2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [CL] OLY v TOT [GP B GM1]

Post by balo »

At least you started better than some EPL clubs. But giving up a 2-goal lead must hurt.
Last edited by balo on Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

IAG, Must Spuds copy everything Arsenal does? :D
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: 2 goals up and couldn't hold on
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] LEI v TOT [WK 6]

Post by Its a Goal »

Poch's frustration is just going to double after reading Levy's interview of not spending any more money on transfers nor on improving the terms of the current contracts in place.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Poch's frustration is just going to double after reading Levy's interview of not spending any more money on transfers nor on improving the terms of the current contracts in place.
Where did you get this misleading info from?

Tottenham Hotspur’s brand new stadium is a marvel to see. It’s arguably the best stadium in world football, equipped to handle not just EPL matches but NFL games, rugby and concerts. Our bald ninja Jedi, Daniel Levy, spent what had to be a ton of sleepless nights planning this entire project for years. To see it come to fruition meant he might actually sleep in for once in his life.

The entire project cost the club £1.2 billion, with a reported £637 million of that covered by loans from HSBC, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch and Bank of America. The debt that these loans covered were set for a full repayment date of April 2022, which has led some to fret that repayment of the loans over time would lead to financial austerity such as what was seen by Arsenal after they finished the Emirates. But as James Ollie of the Standard reports, there was a plan all along and Daniel Levy has insisted that the refinance will not alter transfer business.

“[The refinancing] will have no ­bearing on how we run the club… and no bearing on those types of short-term movements [like transfers].

“We could easily have spent more money on players. Who knows if that would have brought us more success or not? The right approach is to build from the bottom up. There is no quick fix to becoming a much more significant global club.

We have to take Levy at face value on this, mainly because he’s a hell of a lot smarter at running a football club than any of us. ENIC has had a plan ever since taking over the club in 2001, and the result has been a club known as a “cup team” transforming into a perennial Champions League participant. It took a long time to get there, but ENIC is seeing the fruits of its labor. As for the stadium, here’s the important part of the article:

Spurs were originally due to pay back loans totalling that amount by April 2022 but have spent the past few months converting that debt into bonds to stagger the payments. The club have raised £525m of finance after securing a variety of deals with an average maturity period of 23 years and an interest rate of 2.66 per cent.

Tottenham moved into their new stadium in April, towards the end of a season in which they did not spend any money on transfers, yet still secured a top-four finish and reached the Champions League Final.

This summer saw them spend around £120m net on players and Levy insists the refinancing will help them operate along similar lines as they balance longer-term debt with the freedom of no longer having to meet the 2022 deadline for repayment.

The stadium’s debts has always been a difficult topic to break down, so that excerpt helps explain what the club is doing to handle the debt. By staggering the payments, it will mean paying more money down the road in interest, but it allows the club to operate in a fairly regular way and not being shackled by massive payments in the next three years. The interest rates on the refinance are at a ridiculously low 2.66%, which is barely above current inflation. That means less money to bankers over a longer period of time.

Tottenham are expected to increase their stadium revenue substantially with the new stadium, with figures being as high as £110 million over the course of a season being reported. That’s on par with clubs such as Manchester United. We can make all the “cheese room” jokes we want, but the inclusion of these world class facilities catering to corporate sponsors was done for a reason. Eventually, Levy will find a perfect suitor for the stadium naming rights, which he values at around £400m over the course of a potential deal.

All in all, this is great news for the club. The low interest rates and the conversion of the majority of the debt to bonds will help ensure that Spurs have a safety net in place in the event they don’t qualify for the Champions League at some point in the coming years.

Levy is a clever businessman, but it always helps to look at other projects and how to improve upon them. One of the biggest things that hurt Arsenal when they built their stadium was the debt that they incurred, which crippled them in the transfer market. Their stadium debt was around £400m, and looking at the players they bought from 2004 on? It’s easy to see that they were reluctant on splashing a huge amount of money. Of course, the transfer window was a far different beast at the time. The world record transfer at the time was Zinedine Zidane’s move to Real Madrid for £46m, and that happened in 2001. The four seasons after the Emirates Stadium opened up, Arsenal only spent £10m+ on a player twice: Aleksandr Hleb (£13.5m) and Eduardo (£12.15m). At the time, Tottenham were nowhere near the Champions League picture and Manchester City hadn’t burst onto the scene yet, so finishing in the Top 4 was almost a foregone conclusion and they could count on that extra cash year in and year out.

Adding it all up, the fact of the matter is that Tottenham Hotspur are in fantastic financial shape and the best days may yet to be seen. We have a stadium that is the envy of the football world, a squad that can compete with the best in Europe and strong leadership where it counts. I know the #ENICOUT and #LEVYOUT crowd will never stop shouting from the hilltops, but those voices have been a lot quieter for a reason: Levy knows what he’s doing
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele and Hugo not in the match squad. Eriksen on the bench.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Pa Jimoh that report you posted didn't provide the full interview Levy gave. I will find it for you.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I honestly don't believe Poch will stay past this season. The club is increasingly looking stale and uninspired. Something has to give. It is either he sells and starts the project all over again with young and fresher players or he allows someone to lift these players up.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Fast start to the match. Leicester almost gets a break through twice while Son just missed wide.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs trying to stamp it's authority on the match.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The pace at which this match is been played it surely can't end goalless.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Winks is such a honest harder worker in the midfield.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

James Madison almost finds the back of the net.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

It's like we can't buy a win away from home - SHOCKING
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Ndidi scores pending VAR.

VAR OVERRULES IT
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Madddison run rings round the Spurs defense but couldn't beat Gazzanigga on the side corner.

Gazzanigga error gives Leicester the lead. Fails to catch the ball and gives them the chance to fight the ball in.

Saved by VAR.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Sissokho two footed and gets away with just a yellow . Lucky boy
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

A hard challenge by Sissoko in front of Leicester's 18 earns him an unfair yellow.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Sleaky72[/color] wrote: Sissokho two footed and gets away with just a yellow . Lucky boy
That was not a 2 footed challenge. He went for the ball and crucially his studs were not facing his opponent.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

That should have been a pen for Danny getting fouled in the 18.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Its a Goal wrote:A hard challenge by Sissoko in front of Leicester's 18 earns him an unfair yellow.
It not hard to say the truth irrespective of team you support. The trailing leg he raised up made his legal tackle illegal and this he gets booked.
His tackle was hard and ok but he messed it up by raising his feet afterwards thus tripping him.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ndombele is such a silky player.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Sleaky72[/color] wrote: Sissokho two footed and gets away with just a yellow . Lucky boy
That was not a 2 footed challenge. He went for the ball and crucially his studs were not facing his opponent.
I know ur a homer and that’s cool but come on now. These Spurs players like Rose, Son and Lamela must go 2 a school of diving. Oh I 4got Kane as well. Lk at Rose with a blatant charge, with an outstretched leg 2 draw contact and then the swan dive. Ref smartly waves it off. :lol: