2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v NEW [WK 3]

Post by kalani JR »

Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Write off this season. It is done. To lose to a Steve Bruce side is unpardonable. Tufiakwa. For the first time in years I am depressed thinking of an Arsenal Spurs match. Even when it was their Henry, Vieira team - I wasnt this worried.
Form has never been a factor in NLDs. That always goes out of the window. Usually players and fans get themselves up for this game. The NLD is no guide for any season.

But something not right at Spurs. It reminds of how Sanchez split the dressing room leading to deep divisions and fights amongst team mates. Arsenal's clear out and rebuild is in the final stages. Spurs in need of a rebuild, too many players do not want to be there and are not performing.

I do not know much about Spurs but my die hard Spurs friend says top 4 is out this season and no CL football for a while.

Trippier has alluded to problems behind the scenes with players. What is this about Kane and Verts fisticuffs? Both players ending up with black eyes. Not good.
I don't see them missing top four, Man United or Chelsea finishing ahead of them?
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Guys and exaggerations!!!
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Guys and exaggerations!!!
I’m hearing they now want Poch sacked and bring in Mourinho.

But those comment made by Trippier last month regarding behind the scenes cannot be ignored. It’s contract business has affected some of the players...
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Waffiman said this earlier

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kalani JR wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Write off this season. It is done. To lose to a Steve Bruce side is unpardonable. Tufiakwa. For the first time in years I am depressed thinking of an Arsenal Spurs match. Even when it was their Henry, Vieira team - I wasnt this worried.
Form has never been a factor in NLDs. That always goes out of the window. Usually players and fans get themselves up for this game. The NLD is no guide for any season.

But something not right at Spurs. It reminds of how Sanchez split the dressing room leading to deep divisions and fights amongst team mates. Arsenal's clear out and rebuild is in the final stages. Spurs in need of a rebuild, too many players do not want to be there and are not performing.

I do not know much about Spurs but my die hard Spurs friend says top 4 is out this season and no CL football for a while.

Trippier has alluded to problems behind the scenes with players. What is this about Kane and Verts fisticuffs? Both players ending up with black eyes. Not good.
I don't see them missing top four, Man United or Chelsea finishing ahead of them?
I can see it happening...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:VAR will hit Spurs hard this season. :D :D
I dont get how that penalty wasnt given..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:

Interesting. Jan Vertonghen is very popular with the players. Belgium, Ajax and other cliques. I dont see Kane as being that popular compared to Jan - forget the 'he is one of our own'. I see Kane as a Pochettino baby and am still peeved that Moura was benched for Kane in the final.

We will see how it goes from here. All I know is that if Poch is benching Jan as a result of a fight - then he is being very silly.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Harry Winks is an interesting one. Technically gifted player but extremely slow and predictable in his passing progression thus slowing down their build up. He offers little defensively as well.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I don't get the hype around spurs..this is a team that lost 13 league matches last season, they finished 4th, and won nothing...today people are acting as if spurs has arrived...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Why is it that when we lose a game it's like armageddon and the world is about to end, i really don't get !!!! Arsenal lost on Saturday i didn't see the end of the world reaction, Chelsea lost 4-0 no OTT reaction, we lost a game and all i read is write off the season, world is ending, sack Poch bring Mourinho blah!! blah!! In any given football match you win, draw or lose!! Abeg!!! dress make i see front jare!!!!
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Why is it that when we lose a game it's like armageddon and the world is about to end, i really don't get !!!! Arsenal lost on Saturday i didn't see the end of the world reaction, Chelsea lost 4-0 no OTT reaction, we lost a game and all i read is write off the season, world is ending, sack Poch bring Mourinho blah!! blah!! In any given football match you win, draw or lose!! Abeg!!! dress make i see front jare!!!!
I haven't been able to eat dinner since the match :mad:

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cristao II wrote:
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Why is it that when we lose a game it's like armageddon and the world is about to end, i really don't get !!!! Arsenal lost on Saturday i didn't see the end of the world reaction, Chelsea lost 4-0 no OTT reaction, we lost a game and all i read is write off the season, world is ending, sack Poch bring Mourinho blah!! blah!! In any given football match you win, draw or lose!! Abeg!!! dress make i see front jare!!!!
I haven't been able to eat dinner since the match :mad:
How many dinners did you skip after the 13 matches lost last season in the league? I didn't include FA cup, League cup or the games in the champs league. Spurs lost almost 20 plus matches last season. I guess you couldn't eat or you missed over 20 meals because of spurs..smh
SuperEagles

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

for some strange reason you saw them challenging city, i won't ask why.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I think they have a better squad overall and I wasn't sure Liverpool will be as good as they were last season. In addition United, Chelsea and Arsenal are no were near their level.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I think they have a better squad overall and I wasn't sure Liverpool will be as good as they were last season. In addition United, Chelsea and Arsenal are no were near their level.
Spurs lost 13 league matches last season....let that sink in JNR
SuperEagles

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

lo celso or whatever and ndombele were enough to make up a 25 point gap in your valued opinion?
Saints baby we did it
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

futcha easy, stop exposing kalani :lol: :lol: :lol:, as i said Spurs is a money miss road like assanal
SuperEagles

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Spurs lost 13 league matches last season....let that sink in JNR
losses to burnley southampton and now newcastle,

i think being a mod is messing with his brain, the bobo never used to talk nonsense like this, no where near their level, wow.
Saints baby we did it
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:VAR will hit Spurs hard this season. :D :D
I dont get how that penalty wasnt given..
I don't know what angle you saw. But the decisive angle is clear. Kane was through on goal but the ball had gone wide. Lascelles was in a foot race with Kane for the ball, Kane runs away from the football across Lascelles to find contact to win a penalty. VAR, rules correctly, it was no penalty.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sleaky72 wrote:
kenmega wrote:Apart from that, most Spurs supporters have forgotten that we start slow in the opening Premier League games for so many years now so maybe once the this transfer window settle down then we should be fine.
One thing I noticed is that Winks is no replacement 4 a prime Dembele. His ability in the Middle was sorely missed by Tottenham HS.
Dembele injury kill that boy,at his prime only Yaya Toure at his best was better than him in EPL in MF.Hard to replaced such talent
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
kenmega wrote:Apart from that, most Spurs supporters have forgotten that we start slow in the opening Premier League games for so many years now so maybe once the this transfer window settle down then we should be fine.
One thing I noticed is that Winks is no replacement 4 a prime Dembele. His ability in the Middle was sorely missed by Tottenham HS.
Dembele injury kill that boy,at his prime only Yaya Toure at his best was better than him in EPL in MF.Hard to replaced such talent

True....Dembele was massive for them. Shocking result though. I expect(ed) Spurs to give City and Pool a run for their money this season.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

CL Draw:

Group B: Bayern, Tottenham
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Bayern it is for you in Group B.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg