The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Robbynice »

elerineye wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Took the 2/3/4-0 comfortable home wins Wenger produced year on year for granted. Used to rinse these teams at home for fun.
Please stop. Wenger is part responsible for the current mess.
You will never understand.
...at all...
And frankly it is a damn shame, ofcourse that is if you ask me...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:this assanal season thread must remain as the first topic on this sub forum.... you people aren't going to vanish because of no wins in 9 matches... that cchukuwuwuwu don vanish, dey take style claim NHS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chinwuruwuru is a sycophant and a coward. :rotf: :rotf: not surprised the reptile has vanished :lol:
I dey o. How is ya red stain na after the rape scandal? :taunt:
Oh boy, I hear sey the red stain soak your sheets after Brighton went to town vigorously! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:We will be fine. Team just needs to pull together, fight for every possession, get back to the basics, and string a couple of wins together. Securing the new manager couldn't be more important at this point cause Freddie, though he has my support, doesn't seem to be bold enough to make strong decisions. The Board has to get it right this time or....
Maybe Fredie has a plan my bro. Let's wait and see.

Our players looked jaded and tired. Above all, their confidence is shot to pieces.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

wanaj0 wrote:I am waiting for Waffiman's match report before commenting. I want the multi colored posts please :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My bro, my match is just one word.

Shambles.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Mister Dolly wrote:Aii..I just watched my last Arsenal game of the season. Good luck to the next manager.
See you next game. :D
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:Have they finished building the stadium?

Is that a question for Oga Waffi? Na only his Advanced Scientific Economic and Financial Calculator fit answer the question o :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wenger has done his job. He reversed a debt of almost £500m to a surplus of £49m in 10 years by keeping us in the CL and selling his best players. What Wenger did in that 10 year period is only now being appreciated now he is gone.

He spoilt us rotten, and he is missed hugely in that stadium. All you had to do was be there and listen to those who said is time was up openly admit they were wrong. It is a common theme at the Emirates. Season after season, with player far worse than what we got now, he kept us up. Even the worst Wenger, in is final season, had the 2nd best home record. It took a record breaking Man City team that spent hundreds of millions, to have a better home record than him by 3 points and 2 more goals.

People talk of leadership on the pitch criticising the players. I ask them, who leads this club? Have a look all over the club there is no leadership, it is all falling to pieces. Wenger covered for these guys first years, he did all their jobs, look at all of them now.

Kroenke has fired 32 back staff since Wenger left, hardly any have been replaced, instead he has tried to merge jobs in his cut cutting exercise. Wenger saw Shad needed help with fitness and conditioning, so he brought in the Australian, Josh got rid of the Australian, keeping Shad, now everyone is asking questions about our players fitness.

We have Raul who was brought in to negotiate deals, now the head of football operations overseeing and trying to run the club. Everyone knows he is out of his depth and Kroenke is arrogant and cluless. The club behind the scenes is totally rudderless.

But fans are fed up. Many have already decided they are not showing up, hitting them in their pockets. The winter of our discontent is just beginning.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:Have they finished building the stadium?

Is that a question for Oga Waffi? Na only his Advanced Scientific Economic and Financial Calculator fit answer the question o :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wenger has done his job. He reversed a debt of almost £500m to a surplus of £49m in 10 years by keeping us in the CL and selling his best players. What Wenger did in that 10 year period is only now being appreciated now he is gone.

He spoilt us rotten, and he is missed hugely in that stadium. All you had to do was be there and listen to those who said is time was up openly admit they were wrong. It is a common theme at the Emirates. Season after season, with player far worse than what we got now, he kept us up. Even the worst Wenger, in is final season, had the 2nd best home record. It took a record breaking Man City team that spent hundreds of millions, to have a better home record than him by 3 points and 2 more goals.

People talk of leadership on the pitch criticising the players. I ask them, who leads this club? Have a look all over the club there is no leadership, it is all falling to pieces. Wenger covered for these guys first years, he did all their jobs, look at all of them now.

Kroenke has fired 32 back staff since Wenger left, hardly any have been replaced, instead he has tried to merge jobs in his cut cutting exercise. Wenger saw Shad needed help with fitness and conditioning, so he brought in the Australian, Josh got rid of the Australian, keeping Shad, now everyone is asking questions about our players fitness.

We have Raul who was brought in to negotiate deals, now the head of football operations overseeing and trying to run the club. Everyone knows he is out of his depth and Kroenke is arrogant and cluless. The club behind the scenes is totally rudderless.

But fans are fed up. Many have already decided they are not showing up, hitting them in their pockets. The winter of our discontent is just beginning.
Ol boy. Wenger was phenomenal for you guys but sooner or later his time wlll end. The fact that he was there for soooo long meant the change will just be as painful. Look at Liverpool of the 80's and look at Man United after SAF. Long tenures often lead to a time in the wilderness.
More so now that the traditional top 4 is being challenged by money bag clubs and smaller clubs enjoying increased financial muscles.

You're on the road to a new era. What is happening is normal birth pains you guys must go through. The sooner the fans realize this the better. Immediate manager after Wenger was highly unlikely to bring you instant success. You might have to go through 2 or 3 managers to really cleanse yourselves of the Arsene Wenger haunting of that stadium and fans mindset.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

I hear all kinds of excuses being thrown out there for our funk - we must start with holding Raúl Sanllehí to account & by extension those above him whose strategic deficit is harming us bad. The timing of Emery's sacking was always going to be difficult for any incoming gaffer. We knew the date of upcoming fixtures, yet waited 'till the last minute just for the optics.
I hear about the team lacking balance etc - that stands for all teams - our major issues revolve around the tolerance of bad habits. Habits are drilled into teams that limited players end up looking good - it's an impossible argument to make that both Brighton & Sheffield United have better squads & players than we do, what they both have in common are qualities of well drilled teams. Graham Potter only joined Brighton this year.
Freddie is in my opinion slow(way slow) in not insisting on a midfield shield. What you can see though are his efforts to turn us into a possession team built on quick passes & movement expose us a team with many hiders. People scared of the ball.
Arsene once said it took guts to want the ball - so true 'dat!!!
Our diminishing revenue streams means we cannot compete for big name managers who in the present circumstances will not want to come in this month giving the tough fixtures ahead. Let's make this season a free hit - the best we can hope for is 6th. Plus their financial demands will be tough on us.
Let Freddie go recruit one or two assistants with some defensive know how & go from there.
If as reported Auba has withdrawn from contract talks - dem thangs getting heavier!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assanal 5 points from relegation :laugh:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why are people surprised. I said it before the start of the season. We don't need Pepe. We need to fix the defense. The club already had up and coming players like Saka at the club. Iwobi was doing well. Pepe was a luxury signing the club didn't need.

Lets be real. The club needs at least one new DM, CB to start next to Saliba next season and probably two new right full backs next season. Belerin or chambers or Niles should never play another minute at right back for Arsenal. Thierney is a good signing at left back.

We can have a new defensive pairing of Thierney, Saliba, new CD, new right back. Holden and Sokratis can provide depth. Need a defensive midfielder like Ndidi.

Gueondouzi need to improve his defensive game or we need to sell him. Xhaka should be sold. Toreria should get more games. The youngsters like Niles and Willock need to go out on loan.

Sell Ozil or do a 2 year loan deal.

If Aubameyang or Lacazette refuse to sign a new deal. Sell them too. No more running down contracts.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:Why are people surprised. I said it before the start of the season. We don't need Pepe. We need to fix the defense. The club already had up and coming players like Saka at the club. Iwobi was doing well. Pepe was a luxury signing the club didn't need.

Lets be real. The club needs at least one new DM, CB to start next to Saliba next season and probably two new right full backs next season. Belerin or chambers or Niles should never play another minute at right back for Arsenal. Thierney is a good signing at left back.

We can have a new defensive pairing of Thierney, Saliba, new CD, new right back. Holden and Sokratis can provide depth. Need a defensive midfielder like Ndidi.

Gueondouzi need to improve his defensive game or we need to sell him. Xhaka should be sold. Toreria should get more games. The youngsters like Niles and Willock need to go out on loan.

If Aubameyang or Lacazette refuse to sign a new deal. Sell them too. No more running down contracts.
Without effective screening in front of the last line of defence, any defensive pair will suffer. We lack shape & compactness - that comes from coaching drills. It cannot be argued that we have the worst collection of players in the league - we just have had horrible clueless coaching with bad habits tolerated.
Emery came in trying to turn us into a counter attacking team that conceded territory but was extremely unsuccessful. Freddie's trying to make us pass & move again, concede less territory but a team once known for possession footie now have guys scared of the rock.
You mention all those players but part of our huge problem starting from Wenger Mark 2 thru Emery's we end up playing DMs as box-2-box midfielders.
We're getting way worse that the potential of this squad. If oldies are confused, Pepe like them would be. Team Defence!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Unai turned Arsenal full and completely into a chicken team.

Freddie cannot fix that ..he has no experience to fix or sadly even steady that ship...the best he can do is starve off relegation if anyone expects more from Freddie then that person should have kept Unai.

I wanted Unai gone and I also Think Freddie will save us from Relegation but he will not get us to 6th position that will be in itself a miracle .
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Why are people surprised. I said it before the start of the season. We don't need Pepe. We need to fix the defense. The club already had up and coming players like Saka at the club. Iwobi was doing well. Pepe was a luxury signing the club didn't need.

Without effective screening in front of the last line of defence, any defensive pair will suffer. We lack shape & compactness - that comes from coaching drills. It cannot be argued that we have the worst collection of players in the league - we just have had horrible clueless coaching with bad habits tolerated.
Emery came in trying to turn us into a counter attacking team that conceded territory but was extremely unsuccessful. Freddie's trying to make us pass & move again, concede less territory but a team once known for possession footie now have guys scared of the rock.
You mention all those players but part of our huge problem starting from Wenger Mark 2 thru Emery's we end up playing DMs as box-2-box midfielders.
We're getting way worse that the potential of this squad. If oldies are confused, Pepe like them would be. Team Defence!!!
I agree, but we also need more talented players in defense. The players we have now are not athletic enough. Belerin is a huge disappointment for me. He could be a world class defender if he works hard on his craft. Instead he is more interested in modeling.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

chinwuruwuru? kedu? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assanal fans no vex, una go win monday :D
SuperEagles

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Assanal fans no vex, una go win monday :D
Amen o :-x
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50700719
Arsenal financial results: Gunners reveal £23.5m loss for 2018-19
By Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Arsenal have revealed a pre-tax loss of £23.5m for the year to 31 May, compared with a £97.4m profit 12 months earlier.

The reversal is attributed to revenue from outgoing transfers reducing from £122.3m to £16.8m.

The Premier League club says average annual profit club from player sales over the past five seasons, including 2019-20, is £34m.

Playing in the Europa League rather than the Champions League had an "adverse impact".

Arsenal also confirmed their fifth-placed finish last season was below the pre-season target of securing a return to the Champions League after a two-year absence.

The details of Arsenal's matchday revenue will only be known when Arsenal Holdings releases its figures.

However, the sums announced on Saturday underline the Gunners' reliance on player sales to help fund squad-building. The figures do not cover this season and therefore do not include any pay-off to former manager Unai Emery, who was sacked in November.

Overall revenue fell from £388.6m to £367.5m. Wages went down from £204.9m to £200.8m.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Robbynice wrote:
elerineye wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Took the 2/3/4-0 comfortable home wins Wenger produced year on year for granted. Used to rinse these teams at home for fun.
Please stop. Wenger is part responsible for the current mess.
You will never understand.
...at all...
And frankly it is a damn shame, ofcourse that is if you ask me...smdh
This was the same way Robby that you were damning and shaing while Arsenal was burning slowly.

Who sold Oxlade Chamberlain again? Chew on that for a bit.

Any way sha. we are in it together now. :D

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Cito wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50700719
By Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Arsenal have revealed a pre-tax loss of £23.5m for the year to 31 May, compared with a £97.4m profit 12 months earlier.

The reversal is attributed to revenue from outgoing transfers reducing from £122.3m to £16.8m.

The Premier League club says average annual profit club from player sales over the past five seasons, including 2019-20, is £34m.

Playing in the Europa League rather than the Champions League had an "adverse impact".

Arsenal also confirmed their fifth-placed finish last season was below the pre-season target of securing a return to the Champions League after a two-year absence.

The details of Arsenal's matchday revenue will only be known when Arsenal Holdings releases its figures.

However, the sums announced on Saturday underline the Gunners' reliance on player sales to help fund squad-building. The figures do not cover this season and therefore do not include any pay-off to former manager Unai Emery, who was sacked in November.

Overall revenue fell from £388.6m to £367.5m. Wages went down from £204.9m to £200.8m.
I wan laugh but Waffi go kill me if him never do so already for him mind.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So assnal no make profit :rotf: may that club continue to plummet
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:So assnal no make profit :rotf: may that club continue to plummet
Amen!! :D
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Cito wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50700719
By Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Maybe the Kroenke's will finally sell up to somebody who knows how to run a football club or they will finally realise that they are running the club onto the ground
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Simply put, the Towers of Babel fell as promised and little more than rubble remains. Rebuild. Get rid of the garbage, if there is to be emphasis on youth, there’s plenty in the Championship, the greatest show on earth, of stripes and conquest far beyond the swapping of marbles that takes place in the rugrat ranks. Nate Ferguson at the Hawthorns, solid. Fully expect the lad to be the next AWB, massive outlay by one of the big boys in a year or two.

Forget that fraudulent youth setup that pays tens of thousands to Bobrisky bottlejobs, there are teenagers proving themselves men in the belly of the beast, twice a week, not to mention an early start in the FA Cup. Big. Black. Pacy. All the stereotypes for a fantastic Sunday morning write up, bring ‘em in. All of ‘em.