The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Newcastle have a 90MP transfer war chest and they are about to spend it. Why is Arsenal playing around with 40MP?

Pape Abou Cisse linked to Arsenal.

[/video]

[/video]

Good ball distribution, set piece weapon.
Arsenal have players on some albatross wages they are thus far unable to move off of i.e Ozil, Mustafi, Mhki, Kolasinac, add in no CL football for third season on the trot and you have a club that has been pushed into a frugal summer of 2019.
You would have had a point if this frugality was something new. The fact is, Arsenal remains the club that has spent the least of the top clubs by some distance since they moved into the Emirates.

In the last 4 years, they still remain below all of the top clubs (except Spuds) despite turning the corner financially. So your claims do not add up.

Moreover, Arsenal just shed £500,000 weekly in wages, with the departures of Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Ospinna. They also have the Adidas money.

A few months ago, when it was claimed we had £40m to spend, I disagreed, saying my analysis of the accounts showed the club had more like £100 to £110m without the Adidas deal and £100 to £160m with the Adidas deal and departures.

Adidas has not signed a kit deal not to be in the CL. They expect Arsenal to deliver in this window. To do this, the club must purchase the type of players we need to get in the top 4.

There is no way Arsenal will not be spending more than £100m this window, if they don't, there will be hell at the Emirates this season. Just look at the players strongly linked to the club.

Rumors say Saliba looks done, but till announcement nothing is done. But word is, Arsenal now in the market for an experienced CD.

Also, rumours of talk of Arsenal increasing their £55m bid for Zaha and negotiations ongoing. Zaha, Sky claims has made it clear he wants to join Arsenal this summer.

The rumours claim club is confident in getting Saha, Ceballos and Tierney.

But in the midst of all this Zaha talk is the Brazilian Everton, who has made some very pro Arsenal moves on social media.

Let us imagine all these rumour are true, for the sake of analysis. Are Arsenal in for Zaha and Everton? Surely not.
Is Arsenal using Everton to lower the Zaha price or are they doing the opposite? Time will tell.

Another rumour says Palace have approached us again for Jenkinson. This has me thinking about all sorts of scenarios if true.

To me, it is a good guess one of Everton or Zaha will join us. I wish it to be Zaha.
Ornstein among others has said Arsenal had 2 budgets, 1 where they qualified for CL and one where they did not. We're a few weeks away from transfer widow closing and the only official addition has been young pup from Brazil for 6 MP.

I have no idea what the official budget is at Arsenal but based on Ornstein info one can summarize it's not 100 MP. What we do know is Arsenal have funds coming in from sale on clause of likes of bennacer, Jeff Rene Adélaïde, sale of Ospina among others, as you said £500,000 weekly in wages off the books via departed players and still purse strings remain tight at Arsenal.

As it stands Saliba is only a nominal initial fee as he will be loaned back to Saint Ettienne , Ceballos would be a loan, Tierney is said to cost 25 MP issue reported to be Arsenal reluctance to pay large sum upfront and Arsenal need for at least one more CB and a winger, Ornstein assessment that Arsenal budget pre sales of notable, highly paid players i.e Mhki, Mustafi is around 45 MP seems accurate.

I hope Ornstein is wrong but usually his info is highly reliable.
Wenger's gone, Ornstien is no longer in with the loop. So he is merely giving his opinion. Which is fair enough and I respect it.

But I maintain there is money to spend if they want to spend it from my analysis of the account. Last summer they bought players, the January window before, they bought players. However they sold a lot of players.

The account show they moved over £50m into the cash reserves when we needed it for the squad. I really don't think Kroenke will get away with not doing the right thing this window at the Emirates.

I am not sceptical because I believe we will sign players before the window closes. They have no choice.

Here are the latest rumours which I believe have legs.

Saliba will be announced on Tuesday.

Zaha remains a primary target and negotiations ongoing.

I do not believe the Everton Soares rumours.

Rumours of Arsenal's increased offer for Tierney. Club remain confident of getting the player.

Kos has placed a spanner in the works but we are now after another centre back.

Rumours now claim Ceballos will join on loan.

These will cost well over £100m in wages, Agents fees and bonuses.
Honestly we don't need Zaha when we have Reis the dude that had a successful loan season in the Bundesliga. Scoring isn't our problem. Our main problem for seasons now s conceding. As such what we need are a very good CD and a DM.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Emery what are your plans for t he defense?
Where is Ramsey replacement?
If we sort out defense and MF we are set to compete
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Does this sound like a club that can and will spend 100 MP this summer...
Sky Sports reports Zaha has handed a transfer request to leave Crystal Palace.

If you have a clue of how these things work. It means Zaha by putting in a transfer request nullified his contractual claims to a loyalty bonus. This will only happen if the buying club has a contract with the player they want. This contract must stipulate that they, the buying club, will be responsible for the loyalty bonus.

In effect, if Arsenal is the club Zaha is interested in and in contact with, it means Arsenal have an agreement to pay his loyalty bonus. I feel for Palace cos this is the point of no return. With the player rumoured to be only interested in joining one club. They have a major problem in their hands cos they will never get the money they envisaged.

But Palace can dig in, holding out for what they see as the right fee. I say fair play to them but we all know what such a scenario can do to your squad and plans as a club.

Zaha is Arsenal's priority signing this summer. If true, he will cost far more than the £40m they claim Arsenal want to spend in this window
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think it is time for Arsenal to walk away from Thierney. Give Celtic an ultimatum. The club should be able to scout for another good young LB.

Zaha is not worth anything more than 30MP. We don't even need Zaha.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

ohenhen1 wrote:I think it is time for Arsenal to walk away from Thierney. Give Celtic an ultimatum. The club should be able to scout for another good young LB.

Zaha is not worth anything more than 30MP. We don't even need Zaha.
Walk away or pay the money and forget all these add on stuff
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Mister Dolly wrote:Watching the game against Fiorentina and I hope we see Eddie Nketiah on a regular basis come the new season. The boy is a clinical finisher. Mustafi though is a disaster in the making if we don't get rid of him.
Did you say ‘Disaster in the making’?. I humbly disagree with your choice of words.

Mustafi is the worst defender in The EPL and possibly all the way to the next rung of English football. I believe there is something wrong with him.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Newcastle have a 90MP transfer war chest and they are about to spend it. Why is Arsenal playing around with 40MP?

Pape Abou Cisse linked to Arsenal.

[/video]

[/video]

Good ball distribution, set piece weapon.
Arsenal have players on some albatross wages they are thus far unable to move off of i.e Ozil, Mustafi, Mhki, Kolasinac, add in no CL football for third season on the trot and you have a club that has been pushed into a frugal summer of 2019.
You would have had a point if this frugality was something new. The fact is, Arsenal remains the club that has spent the least of the top clubs by some distance since they moved into the Emirates.

In the last 4 years, they still remain below all of the top clubs (except Spuds) despite turning the corner financially. So your claims do not add up.

Moreover, Arsenal just shed £500,000 weekly in wages, with the departures of Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Ospinna. They also have the Adidas money.

A few months ago, when it was claimed we had £40m to spend, I disagreed, saying my analysis of the accounts showed the club had more like £100 to £110m without the Adidas deal and £100 to £160m with the Adidas deal and departures.

Adidas has not signed a kit deal not to be in the CL. They expect Arsenal to deliver in this window. To do this, the club must purchase the type of players we need to get in the top 4.

There is no way Arsenal will not be spending more than £100m this window, if they don't, there will be hell at the Emirates this season. Just look at the players strongly linked to the club.

Rumors say Saliba looks done, but till announcement nothing is done. But word is, Arsenal now in the market for an experienced CD.

Also, rumours of talk of Arsenal increasing their £55m bid for Zaha and negotiations ongoing. Zaha, Sky claims has made it clear he wants to join Arsenal this summer.

The rumours claim club is confident in getting Saha, Ceballos and Tierney.

But in the midst of all this Zaha talk is the Brazilian Everton, who has made some very pro Arsenal moves on social media.

Let us imagine all these rumour are true, for the sake of analysis. Are Arsenal in for Zaha and Everton? Surely not.
Is Arsenal using Everton to lower the Zaha price or are they doing the opposite? Time will tell.

Another rumour says Palace have approached us again for Jenkinson. This has me thinking about all sorts of scenarios if true.

To me, it is a good guess one of Everton or Zaha will join us. I wish it to be Zaha.
Ornstein among others has said Arsenal had 2 budgets, 1 where they qualified for CL and one where they did not. We're a few weeks away from transfer widow closing and the only official addition has been young pup from Brazil for 6 MP.

I have no idea what the official budget is at Arsenal but based on Ornstein info one can summarize it's not 100 MP. What we do know is Arsenal have funds coming in from sale on clause of likes of bennacer, Jeff Rene Adélaïde, sale of Ospina among others, as you said £500,000 weekly in wages off the books via departed players and still purse strings remain tight at Arsenal.

As it stands Saliba is only a nominal initial fee as he will be loaned back to Saint Ettienne , Ceballos would be a loan, Tierney is said to cost 25 MP issue reported to be Arsenal reluctance to pay large sum upfront and Arsenal need for at least one more CB and a winger, Ornstein assessment that Arsenal budget pre sales of notable, highly paid players i.e Mhki, Mustafi is around 45 MP seems accurate.

I hope Ornstein is wrong but usually his info is highly reliable.
Wenger's gone, Ornstien is no longer in with the loop. So he is merely giving his opinion. Which is fair enough and I respect it.

But I maintain there is money to spend if they want to spend it from my analysis of the account. Last summer they bought players, the January window before, they bought players. However they sold a lot of players.

The account show they moved over £50m into the cash reserves when we needed it for the squad. I really don't think Kroenke will get away with not doing the right thing this window at the Emirates.

I am not sceptical because I believe we will sign players before the window closes. They have no choice.

Here are the latest rumours which I believe have legs.

Saliba will be announced on Tuesday.

Zaha remains a primary target and negotiations ongoing.

I do not believe the Everton Soares rumours.

Rumours of Arsenal's increased offer for Tierney. Club remain confident of getting the player.

Kos has placed a spanner in the works but we are now after another centre back.

Rumours now claim Ceballos will join on loan.

These will cost well over £100m in wages, Agents fees and bonuses.
Honestly we don't need Zaha when we have Reis the dude that had a successful loan season in the Bundesliga. Scoring isn't our problem. Our main problem for seasons now s conceding. As such what we need are a very good CD and a DM.
Here is what I think we want to address. Of the top 6 last season, we created by far the least chances, least shot on goal, least goals etc etc. We were the worst offence. We were also the worst defence.

Many take the view that our toothlessness encouraged teams to attack us more than they did the other top 6 teams. The idea is to make teams focus on defending and forget about attacking us consistently. I think we are trying to deal with the creative side of our football first, because belief is defending is more to fo with coaching rather the players.

For me, we need players in that defence and Central midfield.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Here is what I think we want to address. Of the top 6 last season, we created by far the least chances, least shot on goal, least goals etc etc. We were the worst offence. We were also the worst defence.

Many take the view that our toothlessness encouraged teams to attack us more than they did the other top 6 teams. The idea is to make teams focus on defending and forget about attacking us consistently. I think we are trying to deal with the creative side of our football first, because belief is defending is more to fo with coaching rather the players.

Last season, we were 3rd team with the highest goals scored, 73 goals for after Man City with 95 and Liverpool with 89. Whereas as per goals conceded we have the 3rd worst record among the top 10 teams. Even Wolves 7th, Everton 8th and Leicester at 9th conceded less goals than we did. That shows exactly where our problems lie. In the defence.
It becomes a big cause for concern when we have to score 3 goals to win a match.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

azuka wrote:

Last season, we were 3rd team with the highest goals scored, 73 goals for after Man City with 95 and Liverpool with 89. Whereas as per goals conceded we have the 3rd worst record among the top 10 teams. Even Wolves 7th, Everton 8th and Leicester at 9th conceded less goals than we did. That shows exactly where our problems lie. In the defence.
It becomes a big cause for concern when we have to score 3 goals to win a match.
To be fair Waffi pointed that out very early on during last season. Waffi pointedly stated Arsenal unhealthy dependence on Laca and Auba, Recall after wins vs Spurs, Watford, Everton, Bournemouth etc Waffi posting stats on Arsenal chances created vs chances finished ratio, that is was not remotely sustainable and sooner or later Arsenal would regress to mean.

Eventually as Waffi predicted the chickens came home to roost, no doubt Arsenal must upgrade CB and LB position, no doubt Arsenal must improve as a collective defensively but it s also true Arsenal despite goals for stat were often a blunt as wooden spoon going forward.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Ohen, it seems Beloved is intent on masquerading Zaha as the world class marquee signing, set to take “Us” to the next level. Good player maybe, Zaha is far from great and certainly not worth the “claimed” 80+ million. Even in this era of mad markets, that’s insane. For a side bereft of so much, to lump it all on Wilfred is illogical.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Why are we chasing Zaha?

Anyways, Auba, Laca, and AMN watched St. Etienne play in Washington. They must have chatted with Saliba.

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:Why are we chasing Zaha?

Anyways, Auba, Laca, and AMN watched St. Etienne play in Washington. They must have chatted with Saliba.

Everyone watching the gme but Laca watching what ha s kill great players :rotf: He will likely collect number go yash am after the game.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Personally, I was always of the opinion that we did not offer enough threat offensively. The defenders playing for the teams that did better than us were not head and shoulders above ours.

The problem was always offensive threat and team defending, especially defensive midfield.

Once we cut down on turnovers (esp from Xhaka), and everyone defends from the top, and we get more goals from our midfield, our league position will improve drastically.

Ramsey was one of those that killed us with turnovers, but of course he was leaving and became the best ever. I will not miss his dallying on the ball at all. I wish him the best.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
azuka wrote:

To be fair Waffi pointed that out very early on during last season. Waffi pointedly stated Arsenal unhealthy dependence on Laca and Auba, Recall after wins vs Spurs, Watford, Everton, Bournemouth etc Waffi posting stats on Arsenal chances created vs chances finished ratio, that is was not remotely sustainable and sooner or later Arsenal would regress to mean.

Eventually as Waffi predicted the chickens came home to roost, no doubt Arsenal must upgrade CB and LB position, no doubt Arsenal must improve as a collective defensively but it s also true Arsenal despite goals for stat were often a blunt as wooden spoon going forward.
Yeah i quite remember Waffi mentioning this. And i do not have a problem if an exceptional attacking player is available and we go for it. But Zaha is not an exceptional player. As far as I am concerned our pursuing Zaha is akin to our adventure in January with Suarez from Barca. We all remember how that ended up playing.
Scoring is not our problem. A basket defence is our major problem. And i believe we should pick a page from Liverpool's experience. We all saw how that Dutch CD changed the team. That's what a quality CD can do. I am so comfortable with us spending all the cash available to acquire a CD.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Cally wrote:Personally, I was always of the opinion that we did not offer enough threat offensively. The defenders playing for the teams that did better than us were not head and shoulders above ours.

The problem was always offensive threat and team defending, especially defensive midfield.

Once we cut down on turnovers (esp from Xhaka), and everyone defends from the top, and we get more goals from our midfield, our league position will improve drastically.

Ramsey was one of those that killed us with turnovers, but of course he was leaving and became the best ever. I will not miss his dallying on the ball at all. I wish him the best.
Our not offering enough offensively is due to how the Emery positions the players on the pitch. TACTICS. Now some here we take it as an attack on Emery. But the truth must be told.
In many matches we have one of the best creator of chances Ozil playing so deep in our own half when he more effective in the opponent 3rd half. Auba is known for his speed, but can someone recollect how many times last season we explored this skill to score a counter attacking goal? I bet everyone is scratching their head to remember such a goal.
With the number of goals we scored last season, if we had conceded just 10 less goals we would have finished 3rd in the league. And yes, that's a fact. It all points to the same thing. A leaking basket of a defence.
And yes defending is a team's work. So we need to get a quality defender into our starting eleven and possibly bring back Keown to help beat our defending into shape.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

azuka wrote:
Cally wrote:Personally, I was always of the opinion that we did not offer enough threat offensively. The defenders playing for the teams that did better than us were not head and shoulders above ours.

Our not offering enough offensively is due to how the Emery positions the players on the pitch. TACTICS. Now some here we take it as an attack on Emery. But the truth must be told.
In many matches we have one of the best creator of chances Ozil playing so deep in our own half when he more effective in the opponent 3rd half. Auba is known for his speed, but can someone recollect how many times last season we explored this skill to score a counter attacking goal? I bet everyone is scratching their head to remember such a goal.
With the number of goals we scored last season, if we had conceded just 10 less goals we would have finished 3rd in the league. And yes, that's a fact. It all points to the same thing. A leaking basket of a defence.
And yes defending is a team's work. So we need to get a quality defender into our starting eleven and possibly bring back Keown to help beat our defending into shape.
Agree with you also you have to consider the fact that Emery hands were tied,i am not defending him not a fan of him but when your best CD is injured,Holding who was having a fantastic season,then Bellerin also out for the season.Truth is if Emery was not trying to pleased certain players we would have even be in title race :taunt: We should have finish third,alot of players let him down.Mustafi should not be in that team to be honest.Also at one point he was playing RB.
The bulk stop at Emery,he need to get players that fit his system and make the team competitive for spot.I dont know if he is incharge of the players he wanted.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

I really do not know the reason we are going for Zaha at that ridiculous amount.Can Emery be trusted?
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Thank you. Those were two players that had NO IDEAs how to protect the ball. Ramsey's problem was always that he considered himself like Pele or Maradona, and absolutely lacked positional discipline, despite his talent and physical attributes.

As for Xhaka, I know I am always nervous when he has the ball. It's as if he gets the ball, slowly begins to think of what to do, then S-L-O-W-L-Y begins to decide which leg to use to position the ball, before attempting to beat the player(s) that have already crowded him and taken away his options. My Uncle Waffi will come and disagree.

Xhaka for Arsenal is like an expensive suitcase with a broken handle. You don't want to discard, but it's not convenient to carry.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Thank you. Those were two players that had NO IDEAs how to protect the ball. Ramsey's problem was always that he considered himself like Pele or Maradona, and absolutely lacked positional discipline, despite his talent and physical attributes.

As for Xhaka, I know I am always nervous when he has the ball. It's as if he gets the ball, slowly begins to think of what to do, then S-L-O-W-L-Y begins to decide which leg to use to position the ball, before attempting to beat the player(s) that have already crowded him and taken away his options. My Uncle Waffi will come and disagree.

Xhaka for Arsenal is like an expensive suitcase with a broken handle. You don't want to discard, but it's not convenient to carry.
[/color]
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Everybody/opponents (besides Xhaka) realised that an put somebody there to rush him everytime he's got the ball. That is working 95% of the time but somehow Xhaka/Emery havent done anything to rectify/counter that.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

ojafranpa wrote:I really do not know the reason we are going for Zaha at that ridiculous amount.Can Emery be trusted?
Can you after the Suarez debacle?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

azuka wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:I really do not know the reason we are going for Zaha at that ridiculous amount.Can Emery be trusted?

let's go back to the Real Suarez....plus 1 pound :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
azuka wrote:
let's go back to the Real Suarez....plus 1 pound :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

azuka wrote:

Azuka, your points are solid. However, I don't think statistics tell all the story here. Yes, we may say that conceding 10 less goals would have gotten us in third position, but I daresay that a more potent and efficient attack would have made opponents less likely to attack us in the first place.

The EPL is a league of confidence. If you are a top side, the only way you can stay a top side is by attacking the lower teams with such ruthlessness that their game plan will always be around defense first. For me, that is Manchester City and Liverpool's main weapons. Most teams prepare to defend first against those teams cause if you dare attack them, you leave holes that they exploit with ruthless efficiency. That is also the main weapon Sir Alex used to make Manchester United almost invincible. He used that fear factor to kill opponents and referees alike, even the FA.

Once these lower teams in the EPL gain the confidence to have a go at you anyhow, then you cease to be a top team. That is why I'm not too worried that we seem to be going for more attacking players. Don't get me wrong, I also want a CB and a LB.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."