The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by ohenhen1 »

Sleaky72 wrote:
oloye wrote:Ghendouzi has been doing all the work is the middle
No one can make it 90 minutes working that hard
He is the best player on the field. He is now playing with confidence.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Wide players giving the team very little. Miki has been a disaster thus far. Horrible turnovers, missed an open net and all around poor decision making . The most significant contribution from young Nelson has been his ill advised yellow card. Xhaka has not been terrible but he is so limited physical and technically that it shows so obviously. Feel so bad for Guendouozi who is working his tail off with minimal support.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Still the first game of the season. A draw is a good result for Arsenal.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Almiron hasn’t been bad. What exactly are spectators expecting to see from Xhaka? Given Guendo’s free floating display, who exactly is supposed to sit that bit deeper and add to the numbers behind the ball? That Guendo is running up and down looking for options speaks damningly of Willock or whoever it is playing in the hole. Hopefully there’ll be a recognition of roles in the second half.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

This is a very winnable game. Newcastle has offered very little in terms of a threat but knowing how we tend to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory I'm expecting to see some changes in the second half. Let's ut Newcastle to the sword. Mikhi is not getting it done. Here is where Iwobi would have come in and run at this defence
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

I want to see Pepe in this game o. Hope he is match fit
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:Still the first game of the season. A draw is a good result for Arsenal.
Dude it's not a good result, you want to pick your first 3 points away to clear that away bad re ord,you don't win this 2weeks time it's against Liverpool, how the hack you want beat them
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Guendouzi is the main problem. Of the two pivots, he is supposed to be on the right side, (the side Torreira plays so well) but he keeps on drifting into Xhaka's zone creating an imbalance making it easier for Newcastle to stop our build up play.

The solution to this is to get Torreira on, he will give the team a better structure. He will also occupy the right zones freeing Xhaka to get behind their midfield like we did there last season. Right now neither Guendouzi nor Xhaka can join the attacks because there is no shape or structure to do that.

Another problem we have is progression from midfield to forward position. We stupidity sold Iwobi, our most progressive player with the ball and runs without the ball. We also created an imbalance in the squad by selling him also because he was our most natural left sided forward.

Now we have Nelson completely lost in a wrong position. Willock is also comprised by a non functioning midfield in which Mikh has been very poor.

All those mentioning Xhaka, all our best attacking moments have come from him.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

If players are not match fit why take them to an away game?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

What is wrong with Miki? Bloody hell!!
Emery has seen enough. Laca, Ceballos and PEPE warming up
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

This Mikhi can't make a simple slide pass. What a useless player he has become
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Great pass by Granit Xhaka. Leads to a corner. How didn’t that go in
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

That was so close. Chaiii
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Hoping Unai ring the changes early not when we have chopped goal and chasing the game o
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Jonjo... Why teams waste their space on these sort of players is beyond me. Hardly stay fit, and when they are fit, they play recklessly and get themselves injured.

Meanwhile letting go Rondon to go sign another similar striker is a puzzling one
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Aubbaaaaa!!! What an interception by AMN and pass to Auba for a deft finish. Lovely!!!

0-1
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
Guendouzi is the main problem. Of the two pivots, he is supposed to be on the right side, (the side Torreira plays so well) but he keeps on drifting into Xhaka's zone creating an imbalance making it easier for Newcastle to stop our build up play.

The solution to this is to get Torreira on, he will give the team a better structure. He will also occupy the right zones freeing Xhaka to get behind their midfield like we did there last season. Right now neither Guendouzi nor Xhaka can join the attacks because there is no shape or structure to do that.

Another problem we have is progression from midfield to forward position. We stupidity sold Iwobi, our most progressive player with the ball and runs without the ball. We also created an imbalance in the squad by selling him also because he was our most natural left sided forward.

Now we have Nelson completely lost in a wrong position. Willock is also comprised by a non functioning midfield in which Mikh has been very poor.

We can disagree on this, but Ghendouzi is not the problem, he has provided the energy so far in the team. Like I say Xhaka has been coasting, how many plays has he broken up from sitting in a defensive position?

Funny enough I hear he is playing in the sitting position yet he is far away from the defence.

Good Auba, you always knew where the goal would come from.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

This would feel like a 6 pointer. Bring in Pepe for 25 minutes to work on his fitness,

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

We can disagree on this, but Ghendouzi is not the problem, he has provided the energy so far in the team. Like I say Xhaka has been coasting, how many plays has he broken up from sitting in a defensive position?

Funny enough I hear he is playing in the sitting position yet he is far away from the defence.

Good Auba, you always knew where the goal would come from.
I am so happy someone else is saying this. Those were shocking comments about the young French lad.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

GOOOOOAL!!!! Auba with Arsenal's first goal of the season. One nil to the Arsenal!!
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Ceballos coming on for Willock. Great sub.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Far too long to take Willock off.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Newcastle will make my day this season, I hope they go through the season playing like this