2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] SHU v TOT [WK 32]

Post by kajifu »

Sleaky72 wrote:So Saint Totteringham Day is in play this season?
Wow :sneaky:
Bros lets beat Wolves first come saturday,
Everton vs Spurs on Monday will be interesting game.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

This is just wrong!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote: This is just wrong!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v EVE [WK 33]

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Looking at the performances of Bruno Fernandes at ManU and for those of us who followed his progress in Portugal, you can not but wonder the type of policy we operate at Spurs where we constantly get it wrong because we are trying to save a few pennies and continuously throw money at expensive mis-fits. It was clear to every football buff that the guy is the real deal but our penny pinching ogas at White Hart Lane are not seriously interested in silverware and will rather bring in class B&C players to compete with the top 4 who are consistently bringing in class A players. I no longer watch our matches, only check results on Livescore.com to see the likes of Sheffield United thumping us or RB Leipzig white washing us 4-0 home and away; one win in our last 7 premier league matches, going out at home in the FA Cup to Southampton, truly the real Spurs is back, welcome to the pre Pochettino days all over again and to make matters worse we have Jose Mourinho as coach.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oluwatoyin, you summed it up perfectly. Until ownership change hands we won't be competing for silverware anytime soon. What ENIC wants is more money not trophies. The bigger stadium is not for the benefit of the team but rather for the club to generate extra revenue.

At this point I have resigned myself to losing Kane at the end of the season. The lad deserves to win a silverware before he calls a day on his career and Spurs unfortunately is still light years away from it.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 changes made: Toby for Sanchez and Bergwijn out for Winks. Appears it will be a 4-2-3-1:

Kane
Son * Lo Celso * Lucas
Sissoko * Winks
Davis * Dier * Toby * Aurier
Lloris

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It has been a while I lack so much confidence going into a match. The lack of swagger in all the matches played so far when going forward is very worrying. This team doesn't look like they have goals in them. In the last match they concentrated most of their attack on finding Kane instead of shooting from outside. LoCelso can't shoot accurately, Lucas has lost radar, Son left his scoring boots back in Hong Kong. Oh well, will just have to wait to see what happens.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Jose doesn't believe in Ndombele?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]kalani JR[/color] wrote: Jose doesn't believe in Ndombele?
Who will believe in him? He plays like he feels if he assert himself too much he would discombobulate.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Honestly we have so many dumb players. Son got the ball inside the opposition's 18 and opted to dribble out of the scoring threat, Aurier had a somewhat risky ball to deal with outside the 18 but instead of calmly heading the ball back to keeper or control and pass to a team mate he decided to shoot the ball into the sky, then there is Dier who inexplicable hits the ball diagonally from the left to one in particular.
Last edited by Its a Goal on Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Goal

Lo Celso.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Given to Keane as own goal. Either way we take it.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Twice now Lucas has had his pass intercepted.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We are so dull to watch.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I swear this is the worst I have seen us play.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Why does Hugo wanna beat up Son?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lloris and Son got into a heated confrontation at the end of the half. Lloris was upset about something Son may or may not have done. I suspect he was upset that Son didn't do enough in the center midfield giving Calvin-Lewis a chance at goal as the half came to an end.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Sleaky72[/color] wrote: Why does Hugo wanna beat up Son?
Son is not doing enough defensively.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

They've kissed and made up. The sex must have been that good.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We can't seem to put on any sustained attack. Just pass pass pass around the midfield box.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son is just defensively poor. I hope Bergwijn comes in for him.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

As I predicted. Son coming off for Bergwijn.