The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:Image
He needs to sing louder for his supper.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

cchinukw wrote:
He is chopping either way, and has nothing to prove. You can play him or continue scape-goating him.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
He is chopping either way, and has nothing to prove. You can play him or continue scape-goating him.
Doing fine so far. Thank you very much. He needs to step up or continue chopping his money.

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Doing fine so far. Thank you very much. He needs to step up or continue chopping his money.
Step up to where? Unai needs to give him the platform for him to prove himself. You can't ask that the man step up when he is not given the opportunity to step up...Haba!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Robbynice wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Step up to where? Unai needs to give him the platform for him to prove himself. You can't ask that the man step up when he is not given the opportunity to step up...Haba!
Abegi...na passenger him be. He needs to put in a good defensive shift and stop falling over each time him jam opponent bori. Kilode? :mad:

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

cchinukw wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Abegi...na passenger him be. He needs to put in a good defensive shift and stop falling over each time him jam opponent bori. Kilode? :mad:
Baba your head and that of Unai no dey house. You want an offensive player to put in a defensive shift. Why not kuku convert am to goalkeeper. The job of a good coach is to know how to use your players and how to put them in positions to succeed. I am not saying Unai is not a good coach, I just think in regards to the Ozil situation hin head no dey house.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Robbynice wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Baba your head and that of Unai no dey house. You want an offensive player to put in a defensive shift. Why not kuku convert am to goalkeeper. The job of a good coach is to know how to use your players and how to put them in positions to succeed. I am not saying Unai is not a good coach, I just think in regards to the Ozil situation hin head no dey house.
Okay o Unku.

For now he needs to put on some muscle or continue to dey hustle for bench space. :tic:

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

“We’re extinct” – Manchester United star’s warning to Arsenal ace Mesut Ozil

Jaikuran Randhawa
1 hour ago

Manchester United star Juan Mata has revealed that the evolvement of modern football has left superstars like himself and Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil essentially ‘extinct’.

In an interview with The Athletic (subscription required), Manchester United star Juan Mata has revealed that Mesut Ozil’s struggles at Arsenal recently can be attributed to the role of the traditional No.10 becoming “extinct”.

Ozil has found it difficult to find a place in Unai Emery’s side since he took the reins in north London. The World Cup winning playmaker has made just one Premier League appearance so far this season.

It’s clear to see that some of the world’s top footballers are stronger physically than their predecessors, Mata makes the point that creative players are less important than they used to be.

The Spaniard suggested that greats like Juan Roman Riquelme and Juan Carlos Valeron would struggle to be signed by top clubs in this day and age.

ozil-arsenal-watford
Here’s what Mata had to say on how changes in the game have impacted players like himself and Ozil:

“This type of player, his pure No 10, is … how do you say? Extinct? Maybe not extinct, but not as used as before.”

“In the past, there was always this pure No 10, behind the striker or the two strikers, depending on the team.”

“With different systems now, that position has evolved into a different one but these are players I like, where natural talent brings the best of them and they can change a game with a pass or something that nobody else sees.”

Here’s what the 31-year-old had to say when he was quizzed about Ozil’s current situation at Arsenal:

“To be honest, I don’t know what’s going on, I was with Emery for three years in Valencia and I know him very well but I don’t know the day-to-day thing in Arsenal right now.”

“But, of course, Ozil is a creator, a player with a lot of great quality that I like watching.”

Ozil and Mata are two fine examples of world class playmakers who have often looked lacklustre when they were tasked with playing in different roles – for example on the wings.

The nimble-footed attacking midfielders lack the physicality to make an impact when their deployed on the flanks and these positions often limit their chances to showcase their superb technical ability.

Maybe Ozil’s chances of finding a new lease of life at the Emirates would be boosted by a formation change from Emery – one that includes a traditional central attacking midfielder.

It will be extremely difficult for a player like Ozil to change the way he plays at this stage in his career, the way to get the best out of him looks to be playing him in the role where he established himself as a global superstar.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ahem!

I don't expect Mata's viewpoint to shut Ozil lovers up but at least nor be me talk am :taunt:

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cchinukw wrote:Ahem!

I don't expect Mata's viewpoint to shut Ozil lovers up but at least nor be me talk am :taunt:
You guys are simply missing the point. As long as we have speedstars like Auba, Pepe and Saka in our front line with need an Ozil. A player like Ozil. Otherwise the team will continue to look as disjointed as it presently does.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:

You guys are simply missing the point. As long as we have speedstars like Auba, Pepe and Saka in our front line with need an Ozil. A player like Ozil. Otherwise the team will continue to look as disjointed as it presently does.
Bruv I know you know ur footie but let it go 4 real. Footie revolves! The days of turds like him R done. Stop clinging to days past. He played over 20 games in the EPL and did nothing with Da same players. What, did he suddenly get touched by an Angel? Again football evolves. There is a reason no top club wants him. At the top level, he is a Dinosaur and the Meteorites have already hit the earth. He is bloody extinct! Let it go Bruv :sneaky:

Football is an evolutionary sport. It ain’t Static. Once upon a time 4-2-4 and 4-4-2 were in vogue. But it changes. Which top team in the EPL plays with a turd at #10? Those days R long past. That’s why I’ve said that you’ve all been brainwashed by Outdated Wenger Ball that won nothing in the past decade and choked when it mattered most! The man was enamored with the Turd at #10 and never understood football evolution. So while the KDB’s and D. Silva’s and MV’s revolutionized the attacking playmaker position the man was stuck in the ice age. And it seems his acolytes here can’t get over it. Funny how Mata has recognized this, as well as so many other top players N clubs in Europe, but the Wenger disciples still can’t get it. Wenger Ball is a proven failure: Get over it! Viera, Henry, Bergkamp and Sol Campbell ain’t walking thru dat door any time soon! And while I don’t mean 2 sound like a jerk it seems strong words are the only way sometimes 2 emphasize a point here!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:

Bruv I know you know ur footie but let it go 4 real. Footie revolves! The days of turds like him R done. Stop clinging to days past. He played over 20 games in the EPL and did nothing with Da same players. What, did he suddenly get touched by an Angel? Again football evolves. There is a reason no top club wants him. At the top level, he is a Dinosaur and the Meteorites have already hit the earth. He is bloody extinct! Let it go Bruv :sneaky:

Football is an evolutionary sport. It ain’t Static. Once upon a time 4-2-4 and 4-4-2 were in vogue. But it changes. Which top team in the EPL plays with a turd at #10? Those days R long past. That’s why I’ve said that you’ve all been brainwashed by Outdated Wenger Ball that won nothing in the past decade and choked when it mattered most! The man was enamored with the Turd at #10 and never understood football evolution. So while the KDB’s and D. Silva’s and MV’s revolutionized the attacking playmaker position the man was stuck in the ice age. And it seems his acolytes here can’t get over it. Funny how Mata has recognized this, as well as so many other top players N clubs in Europe, but the Wenger disciples still can’t get it. Wenger Ball is a proven failure: Get over it! Viera, Henry, Bergkamp and Sol Campbell ain’t walking thru dat door any time soon! And while I don’t mean 2 sound like a jerk it seems strong words are the only way sometimes 2 emphasize a point here!
Simple question to Azuka - When the chips are down and we are chasing a game or the course of the game needs to change, can you rely on Ozil's inclusion to change the tide and eventual outcome of the game?

If your answer is not an emphatic yes, please stop this conversation now.

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

The simple reality is that Ozil does not fit the style of play for Unai..

It does not make Ozil and other traditional 10's like him bad players.. footie has shifted and their role is outdated...

Now adapation is a secondary issue - the article mentions Kevin Debruyne changing - but conveinetly forgot to mention his age - and his journeyman status ( two factors that made him have no choice oto change his style of play ]..

Kevin is 3 years younger than Ozil and 4 years younger than Mata.

We also forgot a certain 28 year old ( then 27 year old hazard ) that a certain coach who lost his job by the way ) tried to convert from a traditional 10 to a winger , striker and at some point CM - box to box ...we all know how that ended...]

Arsenal management should not blame Ozil for their mistakes - simple he will do well if he finds a club that still plays the style he plays and which league speed his age can take..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Siddonlook11 wrote:The simple reality is that Ozil does not fit the style of play for Unai..

It does not make Ozil and other traditional 10's like him bad players.. footie has shifted and their role is outdated...

Now adapation is a secondary issue - the article mentions Kevin Debruyne changing - but conveinetly forgot to mention his age - and his journeyman status ( two factors that made him have no choice oto change his style of play ]..

Kevin is 3 years younger than Ozil and 4 years younger than Mata.

We also forgot a certain 28 year old ( then 27 year old hazard ) that a certain coach who lost his job by the way ) tried to convert from a traditional 10 to a winger , striker and at some point CM - box to box ...we all know how that ended...]

Arsenal management should not blame Ozil for their mistakes - simple he will do well if he finds a club that still plays the style he plays and which league speed his age can take..
Oga Siddonlook everything you said here has been said already in one form or the other but some fans are still stuck in a time warp. Not sure any club was willing to pick up his tab even when Arsenal offered to share the wage bill on a loan deal. What to do?

bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

cchinukw wrote:
bk-one wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:In less than two seasons, Unai Emery has transformed Mat.G from an unknown kid playing in Lique 2 to a Golden Boy Nominee .... just let that sink in for all of ya critics! Thank You Emery!
Thank you Emery for what you did with Matteo Guendouzi but will be more thankful if we could see more improvement on our defensive and offensive structure. Arsenai last season conceded 41 goals overall. That was the same as the last season of arsene Wenger's regime (the worst ever under wenger). I am both a critic of Emery and am also willing to praise him if he does anything praiseworthy(believe me ...it's possible to be both).

I just prefer cold hard facts to rhetoric
Sitting 3rd in the table with a point behind City is a hard and cold enough fact.
Something praiseworthy of course.....what about other cold facts.....chances conceded, e.t.c.....look....my concern is our style of playing....its not sustainable....remember the 22 game unbeaten run only to collapse towards the end of the season.
True. All things considered including injuries it's not been a bad run.

Mourinho was hated for his bus parking style ugly football but look at the silverware it brough his teams.
I hate Mourinho but please don't compare Mourinho and Emery. Mourinho whilst playing boring football had a defensively solid team and their counter attacks were more organised than the mess at Arsenal.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Whenever we seem to be struggling, gullible fanbase falls for the new Ozil gossip which does big things for clickbaiters & those content by any means chasing types.
We as a club were always classy for not briefing against players to the press privately or publicly. When you cross that line as it appears in this case, you paint the club into a corner when as Mesut did, he gives an interview.
If you look at the gossip pts w/o any emotion, you could come to very logical conclusions:
First - that he put his house on the market - heck, dude's been facing unwanted attn from crazies with a new wife in tow - yes, he's got security but changing pads is great strategy. Rumour danced with new pads in Istanbul.
Secondly, as i argued here at the time - the Turkish club had highest player on the payroll earning less than 70k euros weekly - arsenal will have to cover at least 80% of Ozils wages for that to fly but when you look at loan transfers, players get additional monies by some means - it becomes would we really be saving money for the duration of the loan.
Whenever you bench or get rid of a player, your options better be lit - you can start with ManU & Lukaku.
I don't subscribe to impositions of systems by new managers - i agree with Manuel Pellegrini who recently said somewhere the players matter more than the system. I remember Van Gaal going to Barca the 1st time & falling out with Rivaldo - the coach said he couldn't "implement his football philosophy at Barcelona due to cultural differences, and that he struggled hard as some players were unwilling to follow his lead" - he came back & fell out with Riquelme.
Gaffers often know the main qualities of the squads they inherit, the notion that you can turn the Rivaldos, Riquelme & in our case Ozil into something they ain't is poppycock.
Fundamental to a new gaffer on any team is establishing defensive solidity - we've been clueless on that score.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal Is Wasting What Remains Of Mesut Özil’s Prime:

A popular narrative is that Özil lacks the energy to press in the manner Emery wants him to press and lacks the defensive desire to win the ball back. Özil might be among the game’s best at getting between the lines and finding the half-spaces necessary to unlock defiant defenses, but the narrative dictates that he’s a casual defender at best and a lousy one at worst. According to the narrative, Özil is incapable of playing in Emery’s system....That narrative would be fine if, in Özil’s absence, Emery’s Arsenal had become a pressing juggernaut and a ball-hungry monster. Maybe that will be true in the future, but the data tells a different story for the present — Arsenal is worse at winning the ball back in the attacking third under Emery than it was toward the end of the Wenger era, and it’s worse at winning the ball back in the middle third, too....The Gunners rank 16th in ball recoveries and 19th out of 20 teams in interceptions per 90 minutes this season. Each of these stats belies the management’s desire for the new-look Arsenal to be based on controlling possession and pressing. They also contradict the stated excuses for leaving Özil out of the team. Simply put, Arsenal isn’t playing well enough — or even how it claims it wants to play — to justify Özil’s exclusion...At 31, the maestro is nearly at the end of his prime — and whatever remains of that prime is being wasted by a headstrong manager and a revolution that only exists in the abstract. It’s hard to fathom..

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ar ... ils-prime/
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I don't get you, but your comments has me wondering. Try to understand the Mata with a deeper understanding of the game. Do not simplify Mata comments to suit your anti Ozil agenda.

For starters, Ozil in terms of work rate is more Bergkamp than Requelme or Juan Carlos Valeron. Ozil puts in more in terms of work rate when compared to Mata.

All you have to do is your homework, these numbers are all over the internet. Ozil ran on average the 3rd highest, made more tackles than any of our forwards. Indeed, defensively Ozil was our 2nd best attacking defender behind Giroud.

Mata's overall point about the number 10, that's the fantasy player (Baggio, Del Piero, Totti, Kanu, Jay Jay etc) is right if you want to play a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2, like Arsenal famously did when Bergkamp and Kanu were there. The reason is not just physicality and work rate, trust me, no one could bully Bergkamp and get physical with him. It is about the numbers in the midfield and the high press. This calls for a different type of mindset and player in attack. Ozil and Bergkamp put in the work rate, it is why they played in Wenger's teams and won trophies. Ozil is not physical but I have compared the numbers, his output is not as high as when he was under Wenger. Why?

The likes of Requelme and Valeron will struggle but if you are willing with a system and have the cooperation of team mates, you can pull it off, just look at what West Ham did with Payet.

Look at Liverpool's 4-3-3 system. It is hugely dependent on Firminho, who is effectively an extra midfielder. His work rate is phenomenal without him they are light and there will be spaces to be exploited because Salah and Mane are not necessarily the best at tracking back.

Wenger in a 4-2-3-1, played Ozil across the line but mainly starting at wide left. The system was hugely reliant on Ramsey who was just superman with his incredible work rate. Ozil put in a greater shift than Sanchez in that team, but Ozil was the one who kept on being picked on.

I have given up on this Ozil and Emery debate since the away Southampton game last season. That game finally convinced me that Emery has a system that was not for bringing the best out of Ozil's talents and there was really no point in having Ozil in the team. It was no longer Ozil's team, he had to fit into the team as opposed to a team built around his talents.

Ozil is not the type of number 10 that is becoming extinct because most of his career, he did not even play in the typical number 10 role in a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 system which Mata describes. Ozil has played in 5 midfield systems, (4-2-3-1, 3-5-2, 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1 etc) all his career. Even Mourinho, the ultimate defensive coach with his 4-3-3 system, found a role for Ozil. The game is about understanding philosophies and what Coaches want, it is not about agendas, especially not us as supporters. Ozil, with all his faults, is a winner at Arsenal, he has won trophies. That must be respected.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Ozil put in a greater shift than Sanchez in that team, but Ozil was the one who kept on being picked on.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chief, what’s next, ur gonna try and convince me that it’s snowing in the Amazon in July? Nah Bruv, you’ve taken the Ozil-mythology to the stratosphere. Homer would be proud of ya tale UV fiction. :sneaky:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... vincibles/

Martin Keown also has an answer 4 U about Mes :smile:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

OMG welbeck can’t even last for two minutes against Spurs. Poor dude wonder where his career is going. Sad!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Ozil put in a greater shift than Sanchez in that team, but Ozil was the one who kept on being picked on.

Chief, what’s next, ur gonna try and convince me that it’s snowing in the Amazon in July? Nah Bruv, you’ve taken the Ozil-mythology to the stratosphere. Homer would be proud of ya tale UV fiction. :sneaky:

Please read my post. Note I said.
Ozil and Bergkamp put in the work rate, it is why they played in Wenger's teams and won trophies. Ozil is not physical but I have compared the numbers, his output is not as high as when he was under Wenger. Why?
Under Unai, Ozil who has hardly played, does not have the same numbers per 90 minutes as he did under Wenger. Martin is effectively confirming what I have contended. I have no doubt, that under Wenger he would not have played.

Wenger and Mourinho have said Ozil is the type of player that has to feel and know he is wanted. Ozil has never been wanted since he Unai arrived. It is clear to me in the system he is playing and the tactics he has chosen. It is why I have never gotten involved in this debate, Unai's head is the one on the chopping block if he does not get results, so he must be free to get on with it the way he sees fit.

Finally my friend, try not to just follow the opinion of others only. Try to do your own homework and make your own mind up. Martin, who I love, admire and whose opinion I respect has never favoured players like Ozil. He admits he has a natural distrust for these types of players and is their harshest critic. Speak to Bergkamp and Henry about how he set out to kick them all the time in training. Keown says he wanted to toughen them up. You gotta love the guy :lol: :lol:

Perhaps Ozil needs Keown to give him kicks in training. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Wenger and Mourinho have said Ozil is the type of player that has to feel and know he is wanted. Ozil has never been wanted since he Unai arrived. It is clear to me in the system he is playing and the tactics he has chosen. It is why I have never gotten involved in this debate, Unai's head is the one on the chopping block if he does not get results, so he must be free to get on with it the way he sees fit.
Have you ever wondered why Mourinho never went back in 4 Ozil even when he was available 4 a two pence? What did he do 4 Arsene who pampered and spoilt him? The same Arsene who on numerous times called him out and begged him 2 step his game up and score more goals, eh? Nah Bruh, I agree with you on most things but not this cat. He is lost 2 me. Didn’t see him much at Madrid cuz I dnt watch much La Liga, but nah he ain’t my cup of tea. And it’s clear it’s the same 4 most managers around the world and Unai Emery. No one WANTS HIM!

Like Keown said, it can’t always be everyone else’s fault. Sometimes a player needs 2 look at himself. But here’s a lad that’s been spoilt and pampered his whole life and can’t handle accountability and responsibility.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Ozil and Bergkamp put in the work rate, it is why they played in Wenger's teams and won trophies. Ozil is not physical but I have compared the numbers, his output is not as high as when he was under Wenger. Why?
Under Unai, Ozil who has hardly played, does not have the same numbers per 90 minutes as he did under Wenger. Martin is effectively confirming what I have contended. I have no doubt, that under Wenger he would not have played.

Finally my friend, try not to just follow the opinion of others only. Try to do your own homework and make your own mind up. Martin, who I love, admire and whose opinion I respect has never favoured players like Ozil. He admits he has a natural distrust for these types of players and is their harshest critic. Speak to Bergkamp and Henry about how he set out to kick them all the time in training. Keown says he wanted to toughen them up. You gotta love the guy :lol: :lol:

But Waffi, Per Mertesacker Has been equally scathing of Ozil's approach as well. That's one too many ex players wouldn't you agree?

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cchinukw wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

But Waffi, Per Mertesacker Has been equally scathing of Ozil's approach as well. That's one too many ex players wouldn't you agree?
Yes. Per, like Raul, Emery etc all briefed against Ozil. That to me is the club line. Why? Why go on a PR offensive against your own player?

What Per ever this openly critical of Ozil when he played for Germany or Arsenal? He was not, but now in his capacity as a Coach, he comes out being critical in a way that is consistent with the other club executives.

Then Ozil responds denying all what they said. What is going on? Fans in social media then get at each others throats about Ozil. This is not how we should be conducting our business. It is a disgrace.

My position on this is clear, the numbers are there for anyone to analyse objectively. If you look at Ozil under Emery and Wenger, the numbers are categoric, Ozil is not in Emery plans and his performances reflect this. I have no problems with Emery deciding he does not want the player, I respect it because it is the prerogative of any Coach. But just be honest and up front about it. Ozil is a much loved player amongst the fans, but is there any need for them to try and ruin his reputation with false propaganda? This is not Arsenal, it is not how Arsenal conduct themselves and do business.