Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9814 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 427  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:49 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33795
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffi come here o...

@afcstuff

Alan Smith (ex-Arsenal striker) on Emery: “I have heard whispers, after all, that some of the players find their manager’s instructions confusing, that they do not really know what he wants them to do. If so, that does not bode well.” [Standard] #afc


Dude has no hope. He may win something, because the squad is a very very good squad. I just do not expect to see him next season.

The squad is almost there. Very few of them have a major tournament winning mentality and it shows in the way the team capitulated to 5th position last season.


Rubbish my good man Waffi. Even with kids, top 4 used to be Arsenals birth right. We narrowly missed out on 72 points in the season before Wenger's last. At that point he should have called it a day. With the turnover in the squad in the last 2 years, no one should call it a Wenger squad, or claim that Emeribe cannot fix the defense. Any coach who cannot find a way to fit Mezut Ozil into a team with Auba and Laca is daf.

But but, Mourinho whom you have openly adored on this thread was just as critical of Ozil's performance. And that was in Herr Ozil's own words:

"I want you to play as well as you can. I want you to go into tackles like a man. Do you know what it looks like when you tackle? No? Let me show you (mimes a flimsy tackle).

"That’s how you tackle. Ooh, I mustn’t get hurt. And absolutely mustn’t get dirty.

"You think two beautiful passes are enough. You're too fine for going into fights. You think you're so good that fifty percent is enough.

"Oh, are you giving up now? You’re such a coward. What do you want? To creep under the beautiful, warm shower? Shampoo your hair? To be alone? Or do you want to prove to your fellow players, the fans out there, and me, what you can do."


https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-mesut-ozil-quotes-11169393

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10787291/mesut-ozil-reveals-jose-mourinho-bust-up-at-real-madrid

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 51032
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffi come here o...

@afcstuff

Alan Smith (ex-Arsenal striker) on Emery: “I have heard whispers, after all, that some of the players find their manager’s instructions confusing, that they do not really know what he wants them to do. If so, that does not bode well.” [Standard] #afc


I have always had issues with Alan Smith, but if this has any crumb of truth, this is not good.

When you read stuff from Alan Smith, you never guess he played for Arsenal. Something happened when he was a player and he has never forgiven the club. He is Leicester born and bred, but being Leicester does not mean you should be anti Arsenal.

Wenger was in on Smith, players like Vieira took an instant mistrust and later dislike of him. The minute he took sides against us after another very bad tempered game in Wenger's 2nd full season as Manager, Wenger facing complaints from senior players, withdrew his ex-player's pass immediately. I always remember Winterburn making this public.



What I don't know is if his ex-player's pass has been restored. I know how these things work, the new regime will be approached by his friends who are also ex-players, and restoring his pass will be easy. If they did restore the pass, I am sure those did will now realise their mistake.


Waffi did you read what Van Persie said about Unai?


I did. Funny isn't it? RvP has his opinions but I'd rather he stays out of our business.

Let's be honest, there is nothing he has said that has not been mentioned here by you, me and other forumers. He mentioning it, does not give it anymore credence especially as he is a discredited ex-Arsenal player.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 51032
Sleaky72 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffi come here o...

@afcstuff

Alan Smith (ex-Arsenal striker) on Emery: “I have heard whispers, after all, that some of the players find their manager’s instructions confusing, that they do not really know what he wants them to do. If so, that does not bode well.” [Standard] #afc


I have always had issues with Alan Smith, but if this has any crumb of truth, this is not good.

When you read stuff from Alan Smith, you never guess he played for Arsenal. Something happened when he was a player and he has never forgiven the club. He is Leicester born and bred, but being Leicester does not mean you should be anti Arsenal.

Wenger was in on Smith, players like Vieira took an instant mistrust and later dislike of him. The minute he took sides against us after another very bad tempered game in Wenger's 2nd full season as Manager, Wenger facing complaints from senior players, withdrew his ex-player's pass immediately. I always remember Winterburn making this public.

What I don't know is if his ex-player's pass has been restored. I know how these things work, the new regime will be approached by his friends who are also ex-players, and restoring his pass will be easy. If they did restore the pass, I am sure those did will now realise their mistake.


It’s funny becuz wasn’t Arsenal under Wenger criticized 4 being tactically inflexible and knowing how 2 play only 1 way regardless of opponent? This ranks as pure destructive opportunism. British media will only be happy when an englishman manages Arsenal.


Spot on bro. Spot on.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 37679
Norwich beat city,we really need to adjust tomorrow and pick up 3 points and move level with City.We need to be looking at t hat title to compete not top 4.City and Liverpool will drop points,if we beat teams we suppose beat we will be just super fine for the title.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33795
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
kajifu wrote:
Norwich beat city,we really need to adjust tomorrow and pick up 3 points and move level with City.We need to be looking at t hat title to compete not top 4.City and Liverpool will drop points,if we beat teams we suppose beat we will be just super fine for the title.

Bro Kajifu, title nor be moi moi o :D

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 51032
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffi come here o...

@afcstuff

Alan Smith (ex-Arsenal striker) on Emery: “I have heard whispers, after all, that some of the players find their manager’s instructions confusing, that they do not really know what he wants them to do. If so, that does not bode well.” [Standard] #afc


Dude has no hope. He may win something, because the squad is a very very good squad. I just do not expect to see him next season.

The squad is almost there. Very few of them have a major tournament winning mentality and it shows in the way the team capitulated to 5th position last season.


Rubbish my good man Waffi. Even with kids, top 4 used to be Arsenals birth right. We narrowly missed out on 72 points in the season before Wenger's last. At that point he should have called it a day. With the turnover in the squad in the last 2 years, no one should call it a Wenger squad, or claim that Emeribe cannot fix the defense. Any coach who cannot find a way to fit Mezut Ozil into a team with Auba and Laca is daf.


My bro, we have to be fair. I know I am going to get criticised. But one of the main reasons I always went against Wenger outers was, in his final two seasons, there were lots of changes to players and you must always give a winner a chance. You have all read what my bro, Azuka has to say about my winner take. :D

I really do not think it is fair to judge a Coach so early in the season after so many changes. Last season, there were a lot of changes too. In my view Emery needs a fair crack of the whip before we can judge him.

I know and agree there are valid criticisms of him, but balance must not be ignored. Let us give the man a chance please. Come December we judge because he would have had over a year with the majority of the squad.

I know Norwich and the way the approached their result tonight is a fillip for Emery's critics but it is not always right to base criticisms on the performances of the others.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1851
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-20063364
Big German sends a message to Mesut Ozil.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:58 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 51032
Poor Tammy, not getting much love from Chelski supporters for this.

Image

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1851
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 10889
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Waffiman wrote:
Poor Tammy, not getting much love from Chelski supporters for this.

Image


They can go hug transformer. Weren't they the ones abusing him earlier.?

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1851
Waffiman wrote:
Poor Tammy, not getting much love from Chelski supporters for this.

Image



I’m so proud of this young man. He is an inspiration to all people of color on how 2 combat the worst traits in humans: racism. He has stood defiantly and made them look worse than their evil hearts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1851
Nketiah replaces Patrick Bamford and scores the winning goal for Leeds. Hooefully he becomes a full time starter under Coach El Loco.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1851
Alex Iwobi must think he is playing 4 the Gunners. Getting smashd 1-3 on the coast. Everton contimues 2 struggle away from Goodison. Strange becoz they were playing so well at 1-1.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 10889
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Finally Emery shows some balls! Will start Ozil and Ceballos.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 10889
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Image

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 10889
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Image

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Posts: 16387
Location: Ray's Boom-Boom Room
Nkume wrote:
Image


Good to see Ozil back in the team, hopefully we can stamp some sort of authority and play with some sort of style today. Good luck lads....

Ozil, Auba(through the middle), Pepe, Ceballos...wow

_________________
To God be the glory


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1851
Well I guess lacking balls cant be ever said to be 1 of Unai Emery’s traits. Starting Ozil and Xhaka against a physical Watford side on the road with the expected new manager bounce is, well ... time will tell after 90 minutes . Don’t know what Willock has done not 2 start this game!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 39496
Location: Somewhere
Sleaky72 wrote:
Well I guess lacking balls cant be ever said to be 1 of Unai Emery’s traits. Starting Ozil and Xhaka against a physical Watford side on the road with the expected new manager bounce is, well ... time will tell after 90 minutes . Don’t know what Willock has done not 2 start this game!


I don't know about balls, but Watford was dragging us around like rag dolls before the goal

_________________
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 39496
Location: Somewhere
Pepe need to get seriously involved. He is still playing "set"

_________________
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33795
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
In Emery we trust. :thumbs:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33795
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
This Watford ball passing is scary sha o.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1851
Sleaky72 wrote:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2808893-arsenals-alexandre-lacazette-ruled-out-until-october-with-ankle-injury

Reports are saying that Laca is out till next month with an ankle injury. Somehow I don’t think Coach emery is 2 fussed ‘bout dis. He likes having Auba through the middle and now he is free to play with 2 legit wingers. Wonder who slots in 2 spell Auba 4 the Europa? Martinelli? John-Jules?

Is it OK 2 give me self a shout out and a pay on the back without cyber attacks? :sneaky: :sneaky: I always knew Emery wouldn’t be fussed about losing Laca except an untimely injury 2 Auba.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9814 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 427  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigpokey24 and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group