The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by kajifu »

Oga Tolahs did you have the link of what Van Persia said about he wasn't offered a contract?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

kajifu wrote:Oga Tolahs did you have the link of what Van Persia said about he wasn't offered a contract?

Here you go mate.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:Oga Tolahs did you have the link of what Van Persia said about he wasn't offered a contract?

Here you go mate.
Thanks always count on you.
Arsenal under Wenger and those fools can make someone get killed for no reason.They way most fans hate him when we don't know the truth.I see why he was always a danger guy when Manu face us,is like he has a message.I hope he is lying...It doesn't look good for likes of Wenger image and the board .
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Didn't Van Persie release a letter saying he had decided not to renew his deal?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Here you go mate.
And all that talk about the little kid in him wanting to play for ManU? To use his own analogy that's like then leaving your wife for her worst enemy since childhood and most bitter rival.

He can fvvk right off!!
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

“"I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.
"Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.
"I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided NOT to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.
LIAR!!!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Judas head no dey house and that of the little boy inside of him. He should just stay away from the Emirates or all he’ll will break loose...nonsense :curse:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Official loan fee for Coutinho was 8.5m euros plus wages. I think his wages are around 11m euros per year. I'm disappointed Arsenal didn't make a stronger push for him. We have 4 offensive positions available which Coutinho could have filled at any time. Between our current players and him we would have had quite the formidable attack that would have solidified our CL chances. Spending another 20m to get into the CL is not a bad ROI
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I find it hard to believe Arsenal did not offer RVP a new deal. Maybe it was a deal he did not like? If they did not offer a new contract it goes to show how foolish management was at the time. What I don't understand in any event is why they sold him to a rival. The club could have played hardball as well and told him they would only sell him abroad.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Heliopolis wrote:I find it hard to believe Arsenal did not offer RVP a new deal. Maybe it was a deal he did not like? If they did not offer a new contract it goes to show how foolish management was at the time. What I don't understand in any event is why they sold him to a rival. The club could have played hardball as well and told him they would only sell him abroad.
I’m sure you read his statement where he clearly said he will not extend his contract with Arsenal. And if u listen 2 the interview he contradicts himself as well.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Why is this RVP thing a discussion issue sef ...abeg lets stop making the guy relevant.

How una see David Liuz first appearance for us, he seemed shaky at times and I noticed he did not huff or head balls far ( maybe unai don warn am say we must play out from the back )..

I go like see holdings get more game time too .
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Helio, at 72M Pepe represents better business than Pipo Coutinho. Can take that to the bank.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, re: Backline vs Liverpool, one would give consideration to having a bit more defensive emphasis on our right. Maitland has a long way to go and the last thing he needs is an energiser bunny in Sadio Mane running at him. Thats akin to going up against the end of level Boss with half an energy bar. 'Tis alleged he's better further forward and perhaps that would be better deployment at Anfield, with a defending defender in behind. And then Ceballos turned up and scrambled everything with a terrific first innings.

Head scratcher for Emeribe, that same line-up might be too porous for Anfield. Lest we forget how many chances Burnley created.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:@Kaji, re: Backline vs Liverpool, one would give consideration to having a bit more defensive emphasis on our right. Maitland has a long way to go and the last thing he needs is an energiser bunny in Sadio Mane running at him. Thats akin to going up against the end of level Boss with half an energy bar. 'Tis alleged he's better further forward and perhaps that would be better deployment at Anfield, with a defending defender in behind. And then Ceballos turned up and scrambled everything with a terrific first innings.

Head scratcher for Emeribe, that same line-up might be too porous for Anfield. Lest we forget how many chances Burnley created.
Should we go with 3 at the back?
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Van Persie can lie sha. Haba.
Wenger and Gazidis met with him earlier that summer. The rumor then was that he wanted to win and he wasn't satisfied with the plan Wenger and Gazidis put forward. This young man was injured for half his time with us but we kept renewing his contract. He finally came good and decided to eff off to ManU. I was one of the few that was more understanding of his reasoning. But for him to come back years later and claim it was because he wasn't offered a contract. What a liar.

I did hear there were rumors he was interested in changing his mind after we had strengthened a bit, but maybe by then we had withdrawn our offer and were prepared to sell. Maybe that's what he meant. But had 2 summers to sign a contract and he didnt.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

amafolas wrote:Van Persie can lie sha. Haba.
Wenger and Gazidis met with him earlier that summer. The rumor then was that he wanted to win and he wasn't satisfied with the plan Wenger and Gazidis put forward. This young man was injured for half his time with us but we kept renewing his contract. He finally came good and decided to eff off to ManU. I was one of the few that was more understanding of his reasoning. But for him to come back years later and claim it was because he wasn't offered a contract. What a liar.

I did hear there were rumors he was interested in changing his mind after we had strengthened a bit, but maybe by then we had withdrawn our offer and were prepared to sell. Maybe that's what he meant. But had 2 summers to sign a contract and he didnt.
Nothing more to add bro.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal director Josh Kroenke has revealed conceding four goals in the second half of the Europa League final transformed the Gunners' approach to recruitment this summer and praised club staff for "working their magic" in the transfer market.
The Gunners lost 4-1 to Chelsea in Azerbaijan in May, consigning them to a third consecutive season outside the Champions League and limiting their spending power.
But speaking to BBC Sport, Kroenke said the disappointment of Baku was a turning point that led Arsenal to become one of the Premier League's biggest spenders this summer and raise expectations about their prospects for the campaign ahead.
"As the second half of the match unfolded, understanding the position we were in and some of the targets as we headed into the summer from a transfer standpoint, we had to rethink some of our strategy based on that last 45 minutes," said Kroenke.
The club, owned by Kroenke's billionaire father Stan, was criticised early in the summer by supporters' groups who called on directors to "reinvigorate" the Premier League side with a new approach to player transfers.
Speaking about the aftermath of the Europa League final and the change in transfer targets, Kroenke said: "We knew we wouldn't have Champions League football and that's what those type of talents are after. My main message to Vinai [Venkatesham, managing director] and Raul [Sanllehi, head of football] coming back from Baku on the plane and then throughout meetings all day the following day with them and Unai [Emery, head coach], was: 'Let's be aggressive and find out what's possible'.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys 4 more days oooh before the big game against Liverpool,i don dey shake oooooh.
What are our chances?Mane' saying he love to play against Arsenal since his Soton days.
I hope the players are not shaking also oooh.When last we beat Liverpool in a game?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hmmm the small pikin inside saying we go beat Liverpool,the fear inside me say they will hammer us ooooh.
Should we take a draw now before the game or go for the win.
Oooooh Mane,Salah and Bobby take it easy on us oooh.Klopp biko take it easy on us oooh
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

RVP is full of Sh!te

Ozil WILL have a great season, as long as Nnia Emeribe plays him. Imaging Prof with a team with Laca, Auba, Pepe, and Ozil.

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:RVP is full of Sh!te

Ozil WILL have a great season, as long as Nnia Emeribe plays him. Imaging Prof with a team with Laca, Auba, Pepe, and Ozil.

[/video]
Amen hope he do :clap: :clap: this time with world class players around him,no one to blame Giroud again for Ozil short coming.
I hope his fine form lead to better offer.But in truth Ozil is not a starter and Emery should pick players base on form and tactics
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, further to the question asked, Beloved does not know how to play a back three and thus should leave such motifs to those competent in the art. The issues Emeribe has with regard to Liverpool at Anfield are, amongst other things: Mane, the gegenpress and nullifying the fullbacks. Add to that, Dani Ceballos. The latter is arguably a conundrum, as talismanic debut merits a run out at Oga Anfield, but how, all the while compensating for the myriad weaknesses in our line-up and strengths in the opposition? On the plus side, Liverpool have yet to get started and if at all, now is the best time to lock horns.

As good as the win vs Burnley was, the number of chances conceded was concerning, give those to a team of better quality and its a problem. Personally, would consider a 4-4-2, yes the midfield loses a number but Lacazette can drop deeper. The key has got to be shutting down the fullbacks and keeping someone goal side of Mane.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Coach wrote:@Kaji, further to the question asked, Beloved does not know how to play a back three and thus should leave such motifs to those competent in the art. The issues Emeribe has with regard to Liverpool at Anfield are, amongst other things: Mane, the gegenpress and nullifying the fullbacks. Add to that, Dani Ceballos. The latter is arguably a conundrum, as talismanic debut merits a run out at Oga Anfield, but how, all the while compensating for the myriad weaknesses in our line-up and strengths in the opposition? On the plus side, Liverpool have yet to get started and if at all, now is the best time to lock horns.

As good as the win vs Burnley was, the number of chances conceded was concerning, give those to a team of better quality and its a problem. Personally, would consider a 4-4-2, yes the midfield loses a number but Lacazette can drop deeper. The key has got to be shutting down the fullbacks and keeping someone goal side of Mane.
And the best possible solution to curb that is to move Luiz into the DM position with Chambers pairing Sokratis in CD. If I were Emery i will consider a 4-2-1-3 formation.