2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: Preseason Preparations

Post by balo »

Kane scored from "Donton" Singapore.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

balo wrote:Kane scored from "Donton" Singapore.

That goal reminds me of Nayim against Arsenal in 1995
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:The players in danger of losing their place in this team are Dele and Son. Dele most especially as it will be hard for him to find a place in the team. If you play Kane as the lone striker then it will be Moura/Son and Lo Celso/Eriksen as the supporting attacking midfielders. Further back, Ndombele will be paired with Sissoko/Winks.
I doubt that. Son was the second highest scorer in the team last season and I'm sure Poch's focus will be on getting Son to play as well as he does with Kane on the team as he does without Kane.
Dele had a relatively poor season stats wise but part of this was due to him playing much deeper rather than the second striker role he had played previously. Besides, Dele has massive credit in the bank with Poch and any new players will have to earn that place by playing better than him consistently.
I only caught the last 25 mins of the game and I thought the standout performers were Skipp and Marsh who came on at RB. What do you think?
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:
ogiso wrote:Would really like Rose to stay.
Spurs don't do sentiments. Once you reach a certain age or not quite the quality any.ore, you're moved on while the club can still get something from your sale. Hash but it free funds for new acquisitions
There is nothing wrong with Rose's quality but I think he's talked himself out of the club especially with his criticism of the medical staff last summer. Vertonghen and Alderweireld who are older than him are still at the club and will be offered contracts if they are willing to sign.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

toyin133 wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:The players in danger of losing their place in this team are Dele and Son. Dele most especially as it will be hard for him to find a place in the team. If you play Kane as the lone striker then it will be Moura/Son and Lo Celso/Eriksen as the supporting attacking midfielders. Further back, Ndombele will be paired with Sissoko/Winks.
I doubt that. Son was the second highest scorer in the team last season and I'm sure Poch's focus will be on getting Son to play as well as he does with Kane on the team as he does without Kane.
Dele had a relatively poor season stats wise but part of this was due to him playing much deeper rather than the second striker role he had played previously. Besides, Dele has massive credit in the bank with Poch and any new players will have to earn that place by playing better than him consistently.
I only caught the last 25 mins of the game and I thought the standout performers were Skipp and Marsh who came on at RB. What do you think?

Your team can't do without those 2 players (yet). They offer your team options. Keeping them out coming season is disadvantageous to you.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote:
Skipp was a monster in the first half and broke up a lot of Juve's play. Nothing went past him. Matter of fact, the youngsters that played in the first half made a better account of themselves than the seniors in the second. This team has bags of potential and you can see that their fitness level is so high. The goal this season should be to get off to a good start and keep it going as the season winds down. I really believe we can be in for a title contention as the likes of Kane and Lamela are raring to go.

I have to give a shout out to Parrot. He was the one who made the first goal happen with his hustles. KWP too is another serious contender for the RB. He keeps showing his potential to get up and down the field and whip in dangerous crosses. Foyth played as CB when he came on so I am not sure if he will still be looked upon to play RB this season. Georgiou played LB and bombed forward to give Juve enough reason headache on that side.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]balo[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: The players in danger of losing their place in this team are Dele and Son. Dele most especially as it will be hard for him to find a place in the team. If you play Kane as the lone striker then it will be Moura/Son and Lo Celso/Eriksen as the supporting attacking midfielders. Further back, Ndombele will be paired with Sissoko/Winks.
Your team can't do without those 2 players (yet). They offer your team options. Keeping them out coming season is disadvantageous to you.
Son had a few decent chances but none were on target. My fear for him is that he will be found out as he appears to be a one trick pony. Dele is not consistent as his passes are wayward often times. Today he was supposed to be the play maker but he couldn't hold the line of attack. Maybe I am being too harsh on him as it was the first pre-season game. Let's see what he does against ManU on Thursday.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Preseason. Good run out. Fingers crossed- no major injuries.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: The players in danger of losing their place in this team are Dele and Son. Dele most especially as it will be hard for him to find a place in the team. If you play Kane as the lone striker then it will be Moura/Son and Lo Celso/Eriksen as the supporting attacking midfielders. Further back, Ndombele will be paired with Sissoko/Winks.
Son had a few decent chances but none were on target. My fear for him is that he will be found out as he appears to be a one trick pony. Dele is not consistent as his passes are wayward often times. Today he was supposed to be the play maker but he couldn't hold the line of attack. Maybe I am being too harsh on him as it was the first pre-season game. Let's see what he does against ManU on Thursday.
IAG, which trick is that, his speed, trickery and skill on the ball, his goal scoring ability?

Son, a "one trick" pony? :shock:
Last edited by pajimoh on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Regarding Ryan Sessegnon - Telegraph saying this is now close for £20m, with Onomah and Nkoudou possibly making up some of the fee: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... sessegnon/

Once more Levy hath done it again.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Its a Goal wrote:
Wow it seems you dont know your own player?The guy is the most difficult player in your team to dfend with speed,alot of trick,his movement hard to stop..
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

IAG, Kane is more of a one trick pony than Son. Ditto Dele and a number of the English contingent. Don't lose sleep over Son. He is solid and will continue to grow.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Pogba should learn not to kick a man when already down.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs just signed a new shirt sponsorship deal with AIA worth 40 million a year for 8 years.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Spurs just signed a new shirt sponsorship deal with AIA worth 40 million a year for 8 years.
Damn Levy. Chairman extraordinaire

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Score v Man U? Is the game over?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Man U won that game. Didn't watch. Just saw result. Pochettino trying out his diamond formation again. Don't know why he doesn't stick with 4231. We look far better but then he may want to improve squad familiarity with it.

PS a number of kids played the match.
Last edited by Cristao II on Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Man U watched that game. Didn't watch. Just sea result. Pochettino trying out his diamond formation again. Don't know why he doesn't stick with 4231. We look far better but then he may want to improve squad familiarity with it.

PS a number of kids played the match.
I wanted to know how Tanganga? coped and Parrot, did Skipp also play and how about Ndombele's performance?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

What I can read from forums is that the midfield was disjointed. Winks, Sissoko and Ndombele need time together.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

sisoko nah serial fouler...my goodness
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Asked if Spurs felt pressure to compete with their big-spending Premier League rivals, chairman Daniel Levy said: "If I'm honest, we don't feel the pressure. Our view is wherever we can, we will improve the team

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Strong rumors linking Spurs with Dybala. Links to Lo Celso and Sissegeon not going away.

Toby's release clause of 25M has expired meaning if anyone wants him now they have to pay significantly more. My take is Toby loves Spurs and doesn't want to leave hence why nobody bothered trying to put a bid in for him.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Strong rumors linking Spurs with Dybala. Links to Lo Celso and Sissegeon not going away.

Toby's release clause of 25M has expired meaning if anyone wants him now they have to pay significantly more. My take is Toby loves Spurs and doesn't want to leave hence why nobody bothered trying to put a bid in for him.
Doesn't look like anyone else is coming, at least not in time to take advantage of pre season preparations.