Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 408  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 86535
Location: Earth
The CE assanal spammers are already complaining after 4 games :rotf:

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 6403
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
bepanda wrote:
What happened to Ozil? Zero minutes in 2019 ... He should have joined Sanchez at Inter Milan.

Ozil for a game that was going to be fast passed and end to end?

He wasn't missed.


You guys are aware Alexis went to Inter w/o a loan fee paid & ManU pays 300k of his 400k weekly wages. Ceba was struggling 15/20mins in, was he injured?
Ozil had to be held back after the riobbery incident but i think against a tiring Spurs side like today with 30mins to go, he's a far superior passer than anyone we'd on the subs bench!!!


You would have rather had Ozil than Ceballos? Based on what really? Got 2 be sentiments, becuz clearly neither the numbers, the body of work in critical games or the eye test optics support your point here. Just saying IMHO.


Optics is a moot point cos Ozil hasn't featured this season. His pre-season was good.
The sentiment point is wishful thinking. I saw how Georginio Wijnaldum shut Dani down @anfield - that was possible cos Dani holds on to the ball too long - when you take that away from him, he struggles. Think Cesc, Rosicky - i don't know if he can add that to his game soon enough cos if not he'll struggle vs the top 6.
Gooners are projecting way beyond the kids skillset - dribbling ain't zilch if we aren't getting end products. When teams set up in numbers to defend, you gotta penetrate via pace or/& pass.
Irony's you're the geezer holding last season against dude.
---------------------------------------------------
I ain't a Paul Merson fan but he has a point here:
"Unai Emery has missed a trick with a midfield player. The only solution I see would be [b]to play the front three with Mesut Ozil in the hole behind them and have two holding in front of the back four. The four attackers can get on with scoring goals and then the rest can try and keep them out at the other end"[/b]

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... n-disguise
-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Haven't I advocated this? Play like that and teams will be more bothered about stopping our front 4 than attacking us. And yes that includes the top 6 teams. Play this against Man City and Liverpool and you expect a basketball like game. But then we have a middle-level coach with safety first mentality.


I still don't get why he has stopped the 4-2-3-1. He really needs to get a settled team together ASAP.


Go and read what the Barca President said about him after losing a 4-0 lead over Barca and you will understand why. "Settled team" in the same sentence with Emery? I pray ooooo

In the prelude to Liverpool match i advocated moving Luiz to the DM position. I still stand by that. And i will go as far as giving Musti/Holdings pairing in the CD a go when holdings get back to his fit and rearing with Luiz still at the DM.

Under Benitez Luiz excelled there at CokeSea. Playing him there will reduce his errors being calamitous to a minimum. And being a natural CD, he will always cover well for the CDs. He's as good a passer as Xhaka if not better so the need to play Xhaka is negated. The problem is who pairs him. I will go Torreira/Cabz. I believe we can better utilize Cabelloz as the twin to Luiz in a 4-2-1-3 position. He has so far shown he's more positional conscious than Ramsey.

People blame Sokratis for stepping out to contest that header that led to the Spuds first goal. He had no choice as because Xhaka isn't a DM and a rewatch will prove him right even though the goal came as a result of that. If Sokratis hadn't gone for the header in all probability the goal could have resulted given the half-hearted jump for the header by Xhaka.

_________________
http://www.oradatasolutionsltd.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14940
SO United and Arsenal played each other ***** with Mikhy and Sanchez? :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:33 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 38321
Location: Eagles' Nest
danfo driver wrote:
SO United and Arsenal played each other ***** with Mikhy and Sanchez? :lol:

But Sanchez was all world for us. Mihki wasn't for manure. Besides Arsenal is not paying Mihki's wages unlike manure who is paying majority of Sanchez's wages. Trust me, we all know who played who here...

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:42 pm
Posts: 1389
Location: UK
With all the stick David Luiz received after the Liverpool game, I have to say he did well against the Spurs.

Sokratis was the one wobbling around for the first goal, but anyway, Well done to David Luiz for his display in the NLD.

_________________
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:42 pm
Posts: 1389
Location: UK
Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
SO United and Arsenal played each other ***** with Mikhy and Sanchez? :lol:

But Sanchez was all world for us. Mihki wasn't for manure. Besides Arsenal is not paying Mihki's wages unlike manure who is paying majority of Sanchez's wages. Trust me, we all know who played who here...


I think the most annoying thing about this deal is, if Emery knew Mhiki would be off to Roma then why play him against spurs when Laca came off injured?

We were on-top, Nelson would have done way better cos Mhiki only made up numbers on the pitch, dude didn't do anything.

_________________
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 37574
peron33uk wrote:
With all the stick David Luiz received after the Liverpool game, I have to say he did well against the Spurs.

Sokratis was the one wobbling around for the first goal, but anyway, Well done to David Luiz for his display in the NLD.

He was rightly getting stick as he was the guy who hand Liverpool 3 points.
Against Spurs he did not play well just an ok game.he is an experience player that has play in big games not a youth that you are hoping to do better,
As for Sokratis he is too gra gra,the less said about Xhaka the better.Who was that person comparing him to Xhabi Alonso when we sign him :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 86535
Location: Earth
danfo driver wrote:
SO United and Arsenal played each other ***** with Mikhy and Sanchez? :lol:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oh shi1111t

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 37574
peron33uk wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
SO United and Arsenal played each other ***** with Mikhy and Sanchez? :lol:

But Sanchez was all world for us. Mihki wasn't for manure. Besides Arsenal is not paying Mihki's wages unlike manure who is paying majority of Sanchez's wages. Trust me, we all know who played who here...


I think the most annoying thing about this deal is, if Emery knew Mhiki would be off to Roma then why play him against spurs when Laca came off injured?

We were on-top, Nelson would have done way better cos Mhiki only made up numbers on the pitch, dude didn't do anything.

Is Ozil fit?Is he that bad that a player leaving the next day will start ahead of him?Any well i would have play Nelson ahead of either Ozil or Mhiki


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 86535
Location: Earth
Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
SO United and Arsenal played each other ***** with Mikhy and Sanchez? :lol:

But Sanchez was all world for us. Mihki wasn't for manure. Besides Arsenal is not paying Mihki's wages unlike manure who is paying majority of Sanchez's wages. Trust me, we all know who played who here...

Image

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1737
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... t-16858090


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Posts: 8850
Location: Canada
peron33uk wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
SO United and Arsenal played each other ***** with Mikhy and Sanchez? :lol:

But Sanchez was all world for us. Mihki wasn't for manure. Besides Arsenal is not paying Mihki's wages unlike manure who is paying majority of Sanchez's wages. Trust me, we all know who played who here...


I think the most annoying thing about this deal is, if Emery knew Mhiki would be off to Roma then why play him against spurs when Laca came off injured?

We were on-top, Nelson would have done way better cos Mhiki only made up numbers on the pitch, dude didn't do anything.



Its very simple - He was played to help get the sale for Roma ( more like roma demo ) ....

_________________
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:19 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33765
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Sleaky72 wrote:
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/raul-sanllehi-ended-arsenals-contract-16858090

:clap: :clap: :agree:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30738
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Details again. This team is about getting the simple things right.

Playing with our hearts not our heads and derailment once more. That first half, our players went gun-ho, lost the plot completely.

We go all out for the goal. Spurs hit a long ball, Sokratis goes fishing for a first header he can’t win, no cover for next phase of play, two Spurs on to the loose ball, it leads to a shot on goal. Leno should push it out for a corner, he makes a terrible mistake and they have a goal.

Xhaka, falls for a sucker punch. Spurs know, they play for it because he is the only person on the pitch, you can frustrate to make that type of idiotic mistake. He has not had a breather, he was closed down and harassed in that midfield. But Guendouzi was having the finest game of his Arsenal career. The game many of us saw coming from his debut around this time last year. Guendouzi, Willock and Ceballos now means Xhaka's place in the team is not cast in stone anymore.

Today, I came to the conclusion that we can only eradicate the sort of stupidity is to get players with calm heads and maturity to play with their heads. To this end, we need a dominant CD and CM in the air. The irony is Mustafi is the one CD who is very good in the air.
//
One reason we got Leno for £24m is his tendency to make mistakes. Last season, he made the most mistakes (5) leading to goals. The much maligned Xhaka and Mustafi made 2 such mistakes. Leno will be a world class goalie if he eliminates his errors. He has time.

But we saw today my gripe about balance in your squad. Mikh prefers to play right side, so when we lost Laca, with Iwobi sold, there was no left sided attacker. Today we saw the folly of the decision to sell Iwobi. It was a problem today, and will be a problem for the rest of the season.


For all the blame Xhaka gets today he actually saw the first goal coming....if una observe well he motioned Sokratis to go back before that lomng ball was played and what did yam head do he came forward and actually jumped for the sameball as Xhaka !!! it was brain less...then he starts to run back half heartedly and did not see Ericsson ..seriously that is our defensive lead


I saw that. To be fair, he leads and tries to sort basic and systemic problems. Sokratis was braindead to go for that header. However, his own propensity for errors undermines all the good work he has done. His critics are always quick to jump on him.

Notice how quiet they all were about Xhaka after he put in top display against Liverpool. I am not perfect, but I try to be balanced about these things. You cannot defend what he did for the penalty, it was s truly shocking tackle which has upset a lot of the fan base in social media. Not those with an agenda against the player are making hay. This is their moment and it is cowardly some of their attacks on the player.

Football is all about combinations, Torreira was not match fit and the game flew past him. This did not help Xhaka who had to do much more work. When Ceballis came on, he had the sort of space, the Liverpool midfield snuffed out of him and he made a huge difference. With Poch ordering his midfield to get tight on Ceballos, Xhaka got space to play and he improved.

But the fact remains, in that game Guendouzi performance had a huge reliance on Xhaka covering his advanced attacking forays. It is what midfield play is all about - combinations.

In Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Willock and Ceballos, we have options and all sorts of combinations. Only time will tell if this is a good thing or bad thing for Emery.



Problem is that either Emery never seems to have clarity about his ideas, or Xhaka is a lost cause.

The four CMs you list are essentially box-2-box MFs. Xhaka needs to sacrifice his game for the team.

All day, his positioning was never in reference to his MF partners or the space behind them.

What an absolute stupid display!!!!!

For anyone to come here and defend him is frankly idiotic!


No need for insults. We should be bigger than this.

I don't know how regularly you watch Arsenal but there are issues at our club as reflected in our squad and team. Picking on individual players will not solve the problem.

On to Xhaka, I have also been critical of those parts of his play that merits criticism. However, scapegoating the player is not what I am willing to accept. Torreira was never in the game on our right side, he was not fit, and we could not understand why Emery chose to play him in such a crucial game. No one mentions Torreira, why? Eventually, he got subbed off, despite losing Laca, we improved as a team and this contributed to our much better 2nd half display.

Apart from Xhaka, Emery was back tinkering and over analysing again. It is the first time in the league Emery has started, a straight line three midfield or flat midfield three. This is a sort of compromise because he almost always uses 2 interiors or a double-pivot. The flat 4-3-3 lacked creativity. Worse, it also lacked cover, that midfield was not diligent and energetic enough to give a better platform for the front 3 to play. Also, the 4-3-3 did not give good pressing.

On Xhaka's positioning not being in reference to his fellow midfielders, I completely disagree. Where Xhaka's fellow midfielders checking if their positions where in reference with him? In that stadium, I saw Xhaka continually trying to adjust his positioning and spending so much time trying to organise his team barking orders and trying to cover mistakes especially when Spurs countered. E.g. Son was a problem all that first half because Torreira was not up to the pace of the game with the consequence of the midfield being unbalanced and stretched.

The reasons for us not performing in that first half are numerous and credit must also be given to Spurs too. To single out Xhaka is completely missing the point.


Apologies, but I can't abide stupidity!

In 2019 a man is trying to reinvent the shape of the earth with a flat earth theory! That is your Emeribe; a nearly man...

You should read what Dani Parejo said about him...

But yes, I do single out Xhaka for a reason. He is especially stupid; he even has a stupid face!!!

It's his job to reference himself with the other 3 CMs because he is, at least nominally, the deepest of the trio, even in a flat earth theory!!!

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:21 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33765
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Details again. This team is about getting the simple things right.

Playing with our hearts not our heads and derailment once more. That first half, our players went gun-ho, lost the plot completely.

We go all out for the goal. Spurs hit a long ball, Sokratis goes fishing for a first header he can’t win, no cover for next phase of play, two Spurs on to the loose ball, it leads to a shot on goal. Leno should push it out for a corner, he makes a terrible mistake and they have a goal.

Xhaka, falls for a sucker punch. Spurs know, they play for it because he is the only person on the pitch, you can frustrate to make that type of idiotic mistake. He has not had a breather, he was closed down and harassed in that midfield. But Guendouzi was having the finest game of his Arsenal career. The game many of us saw coming from his debut around this time last year. Guendouzi, Willock and Ceballos now means Xhaka's place in the team is not cast in stone anymore.

Today, I came to the conclusion that we can only eradicate the sort of stupidity is to get players with calm heads and maturity to play with their heads. To this end, we need a dominant CD and CM in the air. The irony is Mustafi is the one CD who is very good in the air.
//
One reason we got Leno for £24m is his tendency to make mistakes. Last season, he made the most mistakes (5) leading to goals. The much maligned Xhaka and Mustafi made 2 such mistakes. Leno will be a world class goalie if he eliminates his errors. He has time.

But we saw today my gripe about balance in your squad. Mikh prefers to play right side, so when we lost Laca, with Iwobi sold, there was no left sided attacker. Today we saw the folly of the decision to sell Iwobi. It was a problem today, and will be a problem for the rest of the season.


For all the blame Xhaka gets today he actually saw the first goal coming....if una observe well he motioned Sokratis to go back before that lomng ball was played and what did yam head do he came forward and actually jumped for the sameball as Xhaka !!! it was brain less...then he starts to run back half heartedly and did not see Ericsson ..seriously that is our defensive lead


I saw that. To be fair, he leads and tries to sort basic and systemic problems. Sokratis was braindead to go for that header. However, his own propensity for errors undermines all the good work he has done. His critics are always quick to jump on him.

Notice how quiet they all were about Xhaka after he put in top display against Liverpool. I am not perfect, but I try to be balanced about these things. You cannot defend what he did for the penalty, it was s truly shocking tackle which has upset a lot of the fan base in social media. Not those with an agenda against the player are making hay. This is their moment and it is cowardly some of their attacks on the player.

Football is all about combinations, Torreira was not match fit and the game flew past him. This did not help Xhaka who had to do much more work. When Ceballis came on, he had the sort of space, the Liverpool midfield snuffed out of him and he made a huge difference. With Poch ordering his midfield to get tight on Ceballos, Xhaka got space to play and he improved.

But the fact remains, in that game Guendouzi performance had a huge reliance on Xhaka covering his advanced attacking forays. It is what midfield play is all about - combinations.

In Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Willock and Ceballos, we have options and all sorts of combinations. Only time will tell if this is a good thing or bad thing for Emery.



Problem is that either Emery never seems to have clarity about his ideas, or Xhaka is a lost cause.

The four CMs you list are essentially box-2-box MFs. Xhaka needs to sacrifice his game for the team.

All day, his positioning was never in reference to his MF partners or the space behind them.

What an absolute stupid display!!!!!

For anyone to come here and defend him is frankly idiotic!


No need for insults. We should be bigger than this.

I don't know how regularly you watch Arsenal but there are issues at our club as reflected in our squad and team. Picking on individual players will not solve the problem.

On to Xhaka, I have also been critical of those parts of his play that merits criticism. However, scapegoating the player is not what I am willing to accept. Torreira was never in the game on our right side, he was not fit, and we could not understand why Emery chose to play him in such a crucial game. No one mentions Torreira, why? Eventually, he got subbed off, despite losing Laca, we improved as a team and this contributed to our much better 2nd half display.

Apart from Xhaka, Emery was back tinkering and over analysing again. It is the first time in the league Emery has started, a straight line three midfield or flat midfield three. This is a sort of compromise because he almost always uses 2 interiors or a double-pivot. The flat 4-3-3 lacked creativity. Worse, it also lacked cover, that midfield was not diligent and energetic enough to give a better platform for the front 3 to play. Also, the 4-3-3 did not give good pressing.

On Xhaka's positioning not being in reference to his fellow midfielders, I completely disagree. Where Xhaka's fellow midfielders checking if their positions where in reference with him? In that stadium, I saw Xhaka continually trying to adjust his positioning and spending so much time trying to organise his team barking orders and trying to cover mistakes especially when Spurs countered. E.g. Son was a problem all that first half because Torreira was not up to the pace of the game with the consequence of the midfield being unbalanced and stretched.

The reasons for us not performing in that first half are numerous and credit must also be given to Spurs too. To single out Xhaka is completely missing the point.


Apologies, but I can't abide stupidity!

In 2019 a man is trying to reinvent the shape of the earth with a flat earth theory! That is your Emeribe; a nearly man...

You should read what Dani Parejo said about him...

But yes, I do single out Xhaka for a reason. He is especially stupid; he even has a stupid face!!!

It's his job to reference himself with the other 3 CMs because he is, at least nominally, the deepest of the trio, even in a flat earth theory!!!

Just to be clear, this is Dani Pajero in his own words in a May interview with the Guardian:

Quote:
“Unai signed me and I had a year with him. I was young, it was my first season at a big club with these demands: it’s hard,” Parejo admits. “Unai’s a very good coach who’s done incredible things; it’s admirable. They say coaches are a little different, and he’s a perfectionist: there’s a lot of work, a lot of videos, talks, and it’s true players can get tired of it, that he’s a bit pesado, heavy-going. When you get an outline of the opponents it helps, of course, but a footballer’s attention – anybody’s attention – can wane if it goes on for 20, 25 minutes.

He laughs. “Miguel Brito fell asleep during a talk one day.”

Parejo says he recognises Emery’s hand when he watches Arsenal, although he analyses shifts too: “It surprised me to see three centre-backs sometimes; he never did that here. But he has always liked to play with a doble pivote, two in the middle. The best coaches adapt and he hasn’t been there long, so it will take a while still.”

Emery qualified Valencia for the Champions League three years running. He was not always popular at Mestalla but after his departure it took three years to return under Nuno and Parejo recalls Nuno’s first season as one in which they played at an “extremely high level”. He adds: “the following year, the expectations were so, so high… and in week nine they sacked him. We were still alive in the Champions League, only a few points off [top four], but in Spain that happens.”

“It’s been difficult here,” Parejo continues. “Lots of changes of coach, very unstable, big news stories every three days, the sporting director resigned, the coach went, Voro, the delegate, came as coach, then he went, then he came again. There was instability …”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/08/valencia-dani-parejo-unai-emery-talk-miguel-brito-fell-asleep

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Posts: 8850
Location: Canada
Quote:
Apologies, but I can't abide stupidity!

In 2019 a man is trying to reinvent the shape of the earth with a flat earth theory! That is your Emeribe; a nearly man...

You should read what Dani Parejo said about him...

But yes, I do single out Xhaka for a reason. He is especially stupid; he even has a stupid face!!!

It's his job to reference himself with the other 3 CMs because he is, at least nominally, the deepest of the trio, even in a flat earth theory



Emery issue is that he is a very very slow learner.. and for that you cant really blame him, people learn differently. But I think Arsenal will lose patience with him.

Plus plays scared or should I say cautiously - when you add that to slow learning ... the result is what we are getting.

_________________
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 10888
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Emeribe is not a serious case. He needs to go, even if he wins the Europa league.

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 86535
Location: Earth
Nkume wrote:
Emeribe is not a serious case. He needs to go, even if he wins the Europa league.

u assanal fans complain too much..no matter how much una complain, bottomline assanal dey push above dem weights

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:12 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33765
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Nkume wrote:
Emeribe is not a serious case. He needs to go, even if he wins the Europa league.

I understand the post Wenger blues. There is no other explanation for why you would want him sacked if he wins us the most important silverware in 15 years!

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:35 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 38321
Location: Eagles' Nest
Nkume wrote:
Emeribe is not a serious case. He needs to go, even if he wins the Europa league.

Baba you never get over say Oga don go. Even me sef don accept fate. Let support the new sheriff in town baba...Arsenal will be good for it. :D

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1737
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Details again. This team is about getting the simple things right.

Playing with our hearts not our heads and derailment once more. That first half, our players went gun-ho, lost the plot completely.

We go all out for the goal. Spurs hit a long ball, Sokratis goes fishing for a first header he can’t win, no cover for next phase of play, two Spurs on to the loose ball, it leads to a shot on goal. Leno should push it out for a corner, he makes a terrible mistake and they have a goal.

Xhaka, falls for a sucker punch. Spurs know, they play for it because he is the only person on the pitch, you can frustrate to make that type of idiotic mistake. He has not had a breather, he was closed down and harassed in that midfield. But Guendouzi was having the finest game of his Arsenal career. The game many of us saw coming from his debut around this time last year. Guendouzi, Willock and Ceballos now means Xhaka's place in the team is not cast in stone anymore.

Today, I came to the conclusion that we can only eradicate the sort of stupidity is to get players with calm heads and maturity to play with their heads. To this end, we need a dominant CD and CM in the air. The irony is Mustafi is the one CD who is very good in the air.
//
One reason we got Leno for £24m is his tendency to make mistakes. Last season, he made the most mistakes (5) leading to goals. The much maligned Xhaka and Mustafi made 2 such mistakes. Leno will be a world class goalie if he eliminates his errors. He has time.

But we saw today my gripe about balance in your squad. Mikh prefers to play right side, so when we lost Laca, with Iwobi sold, there was no left sided attacker. Today we saw the folly of the decision to sell Iwobi. It was a problem today, and will be a problem for the rest of the season.


For all the blame Xhaka gets today he actually saw the first goal coming....if una observe well he motioned Sokratis to go back before that lomng ball was played and what did yam head do he came forward and actually jumped for the sameball as Xhaka !!! it was brain less...then he starts to run back half heartedly and did not see Ericsson ..seriously that is our defensive lead


I saw that. To be fair, he leads and tries to sort basic and systemic problems. Sokratis was braindead to go for that header. However, his own propensity for errors undermines all the good work he has done. His critics are always quick to jump on him.

Notice how quiet they all were about Xhaka after he put in top display against Liverpool. I am not perfect, but I try to be balanced about these things. You cannot defend what he did for the penalty, it was s truly shocking tackle which has upset a lot of the fan base in social media. Not those with an agenda against the player are making hay. This is their moment and it is cowardly some of their attacks on the player.

Football is all about combinations, Torreira was not match fit and the game flew past him. This did not help Xhaka who had to do much more work. When Ceballis came on, he had the sort of space, the Liverpool midfield snuffed out of him and he made a huge difference. With Poch ordering his midfield to get tight on Ceballos, Xhaka got space to play and he improved.

But the fact remains, in that game Guendouzi performance had a huge reliance on Xhaka covering his advanced attacking forays. It is what midfield play is all about - combinations.

In Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Willock and Ceballos, we have options and all sorts of combinations. Only time will tell if this is a good thing or bad thing for Emery.



Problem is that either Emery never seems to have clarity about his ideas, or Xhaka is a lost cause.

The four CMs you list are essentially box-2-box MFs. Xhaka needs to sacrifice his game for the team.

All day, his positioning was never in reference to his MF partners or the space behind them.

What an absolute stupid display!!!!!

For anyone to come here and defend him is frankly idiotic!


No need for insults. We should be bigger than this.

I don't know how regularly you watch Arsenal but there are issues at our club as reflected in our squad and team. Picking on individual players will not solve the problem.

On to Xhaka, I have also been critical of those parts of his play that merits criticism. However, scapegoating the player is not what I am willing to accept. Torreira was never in the game on our right side, he was not fit, and we could not understand why Emery chose to play him in such a crucial game. No one mentions Torreira, why? Eventually, he got subbed off, despite losing Laca, we improved as a team and this contributed to our much better 2nd half display.

Apart from Xhaka, Emery was back tinkering and over analysing again. It is the first time in the league Emery has started, a straight line three midfield or flat midfield three. This is a sort of compromise because he almost always uses 2 interiors or a double-pivot. The flat 4-3-3 lacked creativity. Worse, it also lacked cover, that midfield was not diligent and energetic enough to give a better platform for the front 3 to play. Also, the 4-3-3 did not give good pressing.

On Xhaka's positioning not being in reference to his fellow midfielders, I completely disagree. Where Xhaka's fellow midfielders checking if their positions where in reference with him? In that stadium, I saw Xhaka continually trying to adjust his positioning and spending so much time trying to organise his team barking orders and trying to cover mistakes especially when Spurs countered. E.g. Son was a problem all that first half because Torreira was not up to the pace of the game with the consequence of the midfield being unbalanced and stretched.

The reasons for us not performing in that first half are numerous and credit must also be given to Spurs too. To single out Xhaka is completely missing the point.


Apologies, but I can't abide stupidity!

In 2019 a man is trying to reinvent the shape of the earth with a flat earth theory! That is your Emeribe; a nearly man...

You should read what Dani Parejo said about him...

But yes, I do single out Xhaka for a reason. He is especially stupid; he even has a stupid face!!!

It's his job to reference himself with the other 3 CMs because he is, at least nominally, the deepest of the trio, even in a flat earth theory!!!

TOTAL BRUTALITY!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14940
Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
SO United and Arsenal played each other ***** with Mikhy and Sanchez? :lol:

But Sanchez was all world for us. Mihki wasn't for manure. Besides Arsenal is not paying Mihki's wages unlike manure who is paying majority of Sanchez's wages. Trust me, we all know who played who here...


Bro, dont believe them. Roma cannot afford to subsidize the obscene wages Mikhy earns. Arsenal or someone else, somewhere, is paying part of the wages.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 10888
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Robbynice wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Emeribe is not a serious case. He needs to go, even if he wins the Europa league.

Baba you never get over say Oga don go. Even me sef don accept fate. Let support the new sheriff in town baba...Arsenal will be good for it. :D


My comment has nothing to do with Wenger. Emeribe is not good enough. Period!

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 408  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group