2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kenmega
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [CL] RED vs TOT [GP-B GM4]

Post by kenmega »

We need someone to teach Sanchez on his positional awareness. He has none within the last year or two.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Lo Celso >>> Eriksen
:rotf: :rotf: Your eye don begin open?!

This is the problem I have with you people. When I advise you, you guys never listen until you suffer pain! Remember when I told you that Eriksen was a loser and you argued with me? Remember when I told you that your defender were useless and you argued with me. Now, you are agreeing with everything I had seen years ago. smh
Elenu rirun where did I argue such with you :mrgreen:? The problem with Lo Celso was that he came in after pre-season and unfit and injured. Poch has had to ease him in slowly. For some strange reason Poch just likes Eriksen and gives him as many games as he can just to try to get back into form. As for our defense I just have no clue what's going on back there as they are no longer as solid as they once were.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:

This is the problem I have with you people. When I advise you, you guys never listen until you suffer pain! Remember when I told you that Eriksen was a loser and you argued with me? Remember when I told you that your defender were useless and you argued with me. Now, you are agreeing with everything I had seen years ago. smh
Elenu rirun where did I argue such with you :mrgreen:? The problem with Lo Celso was that he came in after pre-season and unfit and injured. Poch has had to ease him in slowly. For some strange reason Poch just likes Eriksen and gives him as many games as he can just to try to get back into form. As for our defense I just have no clue what's going on back there as they are no longer as solid as they once were.
For Alderweireld and Rose, I think its that long term injury.

The for Vertonghen and Sanchez, they are very talented but they arent as good as people think. For Sanchez, I began to realize it early this season when I watched him closely and had that discussion with Oloye about it.

For your right back, you dont have a capable one right now. Aurier is a dunce, unfortunately, and the walker-peters child isnt as good as Walker or the boy that went to Atleti.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:

For Alderweireld and Rose, I think its that long term injury.

The for Vertonghen and Sanchez, they are very talented but they arent as good as people think. For Sanchez, I began to realize it early this season when I watched him closely and had that discussion with Oloye about it.

For your right back, you dont have a capable one right now. Aurier is a dunce, unfortunately, and the walker-peters child isnt as good as Walker or the boy that went to Atleti.
Danny appears to have made a full recovery from his injury although playing 2 games in a week is still a bit much for him. Toby on the other seems to have lost his concentration, something that was his best feature.

We definitely have a big problem in the CB position. About 3 seasons ago we had the best defensive record as the partnership of Jan and Toby was just the best. Now those 2 are into their 30s but Poch has yet to find their replacement. Sanchez and Dier/Tanganga are the future prospect but that combination is still not solid enough for me. RB will belong to Foyth eventually so long as he cuts out the mistakes at the most inappropriate time. LB will be Ryan once Danny leaves with Davies backing him up.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Danny Rose should be sold asap.

On to today's setup. Is this the first time the back 4 is playing together? Best of luck to the boys. Interesting lineup. No Winks, Eriksen, Rose, Alderwiereld in starting lineup - good.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] SHU vs TOT [WK 12]

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Danny Rose should be sold asap.

On to today's setup. Is this the first time the back 4 is playing together? Best of luck to the boys. Interesting lineup. No Winks, Eriksen, Rose, Alderwiereld in starting lineup - good.
Unfortunately for you Danny is still first choice LB.

I thought Ryan would have been given the nod today to start ahead of Davies. Hopefully this is beginning of the transition in the CB position. As much as I love Toby he has been guilty of getting ran over for a few goals. Lo Celso deserves to start based on his performance midweek. His energy level was just unbelievable and what has been lacking all season.

Good luck to the lads. COYS!!!

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Danny Rose is not of the right quality to be first choice. He should be sold asap. Ben Davies should have the nod ahead 9f him.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dier picks up an early yellow.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Gazzanigga with an early save.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Danny Rose is not of the right quality to be first choice. He should be sold asap. Ben Davies should have the nod ahead 9f him.
On this we part ways. Danny may not be the right choice of LB but Davies is certainly not better than him.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Comedy of errors all over the pitch. The lads are making wayward passes.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sheffiield outplaying us.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ndombele seem to have done his groin.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dier needs to watch it. He is way off pace and is getting dragged into dangerous positions where he is forced to make a tackle.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane could have done better to finish off the move.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Erik Dier is a concern for me.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele's mojo is back.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Much better tempo.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

C II, how you ever say you will have Davies over Rose is beyond reason.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What is wrong with Sanchez??????????

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

At some point Dier will have to be subbed.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bar saved the day.