Owolabi Alagbé (Benin goalkeeper)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
scholl
Egg
Egg
Re: Owolabi Alagbé (Benin goalkeeper)

Post by scholl »

oloye wrote:
scholl wrote:
maceo4 wrote:The more embarrassing thing is he’s actually the backup for Benin and still better than our 3 keepers.
The other guy Farnolle, started the first two games. I wonder the reason behind the switch.
Did you not see him limping like an atilogu masquerade who got hit by a car as the players ran onto the field to celebrate? He was injured it looked like maybe during warm up, cos he was dressed up
Ah, I missed that. Did not know he was injured. I was thinking it has been a tactical change.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The real lesson is that maybe we should be looking at people eligible to play for Nigeria around Africa instead of paying for scouts and official to holiday in England and beg small boys.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

We also lost the kanuesque Adebayor to Benin. Several other Yoruba boys played/play for Benin.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

balo wrote:We also lost the kanuesque Adebayor to Benin. Several other Yoruba boys played/play for Benin.
You meant Togo. There used to be a few more ethnic Yoruba players on the team also.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

scholl wrote:
balo wrote:We also lost the kanuesque Adebayor to Benin. Several other Yoruba boys played/play for Benin.
You meant Togo. There used to be a few more ethnic Yoruba players on the team also.

Yes. Togo. :)
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Orion wrote:That goalkeeper inspires a lot of confidence. Reminds me of some of the good goalies we've had in the past. Can't believe he's just Benin's #2 when we cannot even get a #1 that's close to his calibre.
...wait when he's beaten silly, y'all Nigerian fake fans go dump him, claiming you never heard of him, that the name is actually Ghana.
Nigerians are known ashawos, do me good today I like you, do me bad, I no sabi you :blink:
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

mcal wrote:
Orion wrote:That goalkeeper inspires a lot of confidence. Reminds me of some of the good goalies we've had in the past. Can't believe he's just Benin's #2 when we cannot even get a #1 that's close to his calibre.
...wait when he's beaten silly, y'all Nigerian fake fans go dump him, claiming you never heard of him, that the name is actually Ghana.
Nigerians are known ashawos, do me good today I like you, do me bad, I no sabi you :blink:
I’ve bern reading comments since the ACN and agree with you.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

mcal wrote:
Sometimes you just flow with our people. I still remember how they were singing Uzoho is the light. As soon as he made his first mistake, they nailed him and hung him out to dry. There is a reason he is the second keeper, I am sure as soon as our people find out they will send him back to Benin.. Funny people. :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
mcal wrote:
Sometimes you just flow with our people. I still remember how they were singing Uzoho is the light. As soon as he made his first mistake, they nailed him and hung him out to dry. There is a reason he is the second keeper, I am sure as soon as our people find out they will send him back to Benin.. Funny people. :lol:
Word. Naija pipo.... :rotf: : :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

kalani JR wrote:The real lesson is that maybe we should be looking at people eligible to play for Nigeria around Africa instead of paying for scouts and official to holiday in England and beg small boys.
Yes. He did well today, good saves! Only if he was in England :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

doctorollie wrote:How is it that we can't find one excellent Nigerian goalkeeper? Owolabi Alagbe is a fantastic Nigerian goalkeeper currently keeping Benin in Egypt 2019. Can we comb Benin for other eligible Nigerians to solve this goalkeeping crisis we currently have?
He is good.

Reminds me of one Mazi Agbim. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Rawlings wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:
doctorollie wrote:
Schillachi wrote:Who said he is Nigerian?
Born in Mauritania to Nigerian parents! Owolabi Alagbe!!!!
But Mauritania is NOT Republic of Benin (RoB). How did he become eligible to man the post for RoB?
Born in Mauritania but lived in Benin Republic for quite some time.
Everybody is running away from naija
says the guy who's Ghana could only get one half of a set of twin brothers to play for them..one came home only when una get WC and the other said "EPH THEM" and stayed playing for Germany :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I think we are now set in this position sha they can keep their fake naija keepers.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote:I think we are now set in this position sha they can keep their fake naija keepers.

The guy is solid man. I think we need to keep an eye on some of our peeps in Benin and Togo. Adebayor not playing for Nigeria was a blow.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:I think we are now set in this position sha they can keep their fake naija keepers.

The guy is solid man. I think we need to keep an eye on some of our peeps in Benin and Togo. Adebayor not playing for Nigeria was a blow.
There are Yoruba indigenous to Benin, he might actually be Beninese. Look at your map, they share a border with Nigeria. Do you think ethnicity suddenly transforms at borders drawn in Europe?

P.S.: He's a mediocre goalie but we always like the "other."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Donzman wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

There are Yoruba indigenous to Benin, he might actually be Beninese. Look at your map, they share a border with Nigeria. Do you think ethnicity suddenly transforms at borders drawn in Europe?

P.S.: He's a mediocre goalie but we always like the "other."
I am pretty sure he has a Naija grandparent at the very least somewhere. Thats good enough to rep Nigeria. Also he isnt "Mediocre" Did you see him at the last Afcon and the game on saturday?? He is the reason we didnt spell Benin. As for Adebayor, I think he is from Osun state.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:It’s very easy to find a top goalkeeper if we are serious about it. Unfortunately, we have no plans to do so. Our coach and scoring network isn’t interested for whatever reason. They will tell he natives that akpeyi and Ezenwa are the best we have and the natives will believe them.

I do not know whether it’s laziness or corruption, but the truth is that there are Nigerian goalkeepers out there who are comfortable better than the trash the coaches have chosen to destroy us with. Remember there was a time ezenwa was second choice at his club and he was being invited to the eagles ahead of the first choice :lol: :lol: :lol: my God! Nigeria is truly cursed!
Like I said 2 years ago, it is very easy to find a top goalkeeper. It was obvious that we didnt want to find one 2 years ago.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?