The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by ojafranpa »

Emery puts Lacazette with Auba on together and then proceeds to put Auba on the left and Saka in a #10..I don't get it.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

SylverEagles wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Fire Emery tonight.

In top level football never double down on your mistakes. Fire Emery, name Freddie in term manager.

Come the summer go all in on likes of Ten Hag, restore a semblance of identity back into Arsenal.

Win is a win mentality is for clubs with ambitions of mid table.

Are we sure Freddie is the man? Is he not part of the management right now?
In term what are the other options?
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

BTW for those looking to use FB's being as en excuse for this result well....

Emery said before match injury was not the reason he did not start Tierney nor call up Bellerin so.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Detective Bunk Moreland

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal made 533 passes and 155 final third passes tonight - but had just 9 shots…

And only one on target from inside the box.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ojafranpa wrote:Emery puts Lacazette with Auba on together and then proceeds to put Auba on the left and Saka in a #10..I don't get it.
None of us get anything. :???:
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

ojafranpa wrote:Emery puts Lacazette with Auba on together and then proceeds to put Auba on the left and Saka in a #10..I don't get it.
Unai's Arsenal is fundamentally unable to pass through the center. Once Saka got shunted to the middle, I don't think he touched the ball once. Part of of the problem was Saka himself positioning himself between the lines with no easy passing lanes. But Emery's team seems to have a serious aversion for playing through the middle. They will rather pass to the CDs and then back to the wings. A central player is wasted in this Emery system.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ah well, when all else fails, turn to my Patriots. I trust them to not disappoint. Their ability to not fvvk up is predictably boring, and something to be emulated by Arsenal.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

In light of club sanctioned Ozil exile can anyone tell me Iwobi would not be huge asset to this club right about now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Please how can someone help me to delete Emery from my head? i don't want to hear that name ever again he is terrible.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Credit to Sheffield United tonight. Club without the money we have, but they are a proper team. They play a functional and effective system, with a coach who knows how to get the best out of each of his players and the work-rate from all involved on the pitch is superb. We could learn a thing or two.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I love Emery but may eventually have to accept that not all marriages work out.

The away support already on his case and fighting each other too.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
Unai's Arsenal is fundamentally unable to pass through the center. Once Saka got shunted to the middle, I don't think he touched the ball once. Part of of the problem was Saka himself positioning himself between the lines with no easy passing lanes. But Emery's team seems to have a serious aversion for playing through the middle. They will rather pass to the CDs and then back to the wings. A central player is wasted in this Emery system.
He has reversed the same system of last season. Last season he has Mikh occupying that zone between the FB and CD Saka does, but on the right side. He has Pepe doing the job of progressing the ball like Iwobi did last season.

The system is not working this season, notice how Pepe stopped playing to instructions as the progression player to feed Chambers and got subbed off.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:I love Emery but may eventually have to accept that not all marriages work out.

Everyone shout Alleluia. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Being waiting to read your "Emery needs time" epistle.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ojafranpa wrote:Please how can someone help me to delete Emery from my head? i don't want to hear that name ever again he is terrible.
When i warned you people about Emery, you guys twerked and told me that I was talking nonsense because he won trophies with PSG and Europa league with Sevilla. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:I love Emery but may eventually have to accept that not all marriages work out.

Your eye don begin open!??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Did i not tell you that he was simply not good enough for Arsenal? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ojafranpa wrote:If Emery really thinks Ceballos is better than Ozil he should be shot.Emery is a nutter.
When I warned you people about Ceballos, you guys told me to shut up! And that he was a world class player because he was doing tiki taka against burnley. :lol: :lol: The likes of Sleaky even began to take spanish lessons to say "hola dani" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:If Emery really thinks Ceballos is better than Ozil he should be shot.Emery is a nutter.
The same Xeballos you guys erected a new shrine for, wao that went down pretty fast. Was the shrine built with straws?
Uncle, na so we see am o! After the Burnley game, they were dancing jaskelebe! talking about "we have found the next Cazorla" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:

Everyone shout Alleluia. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My bro, I take the view that no Arsenal supporter wants us to fail. But there are some cold hard facts which have to be admitted and taken on board.

- Emery's first 49 were worse than Wenger's last 49. This despite £200m of talent added, plus quality young players, we have not improved.

- Lampard and Rodgers have instilled a philosophy with less resources. I see nothing from Emery, he just cannot make up his mind about this league.

- This is not about dislike for Emery. I always acknowledged Emery's critics and respected their views because they actually watch games. You have not criticised cos you are a hater, your football reasons have been clear.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote:
When I warned you people about Ceballos, you guys told me to shut up! And that he was a world class player because he was doing tiki taka against burnley. :lol: :lol: The likes of Sleaky even began to take spanish lessons to say "hola dani" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This Danfo wicked sha :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Una see wetin Emeribe cause..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:

My bro, I take the view that no Arsenal supporter wants us to fail. But there are some cold hard facts which have to be admitted and taken on board.

- Emery's first 49 were worse than Wenger's last 49. This despite £200m of talent added, plus quality young players, we have not improved.

- Lampard and Rodgers have instilled a philosophy with less resources. I see nothing from Emery, he just cannot make up his mind about this league.

- This is not about dislike for Emery. I always acknowledged Emery's critics and respected their views because they actually watch games. You have not criticised cos you are a hater, your football reasons have been clear.
But when Sleaky was here abusing people you supported his comments ? Ok o ...

Sleaky will come and blame Xhaka for today's loss but will forget conveniently that we created a total of two attempts all game ..2 faaaaaa

He will come and say I am taking names :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Who be sleaky? I have been away from here for too long
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:

But when Sleaky was here abusing people you supported his comments ? Ok o ...

Sleaky will come and blame Xhaka for today's loss but will forget conveniently that we created a total of two attempts all game ..2 faaaaaa

He will come and say I am taking names :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I did not support any abusive comments. Nor drag me inside una kwanta. :D
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

If Mesut had played that game and Arsenal still lost, he would have been blamed for it. Ozil really needs to leave Arsenal because he will always be the subject of discourse or shoulder the blame regardless. It is quite a shame that the person who believes in him is no longer in charge at the Arsenal.

Unai has been quite underwhelming so far. Despite the talent at his disposal, his Arsenal continues to put in 6/10 performances (at best) in the league. 'Tis gonna be a long season.