The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote: Go and read what the Barca President said about him after losing a 4-0 lead over Barca and you will understand why. "Settled team" in the same sentence with Emery? I pray ooooo
People keep bringing up this Barca loss. Since you did though, I have to ask, how many CL trophies has PSG won since Emery left the club? :roll:
Bro keep basking in the euphoria of Wenger leaving. I hope by the time you wake up and realize Emery is Arsenal's version of The Chosen One, Moyes of Man U we wont be struggling to be in the top 10.
We were already pants before he came. Pants in everything from our position in the league to having the likes of Jack Wilshere in the squad!

Yeah, let's blame Emery for Arsenal's woeful state before he became the gaffer.

For your info, I was one of those who predicted that Arsenal was going to become a Europa League club while you and other Wenger cheerleaders couldn't see an Arsenal without him in charge.

I still maintain that Arsenal at 6th and even 5th last year was a flattery considering our real state. The sooner you guys understand that this transformation has been a long time coming, the better for una state of mind.

Arsenal needs to rebuild. Even the mentality is still weak. Arsenal score one goal and it's like the players think they've won the World Cup. Look at Mane. He wanted to score more even when the scoreline was still 3 nil.

And when was the last time we got to the final of an international competition?

There you go.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

balo wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

“Of course critics are always here,' Xhaka told Sky Sports. 'The north London derby, I think we had a good game. I made a mistake with the penalty but if you saw the game, we could have won.

We had a lot of chances but this is football. Nobody speaks about the chances, nobody speaks about how many we missed. They always speak about the mistakes.

'This is part of football.'
I wonder how this will play with Granit Xhaka’s teammates. Here he is shifting blame and pointing fingers at the forwards rather than acknowledging his horrible record 4 penalties conceded and mistakes leading 2 goals.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sleaky72 wrote:
“Of course critics are always here,' Xhaka told Sky Sports. 'The north London derby, I think we had a good game. I made a mistake with the penalty but if you saw the game, we could have won.

We had a lot of chances but this is football. Nobody speaks about the chances, nobody speaks about how many we missed. They always speak about the mistakes.

'This is part of football.'
I wonder how this will play with Granit Xhaka’s teammates. Here he is shifting blame and pointing fingers at the forwards rather than acknowledging his horrible record 4 penalties conceded and mistakes leading 2 goals.
He is a big fool,this is a guy who was running his mouth when we sign him how he will deal with any player who do not give their all and make silly mistakes yet he is chief in that part.
Simple say may be if you did not give penalty Arsenal take all 3 points.How such guys end up at Arsenal and worst captain?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:@MKume my guy no vex
Arsenal finish 6th before Emery took over with 63 points,Emery first season he finish 5th 72 point,that is 9 more points than Wenger.Get to Europa final,some thing Wenger could not do playing a man advantage the previous year.
Oga Nkume doesn't know about Liverpool for you to claim they last won a trophy since Gerrard Houllier,when i say you lie you go start vex.May be you just don't know.
Emery finish last season in a better position than Wenger last season that he took over from Wenger.You never want Wenger to go but you are judging emery who is trying to clean the mess of Wenger.Is Emery a good coach,some will say yes ,he won 3 straight Europa.No one has ever done that,I don't rate him but its fresh air having him than Wenger.
Emery will not last at Arsenal since he is average.The is a reason PSG let him go after two season.
God bless you. So that was actually 2 years of regressive performance from a situation where we were Premier League runners up.

Short memories indeed.
Wenger last season we were that bad 63 points before the club decide enough is enough Wenger must go,just know we were going down so fast.We were figthing 6th spot with Burnley that finish 7th.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assanal fans it's International break, I go give una small break...I dey go gym
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Assanal fans it's International break, I go give una small break...I dey go gym
Please don't go and eat turkey straight after o. :tic:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:@MKume my guy no vex
Arsenal finish 6th before Emery took over with 63 points,Emery first season he finish 5th 72 point,that is 9 more points than Wenger.Get to Europa final,some thing Wenger could not do playing a man advantage the previous year.
Oga Nkume doesn't know about Liverpool for you to claim they last won a trophy since Gerrard Houllier,when i say you lie you go start vex.May be you just don't know.
Emery finish last season in a better position than Wenger last season that he took over from Wenger.You never want Wenger to go but you are judging emery who is trying to clean the mess of Wenger.Is Emery a good coach,some will say yes ,he won 3 straight Europa.No one has ever done that,I don't rate him but its fresh air having him than Wenger.
Emery will not last at Arsenal since he is average.The is a reason PSG let him go after two season.
God bless you. So that was actually 2 years of regressive performance from a situation where we were Premier League runners up.

Short memories indeed.
Wenger last season we were that bad 63 points before the club decide enough is enough Wenger must go,just know we were going down so fast.We were figthing 6th spot with Burnley that finish 7th.
Abeg tell the Wengerists o. Left to them, Wenger would be there for another 10 years. Ehen! :mad:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
You guys are aware Alexis went to Inter w/o a loan fee paid & ManU pays 300k of his 400k weekly wages. Ceba was struggling 15/20mins in, was he injured?
Ozil had to be held back after the riobbery incident but i think against a tiring Spurs side like today with 30mins to go, he's a far superior passer than anyone we'd on the subs bench!!!
You would have rather had Ozil than Ceballos? Based on what really? Got 2 be sentiments, becuz clearly neither the numbers, the body of work in critical games or the eye test optics support your point here. Just saying IMHO.
Optics is a moot point cos Ozil hasn't featured this season. His pre-season was good.
The sentiment point is wishful thinking. I saw how Georginio Wijnaldum shut Dani down @anfield - that was possible cos Dani holds on to the ball too long - when you take that away from him, he struggles. Think Cesc, Rosicky - i don't know if he can add that to his game soon enough cos if not he'll struggle vs the top 6.
Gooners are projecting way beyond the kids skillset - dribbling ain't zilch if we aren't getting end products. When teams set up in numbers to defend, you gotta penetrate via pace or/& pass.
Irony's you're the geezer holding last season against dude.
---------------------------------------------------
I ain't a Paul Merson fan but he has a point here:
"Unai Emery has missed a trick with a midfield player. The only solution I see would be to play the front three with Mesut Ozil in the hole behind them and have two holding in front of the back four. The four attackers can get on with scoring goals and then the rest can try and keep them out at the other end"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... n-disguise
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Haven't I advocated this? Play like that and teams will be more bothered about stopping our front 4 than attacking us. And yes that includes the top 6 teams. Play this against Man City and Liverpool and you expect a basketball like game. But then we have a middle-level coach with safety first mentality.
I still don't get why he has stopped the 4-2-3-1. He really needs to get a settled team together ASAP.
Go and read what the Barca President said about him after losing a 4-0 lead over Barca and you will understand why. "Settled team" in the same sentence with Emery? I pray ooooo

In the prelude to Liverpool match i advocated moving Luiz to the DM position. I still stand by that. And i will go as far as giving Musti/Holdings pairing in the CD a go when holdings get back to his fit and rearing with Luiz still at the DM.

Under Benitez Luiz excelled there at CokeSea. Playing him there will reduce his errors being calamitous to a minimum. And being a natural CD, he will always cover well for the CDs. He's as good a passer as Xhaka if not better so the need to play Xhaka is negated. The problem is who pairs him. I will go Torreira/Cabz. I believe we can better utilize Cabelloz as the twin to Luiz in a 4-2-1-3 position. He has so far shown he's more positional conscious than Ramsey.

People blame Sokratis for stepping out to contest that header that led to the Spuds first goal. He had no choice as because Xhaka isn't a DM and a rewatch will prove him right even though the goal came as a result of that. If Sokratis hadn't gone for the header in all probability the goal could have resulted given the half-hearted jump for the header by Xhaka.
On Luiz, I we shared the same sentiments. I recall what Benitez did with him in that position.

But on Socratis. I disagree. If he held his position, before going for that stupid header, he wins the ball from the header because he was in perfect position. You can miss the first header, but if you do miss, you must win the ball from the header. We did not do this and it cost us.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Waffiman wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
You guys are aware Alexis went to Inter w/o a loan fee paid & ManU pays 300k of his 400k weekly wages. Ceba was struggling 15/20mins in, was he injured?
Ozil had to be held back after the riobbery incident but i think against a tiring Spurs side like today with 30mins to go, he's a far superior passer than anyone we'd on the subs bench!!!
You would have rather had Ozil than Ceballos? Based on what really? Got 2 be sentiments, becuz clearly neither the numbers, the body of work in critical games or the eye test optics support your point here. Just saying IMHO.
Optics is a moot point cos Ozil hasn't featured this season. His pre-season was good.
The sentiment point is wishful thinking. I saw how Georginio Wijnaldum shut Dani down @anfield - that was possible cos Dani holds on to the ball too long - when you take that away from him, he struggles. Think Cesc, Rosicky - i don't know if he can add that to his game soon enough cos if not he'll struggle vs the top 6.
Gooners are projecting way beyond the kids skillset - dribbling ain't zilch if we aren't getting end products. When teams set up in numbers to defend, you gotta penetrate via pace or/& pass.
Irony's you're the geezer holding last season against dude.
---------------------------------------------------
I ain't a Paul Merson fan but he has a point here:
"Unai Emery has missed a trick with a midfield player. The only solution I see would be to play the front three with Mesut Ozil in the hole behind them and have two holding in front of the back four. The four attackers can get on with scoring goals and then the rest can try and keep them out at the other end"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... n-disguise
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Haven't I advocated this? Play like that and teams will be more bothered about stopping our front 4 than attacking us. And yes that includes the top 6 teams. Play this against Man City and Liverpool and you expect a basketball like game. But then we have a middle-level coach with safety first mentality.
I still don't get why he has stopped the 4-2-3-1. He really needs to get a settled team together ASAP.
Go and read what the Barca President said about him after losing a 4-0 lead over Barca and you will understand why. "Settled team" in the same sentence with Emery? I pray ooooo

In the prelude to Liverpool match i advocated moving Luiz to the DM position. I still stand by that. And i will go as far as giving Musti/Holdings pairing in the CD a go when holdings get back to his fit and rearing with Luiz still at the DM.

Under Benitez Luiz excelled there at CokeSea. Playing him there will reduce his errors being calamitous to a minimum. And being a natural CD, he will always cover well for the CDs. He's as good a passer as Xhaka if not better so the need to play Xhaka is negated. The problem is who pairs him. I will go Torreira/Cabz. I believe we can better utilize Cabelloz as the twin to Luiz in a 4-2-1-3 position. He has so far shown he's more positional conscious than Ramsey.

People blame Sokratis for stepping out to contest that header that led to the Spuds first goal. He had no choice as because Xhaka isn't a DM and a rewatch will prove him right even though the goal came as a result of that. If Sokratis hadn't gone for the header in all probability the goal could have resulted given the half-hearted jump for the header by Xhaka.
On Luiz, I we shared the same sentiments. I recall what Benitez did with him in that position.

But on Socratis. I disagree. If he held his position, before going for that stupid header, he wins the ball from the header because he was in perfect position. You can miss the first header, but if you do miss, you must win the ball from the header. We did not do this and it cost us.
why are you replying to yourself?
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cchinukw wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Assanal fans it's International break, I go give una small break...I dey go gym
i ate fish and juiced some fruits, I am on a no carbs diet 19 more days to go, I did 6 weeks earlier this year, and currently on a 3 weeks prep.... man birthday dey come and man wan flenjo....I do the no carbs 2ce a year...it's all about the healthy lifestyle
SuperEagles

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
i ate fish and juiced some fruits, I am on a no carbs diet 19 more days to go, I did 6 weeks earlier this year, and currently on a 3 weeks prep.... man birthday dey come and man wan flenjo....I do the no carbs 2ce a year...it's all about the healthy lifestyle
...and about settling down with an iyawo :sneaky:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cchinukw wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
what has my shewen got to do with this? anyways she's doing well , we went on a trip last weekend and we hit the gym yesterday as well
SuperEagles

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
what has my shewen got to do with this? anyways she's doing well , we went on a trip last weekend and we hit the gym yesterday as well
My point is you need to settle down to help you focus properly when you are on CE

I assume, you haven't popped the question as egbon never get invite :D

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

cchinukw wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
My point is you need to settle down to help you focus properly when you are on CE

I assume, you haven't popped the question as egbon never get invite :D
Pop wetin? The only thing bigpokey is popping is a drumstick off the thanksgiving turkey. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

yes I will eat turkey legs during the holidays, i see nothing wrong eating baked or grilled turkey legs, yall should try visiting the Turkey leg hut
SuperEagles

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:yes I will eat turkey legs during the holidays, i see nothing wrong eating baked or grilled turkey legs, yall should try visiting the Turkey leg hut
Something tells me you only went to the gym to use the jacuzzi :laugh:

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

cchinukw wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:yes I will eat turkey legs during the holidays, i see nothing wrong eating baked or grilled turkey legs, yall should try visiting the Turkey leg hut...
Something tells me you only went to the gym to use the jacuzzi :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Pokie carry your jagbajantis walka from this thread. Its about Arsenal and not your pretend chelski loving behind :twisted:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Waffiman wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: digging football from 11 years ago...keep pulling a ghana , 1982 was just 37 years ago....what a TY looking joker :roll:
SuperEagles

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The Ivorian FA reported a few days ago that Pepe showed up with an injury.

Now reports are, Pepe has withdrawn from the Ivory Coast squad with injury. The reports say he will spend remainder of international break back in London, agreed by Arsenal and Ivorian federation.

They claim no injury, just without a pre-season, and it is felt best he works on fitness at Colney. In effect, both country and club agreed best course of action for player was to spend the break back with Arsenal.

We really need Pepe at his best soonest. This will help a lot.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:The Ivorian FA reported a few days ago that Pepe showed up with an injury.

Now reports are, Pepe has withdrawn from the Ivory Coast squad with injury. The reports say he will spend remainder of international break back in London, agreed by Arsenal and Ivorian federation.

They claim no injury, just without a pre-season, and it is felt best he works on fitness at Colney. In effect, both country and club agreed best course of action for player was to spend the break back with Arsenal.

I agree with this move. It make sense. With Pepe I see great potential but I also see another Gervinho. I hope he get rolling to get that thought process of another Gervinho out of my head...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robbynice wrote:
Waffiman wrote:The Ivorian FA reported a few days ago that Pepe showed up with an injury.

I agree with this move. It make sense. With Pepe I see great potential but I also see another Gervinho. I hope he get rolling to get that thought process of another Gervinho out of my head...
get real, gervinho is miles ahead of pepe and he came cheaper :lol:
SuperEagles