Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381 ... 408  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:35 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33765
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
tolahs wrote:
Looking at Emery's time at Arsenal thru a AW prism is a digression & self serving. Whenever you take over the reins at any club, your primary duty is to improve the glaring weaknesses you found.
We lacked identity under Unai & the players have told us in many ways.
I truly believe in foundations based on great performance & the work ethics that grow from that as opposed to a system where we concede possession & territory to whomever we play against. Emery needs to really go study the EPL - his team looked lost out there too often.
A fundamental requirement of any new Coach is build on the strengths of your team - he failed there too.

Like it is a coach's duty to coach experienced players about the basics of controlling the ball and passing.

Our players had been passing the ball under Wenger. Was it too much to ask to do this most basic of an Arsenal player's duty?

When you see a kid like Guendouzi playing like a boss while the likes of Ozil were falling over just by the opposition breezing by, you have to ask at some point what he is doing playing for Arsenal. Or more specifically what is a top 6 PL team doing with a player like that on its roster?

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 45276
Location: Akoko Highlands

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

[img];;http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 6403
tolahs wrote:
Looking at Emery's time at Arsenal thru a AW prism is a digression & self serving. Whenever you take over the reins at any club, your primary duty is to improve the glaring weaknesses you found.
We lacked identity under Unai & the players have told us in many ways.
I truly believe in foundations based on great performance & the work ethics that grow from that as opposed to a system where we concede possession & territory to whomever we play against. Emery needs to really go study the EPL - his team looked lost out there too often.
A fundamental requirement of any new Coach is build on the strengths of your team - he failed there too.


When i mentioned last season that Emery is like a jilted lover you guys thought i was going crazy. Now you seeing it. He came to Arsenal with the Neymar hang over to which he has added the Arsenal hangover.
And what you now have is a totally damaged good.

_________________
http://www.oradatasolutionsltd.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:40 pm
Posts: 2373
I am not sure Arteta is going to last at arsenal even if results turn for the better. His latest statement that arsenal is far behind their rivals and should do more won't resonate with the PR obsessed kroenke's regime where repeating same talking points about competing and winning titles now is more important than the actual process of working to build a team capable of actually competing. What he actually did was contradict Josh Kroenke's statement that arsenal is capable of fighting for titles now and they have the human resources to do so.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 6403
bk-one wrote:
I am not sure Arteta is going to last at arsenal even if results turn for the better. His latest statement that arsenal is far behind their rivals and should do more won't resonate with the PR obsessed kroenke's regime where repeating same talking points about competing and winning titles now is more important than the actual process of working to build a team capable of actually competing. What he actually did was contradict Josh Kroenke's statement that arsenal is capable of fighting for titles now and they have the human resources to do so.


Same here too on the bold part but for a different reason than yours. If the results improve at Arsenal as i expect them to, Arteta would have proven himself as the real heir to Pep at Man City. Expect Man City to come calling with an offer MA will find extremely hard to resist.

_________________
http://www.oradatasolutionsltd.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:40 pm
Posts: 2373
azuka wrote:
bk-one wrote:
I am not sure Arteta is going to last at arsenal even if results turn for the better. His latest statement that arsenal is far behind their rivals and should do more won't resonate with the PR obsessed kroenke's regime where repeating same talking points about competing and winning titles now is more important than the actual process of working to build a team capable of actually competing. What he actually did was contradict Josh Kroenke's statement that arsenal is capable of fighting for titles now and they have the human resources to do so.


Same here too on the bold part but for a different reason than yours. If the results improve at Arsenal as i expect them to, Arteta would have proven himself as the real heir to Pep at Man City. Expect Man City to come calling with an offer MA will find extremely hard to resist.


I am of the belief that if/when results start improving Arteta will try to use his improved position to leverage what he can get from the board but he will hit a brick wall.... then we going to hear statements from either Josh or Raul that the improved results shows that arsenal can compete with their rivals without any cash injections.

By reminding fans that when it comes spendings that is the remit of both Josh/Raul e.t.c, he is brilliantly reminding fans who should take the blame when the club refuse to improve the squad. Its not a coincidence that afterwards he stated that the squad needs improvements in order to compete with rivals.

The link below is an example of the mess the Kroenke's have created at arsenal.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-21506229

Buzz words over action...... Apparently they kept on talking about the arsenal way and none of them couldn't explain what the so called arsenal way meant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 16727
Location: El-Menzah




COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:57 am
Posts: 32449
Location: Not Here
Tunisian Gooner wrote:




COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torreria for Ozil
DC in AM
And I may have been comfortable

_________________
_________________
Oyibo na Oyibo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1738
This is a bizarre line up. Don’t get it.
He is breaking up the Martinelli-Saka combo again.
Anyway Mi Hermano Espana is playing so I’m gonna smile, even though I don’t fancy him with Ozil and Haka in the line up.
Mikel is taking quite the gamble. Fingers crossed!

Guendozi not even on the bench, and when asked, Arteta called it a “tactical decision”. Eyes on yah Number 10.


Last edited by Sleaky72 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30738
On paper looks a very unbalanced lineup

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 14658
txj wrote:
On paper looks a very unbalanced lineup

It is a bizzare line up for sure.

_________________
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."

You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1738
With Adama Traore Jr., (Allan Saint-Maximin) in the lineup, I’m still wondering why we don’t have L.T in the starting lineup as cover. Well I hope these worries are unnecessary. Game on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Posts: 16386
Location: Ray's Boom-Boom Room
I have no problems with the line-up, it’s attacking and sets the tone in terms of what Arteta wants 3 points.

I have issues with Nketiah ahead of Martinelli......I would have preferred Martinelli on the left so that Aubameyang can play upfront.

Ceballos is actually a CM/DM, and if you were picking the Arsenal team based on pure talent he would be in the Arsenal team with Ozil and Xhaka.

We have to start winning, I am happy the manager has picked a team to do that.

_________________
To God be the glory


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Posts: 16386
Location: Ray's Boom-Boom Room
Lacazette has been rubbish for Months, I am happy Arteta has dropped him...

_________________
To God be the glory


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1738
Hmmm Ceballos is the deepest playing midfielder.
Interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1738
Xhaka ....oh dear Lord!
Lucky!

Yellow card 2 Haka already!
Mikel get this dude outta the game!
This is madness!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 14658
Xhaka gets his customary yellow. angel* that man is.

_________________
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."

You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1738
What a save by
Leno off a deflection.
Under the Kosh again. Tell me why we don’t have Martinelli in this game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 40305
Location: Transition
That should have been the opening there. At least twice over.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 39445
Location: Somewhere
we are playing one kain funny football

_________________
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 40305
Location: Transition
Who is this #77 kid? He is going to be the death of ARSEnal. He has no awareness in his game.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1738
The team is playing with the cohesion that is 2 be expected from a bizarre lineup.
Ceballos is the only one playing with any purpose. Keep trying 2 make friends, Mikel.


Last edited by Sleaky72 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 32552
Its a Goal wrote:
That should have been the opening there. At least twice over.

You notice most goon stay away from our thread or maybe they are in the shadows and waiting for something bad to happen before they jump in?

However I'm sure the fact that they are in bad shape themselves has a lot to do with it :rotf:

I can follow this game in relaxed mode. Thanks Spurs :thumbs:

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381 ... 408  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group