The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Cito »

Thunder wrote:Arsenal Squad for USA:

Keepers: Leno, Martinez, Macey

Defenders: Bellerin, Jenkinson, Chambers, Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding, Mavropanos, Medley, Monreal, Kolasinac, Thompson,

Midfielders: Maitland-Niles, Willock, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Olayinka, Burton

Attackers: Martinelli, Saka, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah, John-Jules

Where’s Gendouzi?
Sold to Spurs for 1.8million :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]kajifu[/color] wrote: So let me get this straight,Spurs just built a stadium worth 1 billion plus yet they still have money to shop around until going after our target?I mean I thought if you built a stadium you don't have money to spend for some time or those were lies beloved were covering up?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You see, we are not a foolish club that doesn't know how to manage it's finances. Daniel Levy is a financial genius. He saw the mistakes your little club made and opted to do something completely different. He saved so much money over the last 2 transfer windows by not buying but instead selling players. He asked his manager to continue to perform magic with the squad with the promise of money to spend after the stadium is built. Do you realize how much revenue this stadium is going to generating? NFL, hospitality, match day gate fees. The revolutionary stadium built and the lucrative deal with NFL means we can play at home on a Saturday and host a NFL match on Sunday with the pitch still looking pristine. With the way the stadium is set up you don't have to go out of stadium to enjoy an after match get together meaning the stadium can earn up to £1 million on each match day. With a 62K+ sitter we can rake in cash over fist each time a game is played. There is even talk of hosting big time fights there like the rematch of Joshua with Ruiz Jr.

Oh boy, we are operating on a different level from now on. We have laid a template for how other teams to follow going forward.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Thunder[/color] wrote: Arsenal Squad for USA:

Keepers: Leno, Martinez, Macey

Defenders: Bellerin, Jenkinson, Chambers, Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding, Mavropanos, Medley, Monreal, Kolasinac, Thompson,

Midfielders: Maitland-Niles, Willock, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Olayinka, Burton

Attackers: Martinelli, Saka, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah, John-Jules

Where’s Gendouzi?
Sold to Spurs for 1.8million :taunt:
We are not a money miss road club :taunt:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]kajifu[/color] wrote: So let me get this straight,Spurs just built a stadium worth 1 billion plus yet they still have money to shop around until going after our target?I mean I thought if you built a stadium you don't have money to spend for some time or those were lies beloved were covering up?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You see, we are not a foolish club that doesn't know how to manage it's finances. Daniel Levy is a financial genius. He saw the mistakes your little club made and opted to do something completely different. He saved so much money over the last 2 transfer windows by not buying but instead selling players. He asked his manager to continue to perform magic with the squad with the promise of money to spend after the stadium is built. Do you realize how much revenue this stadium is going to generating? NFL, hospitality, match day gate fees. The revolutionary stadium built and the lucrative deal with NFL means we can play at home on a Saturday and host a NFL match on Sunday with the pitch still looking pristine. With the way the stadium is set up you don't have to go out of stadium to enjoy an after match get together meaning the stadium can earn up to £1 million on each match day. With a 62K+ sitter we can rake in cash over fist each time a game is played. There is even talk of hosting big time fights there like the rematch of Joshua with Ruiz Jr.

Oh boy, we are operating on a different level from now on. We have laid a template for how other teams to follow going forward.
dude get a hold of yourself, you live in Lagos, you have zero say on any club's finances..just watch the games from your TV...my goodness
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome back TG,where have you been?Your team doing great at the ANC so far.
Still here.

Arsenal wise there is nothing to really add, we all see the issues, frankly bored by all of it.

As for Tunisia AFCON journey..I don't want to jinx my boys... :) :) :)
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Its a Goal wrote:

IAG my bro. Welcome back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you love banter, and you are of course an educated man with sense, abeg nor let Spuds make you tok like person wey nor go school.

Quick question, when Arsenal built a stadium, the next highest source of revenue to match day receipts was....? Answer, TV revenue. What was TV revenue then compared to now? Now do a quick comparison, adjust for inflation then you start getting an educated idea of what the real situation is. Arsenal projected the loan repayments and the running of the club on CL revenue and gate receipts. At that time EPL Sky revenue was not the key revenue to leverage the loan repayments. Today, we know TV revenue dwarfs gate receipts and TV revenue alone would have covered Arsenal loan repayments leaving the club in a better shape to compete.

This simple fact exposes the folly of your position. It shows that knowledge of respective financial realities as at the time of Arsenal stadium project and Spuds stadium rebuilding is very important when making such comparisons.

But you are Spuds, the cheapest and most common, in a desperate attempt to elevate yourself up to the company of those who create and set the highest standards, that place whence you do not belong, you know you dare not compare like with like. If you do your reality is still very depressing. :taunt: :taunt:

You talk about finances, let's have a look at certain realities. What was the budget for your stadium? It was supposed to cost £600m but so far, it has cost over one billion pounds. Yet, without any irony or shame, you want to give lectures about finances. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Also, another fallacy is when Spuds fans in an attempt to belong comparing, Arsenal's stadium project to their little project of rebuilding their old stadium. Arsenal moved from Highbury to Ashburton Grove, in doing so, they did not just build a stadium, they redeveloped the whole area. They built social housing, two bridges, renovated 3 tube stations and 2 rail stations, Highbury stadium, knocked down and converted to luxury flats etc. You get it. You cannot compare Arsenal grand stadium project to your small stadium rebuild. The building of the stadium on it's own, cost just under £300m, yet the whole Arsenal stadium project cost over £700m. You get it. :taunt: :taunt:

If Arsenal were to do it the same time as your stadium, it will cost well over the 1 billion it has cost you to rebuild your stadium at White Hart Lane. Only a club as big as Arsenal could have pulled its massive stadium project off. But Spuds fans like IAG want to compare the cost the of rebuilding their stadium at White Hart Lane to what Arsenal achieved. Once again, when we look at these things properly, it becomes obvious, Spuds are not at our level. :lol: :lol:

Also, Arsenal pulled this massive project off on time and in budget. Spuds could not even rebuild a stadium on time and in budget, yet you call Levy, one of those responsible for delivering the rebuild of a stadium, £500m over budget a genius. :lol: :lol: In any other private enterprise, Levy would gave been fired but at Spuds, he is a genius. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: But this is Spuds, it is how you have rolled all your history. No standards, gutter standards. :taunt:

If you want me to continue I will but let me remind you of this fact. When we talk about fiscal prudence in football, there is only one club with the gold standard. But we don't rag about it. We brag about silverware and the club as a whole. We are The Arsenal. :thumb: :thumbs: :D

Unlike Spuds, at our worst financially, we win silverware. What have Spuds won? It has taken you over 25 years to compete with Arsenal, yet you won nothing. You are supposed to have your best team since the time of Paul Gascoigne, yet you have not won a thing. Your best players are leaving (Walker, Toby, Erricsson, Dembele etc) as you cannot pay their wages, and you can talk about Arsenal.

Opens your eyes. Spuds cannot talk when we talk. At our worst, we are miles better, cos we win silverware. At your best, you lose, and you lose bigley and consistently, just like you Spuds lot mouth off bigley and consistently.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Gunzilla wrote:
i was just about to post this...several outlets reporting it..some fans already up in arms on Twitter.... :lol: :lol: ...It'll get waaaay worse before it gets better..lol
It would be an absolute travesty if Arsenal loses this Saliba kid to Spurs. The deal has been allegedly "close" since the window opened...wtf are they waiting for to seal the damn thing??
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kajifu wrote:Tottenham are challenging north London rivals Arsenal for Saint-Etienne defender William Saliba.

The Gunners were set to secure a 30m euro (£27m) deal for the 18-year-old that was to see him loaned back to the Ligue 1 club next season.

The deal was in instalments and would not have had a big impact on Arsenal's restricted £45m summer budget.

But Spurs, who signed Tanguy Ndombele for a club record £53.8m this summer, have submitted a late bid.

Saliba, a France Under-20 international, joined Saint-Etienne in 2016 and is one of the game's most highly-rated young centre-backs.

Arsenal remain in the market for a player to come straight into their first-team squad in the same position.
Very unlikely that Spurs are in. Someone wants more money. Spurs need a backup striker and a creative midfielder. Foyth and Sanchez are the young being developed CDs.

But then what do I know. It could be our annual customary - French youth buy.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detective Bunk Moreland

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Arsenal is such joke these days. I am now like the emotionally abused spouse that's too timid to file for divorce. Learned helplessness is what the psychologists call it. When does the season start so the abuse can start again?
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:Crystal Palace's 26-year-old winger Wilfried Zaha, who has been linked with a move to Arsenal, was not included in the pictures of the new Eagles away kit.
So e be like we go land Zaha after ANC ....

So, CP love installment payments for their prized asset?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Cristao II wrote:
kajifu wrote:Tottenham are challenging north London rivals Arsenal for Saint-Etienne defender William Saliba.

The Gunners were set to secure a 30m euro (£27m) deal for the 18-year-old that was to see him loaned back to the Ligue 1 club next season.

The deal was in instalments and would not have had a big impact on Arsenal's restricted £45m summer budget.

But Spurs, who signed Tanguy Ndombele for a club record £53.8m this summer, have submitted a late bid.

Saliba, a France Under-20 international, joined Saint-Etienne in 2016 and is one of the game's most highly-rated young centre-backs.

Arsenal remain in the market for a player to come straight into their first-team squad in the same position.
Very unlikely that Spurs are in. Someone wants more money. Spurs need a backup striker and a creative midfielder. Foyth and Sanchez are the young being developed CDs.

Toby Alderweid (sp) is 31 and likely sold this summer with one year left on his contract. Vertongen has racked up some mileage. There is good logic for a young CB
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

jdizzy wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Toby Alderweid (sp) is 31 and likely sold this summer with one year left on his contract. Vertongen has racked up some mileage. There is good logic for a young CB
We shall see. Carter Vickers, Foyth, Sanchez, Dier are young CDs.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

So it begins....

Detective Bunk Moreland

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This is a serious Gunner. Taking matters by the scruff of the neck :clap: :clap: :clap:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

The shite has NOT hit the fan yet.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:So it begins....

You know it don't mean $heeiit until everyone stops renewing season tickets
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

jdizzy wrote:

You know it don't mean $heeiit until everyone stops renewing season tickets
Hmmm you know how many folks are on waiting list to get a ticket?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:
jdizzy wrote: You know it don't mean $heeiit until everyone stops renewing season tickets
They are willingly colluding to speed the tempo of Arsenal's slide from the elite of football.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I seriously do not understand how West Ham and Leicester can spend more money than Arsenal, despite ALL the years of Wenger making a profit for this club, even when we had the "project youth with Cesc, Denilson, Clichy, Diaby, Sczchesney, etc)?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Any idea where to watch the Arsenal Colorado friendly?
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

What begins?

These people are not representative of the majority of Arsenal fans and never will be. When you seek to divide and cash in on the misfortune of the club, you have no authority and moral standing to now complain of the problem you helped create.

I recall vividly that a lot of those writing and signing this 'letter', like many here on this forum, arrogantly claimed getting rid of Wenger will see us become title contenders because he alone was the problem at Arsenal. Suffice it to say, they were wrong. Now they expect unity inspite of their cretinous behaviour. Fark them all.

Where do I start?

Least we forget, a lot of those who are writing and signing that joke of a letter were involved in wishing cancer on Wenger, if they did not say it, they were complicit by being silent and not condemning friends who did.

Forgive me, but are we now saying the "we've got our Arsenal back" chants last season were wrong?

Some of the xenophobic mofos, who are on record as saying foreign fans didn't count are now asking the same foreign fans to sign petitions.

You cannot make this shyte show up.

You all wanted change, following directly behind the 3rd most successful post war period (3 FA Cups in 4 years) because you lot claimed, "we" wanted better. You got your change. Now tell me, is this the "better" "we" wanted?

It is not, and it will get worse. I hate the way things are, but I will rather go blind than stand with any of those who wrote and signed that letter.

I will never support the Owner but will join in any counter opposition to those who wrote and signed that letter and their supporters.

You lot got your desired change, the least you can do is give the change you sought a chance to succeed or fail. I was steadfast in my belief that the change sought was not needed because it was wrong in terms of timing and wrong in itself. I argued the change sought will not mean things getting better.

We have change, I am man enough to ask that the change be given time. Why can't you lot who wanted wanted this change give it time? You wanted change, you got it. Now stick with it and give it a chance. That is the least you can do.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:
jdizzy wrote: You know it don't mean $heeiit until everyone stops renewing season tickets
They are willingly colluding to speed the tempo of Arsenal's slide from the elite of football.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: