Egypt Crashes out!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Egypt Crashes out!

Post by Goldleaf »

Egypt 0
South Africa 1

Honestly I never saw that coming. Although Egypt had 3 wins in the group stage but in eahc match, their defence looked suspect. Kudos to South Africa who played a brilliant game.

But I hope Bafana Bafana is not hoping to give their husband, the Super Eagles of Nigeria, problems o. They berra know their place.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Egypt Crashes out!

Post by deanotito »

Wow!!!
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

They didn't CRASH. Their camel fainted
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Those who bet on SA to win (at odds of 10 to 1) are counting their cash now :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Goldleaf wrote:Egypt 0
South Africa 1

Honestly I never saw that coming. Although Egypt had 3 wins in the group stage but in eahc match, their defence looked suspect. Kudos to South Africa who played a brilliant game.

But I hope Bafana Bafana is not hoping to give their husband, the Super Eagles of Nigeria, problems o. They berra know their place.
If you had watched Egypt play Zimbabwe or Uganda especially Uganda in their last group game, today's result wouldn't have surprised you. I have noticed one this forum it is only with Nigeria that performance matters. With other teams it is all about the results. Egypt just like Morocco got the results but what the performance there? It wasn't IMO hence what we are seeing now.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Egyptian FA president resigned and Egypt sack the Mexican coach Javier Aguirre. Egypt needs to bring back Hassan Shehata who won them 3 straight cup of Nations and play Egyptian football. Bringing in American, Argentinian and Mexican coaches has not worked and they don't understand your football.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Egyptian FA president resigned and Egypt sack the Mexican coach Javier Aguirre. Egypt needs to bring back Hassan Shehata who won them 3 straight cup of Nations and play Egyptian football. Bringing in American, Argentinian and a Mexican they don't understand your football.

I said it before the tournament began that Egypt will not win. I said they will do worse than they did in 2017 despite hosting.

This Egypt team is nowhere near as good as the one that won 3 straight titles, and that is even with Salah.

I dont think bringing back Shehata will change anything. This team just doesn't have the mentality of the old team. The way they capitulated in Russia showed how weak they are.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Chief. What exactly is Egyptian football? These guys have continually embarrassed the African continent with some truly inept performances on the world stage. Look at what happened at the last WC. Egypt winning this tourney would have been a poor reflection of African football given their stinker at the last WC when even the Saudi’s beat then.

Benedict Iroha wrote:Egyptian FA president resigned and Egypt sack the Mexican coach Javier Aguirre. Egypt needs to bring back Hassan Shehata who won them 3 straight cup of Nations and play Egyptian football. Bringing in American, Argentinian and Mexican coaches has not worked and they don't understand your football.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Watching the highlights and comparing attendance at this game to other games reminds me of the biblical story of Samson against the Philistines.

They decided to pack the arena(stadium) to the rafters on the day of their demise. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :taunt: :taunt:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

YUJAM wrote:Chief. What exactly is Egyptian football? These guys have continually embarrassed the African continent with some truly inept performances on the world stage. Look at what happened at the last WC. Egypt winning this tourney would have been a poor reflection of African football given their stinker at the last WC when even the Saudi’s beat then.

Benedict Iroha wrote:Egyptian FA president resigned and Egypt sack the Mexican coach Javier Aguirre. Egypt needs to bring back Hassan Shehata who won them 3 straight cup of Nations and play Egyptian football. Bringing in American, Argentinian and Mexican coaches has not worked and they don't understand your football.
Egyptian football is good enough for Africa as shown by their 7 title wins. The man Shehata knew how to bring it out. I cannot understand why they did not bring him in to coach them for this tournament... But hey the man is probably too old for that now. But they played horrible football with this Mexican coach, absolutely horrible football.. In fact they did not play any football.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Dem don sack their coach and head of FA also resigned
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The coach can only do much when your player was clean on goal and shot the ball straight at the goalkeeper. Egypt is not producing enough good players while other African nations are improving. It is about how you finish not how you start. I said this after CE people were hyping North African teams after group stage. I expect Algeria to also go out today.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

ohenhen1 wrote:The coach can only do much when your player was clean on goal and shot the ball straight at the goalkeeper. Egypt is not producing enough good players while other African nations are improving. It is about how you finish not how you start. I said this after CE people were hyping North African teams after group stage. I expect Algeria to also go out today.
Never rated them because they used the dark arts to win the tourney in 1986 and 2006. They got away with things they probably would not have succeeded in doing away from home. And it reflected in the WCQ campaigns because they never were able to qualify with their golden generation in the home and away format when the playing field was more level per the refs. And even when they had the chance to represent Africa at the international stage, they’ve looked weak and sub-standard. Case in point the last WC.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

YUJAM wrote:Chief. What exactly is Egyptian football? These guys have continually embarrassed the African continent with some truly inept performances on the world stage. Look at what happened at the last WC. Egypt winning this tourney would have been a poor reflection of African football given their stinker at the last WC when even the Saudi’s beat then.

What made Egypt successful back then was because the team Cohesion was much better than it is today, they have turn into Argentina relying on Mo Salah.