SA TUTORS EUROPEAN DEFENCES IN BOTTLING UP SALAH

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SA TUTORS EUROPEAN DEFENCES IN BOTTLING UP SALAH

Post by metalalloy »

Bell wrote:
1naija wrote:This is a faulty conclusion. Salah did not score or shine in every game he played for Liverpool. This is like looking at one of those games he did not score in and say the liverpool system is deficient. SA played well in that game, but I bet if they play each other multiple times, Egypt and Salah will win most.

IT'S NOT THE LACK OF SCORING; IT'S THAT...

…he did not do anything to suggest to a non-EPL observer that he's the same person so feared by EPL defenses. Unless, as some have suggested, he had a cold.

To those telling us he didn't come into the tournament with his Liverpool M/F posse, be advised that he wasn't going against Chelsea-caliber defenders either, A world class player which he is should easily make himself known and I'm sure Egypt fans expected more.
Bell
Would you make the same argument about Messi and Copa America and other tournaments that he has struggled in?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: SA TUTORS EUROPEAN DEFENCES IN BOTTLING UP SALAH

Post by Bell »

metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:
1naija wrote:This is a faulty conclusion. Salah did not score or shine in every game he played for Liverpool. This is like looking at one of those games he did not score in and say the liverpool system is deficient. SA played well in that game, but I bet if they play each other multiple times, Egypt and Salah will win most.

IT'S NOT THE LACK OF SCORING; IT'S THAT...

…he did not do anything to suggest to a non-EPL observer that he's the same person so feared by EPL defenses. Unless, as some have suggested, he had a cold.

To those telling us he didn't come into the tournament with his Liverpool M/F posse, be advised that he wasn't going against Chelsea-caliber defenders either, A world class player which he is should easily make himself known and I'm sure Egypt fans expected more.
Bell
Would you make the same argument about Messi and Copa America and other tournaments that he has struggled in?
I'M NOT A BIG FOLLOWER OF MESSI (HAVING SAID YRS BEFORE THAT RONALDO WAS BETTER), BUT...

…I think, despite his lack of international titles, the quality of Messi has occasionally revealed itself. But Salah, neither by goal scoring nor deft touches did he convince anybody in this tournament that he's world class. It will be interesting to see how the SA LB handles Nigeria.
Bell