Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:35 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 128  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:19 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5338
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Why does Jose hate Lo Celso?


The same reason Poch, who bought him, hated him with a passion


That was just Rosario Central/Newell's beef.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 30951
Shhhhhhh!!! His teams only play defensive football.

Well done boys. Glad to see Skipp, Sess and Parrott.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 30951
Its a Goal wrote:
Poor Danny Rose. Just can't seem to get a game anymore.

JoMo is now pretty much sticking to his preferred attacking side comprising of Son, Dele, Lucas and Kane. Midfield of Dier and Sissoko will be interesting as Dier is not yet back to his regular best, maybe this is Mou's way of playing him back to fitness. Back will be the same as the last 2 games containing Aurier, Sanchez, Toby and Jan.

All I hope for today is a cleansheet. That defense needs to start understanding how to defend especially late in the game.

Kane
Son * Dele * Lucas
Dier * Sissoko
Jan * Toby * Sanchez * Aurier
Gazzanigga


Jose should keep on benching Rose. Since that Southampton game I have been pissed with him. Danny is not a serious defender. Unless Davies and Vertonghen are both unavailable. Perhaps even when Sessegnon is out as well. Might even prefer playing Aurier there before him.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14367
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Why does Jose hate Lo Celso?


The same reason Poch, who bought him, hated him with a passion


That was just Rosario Central/Newell's beef.


This seems like a Spanish speaking - Portuguese speaking rivalry then.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14367
Cristao II wrote:
Shhhhhhh!!! His teams only play defensive football.

Well done boys. Glad to see Skipp, Sess and Parrott.


You are wicked o! you even garnish your post with the "youth" angle too. Why you dey waya the village literature teacher? :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14367
this was parrot's league debut????!! surprised. thought he'd have played under poch.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30402
@Paji, IAG, no ouch about it. Great to see Ogbuefi back in the dugout, top, top, manager...hopefully wins something with Spurs, been a while hasn’t it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14367


The mentality has to change.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 31670
Coach wrote:
@Paji, IAG, no ouch about it. Great to see Ogbuefi back in the dugout, top, top, manager...hopefully wins something with Spurs, been a while hasn’t it?

It feels like the last century but great progress on and off the pitch since the usual "Spursy" days

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 40006
Location: Transition
danfo driver wrote:
this was parrot's league debut????!! surprised. thought he'd have played under poch.

This was undoing and led to his downfall. Poch was known for trusting in youth players and bring them along but all of a sudden he began to depend deeply on his old and tested. So many young players he could have fast tracked their progress but instead opted to leave them in the youth system. When he arrived he wielded the big stick by benching all the so called big players like Kaboul, Adebayor and the likes, brought in young fresh players willing to learn and built his team around them. He suddenly got fat and lazy and then became complacent. It is an indictment on him that Parrott made his debut for Ireland ahead of Spurs.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 40006
Location: Transition
Honestly with JoMo it feels different. A different kind of mentality. My sense of reasoning is not maybe we can win something but confidence that we are going to win something. I wish Poch well and success in the future but he needs now more than ever is time away from the game to work on his mindset. He has to develop a winning mentality and start thinking of ways to win rather than be resigned to whatever outcome he gets.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:38 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5338
Its a Goal wrote:
Honestly with JoMo it feels different. A different kind of mentality. My sense of reasoning is not maybe we can win something but confidence that we are going to win something. I wish Poch well and success in the future but he needs now more than ever is time away from the game to work on his mindset. He has to develop a winning mentality and start thinking of ways to win rather than be resigned to whatever outcome he gets.


The man had a better winning percentage than Billy Nicholson and this is how you treat him?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 31670

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:37 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5338
pajimoh wrote:


:clap: Sonaldo Nazario.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 30951
kalani JR wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Honestly with JoMo it feels different. A different kind of mentality. My sense of reasoning is not maybe we can win something but confidence that we are going to win something. I wish Poch well and success in the future but he needs now more than ever is time away from the game to work on his mindset. He has to develop a winning mentality and start thinking of ways to win rather than be resigned to whatever outcome he gets.


The man had a better winning percentage than Billy Nicholson and this is how you treat him?


He didn't win a single trophy and in his last season lost to a team that the u-21s later beat. Pochettino in his final year was not the manager that we knew. I wish him the what in hia future and hope he learns. I don't want to dig into his handling of the cups for Spurs.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30402
Interesting to see the base of midfield pairing, Winks may well keep the ball moving but looks very much like a Southern Jordan Henderson. Question, where does that leave Ndo bebe?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14367
Coach wrote:
Interesting to see the base of midfield pairing, Winks may well keep the ball moving but looks very much like a Southern Jordan Henderson. Question, where does that leave Ndo bebe?


In a better place than it leaves Pepe or Pew :rotf:

A man’s house is on fire, burning to the ground and he has time to go to his neighbors house to discuss the affairs of the neighbors kitchen. :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 40006
Location: Transition
Coach wrote:
Interesting to see the base of midfield pairing, Winks may well keep the ball moving but looks very much like a Southern Jordan Henderson. Question, where does that leave Ndo bebe?

Every player has a role to play. Ndombele has yet to reach the PL level to adapt to what JoMo wants. If you watch his game he tends to give the ball away in dangerous positions. Jose prefers players who are consistent and disciplined. Dier is a no frizzle and dazzle kind of midfielder that will keep the middle tight by breaking up plays. Funny enough that was exactly what Sissoko used to do and got stick for. I believe in time Jose will turn Ndombele to another Mikel by cutting out all those fancy leg work and make him just play ball. Mourinho doesn't believe in circus tricks. Those are entertainers not winners.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 40006
Location: Transition
Cristao II wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Honestly with JoMo it feels different. A different kind of mentality. My sense of reasoning is not maybe we can win something but confidence that we are going to win something. I wish Poch well and success in the future but he needs now more than ever is time away from the game to work on his mindset. He has to develop a winning mentality and start thinking of ways to win rather than be resigned to whatever outcome he gets.

The man had a better winning percentage than Billy Nicholson and this is how you treat him?


He didn't win a single trophy and in his last season lost to a team that the u-21s later beat. Pochettino in his final year was not the manager that we knew. I wish him the what in hia future and hope he learns. I don't want to dig into his handling of the cups for Spurs.

I couldn't agree with you more. I love man crush for Poch but it sadden me to see how he failed to develop a winning mentality during his time. This morning while watching Aston Villa I kept wondering why he didn't sanction the move for Grealish knowing he could work with him to become an instant star. Sad how he signed Jack Clarke in the summer yet loaned back out instead of keeping and mentoring him. So many youth players he could have developed but failed to give them a chance.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 40006
Location: Transition
Please tell me that the Marouane Fellaini rumor of the day ain't true.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 40006
Location: Transition
A dead rubber match with a lot of implications for JoMo. This is a rare opportunity for him to rest some of his big guns and play the fringe players. There are players like Lo Celso, KWP and Foyth, by their own rights deserve to be starting, will now get a chance to start while youth players like Skipp, Parrott and Ryan will also get a look in at facing Bayern tomorrow. If these players impress that will cause Jose a pause a second to think through who needs to come in next month however if they none fails to step up to the plate then it'll be likely new signings will on the way.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 30951
Its a Goal wrote:
A dead rubber match with a lot of implications for JoMo. This is a rare opportunity for him to rest some of his big guns and play the fringe players. There are players like Lo Celso, KWP and Foyth, by their own rights deserve to be starting, will now get a chance to start while youth players like Skipp, Parrott and Ryan will also get a look in at facing Bayern tomorrow. If these players impress that will cause Jose a pause a second to think through who needs to come in next month however if they none fails to step up to the plate then it'll be likely new signings will on the way.


No implications. We are already expecting a tough game. It is an opportunity to test people under fire.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30402
Dead rubber? Doubt Mourinho would want to oil up and bend over at the Allianz.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 128  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group