai Emery’s traits. Starting Ozil and Xhaka against a physical Watford side on the road with the expected new manager bounce is, well ... time will tell after 90 minutes . Don’t know what Willock has done not 2 start this game!
I don't know about balls, but Watford was dragging us around like rag dolls before the goal
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Pepe need to get seriously involved. He is still playing "set"
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

In Emery we trust. :thumbs:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This Watford ball passing is scary sha o.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Sleaky72 wrote:

Reports are saying that Laca is out till next month with an ankle injury. Somehow I don’t think Coach emery is 2 fussed ‘bout dis. He likes having Auba through the middle and now he is free to play with 2 legit wingers. Wonder who slots in 2 spell Auba 4 the Europa? Martinelli? John-Jules?
Is it OK 2 give me self a shout out and a pay on the back without cyber attacks? :sneaky: :sneaky: I always knew Emery wouldn’t be fussed about losing Laca except an untimely injury 2 Auba.