Is there some serious JUJU going on in Egypt ?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Is there some serious JUJU going on in Egypt ?

Post by vancity eagle »

I am asking this as a serious question because there have been some very strange occurances.

I cannot remember any AFCON with so many shocks. What is going on ?

I beg our boys not to take South Africa or any other team for granted because it seems this is a tournament for the small guys to make big statements.

Madagascar 2 Nigeria 0

Benin eliminates Morocco, Ziyech even missing a penalty to win in the last second

S. Africa 1 Egypt 0

2 of the 3rd place teams have eliminated 2 group winners with 100% records and no goals conceded. :scared:

I have a feeling we have not even finished yet, and there will be more shocks to come. I just pray none of them involve us, but seriously what is going on ?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Is there some serious JUJU going on in Egypt ?

Post by Robbynice »

Nothing is going on. Teams that have won games especially in the second round have been very deserving. You play well and you win and if you don't play well you lose. It is really as simple as ABC.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Robbynice wrote:Nothing is going on. Teams that have won games especially in the second round have been very deserving. You play well and you win and if you don't play well you lose. It is really as simple as ABC.

Haba, Mr Positive, you become serious when you are not supopose to :lol:
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

Teams like SA and Benin would have been knocked out and forgotten in the old format.
Expanding the tournament to 24 teams brought this unpredictability which makes it more interesting.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:Teams like SA and Benin would have been knocked out and forgotten in the old format.
Expanding the tournament to 24 teams brought this unpredictability which makes it more interesting.
No teams like Benin have players who are good enough. Even Togo qualified in the old format.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
proclaimjesus02 wrote:Teams like SA and Benin would have been knocked out and forgotten in the old format.
No teams like Benin have players who are good enough. Even Togo qualified in the old format.
Thank you people forget even Togo at one point was playing at world cup