2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT v RBL [RD-16 1L]

Post by danfo driver »

PaJimoh, read this:

As much as I dislike Miguel Delaney, read this and say he is telling lies? Even I, who is not a professional coach, I can guarantee you that if you give me that Tottenham squad of yesterday, I will fight with Nagelsmann! My team will come out like warriors and give their blood on that pitch! First thinsg first, I am playing with a dammmmn striker, Parrot is starting that game! Whether he is five years old or not, is his business! He is starting and he is giving me a performance! I dont care of he scores, but he is giving me every damnnn sweat he has in his body on that pitch!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 45416.html
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] CHE vs TOT [WK 27]

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Wow. JoMo changing his formation up for the first time to counteract what Chelsea will do by playing 3 at the back. Dele rides the bench likewise Aurier. Tanganga is beneficiary today of that move as he goes back to his preferred RB. This match is going to question Ndombele's fitness as he now starts is expected to last at least 60 minutes if not the entire 90. Seems the lineup will be 3-4-3:

Lo Celso * Lucas * Bergwijn
Davies * Winks * Ndombele * Tanganga
Jan * Toby * Sanchez

My hope is that we won't sit back too much giving Chelsea a free ride at attacking our goal. That Ndombele will find his touch and dominate the midfield like we know he can. Good luck guys. COYS!!!
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I wish Jose well. I am out to see how he deals with 3 men. Frank is trying to replicate Leipzig unfortunately (or fortunately) he doesnt have forwards with the movement of Werner.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I would have played Lamela. But it's also a good option to have Lamela and Dele come in.

The selection looks very defensive but I hope they learn something from the latter stages of Leipzig and take the fight to Chelsea.
TGBATG. COYS
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Wow. JoMo changing his formation up for the first time to counteract what Chelsea will do by playing 3 at the back. Dele rides the bench likewise Aurier. Tanganga is beneficiary today of that move as he goes back to his preferred RB. This match is going to question Ndombele's fitness as he now starts is expected to last at least 60 minutes if not the entire 90. Seems the lineup will be 3-4-3:

Lo Celso * Lucas * Bergwijn
Davies * Winks * Ndombele * Tanganga
Jan * Toby * Sanchez

My hope is that we won't sit back too much giving Chelsea a free ride at attacking our goal. That Ndombele will find his touch and dominate the midfield like we know he can. Good luck guys. COYS!!!
He finally opened his eyes after being b1tch slapped more than 5 times against 3-4-3 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Even match so far as neither side as made an attempt at goal. Chelsea dominating possession though.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura should have scored there.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hugo had to be alert as Mount tried him on his near side. Good save.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Chelsea beginning to ask a few questions of Spurs' defense.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Damn. Shouldn't there be offside before that sequence?

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Why is Lloris crying?
Good finish by Giroud
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: 5 defenders!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Damn. Shouldn't there be offside before that sequence?
why?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Its a Goal wrote:Damn. Shouldn't there be offside before that sequence?
You wish :tic:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

There was venom in that Giroud strike. Hope the home team can ride that goal to a W.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Midfield is disjointed so far.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Winks bags a yellow for getting caught with the ball.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Winks took one for SPURS.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ndombele needs to stronger and stop rolling on the floor.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Lo Celso kicks out on Mount and gets away with it
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ndombele is not imposing his will on this midfield instead he is been pushed and shoved around quite easily.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Its a Goal wrote:Midfield is disjointed so far.
The entire team is disjointed. This team is BAD. Defenders know nothing about defending. Some cannot make SIMPLE pass.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”