MAN CITY: SEASON/20-21

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MAN CITY: SEASON/19-20

Post by Senator WIRES »

He believed that I was upset with him for the goal we conceded': Pep
Pep has clarified the situation following his bust-up with star striker Sergio Aguero on the touchline during Manchester City's 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

The incident occurred on 66 minutes after Aguero was replaced by Gabriel Jesus.

Just 10 minutes earlier, Lucas Moura had equalsied from a corner for Tottenham to make it 2-2 - something Guardiola claims that Aguero blamed him for.

After the game, the Spaniard explained why the pair had fallen out but insisted that their relationship hadn't been harmed by the incident.

'Aguero believed I was upset with him for the goal we conceded. The goal we conceded was a corner,' the City boss said.

'I wanted one on one movement. He thought I was upset with him.

'I am sometimes exaggerated on the touchline but few times am I upset with the players.

'I was a football player, I know what it is like to be in there. Emotion is part of our game. We talked after and during. He's a guy I love a lot.'
As Aguero was substituted he appeared to make a comment as he walked past Guardiola in the dug-out.

The striker's words prompted a furious response from Guardiola, who turned around and began shouting at the striker, who responded with a verbal volley of his own.

The pair continued to trade verbal blows for 44 seconds, with Aguero refusing to sit down as he shouted at Guardiola.

Eventually, City's assistant coach Mikel Arteta was forced to intervene and ushered Guardiola towards the touchline.

However, the City boss looked to have had the last laugh when Jesus fired home inside the 18-yard box, deep into injury time.

As City's players celebrated, Guardiola hugged Aguero and appeared to make up with the striker, but was then left deflated as VAR ruled the goal out for handball.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... st-up.html
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

He should not even have wasted his time explaining. Even if they were arguing, and so what?!! This happens in training on the regular and Aguero is not his child. He is a fellow employee working under his supervision and has the right to air his own opinion. Additionally, football is a game of passion. Absolutely nothing wrong in their exchange.
Senator WIRES wrote:He believed that I was upset with him for the goal we conceded': Pep
Pep has clarified the situation following his bust-up with star striker Sergio Aguero on the touchline during Manchester City's 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

The incident occurred on 66 minutes after Aguero was replaced by Gabriel Jesus.

Just 10 minutes earlier, Lucas Moura had equalsied from a corner for Tottenham to make it 2-2 - something Guardiola claims that Aguero blamed him for.

After the game, the Spaniard explained why the pair had fallen out but insisted that their relationship hadn't been harmed by the incident.

'Aguero believed I was upset with him for the goal we conceded. The goal we conceded was a corner,' the City boss said.

'I wanted one on one movement. He thought I was upset with him.

'I am sometimes exaggerated on the touchline but few times am I upset with the players.

'I was a football player, I know what it is like to be in there. Emotion is part of our game. We talked after and during. He's a guy I love a lot.'
As Aguero was substituted he appeared to make a comment as he walked past Guardiola in the dug-out.

The striker's words prompted a furious response from Guardiola, who turned around and began shouting at the striker, who responded with a verbal volley of his own.

The pair continued to trade verbal blows for 44 seconds, with Aguero refusing to sit down as he shouted at Guardiola.

Eventually, City's assistant coach Mikel Arteta was forced to intervene and ushered Guardiola towards the touchline.

However, the City boss looked to have had the last laugh when Jesus fired home inside the 18-yard box, deep into injury time.

As City's players celebrated, Guardiola hugged Aguero and appeared to make up with the striker, but was then left deflated as VAR ruled the goal out for handball.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... st-up.html
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

what passes for journalism these days is a chronicling of drama..any drama real or imagined...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Manchester City denied request for extra winners' medals by Premier League after title triumph last season
The Premier League have turned down a request from Manchester City for extra winners' medals.

Pep Guardiola's champions were originally given 40 — one for the manager and the rest for those who played more than five matches, along with other players and officials as the club saw fit.

And while the Premier League declined to comment, they believe that was sufficient

Guardiola has attacked the five-match rule in the past. Last May, after his side had cruised to the title, City's manager claimed it was 'ridiculous' that some of the club's young players would not receive a winners' medal.

Six youngsters had regularly trained with the City squad and Guardiola said: 'It looks ridiculous to me.

'If they want my medal, I will give them my medal.

'They are champions. They worked from day one to the last one, in the locker room and training. They didn't play because of my decisions, but it's the same.

'Maybe it's so expensive for the Premier League to give three, four, five medals for the young guys. Of course I will be concerned by that.'

Traditionally, City have given all members of staff a miniature replica trophy to mark each success.

However, this year they have decided to commission around 500 medals to reward those in non-playing roles for their important contributions.

Meanwhile, Benjamin Mendy returned to first-team training on Wednesday.

The £52million France left back, who has started only 14 Premier League games since arriving from Monaco in 2017, had arthroscopic surgery on his knee in May and spent the summer rehabilitating in Barcelona.

Mendy, 25, now looks on course to provide competition for Aleks Zinchenko at full back.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

If he wants them to get a medal, he should play them more.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Senator WIRES wrote:Manchester City denied request for extra winners' medals by Premier League after title triumph last season
The Premier League have turned down a request from Manchester City for extra winners' medals.

Pep Guardiola's champions were originally given 40 — one for the manager and the rest for those who played more than five matches, along with other players and officials as the club saw fit.

And while the Premier League declined to comment, they believe that was sufficient

Guardiola has attacked the five-match rule in the past. Last May, after his side had cruised to the title, City's manager claimed it was 'ridiculous' that some of the club's young players would not receive a winners' medal.

Six youngsters had regularly trained with the City squad and Guardiola said: 'It looks ridiculous to me.

'If they want my medal, I will give them my medal.

'They are champions. They worked from day one to the last one, in the locker room and training. They didn't play because of my decisions, but it's the same.

'Maybe it's so expensive for the Premier League to give three, four, five medals for the young guys. Of course I will be concerned by that.'

Traditionally, City have given all members of staff a miniature replica trophy to mark each success.

However, this year they have decided to commission around 500 medals to reward those in non-playing roles for their important contributions.

Meanwhile, Benjamin Mendy returned to first-team training on Wednesday.

The £52million France left back, who has started only 14 Premier League games since arriving from Monaco in 2017, had arthroscopic surgery on his knee in May and spent the summer rehabilitating in Barcelona.

Mendy, 25, now looks on course to provide competition for Aleks Zinchenko at full back.
Iheanacho should get one too for that miss that helped them win the league... :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

This was the true Man City team back in the days..
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kenmega wrote:This was the true Man City team back in the days..
Was that the true Spurs too?
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

kalani JR wrote:
kenmega wrote:This was the true Man City team back in the days..
Was that the true Spurs too?
This is common for Spurs to start slow but this was the season Man City got relegated. Man City were a relegation team before Arab money investment.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Thanks for sharing this classified information.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Mr. Piffington wrote:Thanks for sharing this classified information.
No worries :D
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Mr. Piffington wrote:Thanks for sharing this classified information.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Why has Pep sidelined Fernandinho this season.

This guy has been City's unsung hero for many years
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

benteke wrote:Why has Pep sidelined Fernandinho this season.

Spanish tribalism. :idea: :D Just like he sidelined Yaya The Great for that fancy Spanish dancer called Busquets. :D :taunt:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Manchester City and England defender John Stones will be out for between four and five weeks after suffering a muscle injury in training.
Stones suffered the injury in Ukraine on Tuesday, where City are preparing for Wednesday's Champions League group game with Shakhtar Donetsk.
The injury is a setback for City, who are also without Aymeric Laporte until January or February because of injury.
It leaves City with one established central defender in Nicolas Otamendi.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

ohsee wrote:
benteke wrote:Why has Pep sidelined Fernandinho this season.

Spanish tribalism. :idea: :D Just like he sidelined Yaya The Great for that fancy Spanish dancer called Busquets. :D :taunt:
I see he is using the same modus operandi that he did to Yaya at Barcelona.
Fernandinho is being turned into a center back, Rodri has taken his place, just like Busketts did to Yaya.

But to be fair this time, Fernandinho is a bit older than Yaya.

Anyways let's see how this project goes, it might well be an inspired decision.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Goodness me. There is such thing as age brethren. Like flies to wanton boys, man is to Time, the all conquering master, it’s kills us for sport. Fernandinho is mere mortal, not Mum-raa the ever living. There has been talk of replacement for seasons. Said replacement arrives and now the tune is that of bigotry and bias. El General will be used sparingly to prolong his produce. At 33, the pace of the Premiership isn’t the easiest of goings...but that alone doesn’t read as ridiculously scandalous as claims of racism. In Leroy Sane’s autobiography, he talks about Guardiola calling him “Winston” in training. Worth a read chaps.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:Goodness me. There is such thing as age brethren. Like flies to wanton boys, man is to Time, the all conquering master, it’s kills us for sport. Fernandinho is mere mortal, not Mum-raa the ever living. There has been talk of replacement for seasons. Said replacement arrives and now the tune is that of bigotry and bias. El General will be used sparingly to prolong his produce. At 33, the pace of the Premiership isn’t the easiest of goings...but that alone doesn’t read as ridiculously scandalous as claims of racism. In Leroy Sane’s autobiography, he talks about Guardiola calling him “Winston” in training. Worth a read chaps.
Am sure you read the last part of my last comment, we are talking the same thing.

Anyway looks like Fernandinho is now a Centre back and Rodri the new Busquetts
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Coach wrote:Goodness me. There is such thing as age brethren. Like flies to wanton boys, man is to Time, the all conquering master, it’s kills us for sport. Fernandinho is mere mortal, not Mum-raa the ever living. There has been talk of replacement for seasons. Said replacement arrives and now the tune is that of bigotry and bias. El General will be used sparingly to prolong his produce. At 33, the pace of the Premiership isn’t the easiest of goings...but that alone doesn’t read as ridiculously scandalous as claims of racism. In Leroy Sane’s autobiography, he talks about Guardiola calling him “Winston” in training. Worth a read chaps.
I don't get the Winston reference. :(
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Leroy Sane has an autobiography - WTF!! What is next an U18 releases his own autobiography?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Cristao II wrote:
Leroy Sane has an autobiography - WTF!! What is next an U18 releases his own autobiography?
Thought it was one of Coach's sarcastic one liners :rotf:
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Pep Guardiola hails 'incredibly important' Benjamin Mendy

Pep Guardiola hailed Benjamin Mendy as an 'incredibly important' player for Manchester City after the defender's return to fitness.

The Frenchman returned from a knee problem suffered back in April when he played in the 3-0 victory over Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday.

His comeback is a massive boost for Guardiola, who says the left-back offers completely different threats to Oleksandr Zinchenko.
The first step is to play consistently and not get injured,' the manager told the club's website.
'It was weeks and weeks and months of training. We did it the last month, which is a good sign, and then, he played his first minutes.

'Now, he will play more regularly but he has to understand what we have to do because he went two seasons without training or playing regularly.

He is a guy that has to practice to understand things. He has to train and play and play and play. He will be an incredibly important player for us.
With him, we can attack more constantly and in a different way – he has a special quality that only he has in our team.

'With Oleks Zinchenko, we cannot attack wide or deep. His quality is completely different. With Mendy, we can do it so hopefully, he can be fit and healthy, and play.'

City trained on Friday ahead of their clash with Watford at the Etihad this Saturday.

Sergio Aguero and Co appeared to be in high spirits and will be working hard to get back to winning ways following the defeat by Norwich last time out.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ction.html
!

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

6 minutes into the game vs Preston North, Man City are yet to score. Someone call the cops.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg