2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kenmega
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] BUR vs TOT [WK 29]

Post by kenmega »

oloye wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:I thought teams quit on Mourinho after three seasons?
This will be record time if this continues
He has never has to chase from a hopeless position in a team with no money to spend. Maybe if they started the season together it would have been different. It was desperation to get back into management that got him to take a job he should never have touched
Levynomics
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

oloye wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Totes have 2 much anxiety and nervous energy.
They have the better team but they need 2 settle down the nerves and they could be alright.
They look like they are playing with a “fear of failure”
They are, that is the sign of a team that has lost its identity and now asking question of itself. The players tha constitute the strength of the team are not there, so the rest are going into matches wondering if they would survive or not
I can’t disagree wit ur assessment. Maybe they can turn it around in the second half.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Sleaky72 wrote:Even though I’m an Arsenal fan, I don’t harbor much dislike for Totts because my Nigerian father was a big fan. He said it’s because they gave a Nigerian a chance 2 play for them in the 80s and that’s why he supported them. Don’t really know the guy because it was more than a decade before I was born.
I actually feel bad seeing them struggle like this. Smh
That must be John Chidozie
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Sleaky72 wrote:Even though I’m an Arsenal fan, I don’t harbor much dislike for Totts because my Nigerian father was a big fan. He said it’s because they gave a Nigerian a chance 2 play for them in the 80s and that’s why he supported them. Don’t really know the guy because it was more than a decade before I was born.
That's John Chiedozie.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The Bergwyne of a guy is showing why Jose does not trust playing kids, the guy has been running around like he does not know what he is supposed to do on the field
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Sleaky72[/color] wrote: Even though I’m an Arsenal fan, I don’t harbor much dislike for Totts because my Nigerian father was a big fan. He said it’s because they gave a Nigerian a chance 2 play for them in the 80s and that’s why he supported them. Don’t really know the guy because it was more than a decade before I was born.
John Chidoeze. The first Nigerian international.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

oloye wrote:
Oh?
Sorry never heard uv him.
I’ll try google and YouTube :D
Thanks
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Sleaky72[/color] wrote: Even though I’m an Arsenal fan, I don’t harbor much dislike for Totts because my Nigerian father was a big fan. He said it’s because they gave a Nigerian a chance 2 play for them in the 80s and that’s why he supported them. Don’t really know the guy because it was more than a decade before I was born.
Gotcha thanks
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Sleaky72 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Oh?
Thanks
Pacy winger with few tricks in his bags.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Unless there is a drastic change in the second half Burnley will score the second and possibly the third. Spurs need to sort out their midfield, there is not enough creativity or intelligence there.

Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: This man is absolutely crap. Absolutely destroying Tottenham. Never thought I will ever say this, especially at this point in his reign. #JoMoOut
Remember when I told Cristao that you are reactive as a person, instead of being proactive. What others see today, it takes you 2 years to see it. I truly hope, for your own sake, that this is only a football issue and you arent this reactive generally.
When you see a manager deciding to field more defenders than attackers against a weak team then you have to accept he is starting to drag your team down. No point to been sentimental about it.
Perhaps he’s seen Spuds as a lost cause & wanting to be sacked. He’s probably made more money from getting sacked, than from coaching.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Sleaky72[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Gotcha thanks
Like your dad, it was because of him that made me fall in love with Spurs.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He made so much noise about the kind of jobs he would take, that he would like to start the season with the team. He mentioned that he turned down clubs because they do not meet his expectations, then he showed up mid-season in a team with a model nowhere near what he has worked with in almost 2 decades.... That is either desperation there or a man who has discovered a way to make money while getting sacked.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Sleaky72[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Gotcha thanks
Like your dad, it was because of him that made me fall in love with Spurs.
Interesting.
Gotta check that JC dude out
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

oloye wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Oh?
Thanks
Pacy winger with few tricks in his bags.
That clown called Terry Venables ruined his career.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

14 shots to 3.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

viewtopic.php?t=73078&highlight=chidozie#p1044030

Wow googled JC and this story came up about him.
Very sad story.
Damn :shock:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

dd's boy is about to come on.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The coward angel* has finally decided to come out and attack.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

IAG AND OLOYE,

Thanks 4 your insight.
As I search about JC, so much history and stories about Nigerian ex football players are coming about.
This is quite good reading.
Thanks again fellas.
I’ll settle down and learn rather than watching this boring game
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lo Celso and Lucas have come on.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lo Celso immediately gets Lamela in on goal and wins a pen.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele to take it.