The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Cito »

Cally wrote:Long live Arteta. Long live Martinelli. Love love Hector.
Long live Xhaka who had become a monster since Arteta arrived.

Long live The Arsenal. I enjoyed the fight the team put up. You can lose games, just show some fight!
That's something they seem to be slowly developing. Losing games through sheer lack of efforts is like giving the fans the middle finger.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Arsenal scored 2 goals without Auba. Without Laca and even without Ozil.
Can you believe it?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Waffiman is probably at a bar somewhere getting drunk. Have one on me my guy and send me the bill anytime i enter london :clap:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote:Saka causing big problems. Offering nothing in both directions.
:???:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bepanda wrote:Arsenal scored 2 goals without Auba. Without Laca and even without Ozil.
Can you believe it?
Said it weeks ago and got heat from the usual haters.
I’d make Martinelli the back up striker next season and sell Laca In the summer. If Auba doesn’t extend his contract he can leave as well. I’m done talking Mesut Ozil, and if Arteta hasn’t learnt by now that the dude is useless then there is no point
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Shout out 2 young boy Bukayo Saka! Wow! Another MOTM performance at left back. The sky is definitely the limit for this kid. Also got 2 give a shout out 2 Haka for a top performance as a fill in CD. Even Mustafi wasn’t totally bonkers after his usual madness that aided in DL’s madness.

Again hope the Little man from Spain has finally learned who belongs on this team!!! No names mentioned!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Mustafi makes the most head scratching decisions for such an exprienced player. Just boot the ball out of play. It's one thing for your execution to be poor, it's completely different when it's your decision making.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Good job boys,Xhaka might have found his new position,he was solid at the defense,might start him there ahead of Mustafi oooh...

Saka is the real deal,i cant believe how solid he has been in the LB position.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Cito wrote:This team is developing some heart. Playing a good percentage of 2 games now with 10 men and not losing either.
Seem they are fitter now than earlier in the season.
Juuusst a couple more additions, and the team will be set.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

ojafranpa wrote:
green4life wrote:Congrats Arsenal fans. I feel bad we took a point from you guys. Your boys effort and performance deserved more.
Thanks good man.
+1
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

elerineye wrote:
Cito wrote:This team is developing some heart. Playing a good percentage of 2 games now with 10 men and not losing either.
...and subtractions.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Arteta's impact on the Arsenal has been huge. For one thing, Arsenal are no longer giving up as many shots on goal as was the case under Unai. The huge swathes of space in midfield (a common feature of Wenger's and Unai's Arsenal) are no longer there as the team is now more compact. The positioning of the players both with and without the ball is also much better now than it has been in a long time. Arteta's Arsenal inspires a lot of confidence in me more so than Wenger's (his final years) and Unai's teams ever did.

Unlike most, I do not feel defensive reinforcements are a priority. Rather, what is needed is players in the mold of Leroy Sane/Raheem Sterling and Kevin Debruyne. Players that are pacy and always on the front foot. Pepe can develop into a Sane type player if he stops dallying around on the ball and becomes more direct. Neither Ozil or Ceballos can play the Debruyne role effectively because they take too many touches of the ball and do not make enough decisive passes in the final third. Willock has the potential to be that player but he is still quite a way off from that level.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

elerineye wrote:
Arsenal needs more than a couple more to win trophies not just qualify for the CL.

Can you imagine the Sunday League errors of Mustafi being tolerated at any other club? Which club in their right mind would buy such a player? In case you think this is an aberration, think about Pascal Cygan. Mmmhmmmm.

Ozil? The less said, the better.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:F*ck off Mikel Arteta 4 playing Mustafi and F*ck Off Ozil and all the Zombies that worship that Gash Twat. That does it! I’m done bloody club!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:Long live Arteta. Long live Martinelli. Love love Hector.
Long live Xhaka who has become a monster since Arteta arrived.

Long live The Arsenal. I enjoyed the fight the team put up. You can lose games, just show some fight!
Simple my bro. All we want is fight and pride in the shirt.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:Waffiman is probably at a bar somewhere getting drunk. Have one on me my guy and send me the bill anytime i enter london :clap:
My bro, nuff respect.

I certainly was enjoying myself after that. A fantastic game of football with the drama and tension. The thing is both teams have similar weaknesses, too many young players and what they bring to the table. This main weakness is called inconsistency. You just never know when they will show up, and when they do, like we gave seen with both our clubs this season, it is great, but we must not get carried away. I am certainly not getting carried away.

Both Arsenal and Chelsea need quality, experienced reinforcements in key positions. I don't know about Chelsea, who have real problems in the striker position, but Arsenal are really pushing for a top midfield and defensive signing this window.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

elerineye wrote:
We need more than a couple in defence and midfield my bro. Yes, we can start with a couple and they must be defenders, then CMs who can play and head the ball. Arsenal’s biggest problem is the individual quality of its defenders. It does not make a big difference who’s the head coach. Arsenal will get only better with better player recruitment in defence.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:Shout out 2 young boy Bukayo Saka! Wow! Another MOTM performance at left back. The sky is definitely the limit for this kid. Also got 2 give a shout out 2 Haka for a top performance as a fill in CD. Even Mustafi wasn’t totally bonkers after his usual madness that aided in DL’s madness.

Again hope the Little man from Spain has finally learned who belongs on this team!!! No names mentioned!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cchinukw wrote:
Credit to them for their display. Xhaka was brilliant, but special mention to Mustafi, who became a different player after his mistake. He could have easily fallen to pieces, but he showed guts and character, he is no quitter. I love that suse to any person's character.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

quick question, did newcastle and west ham fans celebrate like this when they beat chelsea?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ozil hasn’t been at the races, but fair dos to Diet PepG for putting his chips on the table. The epitome of counter-productivity is the exclusion of such a high profile personality, whilst retaining his name on the register. Either, or, there is no happy medium. One would imagine Ozil will be chaperoned to the door at the season’s close, with Turkey, at some point, a sure destination. Till then, but for a change in emphasis, there are few else of such potential, albeit seldom actualised of late and later.

If MA insists upon a 4-2-3-1, there’s no other option. Ceballos isn’t good enough and possibly has a mandatory purchase clause depending on appearances. The fear of triggering such clause should keep him far from contention. Nelson, Willock are akin to the “just been scrubbed free of soil King Edwards”, far from jacket potatoes. Nowhere near ready. As a raw a steak as the cows mooing in the meadows.

Could Torreira be used in advanced role to apply the press? Obviously taking away from the base of midfield in a team that can’t defend would be a Moscow mule armed with a 5 shot roulette. Ruski. Perhaps the answer to all ills lies beyond the present geometries. Is it worth considering a left-wing role for Pepe, having proved anything but a John Major on the right.
Last edited by Coach on Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote:Ozil hasn’t been at the races, but fair dos to Diet PepG for putting his chips on the table. The epitome of counter-productivity is the exclusion of such a high profile personality, whilst retaining his name on the register. Either, or, there is no happy medium. One would imagine Ozil will be chaperoned to the door at the season’s close, with Turkey, at some point, a sure destination. Till then, but for a change in emphasis, there are few else of such potential, albeit seldom actualised of late and later.

If MA insists upon a 4-2-3-1, there’s no other option. Ceballos isn’t good enough and possibly has a mandatory purchase clause depending on appearances. The fear of triggering such clause should keep him far from contention. Nelson, Willock are akin to the “just been scrubbed free of soil King Edwards”, far jacket potatoes. Nowhere near ready. As a raw a steak as the cows mooing in the meadows.

Could Torreira be used in advanced role to apply the press? Obviously taking away from the base team midfield offering in a team that can’t defend would be a Moscow mule armed with a 5 shot roulette. Ruski. Perhaps the answer to all ills lies beyond the present geometries. Is it worth considering a left-wing role for Pepe, having proved anything but a John Major on the right.
Sorry Bruv but this makes no sense. Why carry a player who offers nothing?
No pace, no effort, no goals and no guile, except backwards passes and divides the fan base?
Ceballos can’t be any worse. Smokin’ Joe is young and raw but at least has the pace and effort 2 make his presence known. Or at least move Guendo forward so he can get on the ball and ask questions of the defense in the final third. Falling back and playing someone who offers nothing is ridiculous.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Correction, Willock’s positional understanding, or lack of, has Guendouzi look like Gandalf the Grey. If Aaron Ramsey was the eternal nomad, Willock is an aborigine on methampthetamine. One would imagine The Clashes’ “Should I stay or should I go” remains the ever looping soundtrack in his subconscience whenever gracing the field. As for Ceballos, there must be a clause and frankly put, he’s every bit a Suarez, more Denis than Luis. Diet PepG should change the shape rendering a 10 in the Ozil mould redundant. More of a concern than MP Mesut, is the absolute uselessness of Nicholas Pepe. Perhaps a wide left berth may favour his clear lack of in-game intelligence and penchant for blind alleys.